Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week (5705 Views)

APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster / Who Amongst These APC Candidates Should Replace Audu In The Dec 5 Supp Polls? / Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
A guy said Imolites would vote out Rochas Okorocha in the forthcoming election and here is what Sooroptimist1 replied him

Sooroptimist1:

Please vote him out of power so that when your allocation gets slashed and the opposition government you install tax you all to death in order to run the state, you wont say you were not told

Most of you are just so full of hate that you wont mind to cut your nose to spite your face

If you dont know, there is an inherent advantage in aligning with a friendly ruling government at the centre

GEJ tactically reduce the allocation to most opposition states citing crude oil theft and reduced oil price while giving leverage to PDP states through the ecological funds to shore up their dwindled allocation in order to make workers and citizens in the opposition states to cry and blame their Governors for owing them many months salary

While Osun workers wailed and whined about Aregbesola owing few months salary, did you hear Ekiti workers make so much noise? That is the advantage of being with the ruling party... a style started by OBJ which Jonathan has also perfected....which is to stifle opposition states of their funds in order to turn opinion poll against them while feeding well its own controlled states

So Imolites should vote out Rochas so that when the new Governor start feeling the cash crunch and seeks to transfer the pain on you the masses,you will perfectly understand the import of your sill.y decisions

Instead of you to be happy that Imo will enjoy more attention and patronage from the APC FG,you want to cut your head due to Okorocha's headache

Kontinu

Am fairly certain Ngige would have been the next senate president had he not been voted out simply because he was in APC. Please this is the time for our South East brothers to cut their loses by supporting APC candidtes in their respective states.

Cc: seun lalasticlala obinoscopy

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
I do hope barcanista and babyosisi would read, see reason with and support this idea of supporting APC candidates in the East especially Rochas, so that he can have a shot at the presidency in 2023.

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
Trashy post, even as the op didn't credit the original writer!

If Rochas is deemed not to have performed credibly, and another who is better able to deliver for Imo comes around, Rochas is history!

You can keep you allocation, our people say, "We didn't grow teeth because of another man's yam!"

An Igboland absent APC will give us time and room from introspection; I say VOTE OUT ROCHAS!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
PointB:
Trash post, even as the op didn't credit the original writer!

If Rochas is deemed not to have performed credible, and another who is better able to deliver for Imo come around, Rochas is history!

Our people say, "We didn't grow teeth because another man's yam!"

Give me the names of two best performing governors in the East. As for the bolded, you probably have aphasia.

8 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
Imolites Will Decide..

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
Martins301:

Give me the names of two best performing governors in the East.

And what crap would you do with it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Descartes: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
No amount of media hype can return Alhaji Okorocha to Douglas House. The Landlords(Imolites) are ready to evict him for debauchery and nonperformance.

20 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
PointB:

And what crap would you do with it?

If you won't stop being bitter then I leave you to yourself. Wisdom is better than might.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by ozoigbondu: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
lf imolites feel rochas is a conman he should be kicked out shikena no amount of threat from the change crew can stop them from doing what they want

lf buhari likes let him cut down allocations we are not a civil servant society rather we are business orientated..........l trust willie to push up our IGR

9 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Viewing this topic: IDOHOU, Raiders, AgentOfAllah , Taeewo(m), barcanista (m), StunningCEO, Descartes, olamieseun, Martins301(m), spyder880(m), OkuDiOver1(f), ozoigbondu and 5 guest(s)
Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Martins301:

If you won't stop being bitter then I leave you to yourself. Wisdom is better than might.

It's idiotic to think that dissatisfied Imolite voting out Rochas do so due to bitterness. But then some of you clowns are so deep in your myopic propaganda that you forget that all politics is local!

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by OkuDiOver1(f): 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Descartes:
No amont of media hype can returned Alhaji Okorocha to Douglas House. The Landlords(Imolites) are ready to evict him for nonperformance.
take it or leave it Okorocha is coming back to douglas House.

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
If Rochas is booted out, I am sure he can contest with Amaechi for the position of Chief errand boy in Buhari's cabinet! Buhari probably need him more than Imo do.

