Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (266928 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
Chillisauce:
native soup.

Since no plenty green vegetables in it I decided to use my cauliflower and puree as swallow.

Ate lots of biscuit today . grin But I have done 100 push ups so I have paid the price.

That soup looks so good. How did you make the liquid, pls?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 19, 2015
Incline:
That soup looks so good. How did you make the liquid, pls?
[author=robosky02 post=33730416]
How To Make River State Native Soup

Below are the ingredients for making the popular native soup in River state Nigeria,
the ingredients would serve about 6×2 people, you can increase or decrease the quantity of each ingredient depending on the number people would be eating your food.

You can make this soup as simple as possible, if you can’t find the ngolo and prowns where you live, you can leave them out. I can’t find the english name for Ngolo, is it clams?

1KG of meat
10 pieces of stock fish ear (nti okporoko)
2 cups of sliced uziza leaves
2 medium size dry fish
Cocoa yam as thickener (see image)
15-20cl of palm oil
2-3 cubes of maggi or knorr
1-2 cups of periwinkles
1-2 cups of ngolo
1 cup of ground crayfish
Salt and pepper to taste.
two handful of fresh prowns
2 spoons of ofor (alternative thickener)

How to Prepare Nigerian Native soup
You might wanna start by parboiling the shrimps, wash and parboil with a small pot, add half cup of water, a cube of maggi and a pinch of salt, allow to boil for up to 5 minutes, remove the head and set aside in a clean plate.

STEP 1
I like to start by parboiling the meat with all the necessary ingredients, most cooks forget that parboiling the meat and obtaining the stock (water left after parboiling) is an important part of Nigerian cooking process.

I like to parboil the meat with just 2 cubes of maggi, 1 bulb of onions, salt and maybe a sachet of onga classic (a very popular Nigerian spice for soup). My choice of meat is hard to cook, takes about 50-60 minutes before you commence with the rest of the cooking.

Step 2
Use this time to prepare the other ingredients; wash and slice the uziza leaves.

Soak the stock fish and dry fish with boiled water and wash thoroughly to remove sand and center bone. Grind the crayfish and fresh pepper also, you can grind together or grind separately.

Step 3
Add the washed dry fish/stock fish in the boiling meat on fire, after about 30-50 minutes of cooking just the meat. Once they are soft and the water is almost dried (about 1 cup left) add about 5-7 cups of water, palm oil and the ground crayfish. This step was visually demonstrated in the video below, so if you like watching better than reading you can scroll down to see the video.

Allow the soup to cook for another ten minutes before adding salt to taste, a cube of maggi. Maggi is a natural food sweetener, used in making almost all the {foods eaten in Nigeria} you can refer to our ingredients catalogue for an in-depth understanding of all the ingredients used in making Nigerian foods.

Step 4
Add the washed/cleaned ngolo, stir, add the cocoayam, allow to dissolve in 8-10 minutes, if it is still very watery you can add a spoon of ofor, cook for three minutes before adding the periwinkles, prown and sliced uziza leaves which is likely the last ingredient while making River state native soup.

Allow to simmer for another five minutes and you just made Nigerian’s most popular native soup.

[/quote]

I only substituted the amount of Palm oil with tomato puree. Enjoy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 19, 2015
Kimoni:

Oh my days, this fish is calling me cheesy cheesy

Chilli, this your plate ehnn, nobody can steal it o

Anywhere I see the plate, i know it's yours grin

My plate shey . Dont worry you will stop seeing it. Plenty don break sef.

This thread is almost 2months. I can tell you I'm 100% vegetarian .the one who eats meat of cos cool

My pic journey is almost over.
I go dey background now .
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by robosky02(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2015
Chillisauce:

I only substituted the amount of Palm oil with tomato puree. Enjoy

OK it taste soo good

you will want to do it again.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 5:04pm On May 19, 2015
Chillisauce:

cheesy grin.

Coco, if you wanna enjoy it real good. Eat with pepper suya or grilled fish.

