Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Marital Vice - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marital Vice (58160 Views)

MARITAL SHAMBLES (COMPLETED) / Pre-marital Sex; The Underestimated Evil. / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mayorblaze:

two sentence mail upon all the revenue we are generating for him.... Humm s.e.u.n you can do more

Amen to yah birthday wish

He dey try na but he didn't try too. The profits are more important but at least I'm happy on my 'baiday' so he's humbly forgiven, lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marital Vice by kaboninc(m): 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Thanks and it was seriously 'unexplosive'. Just typical Thursday smiley. Few calls and that's all.

Lol!

Thursdays are 'unexplosive'?

Well, tonight, you should have a beautiful sleep to compensate for the 'dull' day!
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 6:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Yes, I had always know yesterday to be your birthday, but I just don't know what happen to me this days, I do forget something easily... That's my problem anyways

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIZZYKEZIAH, WISH YOU MANY HAPPY RETURNS LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY in arrears.. .. I'm sorry thou

The Yoruba people said "ti obinrin ko ba dan Ile oko meji wo, ko ni MO eyi to daa ni be" for record, it means : if a lady does not have two matrimonial experience, she wont know which one is better or sweeter, that's for Mama tolu, if she doesn't test another daughter inlaw, she wont know how good Deola is for her son.

For kay, God is watching him in 7D

Once again, happy birthday and I'm sorry it came late
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:18am On Apr 10, 2015
harjibolar10:
Yes, I had always know yesterday to be your birthday, but I just don't know what happen to me this days, I do forget something easily... That's my problem anyways
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIZZYKEZIAH, WISH YOU MANY HAPPY RETURNS LONG LIFE AND PROSPERITY in arrears.. .. I'm sorry thou

The Yoruba people said "ti obinrin ko ba dan Ile oko meji wo, ko ni MO eyi to daa ni be" for record, it means : if a lady does not have two matrimonial experience, she wont know which one is better or sweeter, that's for Mama tolu, if she doesn't test another daughter inlaw, she wont know how good Deola is for her son.
For kay, God is watching him in 7D
Once again, happy birthday and I'm sorry it came late
Thou art forgiven for forgetting moi birthday smiley and it's not coming in too late.

I didn't know you were a proverb master, lol. Well you are getting the whole story sense and God is actually watching Kay in 500D.

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2015
kaboninc:

Lol!

Thursdays are 'unexplosive'?

Well, tonight, you should have a beautiful sleep to compensate for the 'dull' day!

I actually had a really great sleep. Compensating enough like magic smiley
Re: Marital Vice by jezuzboi(m): 11:11am On Apr 10, 2015
Wasn't on-line yesterday, so I carry it over to today;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BTW; story going great.
Re: Marital Vice by LarrySun(m): 10:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Happy birthday in arrears, Kizzykeziah. Many years in abundant glory and prosperity. God bless you, ma'am.

Nice story you're writing. I love the originality. It's a plausible story; it happens a lot in this part of the world.

That scene where Tolu's mother was telling her husband that she would not tend to him if mosquitoes bit his bald head and he began running malaria; that scene really cracked me up. So hilarious! cheesy

I came across a place where you used the word 'phantom' instead of 'fathom'.

Keep up the good work. You're doing great.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
jezuzboi:
Wasn't on-line yesterday, so I carry it over to today;
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
BTW; story going great.

Kumao for the birthday wish. Thanks, sir.
LarrySun:
Happy birthday in arrears, Kizzykeziah. Many years in abundant glory and prosperity. God bless you, ma'am.
Nice story you're writing. I love the originality. It's a plausible story; it happens a lot in this part of the world.
That scene where Tolu's mother was telling her husband that she would not tend to him if mosquitoes bit his bald head and he began running malaria; that scene really cracked me up. So hilarious! cheesy
I came across a place where you used the word 'phantom' instead of 'fathom'.
Keep up the good work. You're doing great.
Amen to the prayer and thanks for the birthday wish.
Lemme go and look for the mistake now.

And thank you again for the comment. Really got me motivated. Merci Bouqui, monsieur smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chapter four

----------------------------------------------

Deola paced the bedroom with her arms across her bosom. She breathed in rapidly from time to time and paused in her steps at times. Her unsettledness was beginning to get her friend, Chris worried.
"Deola, come on, sit," Chris entreated her tapping the bed space beside her.

"Chris, you really expect me to sit with all these madness their shameless family is displaying. Are you kidding me?" Deola said not changing her movements.

