Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! (10158 Views)

Barewa College: The Nigerian School That Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governor / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / Name Of Muhammadu Buhari In Barewa College Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Jarus(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
I like reading biographies of eminent people, right from my primary school days. I can remember coming across this college in the biographies of prominent Nigerians, especially northerners. Curiously, I searched for it wikipedia, via google that I learnt this secondary school produced:
5 Nigerian Presidents:
-Gowon
-Murtala
-Shagari
-Buhari
-Umoru Yar'adua

Nigeria's only Prime Minister

-Tafawa Balewa

Most influential Northern politician/Ex-Premier of Northern region
-Ahmadu Bello

2 Chief Justices of Nigeria:

-Muhammad Bello
-Idris Kutigi

Ex-IG
-Ibrahim Coomassie

. . .of course the two brightest northerners of this generation:
-Nasir El-rufai
-Nuhu Ribadu

I understand that that was obviously the only secondary school in the north at that time, but could any school be prouder?
Kudos to whoever thought of teh idea of forming that school at that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barewa_College

Lalasticlala
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Sammy107d(m): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2009
I'll like to believe that school is in a thrilling condition with top class standards now.
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Chubado: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2009
Believe me or not, others will only follow to what Barewa College have done and produce.
Go well to all the Boyzzzzzzz of Barewa.

Mahmud M. Chubado
chubado2@hotmail.com
class of y2k.
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by SapeleGuy: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
Yes well done to Barawo college.
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by bootycall(f): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

rofl.
. . . . .and to the Monster-head. grin
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
shagari, gowon, coomasie, yar adua are "eminent" people? shocked grin
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by sjeezy8: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2009
wow people should be scared it looks like they were all hand picked for top positions- ITS THE FULANI OLIGARCHY
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by sucessful1: 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
ey r all old cargo from d colonies,wat else d u xpect from a place where ey r only but few schools and few pupils then,
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by mamagee6(f): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
Yarasick killed it.
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Beaf: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
Oligarchy. Thats where the oil money goes.
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by MrCrackles(m): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:

grin cheesy grin
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2009
Can someone get us the picture of that school and post?
I am sure that the school will probably be nothing to write home about
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Beaf: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
A roundup of looters and their oyinbos (1958 staff). This is the full list from Wikipedia.

Ahmadu Bello[1]
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
Yakubu Gowon[2]
Murtala Mohammed[3]
Shehu Shagari[2]
Suleiman Takuma[4]
Muhammadu Buhari
Umaru Yar'Adua[5]
Ibrahim Dasuki
Justice Mamman Nasir
Iya Abubakar
Umaru Dikko
Jibril Aminu
Ibrahim Alfa
Ibrahim Coomassie
Abu Gidado
Lema Jibrin
Umar Sanda Ndayako
Ahmadu Kurfi
Justice Mohammed Bello
Adamu Fika
Bala Usman
Ango Abdullahi
Idris Legbo Kutigi
Tijani Dagazau
Adamu Ciroma
Umaru Shinkafi
Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai[6]  (not a looter)
Nuhu Ribadu (not a looter)

Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by aieromon(m): 2:04am On Aug 12, 2009
What type of cult school is this? angry
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Jarus(m): 12:31pm On May 27, 2010
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by SLIGHT(m): 1:13pm On May 27, 2010
What abt nagarta college?
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by kaura5000: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2015
Pdp and hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by tomakint: 12:43am On Jan 03, 2015
davidylan:
shagari, gowon, coomasie, yar adua are "eminent" people? shocked grin
You just beat me to it, I wondered what was the purpose of this thread in the first place. The clowns this funny college had produced as Presidents contributed massively to the present state we found ourselves collectively as a Country....just wondering what makes them 'eminent' undecided I will rather celebrate colleges that produce the likes of Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, Chief Awo, ZIK etc
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Trailblazer1(m): 12:51am On Jan 03, 2015
Can they help us with buhari's WAEC result?

1 Like

Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by Trailblazer1(m): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2015
We also learnt that buhari was a senior perfect of the school, which translates that he must be one intelligent geek.

All I ask for is "show me my next president's WAEC result"

Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by kaura5000: 12:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Show me jona's own
Re: Barewa College: The Secondary School That Has Produced 5 Nigerian Presidents! by donphilopus: 1:09am On Jan 03, 2015
kaura5000:
Show me jona's own

No one can boast of ever seeing Jonathan's PhD Thesis, yet these guys come online daily to spew balderdash.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Uk Grants Fg Leave To Appeal $9.6bn P&id Award / You Must Account For Alleged ₦15 Trillion Loot, PDP Tells APC Leaders / A Video Of Godwin Emefiele's Mansion Built In The Village Surface Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.