Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) (25394 Views)

Students Arrested While Unclad At a Man’s House In Kenya / Women Fight In Salon Over Politician In Kenya (Photos) / Students In Kenya Having Group Sex Caught (Photos+Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Pavore9: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
sighs

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by mmsen: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
It's about time that Africans had a serious conversation about the scourge of religion in African society.

This can't be allowed to continue.

2 Likes

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
Built2last:
I wish GMB well on Bokoharam....He said he will james bond them out in 3months.

2 months but don't expect miracles he adds
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by zionzoe(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
I hope Change is not a Clamour to forcefully convert others to Islam.......times after this administration will tell......my fingers are crossed......watching
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by dre11(m): 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
zicoraads:
Lies, lies and lies!

This attack started in the mosque. The majority. If not everyone that was killed is a muslim.

Thank you for pointing the truth to that religious bigot
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Bifwoli: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
maestroz:

kenya needs BUHARI in the interim to fight terrorism

No,no,no Kenya doesn't need that goat herder and terrorist sympathizer.
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
The death toll is now 70.
Was following the story this morning. I hear they claim its Al-shabab Islamists from neighboring Somalia that may be responsible.
Just think about it, you wake up in the comfort of your bed, in a relatively safe haven like a university campus and next thing...you may be dead simply because of your religious inclination.
This world is just becoming unsafe as times goes by.

3 Likes

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by pinkycute(f): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
zicoraads:
Lies, lies and lies!

This attack started in the mosque. The majority. If not everyone that was killed is a muslim.

Lies from the pit of hell
It is refreshing to hear you folks make excuses for these lunatics,it rubber stamps the idea that you all are in this together

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/africa/kenya-university-attack/

They separated students by religion

5 Likes

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dharniel:
What on earth could these gunmen want from student, are these gunmen not aware that GMB have won the presidential election here in nigeria, what insolence...

Are you sure you are on the right thread?

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Bonapart(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Islam: plague of the world....
Quote me and thunder will fire your finger
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by gratiaeo(m): 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
#BlameIslam
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
mmsen:
It's about time that Africans had a serious conversation about the scourge of religion in African society.

This can't be allowed to continue.

Take away religion...and man would argue over something.

Read about Lysenko ....and the science he espoused...and how many people died because they did not agree with him...and how everyone in the whole show were atheists

Man is an argumentative species.
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by damola311: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
zicoraads:
Lies, lies and lies!

No be only mosque.... This news has been on air since morning, guess you don't follow updates. I don't argue with your type,you might help by doing your research

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
Joel Ayora, who was on the campus and witnessed the attack, said gunmen burst into a Christian service. Taking hostages from the service, they then "proceeded to the hostels, shooting anybody they came across except their fellows, the Muslims."

The attackers separated students by religion, allowing Muslims to leave and keeping an unknown number of Christians hostage, Agence France-Presse reported.

"We were sleeping when we heard a loud explosion that was followed by gunshots and everyone started running for safety," student Japhet Mwala said.

"There are those who were not able to leave the hostels where the gunmen headed and started firing. I am lucky to be alive because I jumped through the fence with other students."

Eventually, as many as 50 students were freed, and at least 65 people were hospitalized from the attack, the Kenyan Red Cross said.

Nine hours after the attack began, heavy gunfire and explosions continued, said Dennis Okari of CNN affiliate NTV.

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by seedorfg(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
may GOD help us in this 23rd century
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
damola311:

No be only mosque.... This news has been on air since morning, guess you don't follow updates. I don't argue with your type,you might help by doing your research

They targeted and killed Christians and freed Muslims

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
zicoraads:
Lies, lies and lies!

Actually, that person was speaking the truth:
Below is an excerpt from cnn.com

Witness: Gunmen shot non-Muslims

Joel Ayora, who was on the campus and witnessed the attack, said gunmen burst into a Christian service. Taking hostages from the service, they then "proceeded to the hostels, shooting anybody they came across except their fellows, the Muslims."

The attackers separated students by religion, allowing Muslims to leave and keeping an unknown number of Christians hostage, Agence France-Presse reported.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/africa/kenya-university-attack/index.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by gogodaye(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
To stem the increase in the wave of terrorism threatening the globe and humanity today......the world would need to rein in both The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Iran.......they are the ones fueling these jihadist causes around the globe in their quest to enthrone the suptemacy of either Shia or sunni branch of Islam.....
These fundamentalist groups are proxies used to wage these battles off the shores of their countries.....
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
zicoraads:
Lies, lies and lies!

Actually...it started at a christian prayer meeting.

CNN

"We were sleeping when we heard a loud explosion that was followed by gunshots and everyone started running for safety," student Japhet Mwala said.

"There are those who were not able to leave the hostels where the gunmen headed and started firing. I am lucky to be alive because I jumped through the fence with other students."

Eventually, as many as 50 students were freed, and at least 65 people were hospitalized from the attack, the Kenyan Red Cross said.