"Pacing is not changing anything. You need to calm down," Tina insisted.

Deola sighed and finally sat with her head buried in her palms and her feet tapping restlessly,
"Chris, I can't calm down. Everything Tolu kept rambling about is finally becoming reality. The whole family is obviously against me and they don't give a freaking damn whether I just went through caesarean section to have this child," she pointed at the newborn who was staring up at the ceiling and rolling over in the shawl she was wrapped in from time to time.

"They can't do anything. His mother will just shout and shout. Tolu won't kick you out as she has been yelling since she got here," Chris kept reassuring her tense friend. She now wished Deola's mother would show up as well as her oldest brother and come clear all these up.

"You think so? They've got guts to come here on my baby's naming ceremony to pledge their dislike for me. Can you believe she said my baby's birth is a mistake she wished she had put a stop to had she known I had been pregnant? Did she plan on killing me or getting rid of my child?" Deola exclaimed her disbelief.

Just then, they heard a knock on the door of the bedroom and Chris got up to check who it was.
"What is it? Have they ended the meeting?" Chris asked the young man who was Tolu's cousin, impatiently.

"Not really. They want to give the baby the family's ritual tribal mark on first daughters before the ceremony. So I was told to ask Deola to bring her out," he told her peeking in to check Deola who had stood up from the bed.

"Okay. I will tell her," Chris told him and shut the door behind him. She turned to see her friend already carrying her baby, " Hey, did you hear just now?" She asked thinking Deola was going out with the baby bit was surprised when her friend threw the baby on her back and reached for a couple of cloths to hold her firm there.

"Let their family's head come here to tell me some dumb rubbish. I would then show them that I might be looking like a dumb girl but I have got real madness in me. Family tribal mark, my foot! Idiots!" She hissed loudly and knotted the wrapper tighter. She had changed her clothing earlier into jeans and t-shirt when the whole fracas had began and was now ready to show them hell if they came close to her. Her mother there on time or not.

Chris sighed and rested against the wall. Now, she had ran out of words to say to her friend. Deola was really no longer a kid to be tossed aside whenever.

-----------------------------

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
---------------------------------------------------

"Tomi, is it the second turning on the right or first?" Deola's mother asked her niece who was accompanying her to the naming ceremony.

"I think it's the first. I remember the other time we came here for Niyi's naming ceremony and there was this airtime vender at the first turning. Our cab took a turn there so I'm sort of sure that it's the first turning," Tomi explained to her aunt and looked out the window as they approached their destination.

"Alright then. You take the first turning when we get there," she told the chauffeur who took a few quick turns before they finally arrived outside her daughters'.

The car was pulled to a halt outside the fence of the compound and both of them alighted. Tomi went to the trunk and got out the bags they had there. Her aunt had stuffed three boxes with things for the new born and mother. That wasn't withstanding that Uncle Tumise had called her not to bother since he'd already given his kid sister enough money to get whatever she wished to have. But then, mummy had refused to come to her daughters' empty handed. No mother does that, she had said.

"Are they starting earlier? Didn't your sister say the ceremony was starting four p.m. or are we the ones coming late?" Tomi heard her aunt say and looked up into the compound to see the rented canopy with a group of people seated under like they were having a meeting. Maybe they were indeed starting early, she conceded.

They both walked into the compound with Tomi and the chauffeur with the luggage. Deola's mum noticed as she proceeded that the gathering was without a pastor who officiated such occasions and began to wonder what was going on. Moreover, it looked more like a family meeting than a naming ceremony.
"I wonder what happened," she said to herself and walked on to them alongside Tomi and the chauffeur.

-----------------------------

Seyi watched his mother as she shook her legs restlessly. She had been that way for over an hour, swearing to rain brimstone on his brothers' house. That had been her countenance since the previous week when their dad had told the family of Tolu's call to inform them of his wife's birth of a bouncing baby girl. Their mother had gone savage then, ranting and puffing. She was not hiding her anger to say the least. It had taken the intervention of her elder brother, Alhaji Usman to prevent her from storming to Lagos from their home at Abeokuta. He had promised to take charge of it all. He had after all being the one responsible for the education of all four sons she had, so she listened to him and waited till the day of the naming ceremony before leaving home by five a.m. just to meet up her 'grand arrangement'. It had cost him not taking his bath properly and using a stick to clean his teeth in the bus just to catch up with her. As for their dad, she had asked him to go to hell. He was just a quiescent fool as it was, she had said when she got the news. Nearly tearing up his clothes because she felt he had been in on it with his son. To make Deola have another child and look pitiful again, but she wasn't buying that this time around and would ensure she got the witch out of her son's life finally.

