Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections (1089 Views)

Had Jonathan Won Naira Would Be 1000 Naira To A Dollar -- President Buhari / Opinion: Goodluck Jonathan Must Return To Presidency / Opinion: Goodluck Jonathan Is The 'Mandela' Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by dablazor: 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari won in the North and in the Southwest, losing in all states in the Southeast, and South-south, this makes him nothing more than a regional leader, atleast President Jonathan won some states in Buhari's North and Southwest (winning atleast 3 states in the southwest and north, and still garnering over 4-6 million votes in those two regions).
Drawing from these; I think the Nigerian electoral act (or whatever you guys call it) should be amended, the popular votes system shouldn't win elections, since a region(North) is like two times more populated than the entire south combined (I'm basing my judgement on the election numbers), I believe before one can be president of Nigeria (a country of atleast 3 different countries forced to be one) , he should be accepted in all regions having atleast 25% votes in each of the six geopolitical zones (NE, NW, NC, SE, SW, SS) in Nigeria, ((when both contenders satisfy both criteria, then popular votes can come into consideration, the 25% vote strength in 23/24 states system is pure bullocks since the North has atleast 15 states)) making him a National rather than a Regional choice, in my opinion, Goodluck Jonathan won the election, not Buhari as he is more accepted in all six geopolitical regions.
My other observation; I read somewhere Nigeria has one of the highest number of youths in the world. That same article claimed at least 62% of Nigeria's population is below the age of 40.
And I can't help but wonder how its people prefer a 72 year old man serving as president of a rather youthful country in a 21st century. Do Nigerian youths feel rather inferior and intimidated by their rather older generations?
do they consider themselves incapable?
What are Nigerians celebrating in a 72 year old grandpa? Just like Chris Rock once said about a 71year old John Mccain when he was criticising his US presidential ambition, he said; “how you gonna make plans for the future when you ain't gonna be in it?”
Personally, I think Nigeria can do better than President Jonathan, but left for me, I'd still stick with a 50 year old Jonathan to a Septuagenarian.

The only good thing I see in this election is the igniting factor, incumbent governments can now be voted out.
Truth be told, Nigeria needs a change, but they can do better than a 72 year old.
Thanks.

PS: I know little about Nigeria so do not attack me as I never actually grew up here, if some of my facts are invalid/flawed, you could counter it in a rather mature manner.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by midolian(m): 5:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
Use your opinion swear am in for may 29 na...mtchew
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by jaybee3(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
dablazor:

PS: I know little about Nigeria so please do not attack me as I never actually grew up here, if some of my facts are invalid, you could counter it in a rather mature manner.

Case closed!

Nigeria is a complex country and cannot be used as a case study!

2 Likes

Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by GboyegaD(m): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
Glad you stated it is your opinion. Mind you, stop thinking you are better than an aged person because you are younger.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by espn(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Just shut up with dis base less analysis.. u can say because ur father is old then shove him aside dat he is no more the head of th family..nonsense.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by dablazor: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
You lot sense there is atleast an iota of truth in my observation. You just hate that I say it because the majority votes favoured your preferred candidate..
That's rather selfish and unfair to the minorities.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by Babe2sure(f): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
OP, what are you babbling on about?
Rubbish analysis!
Your opinion is not needed,so save it for yourself.
Comot make I see front, jare.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by dablazor: 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Babe2sure:
OP, what are you babbling on about?
Rubbish analysis!
Your opinion is not needed,so save it for yourself.
Comot make I see front, jare.
Why dyou sound so pained and ultra sensitive?
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by ba7man(m): 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Opinions are like @rseholes. Everyone's got one.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by Babe2sure(f): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2015
dablazor:

Why dyou sound so pained and ultra sensitive?

Don't ask me dumb question.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by dablazor: 11:00am On Apr 03, 2015
Babe2sure:

Don't ask me dumb question.
You are super grumpy, work on your temper, its not lady-like.
Re: In My Opinion, Goodluck Jonathan Won The Presidential Elections by Babe2sure(f): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
dablazor:

You are super grumpy, work on your temper, its not lady-like.

Do you know me, for you to reach that conclusion? Go and work on your warped mind first.

I don't have the intention for us to exchange words. But if you want to get me started, no problem.

(1) (Reply)

N2 Trillion Jonathan Campaign's Fund:A Tale Told To Idiots.. / Nigeria 2015 Budget / Nigerian Army: Summary, Motivation And Tactics Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.