Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Hard Words For My Igbofolks Who Stood Their Ground - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hard Words For My Igbofolks Who Stood Their Ground (465 Views)

It Is Time For Ndigbo To Stand Their Ground — Sen Ohuabunwa / APC Senator Who Stood With Saraki Faces Tinubu’s Fury / How Jonathan Plot To Rig Election. How Nigeria Police Stood Their Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hard Words For My Igbofolks Who Stood Their Ground by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2015
The election has come and gone, winners have emerged so as losers, so congratulation to everybody that participated in the electoral process no matter which side your standing that's not the end of the world, I didn't vote and was not interested because like I will always say "I have no dog in the fight".
I couldn't convince myself enough to que and undergo some strenuous process just because I want to vote somebody whose my heart isn't at home with, I never wanted to be a part of the two impending calamities and am not regreting my decision.

To my Igbo folks who are being insulted and derided for voting a candidate of their choice, I find it disgusting and childish that you regreting a decision you took just because another person carried the day at the end of the day. Everybody must not vote Jonathan likewise everybody must not Buhari, this is democracy for crying out and variety is the spice of life.

Last season I lost close to 50K in one swoop because bet for the club i supported with the hope they will win premiership, they didn't , I lost my resources yet I didn't ditch them then ask me if I placed any bounty on their head again, yes I did because I believe in them, now they are looking more promising because they have rectified their mistakes.
There is always a price for every courageous act, people were deriding you for not been united but this election have shown you have no herds mentality but united in purpose, Jonathan is not an Igboman and he will never be.
Some Arabs prefer Jesus to Mohammed a Jewish while some Jewish Arabs still believe in prophet Muhammed, would stop being a muslim because a TB Joshua possesses a healing power that benefit the christian community, I won't stop being an Igboman just because Dangote is not from Igboland- if you love Jonathan show your love and don't let anybody tell you why you should hate him, its your choice taken cus your old enough to do just that.
It all boils down to personal conviction but in Nigeria the biggest slavecamp of hypocrites and coward praisesingers its tribalism and ethno religious sentiments.

I will like to use this medium to appeal to everybody to stand his ground, die on your feet and don't live on knees, that you took the decision and it didn't pay off doesn't mean risks are not part of success, you have taken the risk, you have made your statements and what else again is to move on and stop dwelling in how life used to be or should have been if you had been in the winning team.
You showed your people of class and integrity, no baboon and monkeys have been soaked in blood neither is anywhere burning, you took the defeat in good faith and maturity counts.

Like I observed they are distracting you with the failure of your prefered candidate in the central so you decided to forget to celebrate your people who won Federal seats in Lagos. The same sets of people were cajoling you that an Igboman will never be a ward councillor in Lagos but now what is happening, the same Igbos used the land to launch their career in the federal level not even playing the local league anymore- please is this not worth celebrating that a Lagos governor of Igbo extraction is on the horizon, we have commissioner now we have Fed Rep members, let's wait to see if the SHA members will record more sizeable amount of Igbos in a land thousands away from their ancestral land.

They will always use the not too good side to make you feel bad but don't let anybody push you around, remind them that Hon Ukachukwu had represented Abuja in the time past as a rep member and now your making serious headways in Lagos politics likely other Nigerian who are not originally from the zone where the citystate is located.

Jonathan has lost the election so no life should be lost as well, believe in what you stand for no matter how popular your views seems to be, don't move along with the crowd, chat your own course, go against the grain, maintain your ground even in the face of impending calamity, its not about the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog, you have paid your dues, let it slide, look for a brother to network with and expand our coast, deny no Igboman info on how to leverage and be succesful, expect less from the government like we are trained to, be politically aware but economically conscious, discriminate against nobody irrespective of whether he is SE or Anambra, Imo or Ebonyi, Anioma or Benue Igbo, no matter the divide let's see beyond that and move on as long as Emeka remains the landlord, Shaygun the tenant and Ardamu the gateman nobi today nyash dey for back

Buddah Monk slept here

1 Like

Re: Hard Words For My Igbofolks Who Stood Their Ground by eagleeye2: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2015
I am grateful that the monkey and baboons have been saved.
Though some baboons and monkeys still celebrated and soaked themselves in blood.

(1) (Reply)

Request For International Scene Section / Who Will Be Nigeria’s Next Senate President?* / Chat Club - Buhari's Agenda.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.