Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? (1157 Views)

Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / Should You Ask Your Boss For Your Salary Or Wait Until He Gives You? / Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by kayfeez(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hi fellow NAIRALANDERS !

I need strong and helpful advice from you guys concerning the steps to take in my current work situation.

I av been working with factory company who are into biscuit production. I started working there since late 2010. I got staffed in less than a year working there. Everything was going well despite the change of management, I still continue giving my best the company.

All most 5ys down d line, the company has not upgraded its salary structures not even better d lives of it workers. The salary am being paid is less than 30k and I need to pay bills and Carter for my needs and also the work is very stressful. Now av lost the will to work there....I don't want to work in the factory anymore.....I want a new experience...

Am 23, a Yabatech Banking and finance part time undergraduate.

Please I need ur advise !
#Thanks
Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by jcflex(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
if you stop now, when you dnt have anoda one yet, how will you continue to finance your education, and you needs.

my advise, make yourself happy on the work, and continue to look out for any available opportunity.

as u said you are nt happy with the job again, it very dangerous, as you are now a potential hazard to yourself and others,

thay why I said, mak yourself happy.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by tyin: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
My advise to you is that you should hold on to your job till you get another place. A bird at hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. Expect if u have a means of sustaining yourself after leaving. Do not be a liability to anybody - nobody wants to befriend one. Always remember that there is no perfect place of work. By staying on this job, u will have a better negotiating power on your next job. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by kayfeez(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
jcflex:
if you stop now, when you dnt have anoda one yet, how will you continue to finance your education, and you needs.

my advise, make yourself happy on the work, and continue to look out for any available opportunity.

as u said you are nt happy with the job again, it very dangerous, as you are now a potential hazard to yourself and others,

thay why I said, mak yourself happy.

thank you sir, am trying to make myself happy there and I still my work diligently.
I just don't feel proud of working there not that have been b4 though. the company is not just impacting me.
Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hold on to your job in the meantime. Your part-time course is a huge step in the right direction; fight for a 1st class degree. If you can afford it, try to accelerate the process of increasing your worth in the workplace by starting a professional qualification... maybe ICAN, CISA or CIBN. THEN resign, if you have not already gotten a new job by then... and if your company does not recognize your new value.

My two cents worth.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by kayfeez(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
tyin:
My advise to you is that you should hold on to your job till you get another place. A bird at hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. Expect if u have a means of sustaining yourself after leaving. Do not be a liability to anybody - nobody wants to befriend one. Always remember that there is no perfect place of work. By staying on this job, u will have a better negotiating power on your next job. Cheers!
tyin:
tyin:

Dear sis,
Thank you very much. I don't want to be a liability to anyone in fact , there is no one I can be to coz I come from a poor background and my siblings av got one responsibility or d other.

MY WORK DESIGNATION IS VERY HAZARDOUS TO THE ENVIRONMENT & MYSELF AND THE COMPANY PAY IS JUST TOO LOW TO BE HAPPY ABOUT.
#Amjustconfused

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by kayfeez(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Abuamam:
Hold on to your job in the meantime. Your part-time course is a huge step in the right direction; fight for a 1st class degree. If you can afford it, try to accelerate the process of increasing your worth in the workplace by starting a professional qualification... maybe ICAN, CISA or CIBN. THEN resign, if you have not already gotten a new job by then... and if your company does not recognize your new value.

My two cents worth.

THANKS A LOT SIR
Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by goodieuzo: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
kayfeez:

THANKS A LOT SIR
My brother your case is just a reflection of how pathetic the country is.your employer knows you need good wage and welfare,but he will not because he knows others are waiting to take the job.what you need now is courage to move on.life is short.patience and Nigerian system are in opposite direction.most times you waste your lifetime while being patience.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by kayfeez(m): 12:03am On Apr 04, 2015
you are right boss.
Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by CrazyMan(m): 6:16am On Apr 04, 2015
Cost of production in Nigeria is so high bro. Someone was telling me last week that most factories spend up to 30% or more of their monthly income on power. No thanks to PHCN or whatever their name is. That's why most factories find it difficult to increase the salaries of their staffs.

You can always look for a much better job, but I wouldn't suggest that you leave your current job unless you've found somewhere else with a much better pay. Its better to have an assured peanuts at the end of every month, than to sit ideal at home with no hope of income.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign Now Or Wait Till I Secure A Need Job ? by kayfeez(m): 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Roger that too

(1) (Reply)

30 Interesting Psychology Facts That Will Really Get You Thinking / Does Incorporating Your Business Make It A Company? / What Side Career Or Business Can Go Alongside Studying Medicine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.