Al-Jazeera English

The al-Qaeda-linked al-Shabab group said their gunmen were holding Christian hostages inside the complex in revenge for Nairobi's troops fighting in Somalia.

The gunmen divided students at the university between Muslims and non-Muslims, letting the Muslim students go, the group's spokesman Sheikh Ali Mohamud Rage told AFP news agency by telephone.

Rage said the armed group had targeted Kenya for its involvement African Union mission against al-Shabab in Somalia.

"When our men arrived, they released some people, the Muslims, and it is them that alerted the government. We are holding the others hostage," he said, adding those seized were Christians, but not saying how many there were.

Russia Today..

Somali Islamist group Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the assault, saying it was holding Christians hostage inside the university.

Al Shabaab's spokesman Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab said the gunmen were holding Christian hostages inside. "We sorted people out and released the Muslims," he told Reuters.

The gunmen allegedly entered the university as students were heading to morning prayers. The attackers reportedly posed as worshipers among the students, and then started shooting indiscriminately.

Horrible....but as a Christian I do not blame all Muslims for the crimes of a few.

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by mmsen: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Take away religion...and man would argue over something.

Read about Lysenko ....and the science he espoused...and how many people died because they did not agree with him...and how everyone in the whole show were atheists

Man is an argumentative species.

People will forever disagree but religion provides a safe zone for irrational thought and actions, a place where it cannot be challenged.

Rarely is religion anything but a barrier against open discussion and progress.

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
There is only one religion where the adherents have the mantra " you will die for what I believe in"

God help us
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by ceejayluv(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

2 months but don't expect miracles he adds
Lol, has he started adding clauses?...
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
ceejayluv:

Lol, has he started adding clauses?...

“If for five, six years the law enforcement agencies including the military could not secure fourteen local governments out of 774, how can I promise miracles when i come?”

https://www.nairaland.com/2233280/buhari-urges-nigerians-not-expect
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Horus(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAii3HgVwd8

[size=15pt]Kenya attack: Garissa University assault 'leaves 70 dead' - BBC News[/size]
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
this is small compared to what boko haram is capable of.
remember the over 200 students killed in yobe by boko haram in one night.
pathetic and bloody religion.

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
As a Christian,topics like these are very painful
Why are these people always killing Christians for no reason and yet claim their religion is peaceful
How can that be?
Where is the outcry from the Muslim world and what message are they sending out to their adherents on the violence that has become synonymous with their religion?
The one Muslin that posted here came out to deny Christians were targeted telling us Muslims were the ones targeted and killed.
A blatant lie by all indications
That speaks volumes

1 Like

Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by Atmmachine(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Na buhari cause am
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by zicoraads: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Actually, that person was speaking the truth:
Below is an excerpt from cnn.com

Witness: Gunmen shot non-Muslims

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/africa/kenya-university-attack/index.html
Thank you. Bushdoc9919...thank you too. I was following it intermittently on Al-jazeera and not online. Just finished reading it now.

Still I do not subscribe to the idea of classifying all Muslims as terrorists because of the actions of these terrorist organisations.

I have beautiful relationships with Muslims.
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by damola311: 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

They targeted and killed Christians and freed Muslims

You should have help me quote that Zicoraads with the link so he will know news it's not only read on nairaland.
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by ceejayluv(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

“If for five, six years the law enforcement agencies including the military could not secure fourteen local governments out of 774, how can I promise miracles when i come?”

https://www.nairaland.com/2233280/buhari-urges-nigerians-not-expect
Well, apparently that's not what his supporters are boasting of.. They have very very high and sometimes unrealistic expectations, even for a critic's standard.
Re: Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) by cybriz82(m): 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
argon500:
Two guards were killed and several people injured after gunmen attacked Garissa University College in northeast Kenya on Thursday morning.

Kenya Red Cross officials say at least 30 people, including two policemen were injured by the attackers and have been rushed to hospital.

The gunmen are said to have attacked the institution around 5.30am Thursday.

Unconfirmed reports state that students may have been taken hostage.

Nation.co.ke reporter Abdimalik Hajir said he saw the bodies of the guards near the university's main gate.

Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet said there was a shootout between attackers and police officers who were guarding the students’ hostels.

"The attackers shot indiscriminately while inside the university compound.

“However, the attackers retreated and gained entry into the hostels….a joint force composed of NPS officers and other security agencies arrived and are engaged in an elaborative process of flushing out the gunmen from the hostels,” he said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.

KDF and police have entered the university’s compound.

Source: http://www.nation.co.ke/counties/Garissa-University-College-under-attack/-/1107872/2673506/-/13a5c3i/-/index.html
....admit u forget to add dis...viewer dicretion pllsssssss dnt stare if u dnt av iron mind...too bad God pls av mercy..70 dead nw I just reciv anoda news abt d death toll which is 77.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

German Machete Attack: Syrian Refugee Kills Woman & Injures Two Others / Nigeria Urges Israel & Palestine To See Reason & De-Escalate / Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.