See this my kurukere grilled fish with plenty pepper. I dint know when I finished two glasses Veg and fruit smoothie.
ok smiley

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 7:13pm On May 19, 2015
Detox smoothie

Kiwi
Strawberry
Banana
Blackberries

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Jummymine(f): 9:46pm On May 19, 2015
hello everyone! I am a silent follower of this thread. Please is it ok to drink skimmed milk while watching weight?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 5:44am On May 20, 2015
https://www.yahoo.com/health/michelle-obama-stars-in-her-own-workout-video-for-119411388062.html

i wonder if hefty pounded yam and egusi with oxtail go let naija sistah do this one.
Good job Michelle grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:21am On May 20, 2015
Chillisauce:

My pic journey is almost over.
I go dey background now .

Trust you are joking Chilli
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:00am On May 20, 2015
Half a week's worth of fruit & veg shopping. Frozen vegs excluded...

~ strawberries
~ lettuce
~ cucumber
~ apples
~ bananas
~ golden melon
~ pineapple
~ oranges
~ avocados
~ pears
~ cress
~ mangoes
~ red, yellow, and green bell peppers
~ satsumas
~ green and purple grapes
~ peaches
~ plums
~ cherry tomatoes
~ limes (dunno what I'm gonna do with those embarassed lipsrsealed. Edwife. Chillisauce. Cococandy. Babe3. Kimoni. Smartmom. Damiso. Anyone else...ladies help! ) cheesy

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by queen47: 11:51am On May 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I love your determination but pls, pls, pls, don't overstretch yourself. I only just recently started doing the 2hr thing. About a month ago. Bear in mind that I've been gradually building up to this since January this year...so go easy so your body gradually adjusts and you don't injure yourself.

Suggestions from experienced trainers is that when running, you try and combine it with short sprints for about a minute or so. Have short run days too. Then on weekends or when you're free with no pressure from school / work, you can increase your milage but by no more than 10%. So if you've been jogging consistently for 1hr, when your body's ready for the increase, then go for 1hr 6mins. So this way, you're gradually easing your body into the new changes. smiley smiley

Thanks Efe. I did the hot water thing yesterday and it worked wonders.
Couldnt even run yesterday because of the pain. Managed to get to 35minutes. Was practically limping. So i came back and did the massage with hot water and by evening, the pain was almost totally gone. This morning i started skipping and skipped 1150 times and i didnt feel that much pain. I think i will be doing the hot water thing after running everyday till the i completely stop feeling pains

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 1:58pm On May 20, 2015
You mean business o cheesy
EfemenaXY:

~ strawberries
~ lettuce
~ cucumber
~ apples
~ bananas
~ golden melon
~ pineapple
~ oranges
~ avocados
~ pears
~ cress
~ mangoes
~ satsumas
~ peaches
~ plums
~ cherry tomatoes
~ limes (dunno what I'm gonna do with those embarassed lipsrsealed. Edwife. Chillisauce. Cococandy. Babe3. Kimoni. Smartmom. Damiso. Anyone else...ladies help! ) cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by smartmom(f): 2:13pm On May 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

~ strawberries
~ lettuce
~ cucumber
~ apples
~ bananas
~ golden melon
~ pineapple
~ oranges
~ avocados
~ pears
~ cress
~ mangoes
~ satsumas
~ peaches
~ plums
~ cherry tomatoes

Lime I squeeze into my early morning drinking water. It is also great in seasoning your grilled fish. Efe you challenge moi o. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 20, 2015
Kimoni:

Trust you are joking Chilli

Why do you think so cheesy

At efemenaxy,,talk about fruits and vegetables. I stop always to.pick.up one thing or another in legume shops. I cant resist seeing the colors. Some end up getting bad. I think I'm getting obsessed . Our fridge is filled with my stuff embarassed
but I had a breakthrough recently. I'm still celebrating. My princess ate a quarter of an apple yesterday. I'm so happy. cool

And I made the boli sauce. Very yummy. Used bleached palm oil for it. thanks.

