Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,035 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

Somewhere In The Niger - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Somewhere In The Niger (712 Views)

Éléyé: Riders Of The Niger Savannah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somewhere In The Niger by blacko(m): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
Epilogue:This story is an allegory written in fictional context it tells the story of a country in the Niger the beginning of the country,the trials,past event and hardship of the country and what eventually caused the fall of the country. My inspiration is gotten from the happenings in Nigeria as this story correlates with the problems of the Nigerian society it also pfedicts what may eventually happen to the country.
This book is written by Ojo Feranmi aka cromz all rights reserved.
Re: Somewhere In The Niger by blacko(m): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Aborgu republic a country on the south side of the River Niger covering a sqkm of 300,456 and densely populated with a population of.over 40million people it's capital is jagadan..
Aborgu republic which came into existence in 1971 is made up of 4 main tribes and 12 states which are the:
Kubada tribe:compromising of 4 states swala,lugada,agada,kwago over 13million tribes men.
Ikori tribe:compromising of 3 states ilori,ikori,gwabhri over 8million tribesmen.
Sumalu tribe :2 states gwalu and solafu over 8 millipeople.
Agaisi tribe:duasd,abusa,kulame,jagadan,over 11million people.
Aborgu republic is ethically divided the kubada and ikori who are on the south form an alliance,sumalu tribe is at the center they are allies to the northern Agasi tribe while the east is occupied by peasant villages and minor tribes this story tells us about how the Aborgu republic fell and what lead to it's failure.
Re: Somewhere In The Niger by Divepen1(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Bracing up to read story from the boss himself
Re: Somewhere In The Niger by blacko(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2015
Two weeks after the just conducted election in Aborgu Republic a group of youths are seen protesting outside the Gate of the presidential villa. Manu Kwame the active president of Aborgu Republic an indigene of the Agasi tribe was reelected into office for the 3rd time in a massively rigged election Benjamin Kako the leader of the youth Renaissance movement was quoted saying "We the people of Aborgu Republic are tired of the Agasi's Dominating the country they control the military, civil service,and even the economy they must allow other tribes to rule they have been ruling since independence and is not as if they are better than us so let's fight for our freedom!!". The military had to combat the youths as the protest grew more violent now they were trying to breach the gates the soldiers attacked fiercely and suppressed the rebels.
Meanwhile inside the presidential villa some Elders of the Agasi and sumalu tribes were having a meeting the head of the northern elders council Abulu Gukum a bald headed man in his late seventies was concerned about the protest outside the gate he said " We have successfully rigged the elections in favour Manu kwame an indigene of Agasi tribe but the protest is growing more violent we must find a way to stop this".Suddenly a grey headed man considered to be in his late eighties rose up and said "The only way we can stop the protest is by eliminating Benjamin kako the leader of the youth renaissance movement." Abulu gukum replied "But how can we successful eliminate him without a trace any mistake means big trouble for us" then another elder rose up and said "I hear Benjamin kako is an enemy of the Eastern tribes he is going to lead a protest in the central district and jagadan we can successfully eliminate him and blame it on the eastern tribes". Abulu Gukum replied " Yes this is a golden opportunity we will eliminate Benjamin kako send for poison he is our best assailant he will perfectly do the job"
Stay tuned next chapter coming up
Re: Somewhere In The Niger by Divepen1(m): 9:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Hmm.. Benjamin...Na my name be dat.

Boss, try to put the conversation in new paragraphs.
Re: Somewhere In The Niger by cromz(m): 10:16am On Apr 03, 2015
Divepen1:
Hmm.. Benjamin...Na my name be dat.

Boss, try to put the conversation in new paragraphs.
this story is a prose or should it be a drama
Re: Somewhere In The Niger by Divepen1(m): 10:34am On Apr 03, 2015
cromz:
this story is a prose or should it be a drama
What I mean is

' Get me that boy', Benjamin shouted.
' You can't touch me', Yemi shouted at the gaurds who approached him. ' I'm untouchable'.
' That's because you do not know my men', Benjamin replied.
The men rushed to him, raked him, and carried him towards Benjamin who laughed hysterically.

Something like that.
Join us @ Checkmate.. We build ourselves.
https://www.nairaland.com/2134150/writers-checkmate

(1) (Reply)

Tempted-chapter Four / Post your Questions on eBook Formatting, Publishing, And Promotion / Post your Questions on Indie (independent) Publishing and get Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.