Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Candy Kids Chess Academy: Building A World Of Smart Kids! - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Candy Kids Chess Academy: Building A World Of Smart Kids! (1241 Views)

Lotto World Of Contribution / Forex--get Mbfx.v2;the Best System Of A World Best Fx Trader! / Get a world-class business plan from Nigeria's best business plan writers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Candy Kids Chess Academy: Building A World Of Smart Kids! by CCampbell(m): 10:50pm On Jan 23, 2009
Candy Kids Chess Academy is on a mission to take chess to schools because it directly contributes to academic performance. Our goal is to increase higher level thinking skills, advance math and reading skills and build self-confidence through chess.

Chess is a classic game of strategy, invented more than 1,500 years ago in India. In the centuries since its invention, this noble game has spread to virtually every country in the world. It has also received endorsement by many educators, ranging from Benjamin Franklin to former U.S. Secretary of Education, Terrell Bell and our very own Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka. It's not just about Kings, Knights and Bishops, but rather quadrants and coordinates, thinking strategically and foreseeing consequences. It's about lines and angles, weighing options and making decisions. It’s about critical thinking. All over the world, chess is proving to be the perfect educational tool. The word is out: Chess, methodologically taught, is an incentive system sufficient to accelerate the increase of IQ in children of both sexes at all socio-economic levels.

Instructional sessions will be anchored by the versatile and inimitable Charles Campbell, an empathic and reputed national chess master and arbiter with numerous personal honours. He was in the Team Nigeria contingent to the 2008 World Chess Olympiad in Dresden, Germany where Nigeria placed second in category E and also the victorious COJA 2003 All Africa Games chess team. He is very passionate about the intellectual development of children and will bring to bear over 15 years’ experience with kids. Charles holds a first degree in zoology as well as a master’s degree in ecotoxicology/pollution management.

Telephone: 01-7264463, 0803-723-5106
Re: Candy Kids Chess Academy: Building A World Of Smart Kids! by chessguru(m): 6:16pm On Feb 13, 2009
HEY Charles campbell
        whats up, back from olympiads where i trust you represented NIGERIA well though i did not really follow the games reputed national master yes!! Nigerian Board (?) at chess olympiad but then Didnt you know that there is a CHESSGURU  holding the key to the Niraland official chessthread?? you for still pay small homage. so we can promote this initiative together. though am not involved.
THERE ARE CHESS LOVERS ON THIS SIGHT TOO -mostly f---hes sha but a chess lover is a chess lover anyday and i love them, keep it up MAN
Re: Candy Kids Chess Academy: Building A World Of Smart Kids! by chessguru(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2009
HEY Charles campbell
whats up, back from olympiads where i trust you represented NIGERIA well though i did not really follow the games reputed national master yes!! Nigerian Board (?) at chess olympiad but then Didnt you know that there is a CHESSGURU holding the key to the Niraland official chessthread?? you for still pay small homage. so we can promote this initiative together. though am not involved.
THERE ARE CHESS LOVERS ON THIS SIGHT TOO -mostly f---hes sha but a chess lover is a chess lover anyday and i love them, keep it up MAN

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Site (www.yellohunts.com) Its A Fraud / Event Decor Training In Abuja / Wholesale Huggies (biggest Boxes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.