Kimoni, are you still on shiken and ships? Join the healthy boat oh

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 20, 2015
armyofone:
https://www.yahoo.com/health/michelle-obama-stars-in-her-own-workout-video-for-119411388062.html

i wonder if hefty pounded yam and egusi with oxtail go let naija sistah do this one.

Good job Michelle grin

Are you indirect calling babyosisi grin

Babyosisi come and see what armyofone said.! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 20, 2015
Jummymine:
hello everyone! I am a silent follower of this thread. Please is it ok to drink skimmed milk while watching weight?

Just take it average. It's actually little difference between skimmed and normal milk.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:55pm On May 20, 2015
Chillisauce:

At efemenaxy,,talk about fruits and vegetables. I stop always to.pick.up one thing or another in legume shops. I cant resist seeing the colors. Some end up getting bad. I think I'm getting obsessed . Our fridge is filled with my stuff embarassed
but I had a breakthrough recently. I'm still celebrating. My princess ate a quarter of an apple yesterday. I'm so happy. cool

Lol! Congratulations on the breakthrough! It's good. Do you know we're getting used to not having processed snacks? I.e: crisps, chocolates, cakes, high salt and high sugar content foods at home anymore? It's not been easy but my kids are getting used to snacking on fruits. The temptation to pick them up when shopping is getting less and less. But I still miss my butter popcorn though (sigh).

Friday evenings are especially hard (for me) because it was routine to buy fish / chicken 'n chips for the entire family cheesy

Anyway, I'm so obsessed with that bolé and stir fry, I make every evening now. Did you notice the amount of bell peppers in my fruit pics? And that excludes the ones stored in my deep freezer oh! grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 5:59pm On May 20, 2015
smartmom:

Lime I squeeze into my early morning drinking water. It is also great in seasoning your grilled fish. Efe you challenge moi o. shocked

Ah yes! For grilled fish. Thanks smiley

As per adding it to your drinking water, do you squeeze an entire lime fruit into your glass of water? undecided
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 6:04pm On May 20, 2015
queen47:

Thanks Efe. I did the hot water thing yesterday and it worked wonders.
Couldnt even run yesterday because of the pain. Managed to get to 35minutes. Was practically limping. So i came back and did the massage with hot water and by evening, the pain was almost totally gone. This morning i started skipping and skipped 1150 times and i didnt feel that much pain. I think i will be doing the hot water thing after running everyday till the i completely stop feeling pains

Glad my suggestions helped smiley

Going forward, amma try out this skipping of a thing. I need a change in exercise routine. I feel like I've been stuck on 72kg for ages. I need to drop at least 7kg. The thing nor gree shift. angry angry
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cycline404(m): 7:16pm On May 20, 2015
Food is almost ready!

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by queen47: 7:32pm On May 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Glad my suggestions helped smiley

Going forward, amma try out this skipping of a thing. I need a change in exercise routine. I feel like I've been stuck on 72kg for ages. I need to drop at least 7kg. The thing nor gree shift. angry angry

Lol. Go on and give it a try. That's basically my major form of exercise. whenever i feel a bit heavy, i just pick up my skipping rope...lol

This period is actually my first time of trying out running, but, i just thought i should combine the two. Anyvday that i am home, i will skip in the morning and go for a run before 12 noon.

Interestingly, our target is same, i am also aiming at loosing 7kg, wanna hit between 55-57.

Lets go there, lets see who will be the first to drop the 7kg...hahahahaha
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 8:41pm On May 20, 2015
Chillisauce:

Chilli, make I no lie ehnn, I still eat it wella, na my everyday lunch be that sad

I honestly tried taking something healthier last week, branched into Subway to have a healthy lunch but unfortunately, after my "healthy lunch", my legs refused to leave the place, i just sat down with the soft drinks and began taking cup after cup grin

At that point I had to reconsider and went back to shicken and ships

Abi na wetin man pikin go do now? Man must wack ke
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by smartmom(f): 8:44pm On May 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Ah yes! For grilled fish. Thanks smiley

As per adding it to your drinking water, do you squeeze an entire lime fruit into your glass of water? undecided

Nah, just a squeeze is sufficient tent to get the tangy thirst quenching effect. And you can use a bit to make your own salad dressing too.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by NaijainJP(m): 10:12pm On May 20, 2015
How about a Samurai Curry Sauce served with turmeric rice?