"Ode.....fool!" Seyi could hear her hiss loudly now as his brother walked up to them under the canopy where they were all seated.

"Why didn't you tell her we were coming earlier? Alhaji said he had called you over to his place two days ago to inform your wife that she would be the centre of this gathering today, isn't it?" An uncle of Tolu observed as Tolu took his seat on one of the white plastic chairs.

Tolu nodded and said nothing which did just great to fuel his mother's anger who got up from her seat beside her brother,
"Did you also tell her you are going to start another family and the lady in question is pregnant already?!" She shouted at her son who was shocked by his mum's statement. He was about to exclaim 'what?!' but was beaten to it by someone else. He glanced up and saw it was Deola's mother. Cursing under his breath and wishing everything will stand still, he said a quick prayer,
"God help me," he muttered slowly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marital Vice by gorgybee(f): 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Yeah,Tolu sure needs that 'God help' and I hope everything turns out well for him.
They don't want the little baby girl,yet they are planning on giving her tribal mark...hmm,wicked set of people.
Keep it coming kizzy.
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
This has been an interesting read so far. Thanks u are doing good.
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
This has been an interesting read so far. Thanks u are doing good. And please accept some belated birthday wish of long life and prosperity
Re: Marital Vice by jezuzboi(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Deola should have invited more of her family members so that they measure up 4 d war. Now she's outnumbered 8 to 2.
As 4 Oga Tolu, I just dey watch am.
Re: Marital Vice by stuff46(m): 5:59am On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
Miss Kizzykeziah where art thou. You have placed us in suspense.
Re: Marital Vice by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Kizzykeziah, I got here a little bit late but i'm glad i saw dis story anyway cos it's very interesting nd filled of suspense. Nice storyline, keep it rolling.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2015
gorgybee:
Yeah,Tolu sure needs that 'God help' and I hope everything turns out well for him.
They don't want the little baby girl,yet they are planning on giving her tribal mark...hmm,wicked set of people.
Keep it coming kizzy.
Wicked indeed o sad
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:50am On Apr 16, 2015
Akposb:
Miss Kizzykeziah where art thou. You have placed us in suspense.
I'm very much around o, I don't have an update now but will try to type before today ends. Biane.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2015
jezuzboi:
Deola should have invited more of her family members so that they measure up 4 d war. Now she's outnumbered 8 to 2.
As 4 Oga Tolu, I just dey watch am.
They're more than 8 o, but her mum got her back now.......... Hopefully.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Akposb:
This has been an interesting read so far. Thanks u are doing good. And please accept some belated birthday wish of long life and prosperity
Birthday wish duly accepted smiley
Re: Marital Vice by jaymomma(f): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
This story is so captivating. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Kudos kizzykeziah.

Cheers,
jaymomma.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chapter five

"Her eyes are really bright. She has places to go, I can see that clearly," the pastor remarked and handed over the infant to its mother. He looked over at the paternal grandmother where she sat at the balcony, muttering some mumbo jumbo to herself. He was at least glad that he had been able to put things in order and made the family get settled for the day's occasion. The way he had met them earlier, he had had to take charge of the whole situation. It was a good thing that the protocol official from the church had come along with him. Controlling them could have been more tasking then. But he was grateful to the almighty God who had proved his faithfulness and taken control of everything.

"Brethren, let us rise and share the grace in fellowship," he said aloud since there was no microphone and raised his hands to the guests who stood up and recited the benediction.

Thereafter, the guests who were mostly family and neighbors with only a few friends dispersed around the compound. Cooking had been ongoing notwithstanding the whole drama that had taken place that morning. Mama Sade had ensured that, as she led the servers who were young neighbors she had coerced into taking up the job of serving guests their meals.

"Mama Niyi, everything is fine here. Don't worry and go inside," she whispered into Deola's ears as she stood with her hands folded across her chest and watched her mum with the baby.

Deola nodded at her and took the child from her mum, saying nothing. She looked around for her son and saw him clinging to his father's side with his cap swallowing his head. She hissed loudly and was about to go drag the boy from Tolu but got held back by Chris who tapped her shoulder,

"Deola, let's go inside. The pastor wants to pray for you and the baby," Christina told her friend who hesitated for a moment still staring at Niyi. Tolu chose that moment to raise his eyes to meet hers and they held each other's gaze for a millisecond before Deola barged into the house. She nearly kicked her mother's in-law foot as she went in, not bothering to say she was sorry as she would have done early that morning or any other day.

