Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (267395 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
smartmom:
Actually lost 4 kg since I went cold turkey on sugar. I feel cool about it. Back to a comfortable size 14 close to 12 sef.

Good on you!

I dropped 13-14kg from completely cutting out fatty based foods (fry-fry), all forms of processed sugar, and excessively salty foods. Exercising has helped a long way too.

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by smartmom(f): 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Good on you!

I dropped 13-14kg from completely cutting out fatty based foods (fry-fry), all forms of processed sugar, and excessively salty foods. Exercising has helped a long way too.

:o13 kg, how many dress sizes is that? I am sure you will get some scolding from your mom for becoming 'thin' if you reside in naia lol, wow! I skip about 100-150 daily and walk for 30 mins when I can. I am 4 kg above my ideal BMI but my kids and hubby think I am ok now but hearing you say 13kg hmm ,,, thinking challenge mode o.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Empiree: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Bush woman.

That is soooooooo embarrassing. I hope she didn't do that during the morning rush hour commute?

See her giving us blacks a bad name. Some people really belong in the village, ad per you can take her out of the village, but you can't take the village outta her.

Civilization nor do am for this...this...woman! angry
umm, lol, actually average american and British eat anything on the train. They can eat their sandwiches even in a very nasty manner on the train. No one cares. So she does have her right to eat on the train. I just can't

I can only eat fruits, drink from my tea mug or water on the train cus folks would be looking grin

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
umm, lol, actually average american and British eat anything on the train. They can eat their sandwiches even in a very nasty manner on the train. No one cares. So she does have her right to eat on the train. I just can't

I can only eat fruits, drink from my tea mug or water on the train cus folks would be looking grin

Yes, but Eba / Pounded yam / Amala / Fufu / Akpu / Starch with soup? And using her bare fingers? How much "bush" can she get? There are certain things we do at home (like eating with our fingers) but to do it outside in full view of the public?

Cringe worthy stuff. sad sad
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
smartmom:

:o13 kg, how many dress sizes is that? I am sure you will get some scolding from your mom for becoming 'thin' if you reside in naia lol, wow! I skip about 100-150 daily and walk for 30 mins when I can. I am 4 kg above my ideal BMI but my kids and hubby think I am ok now but hearing you say 13kg hmm ,,, thinking challenge mode o.

Lol!

I haven't reached my ideal weight yet. BUT, I'm more interested in muscle growth / tonning them up. I know muscle mass should be considered when talking BMI...but I want more muscles.

Best way for me to burn off calories is by jogging. I do 1hr 30mins (9.0 miles) worth of jogging at least 5 days a week.

I also do an hour's worth of intensive cardio in my back garden and 20-30mins worth of sit-ups and lower abdominal exercises...but not as frequently as I'd like to though.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Empiree: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Yes, but Eba / Pounded yam / Amala / Fufu / Akpu / Starch with soup? And using her bare fingers? How much "bush" can she get? There are certain things we do at home (like eating with our fingers) but to do it outside in full view of the public?

Lol, average yankees would think she's one of those crackheads in the community. Only crackhead eat like that in public view.

In my opinion, i think she just wanted to show off. She wanted to make headline and she got it
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Empiree:
Lol, average yankees would think she's one of those crackheads in the community. Only crackhead eat like that in public view.

In my opinion, i think she just wanted to show off. She wanted to make headline and she got it

Lol!

Dunno about the Americans but I do know the Brits will snigger at her. It's worse than someone laughing out at you.

Dirty woman.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I don't see the chicken in that oh. Where is it?

Had to google quiona. Looks like you've got chick peas in your lettuce? And Couscous on the side...

I put the chicken first, then avocado, then eggs, then peanuts. I love burst of different flavors and textures in my mouth when I'm eating a sandwich (lettuce-wich) . cheesy I put vinegar in the chicken too, for some acidity.

na quinoa, like what ladygogo posted, no be couscous. Though they're similar.

ladygogo:
Quinoa, chicken and veggies.
I hope my behind will be consistent.
@Babe i tried the jump squats you suggested and the regular squats. It was really energizing Exercise is good sha only if one can be determined and consistent. grin

Very happy to hear! smiley

question: how do you get rid of the subtle bitter taste in quinoa?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
BABE3:

I put the chicken first, then avocado, then eggs, then peanuts. I love burst of different flavors and textures in my mouth when I'm eating a sandwich (lettuce-wich) . cheesy I put vinegar in the chicken too, for some acidity.

It sounds...interesting. But vinegar? embarassed
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
EfemenaXY:

It sounds...interesting. But vinegar? embarassed

Yes. I cook with vinegar and white wine a lot. These "oyibo" foods tend to be too rich and sweet for my palate. So I cut the richness with a little bit of acid (wine or vinegar or lemon sometimes).

Balanced! cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 1:39am On Apr 16, 2015
BABE3:

Very happy to hear! smiley

question: how do you get rid of the subtle bitter taste in quinoa?

Thanks babe.
I did a water rinse.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 2:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Wild salmon and leaf, stuff already but I must finish this leaf and fish cheesy

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:11am On Apr 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

i think she was using a spoon or fork. Something like that.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Chillisauce:

Thanks dear, I hope we are still in track.