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 1:54am On May 21, 2015
Lunch from last week and dinner.

Blended Oats and almost oil free okro.

Veggies,sauteed mushrooms,eggs and grilled chicken breast.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 2:33am On May 21, 2015
grin i was in the office when i read what you wrote and bursted out lol. Michelle is something to be honest.
Chillisauce:

Are you indirect calling babyosisi grin

Babyosisi come and see what armyofone said.! tongue

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by veave(f): 10:55am On May 21, 2015
did you people say I should start eating and drinking all these things shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My oven? for cake, chicken and fish only...
My blender? for tomatoes and beans only
how can someone fry eggs without oil bikonu...

all these green green things am seeing. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I will come back when I have courage.
BTW, how fast will my stomach get flat with these diets...
please can I get a 3day plan?
Anything above 3 days, I loose focus...
Thanks...

herzumpther... Awayuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Cococandy... how about doing photography on long term basis.
Edwife, EfemenaXY, Babyosisi, Ladygogo, Chiisauce et al... Daalu nu...

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Congratulations on the breakthrough! It's good. Do you know we're getting used to not having processed snacks? I.e: crisps, chocolates, cakes, high salt and high sugar content foods at home anymore? It's not been easy but my kids are getting used to snacking on fruits. The temptation to pick them up when shopping is getting less and less. But I still miss my butter popcorn though (sigh).

Friday evenings are especially hard (for me) because it was routine to buy fish / chicken 'n chips for the entire family cheesy

Anyway, I'm so obsessed with that bolé and stir fry, I make every evening now. Did you notice the amount of bell peppers in my fruit pics? And that excludes the ones stored in my deep freezer oh! grin

The mushrooms added another flavor to it . Very yummy. Hubby who doesn't like legumes finished the sauce with his patato balls.

Will be making it soon.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 21, 2015
Kimoni:

Chilli, make I no lie ehnn, I still eat it wella, na my everyday lunch be that sad

I honestly tried taking something healthier last week, branched into Subway to have a healthy lunch but unfortunately, after my "healthy lunch", my legs refused to leave the place, i just sat down with the soft drinks and began taking cup after cup grin

At that point I had to reconsider and went back to shicken and ships

Abi na wetin man pikin go do now? Man must wack ke

Just try eating the healthy lunch before your chips or soft drinks. With time the unhealthy ones will reduce. It doesn't come one day but you will get there.

Few days ago..everyone had cold in my household except me. Maybe because of the food and exercise. Even my girl was coughing straight into my face but her juju no work. cheesy I had to fortify myself with more juice smoothie
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 21, 2015
armyofone:
grin i was in the office when i read what you wrote and bursted out lol. Michelle is something to be honest.

she is really fit. Hopefully we won't lose hope
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:25pm On May 21, 2015
You mean food photography? grin
Because that is the only one I know how to do.

veave:
did you people say I should start eating and drinking all these things shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My oven? for cake, chicken and fish only...
My blender? for tomatoes and beans only
how can someone fry eggs without oil bikonu...

all these green green things am seeing. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I will come back when I have courage.
BTW, how fast will my stomach get flat with these diets...
please can I get a 3day plan?
Anything above 3 days, I loose focus...
Thanks...

herzumpther... Awayuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Cococandy... how about doing photography on long term basis.
Edwife, EfemenaXY, Babyosisi, Ladygogo, Chiisauce et al... Daalu nu...
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 3:31pm On May 21, 2015
Yoghurt, Blackberry and red apple blend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.