Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,736 members, 7,813,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Please I Need Help In My Studying - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Help In My Studying (926 Views)

10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 4:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
I am a student of a state university I am in my
third year now.
My first and second year grade were very low not
that I don't study but I always seem to forget
what I studied during exams.
When my first year result was out it was far
below my expectations because I really took my
time studying so as to make good grade but it
was not so
I prayed about this.
Again in my second year same thing happened I
don't know if its the way I study
I even get mocked by my friends whu don't even
study as much as I do. I actually get depressed
and sometime think of committing SUICIDE.
Sometimes I will leave my place of residence for
the library for almost 6-8 hrs just for good grade
but it will turnout the opposite.
I am in my third year and with exams fast
approaching I will not like what has happened in
the past happen again
Please I will like u to suggest ways IN WHICH I
can read as well as retain as well as recall during
exam
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by fromnigeria(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
1. To retain what you read my friend, read until you have understood and become use to the topic you read. To achieve this, you don't read for exam, read for life, such that when i ask you a question on that topic next five years, you can atleast say something about it.
2. Moreso, when you taking exams, understand your lecturers style, how he/she expects you to present your answers. Some prefer 'give me what and how i gave it to you etc, ensure you understand his style.
3. dont give up (never you think of suicide), what you facing is not worth your life.
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by royalads: 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Try not to study with tension.....
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by unofficial(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
I was once where you are now. Its terrible, I tell you; you leave the hostel to read and when you come back 8hours later, everyone shouts IWE!!! only for results to be pasted and you've been bombed!!!

One thing I discovered and changed about myself then was the way I read. In your subconscious mind, you know that the only reason you read is because you want to pass, and that won't get you far. You have to learn to read to KNOW.

Its practically impossible to know something and then forget it because you're in the exam hall. Can you forget your name? The only reason you forget is because you crammed it,,,and obviously, you are not a good crammer, you can't calm yourself down; the brain doesn't process crammed information in a tensed environment. BUT if you are somehow convinced that you forget even things you know well, you shouldn't rule out the possibility of the Village Peeps grin (No Joke)

And lastly, Its not in the amount of hours you put in, iv come to realize, its how much you get from it......

Say NO to SUICIDE!!!
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by Oye50(m): 12:29am On Apr 03, 2015
Your story is very touching to me and I like to contribute the little way I can.
First, read in bit: what I mean here is don't study only when it's exam time. It's not about the time u spend in reading orthe bulk of pages u manage to cover per time but how many things u were able to clearly understand. So I'll say create a daily reading habit whereby u would devote like 1 hour daily to read what u were taught for that day.
Also don't make the mistake of not going back to that thing u read yesterday. Read re-read and read again until u can practically say all that page is talking about.
I don't ever believe anyone is born dull, it's about the way we train our brain and the training is as a result of usage
Don't read cos your friends and reading, infact, don't get intimidated by it, not even at all. Read at your own pace and at your time. When u do that, then intensify your reading towards test and exam period you'll find out the all you need do now is revision
Now the exam proper; u must not leave prayers outta it, don't get too confident and don't get nervous. If u can, sleep well prior to the exam day, it really helps.
I really did not dwell on what to read, I just talked about how to read. Points like using past questions, talking with your senior colleagues and observing the lecturer carefully should also be taking seriously.
I'm sure you smile come this end of your semester.
Please your life is not worth taking cos of a man's assessment, you are bigger than any lecturer assessment
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2015
I actually do explore the internet more than any other person
Sometimes after writing an exam I will expect to score a distinction but I would be very disappointed wen the result comes out.
Pls I need serious help!!!!!
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by CrazyMan(m): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2015
The problem with most students is that they study under pressure.

Follow your lecturers material, make sure you don't miss any class. If you have any questions ask the lecturer I'm sure he would explain much better to your understand.

Also you can form a study group amongst willing members of your department. You study together, solve difficult problems together, and you can even set quiz for yourselves. With that kind of competition between you and your colleagues, I believe your reading and understanding skills would awaken.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by lakesguy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
read again and again and again.... get your brain busy.. God help u..
Re: Please I Need Help In My Studying by chika4realike: 8:44am On Apr 06, 2015
chika4realike:
I am a student of a state university I am in my
third year now.
My first and second year grade were very low not
that I don't study but I always seem to forget
what I studied during exams.
When my first year result was out it was far
below my expectations because I really took my
time studying so as to make good grade but it
was not so
I prayed about this.
Again in my second year same thing happened I
don't know if its the way I study
I even get mocked by my friends whu don't even
study as much as I do. I actually get depressed
and sometime think of committing SUICIDE.
Sometimes I will leave my place of residence for
the library for almost 6-8 hrs just for good grade
but it will turnout the opposite.
I am in my third year and with exams fast
approaching I will not like what has happened in
the past happen again
Please I will like u to suggest ways IN WHICH I
can read as well as retain as well as recall during
exam

(1) (Reply)

MTN Decides To Pay Nigerians Unjustly / See The Working Conditions Given By This Private Primary School / Latest 10th 12th Pass Govt Jobs 2018 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.