I'm starting to see my upper packs . But I guess I need more protein

Double post
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:55am On Apr 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Na who dey laugh? Me? Or babyosisi? cheesy cheesy

That is eh, it was the craziest statement on this thread!

@Chillisauce: Please come back and kick some life into this inspirational thread. Don't just let it fade away na...

Kimoni. Edwife. Babe3. Herzumpther. Cococandy. Moca. Bukatyne. And all you beautiful ladies on the keep fit healthy journey. Please come back na.

Awwww Efe, I've had a relapse sad sad
Been eating in and out of hotels this week and gained so much weight. I'll be back in full force next week.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2015
marbee:
Nice thread! Please can a breastfeeding mother go on diet?baby is 6months, have started taking solids. When I mean diet maybe like drinking Lipton and eating less carbohydrate or food. Please any tips?
HI there
Welcome it can be done, but don't do anything drastic, since your baby need nutrient in the milk. You can start by reducing your meal to a reasonable extent, abeg don't starve o, you go just shiver after baby such u dry
And add any choice of exercise you Love.
You will see improvement kiss
Don't be in a hurry, just put your feet in front of each other and baby steps before giant strides.
Others will add a tip or two, best wishes smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by babyboom(f): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Good on you!

Whoa, am impressed.
Please tell us what and what u ate.
did u cut out fruits too - like pineapple, banana.
I am motivated too
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ApexTitan(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Best way for me to burn off calories is by jogging. I do 1hr 30mins (9.0 miles) worth of jogging at least 5 days a week.

shocked shocked shocked

9 miles is ~14km. You mean you jog 14km 5 days a week or what?!!! Please explain because with that kind of exercise you should be rake thin, you lose muscle tissue incredibly fast that it becomes unhealthy.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by marbee(f): 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
zemaye:

HI there
Welcome it can be done, but don't do anything drastic, since your baby need nutrient in the milk. You can start by reducing your meal to a reasonable extent, abeg don't starve o, you go just shiver after baby such u dry
And add any choice of exercise you Love.
You will see improvement kiss
Don't be in a hurry, just put your feet in front of each other and baby steps before giant strides.
Others will add a tip or two, best wishes smiley

Thanks for taking your time to reply me. kiss

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by lufizzkids(f): 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
Healthy version of ewa agoyin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 7:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
^^^^^^ can I be you guest
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
Wheat ,oat and egusi soup.

@Efemenaxy and babe. How healthy is egusi?

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
ladygogo:
Wheat ,oat and egusi soup.

@Efemenaxy and babe. How healthy is egusi?

Personally I try to avoid swallows primarily because our soups are just too high in calories.

For example, the soup has got palm oil. Palm oil is very fattening. Secondly the portion size is a lot. Half of that is more than enough for starters.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by bukatyne(f): 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
'Salad' with Olive oil and lemon dressing

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
[quote author=EfemenaXY post=32802399]

Personally I try to avoid swallows primarily because our soups are just too high in calories.

[b][/b]For example, the soup has got palm oil. Palm oil is very fattening. Secondly the portion size is a lot. Half of that is more than enough for starters.[/quote)

Efe please dont kee me abeg. grin grin I thought red palm was healthy fat and i added more swallow because its wheat and oatmeal since they are considered healthy carbs. *sigh* Thank you. I will keep my portions smaller.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
ApexTitan:

shocked shocked shocked

9 miles is ~14km. You mean you jog 14km 5 days a week or what?!!! Please explain because with that kind of exercise you should be rake thin, you lose muscle tissue incredibly fast that it becomes unhealthy.

You would only lose muscle tissue if you exercise and don't eat at all or sensibly, or do somethint silly and unsustainable like crash dieting (or undergoing extended fasting sprees).

The key is to have a balanced health diet. I tend to lean more towards my proteins for muscle growth and lots and lots of green vegetables and fruits. I also drink at least 3 litres of water daily.

Another important thing is to do exercises that tone up your muscles. I do at least 50 mins worth of intensive cardiovascular exercises and a further 30-45 mins of sit-ups and lower abdominal exercises.

The key thing here is to incorporate a healthy diet and sustainable exercise routine.

And no, contrary to what you think, I'm not stick thin. Three years ago, I was at my heaviest weight - 101kg (was pregnant then), and now I'm at 75kg. Not yet at my target weight which is 65kg but I'm getting there.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
bukatyne:
'Salad' with Olive oil and lemon dressing

Yummy!

I like this. smiley

@Ladygogo: smaller portion sizes is good. smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
babyboom:

Whoa, am impressed.
Please tell us what and what u ate.
did u cut out fruits too - like pineapple, banana.
I am motivated too

Thanks. smiley

Long story, but like I mentioned a lot of weight dropped was from me cutting out a lot of unhealthy, processed goods and making healthy alternatives.

Nope, I still take my fruits and nuts including Avocados and unsalted cashew nuts.

I also exercise a lot too.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 12:10am On Apr 17, 2015
Today's meals

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 1:10am On Apr 17, 2015
^^ That prosciutto slalad looks yummy! will try it.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:08am On Apr 17, 2015
Kimoni:
Today's meals

lovely smiley

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
Breakfast - too much cheese, I thought of this thread and I had to leave a lot out.
Pls hail me ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.