His welfarist policies has left Imo State short on developmental strides!

13 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
Politics is local, Imo will decide!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Raiders: 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Imolites should not make the mistake of voting Rochas out. I personally think he is the best governor in Imo state since 1999. Also I see Rochas as a rising star in the East and might end up becoming the first Igbo President. Rochas is love in the north for standing with Buhari even against the wish of his people. Also Rochas is very fluent in Hausa because he was born and grew up in the north. Rochas is the only Igbo man that I think can win election in the north if the presidency is zone to the Igbos by the 2 major parties.
I really hope the people of Imo should vote for Rochas due to his performance as a governor and the potential of him being a national Igbo leader that would protect the cause of the Igbos in the new federal government

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
take it or leave it Okorocha is coming back to douglas House.

If he gets enough votes, why not? But no one is going to vote him on some petty talks like keeping a SE state in APC! Let him face the people, and let them decide his fate according to the measure of promises he made and what he delivered!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by pazienza(m): 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Imolites must save Igboland, vote out Rochas. This must be done.

It's important that Rochas lose, It's strategic.

12 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by AgentOfAllah: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Martins301:
A guy said Imolites would vote out Rochas Okorocha in the forthcoming election and here is what Sooroptimist1 replied him

Am fairly certain Ngige would have been the next senate president had he not been voted out simply because he was in APC. Please this is the time for our South East brothers to cut their loses support APC candidtes in their respective states.

Those of you telling Igbos to vote for APC because it is at the centre are beginning to sound eerily like PDP. Since you are suffering from selective amnesia, allow me to remind you why the APC became a formidable opposition:
Tinubu and Lagosians refused to sacrifice their political convictions on the alter of central validations and approvals. Learn a thing or two from that.

Nigeria still needs PDP, now, more than ever. Nigeria needs a strong opposition to put the APCs on their toes and if that opposition comes from the Ibo block, so be it! I personally cannot wait for a culturally Ibo but truly pan Nigerian lady or gentleman to become Nigeria's president. Ibos must protect their political convictions against this onslaught from short-sighted strategists. APGA could have been a formidable block, but sold out to the PDP and has been usurped accordingly. Now, the spirit of APGA can still survive in the PDP. But keep your political relevance intact and follow your hearts

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Raiders:
Imolites should not make the mistake of voting Rochas out. I personally think he is the best governor in Imo state since 1999. Also I see Rochas as a rising star in the East and might end up becoming the first Igbo President. Rochas is love in the north for standing with Buhari even against the wish of his people. Also Rochas is very fluent in Hausa because he was born and grew up in the north. Rochas is the only Igbo man that I think can win election in the north if the presidency is zone to the Igbos by the 2 major parties.
I really hope the people of Imo should vote for Rochas due to his performance as a governor and the potential of him being a national Igbo leader that would protect the cause of the Igbos in the new federal government

How does voting him out prevent him from being President?

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Raiders: 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
PointB:

How does voting him out prevent him from being President?
he will become politically irrelevant in the Nigeria politics. A state governor in Nigeria is very influential in Nigeria politics than a minister. If he loses this election it will damage his political carreer.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
pazienza:
Imolites must save Igboland, vote out Rochas. This must be done.

It's important that Rochas lose, It's strategic.

I agree, and hope that Imolite see the need to do that!

An APC free Igboland would enable us to strategise and act without let or hindrance!

Buhari needs Rochas more than Imolites need him; Imo should free Rochas, let him go with the winds!

10 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Raiders:
he will become politically irrelevant in the Nigeria politics. A state governor in Nigeria is very influential in Nigeria politics than a minister. If he loses this election it will damage his political carreer.

Same way Buhari was politically irrelevant, right? Some of are just sentimental!

11 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Raiders: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
PointB:

Same way Buhari was politically irrelevant, right? Some of are just sentimental!
please don't compare Buhari and Rochas because they are 2 different individuals. Buhari has died hard followers in the north that are ready to die for him. Rochas is still a rising star in Nigeria politics.