The lady wanted it this way, well she was going to get it far worse.

-------------------

"Hey, Tolu," Tayo waved at his friend as he saw him and got a smile in return.

"I thought you weren't coming anymore," Tolu told him and went to hug his childhood friend tight, "Tayo, things are really messed up her," he said gently before letting his friend go.

Tayo looked around and saw that most family members whom he knew wore gloomy faces even with the sumptuous meals they had in front of them. The only person seeming to be having fun was the little big brother, Niyi who was dancing to the music playing by the disc jockey who had been trying to liven up the ceremony with his Yinka Ayefele Yoruba highlife music collection.

"Mummy, right? I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier, man. I was stuck in Ibadan," he explained to his friend who nodded simply so he continued, "And how could you think I wouldn't come? Even if I wasn't here for you, you should know that I can't bail on Deola. She even called me last night just to make sure I was still coming. And where is she?" He asked now seeing Tolu was not feeling too comfortable.

"Inside? I don't know," he shrugged indifferently.

Tayo sighed, "What did she do? Your mum, I mean?"

"Look, Tayo. I don't understand anything right now. Mummy already called Alhaji and he is inside right now. Deola's mother also showed up and mummy kept yelling Lydia is the new woman in my life and Deola should get lost. They are still saying the same thing but the pastor showed up in time and that's why the ceremony took place. If otherwise, I don't know what story I would be telling you now," Tolu told his friend who nodded and patted his back,

"Everything would take shape. I just hope Deola is taking it maturely,"

"If that could pass for the murderous stare she shot at me before she went in just now, then maybe you're right. I just want my mum to leave and let me have a little peace in my life,"

"And this Lydia? She didn't show up to worsen things?" Tayo asked him.

"Not yet. I hope not too because I'm still in a haze about how mom met her. That has really confounded me, Tayo," Tolu admitted to his friend who patted his back again and was about to say something but paused and smiled seeing how Niyi wasn't seemingly aware of whatever ruckus was ongoing. The kid was only having fun,

"This boy is definitely your son," he observed and Tolu finally took note of his son and smiled too, "Let me go in now. See what I can do or say or whatever. I'd be with you when I'm done there or you want to come with?" Tayo offered.

Tolu shrugged, "Let's go and see how well the pastor's words went in my mum's ears," he said and they both went towards the building.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
jaymomma:
This story is so captivating. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Kudos kizzykeziah.

Cheers,
jaymomma.

Cheers, jaymomma smiley

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by jezuzboi(m): 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Deola has charged. War 4 war.
Who do anyhow go see anyhow.

Ride on.........
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2015
bossricky:
I'm following awesome story,you just gained a loyal fan in me.
Whats the name of tolu's first son pls?
The first son's name will be Niyi.
Re: Marital Vice by Akposb(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for the update.
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ghen ghen, this is getting serious ooo

This tayo of a man, I like him shaa. Deola, you have to take it easy ooo, this your so called 'iya oko' has been possesed oo, so she will do an undo.

And BTW, where is this so called friend of tolu, whats his name self... The one that always give those advice to that yeye tolu.

And my opinion ; why dont you use 'tina' whenever you want to short 'Christiana', instead of using 'Chris' Chris sound more like a man's name.. . My observation thou

Oya continue namesake me
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
harjibolar10:
Ghen ghen, this is getting serious ooo
This tayo of a man, I like him shaa. Deola, you have to take it easy ooo, this your so called 'iya oko' has been possesed oo, so she will do an undo.
And BTW, where is this so called friend of tolu, whats his name self... The one that always give those advice to that yeye tolu.
And my opinion ; why dont you use 'tina' whenever you want to short 'Christiana', instead of using 'Chris' Chris sound more like a man's name.. . My observation thou
Oya continue namesake me

Namesake, I thought you had disappeared before o. Great to have you here smiley

Actually, I prefer using Chris for Christina. I don't see it as just a guy's name and simply prefer using it. Forgive me for that errm.... addiction of mine.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Akposb:
Thanks for the update.
You're most welcome and I was only getting lazier before.
I should be a little more devoted now.
Re: Marital Vice by chii8(f): 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
I feel lk slappn dat guy 2olu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.