7 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Raiders:
please don't compare Buhari and Rochas because they are 2 different individuals. Buhari has died hard followers in the north that are ready to die for him. Rochas is still a rising star in Nigeria politics.

He had four years to convince Imolites of his worth;

He must be weighed, examined, and for his mediocre performance booted out! We need developmental politician, not a rising politician!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by kenny987(f): 5:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
I do not think the Igbos will or should sell their consciences/votes on the basis of political party affiliations. Even if all SE governors aren't APC members, it's fine. Maybe it'll make d Igbo leaders look inwards, join forces and develop the SE region across board such that it becomes the envy of other regions.

A little off tangent though, I know the 13% derivation accorded oil bearing/producing states has been a pain in d neck of d North. Now they are in power I hope it's not their plan to cut that off cos it will note bode well for d economy. That said, God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by pazienza(m): 5:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
PointB:

I agree, and hope that Imolite see the need to do that!

An APC free Igboland would enable us to strategise and act without let or hindrance!

Buhari needs Rochas more than Imolites need him; Imo should free Rochas, let him go with the winds!

True! We need some moment to assess things and 're strategize, an APC free Igboland is very crucial at this moment.

I hope Imolites come out to vote, many are psychologically down this moment, if they don't come out to vote, it makes Rochas victory easy.

Buhari, I am sure would reward Mallam Rochas with a ministerial post.

Anambra has done their part by voting out Ngige, imo must do their part.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by PointB: 5:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
pazienza:

True! We need some moment to assess things and 're strategize, an APC free Igboland is very crucial at this moment.

I hope Imolites come out to vote, many are psychologically down this moment, if they don't come out to vote, it makes Rochas victory easy.

Buhari, I am sure would reward Mallam Rochas with a ministerial post.

Anambra has done their part by voting out Ngige, imo must do their part.

@bolded
Or let him leak his fingers! cheesy

I sincerely agree voting out Rochas is the right course of action; we should make it happen.

6 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
You are commanding Ndi Igbo to vote Rochas?I see you as juvenile for you to use the word MUST, back to the I personally like Rochas,If Ndi Imo feels that he has performed they would re-elect him, if not then he should go
Martins301:

Am fairly certain Ngige would have been the next senate president had he not been voted out simply because he was in APC. Please this is the time for our South East brothers to cut their loses by supporting APC candidtes in their respective states.

Concerning opposition to the central govt, nobody with hold what is accruable to you cos you are in opposition, the case of osun is that they borrowed excessively and the central govt had to deduct their allocation.

9 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by pazienza(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Btw, this radio Biafra peeps seem to be the rave of the moment in Igboland now, many are easily swayed by the arguments put forward in that radio station, their popularity is on the rise. It keeps me wondering what the future holds.
Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Calculia: 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
Igbos will be the last people to vote APC IN THE SOUTH EAST.

We will be sticking with PDP ahead of 2019, if Buhari serve out GEJ tenure. The only other alternative is APGA.

Igbo President or Biafra wil be actualised by 2019.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week by Raiders: 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
PointB:
If Rochas is booted out, I am sure he can contest with Amaechi for the position of Chief errand boy in Buhari's cabinet! Buhari probably need him more than Imo do.

His welfarist policies has left Imo State short on developmental strides!
you have hatred for Rochas because of him supporting Buhari. If Rochas was still in APGA you would have been one of the individuals campaigning for him. In terms of performance, Rochas is one of the best Igbo governor in this present Republic. He has done a lot for Imo state than the previous PDP governors. I have been to Owerri during Ohakim tenure and I can see the difference between his government and the previous government. Besides that Emeka Ihiedioha is no different from Ohakim and Rochas is far better than him. Apart from the Enugu Gov Chime, PDP governors has failed the Igbos.
Its an insult to call Ameachi an errand boy. Ameachi is the best governor in Rivers state and he is love by Rivers people. You are just sentimental because Ameachi and Rochas supported APC without considering their leadership style and performance in their respective states

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Appreciating Ugwuanyi’s Unique Governance Footing At Christmas / Finest Building Currently In Abuja Is The Ministry For Women Affairs / I Was At Lekki Shooting, I Didn’t See Any Dead Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.