Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede (54469 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Charles Okah Escapes From Kuje Prison - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 03, 2015
This is so lame! So very lame!
Wasn't it Something around 1100hr that Orubebe started his Drama?
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Edokpia: 7:16am On Apr 03, 2015
StealthIdeals:
If what you said is true, I wish GEJ bounces back someday as a Nigerian President.
. Which will soon happen but don't ask how.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by rabimlomo: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2015
niceeric:

they'll only intervene if the leader allows it!....the worst they can do is induce a coup so as to enthrone a leader they can relate with before coming in and that won't ever happen to a country wey wise people full like Nigeria
Uh! shocked What happened in Côte d'Ivoire? Did they induce any coup. I am very sure gej took a big cue from Côte d'Ivoire and was one of the reasons he gave up easily.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by hunkydory(m): 7:38am On Apr 03, 2015
bishopjoe02:

my pal. u have no idea the sacrifice GEJ made. Just one phone call to iG or Mbu dat collation process will be disrupted, result sheet wil b stolen. the highest the northern or nigerian can do is to riot. and it wldnt change a thing.
It is a moral victory for Jonathan.If you look at it philosophically he did not lose.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Chris95(m): 7:43am On Apr 03, 2015
So it tuk 4 Jonathan 2 lose Election b4 pple strted realising dat he was a good man...smh
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by drnoel: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2015
ionsman:
Orubebe's drama happened at about twelve or so. You said the president called buhari when the drama was unfolding and you said Gej called Buhari around16:15......
You say the pix was a hoax,but Abdusalami wore the same cloth to meet Buhari and Gej on the 31st.
Insider my Foot.

Next story please.

Get one thing straight. GEJ was not behind that stuff Orubebe did. Orubebe action on his own. The stories would leak out don't worry. I respect that man GEJ.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by slimfancier(f): 7:54am On Apr 03, 2015
story for d gods
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by driand(m): 7:57am On Apr 03, 2015
StealthIdeals:
If what you said is true, I wish GEJ bounces back someday as a Nigerian President.
in the future he'll make a better president
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Dexema(m): 8:02am On Apr 03, 2015
zomoears:

I beg collect one irish cream! U de reason.

After US stationed marines in Ghana, drone base in Niger, carrier patrolling d waters of West Africa and France(US ally) with troops in Cameroon, do u think GEJ would have ordered any funny line of action? GEJ simply knew too much, more than the scumbag Pdp scallywags would ever know.

Though gallant in defeat, his hand was forced to "accept" this reality. He deserves my respect for this.

Bros u too much,not everybody knows what's going on behind the scenes xcept for counting/collation of votes.
Pgej took the best option to avert a “gbagbo“ scene playing out. Much respect to him for preventing nationwide protests,violence and possibly killings.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by iykofias(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2015
Motolank:

It's 7pm
very funny
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by mbulela: 8:08am On Apr 03, 2015
The original post is nothing but baseless fiction.
I salute GEJ for his conduct and ability to accept defeat. However, I refuse to canonize him.
Where was this saintly disposition of his when False was overheating the polity with his vile and crass campaign?
Whrn his wife was turning his enormous goodwill to downright hate with her callous comments,where was saint GEJ?
Let us accord the man the respect and accolade he deserves without forgetting his cluelessness and docility in the face of evil in the past five years.

At the same time, let us wake up from this dream of Buhari being FB a miracle worker. All that can be realistically desired of him is that he manages the usual AGIP guys with tact and wisdom and that governance at the center must never be business as usual. Turning water into wine is not the forte of politicians, so no need asking for such extremes.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by niceeric(m): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2015
rabimlomo:

Uh! shocked What happened in Côte d'Ivoire? Did they induce any coup. I am very sure gej took a big clue from Côte d'Ivoire and was one of the reasons he gave up easily.
On 2 December 2010 , the Independent Electoral Commission
(CEI) released provisional election results naming Ouattara as
the winner, with 54% of the vote. The Constitutional Council
(CC) immediately pronounced the results invalid and instead
named Gbagbo as the victor. He was sworn in as the new
President on 4 December. Violent clashes erupted, as
supporters of both sides, unhappy with the result, rearmed and
remobilised. Despite the rhetoric of reunification, the country
was still essentially split in two, with two armies and two
separate chains of command that became partisan participants
in the crisis.
The international community was quick to recognise Ouattara
as president, but Gbagbo refused to give up power. Mediation
attempts proved unsuccessful and widespread violence
between Gbagbo loyalists and opposition supporters
continued for the next five months. Ouattara’s Republican
Forces of the Ivory Coast (FRCI), supported by French and UN
troops, eventually defeated Gbagbo’s forces in April 2011 and
Gbagbo was captured.

that is an excerpt of the a page and the link is http://www.insightonconflict.org/conflicts/ivory-coast/conflict-profile/

if u read and comprehend well,youll see that Ouattara's forces were SUPPORTED by French and UN forces....it brings up my earlier point that no Nation can lead an incursion into another nation on its own without being sanctioned by d UN....d French forces could only come in on Ouattara's request as he was the elected leader (President-elect) of cote d'ivoire at that time...sovereignty isn't a joking matter I tell you,its a nation's right against bullying

if u still dont get this, just drop it...thanks
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Unclerukus: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2015
Missy89:

You really need me to explain to you what is being done to mugabe's government and the country's economy? Nigeria is not Russia. Your obasanjo's example does not make sense. You cant refer to a situation that never happened

Why do u think a statement was released by the US/UK during the vote count?

He contested, He lost and he has to go. There is nothing heroic about obeying the law. You might as well call me a hero for not over-speeding then.Advise him to stay there for one more and you will know that you country is not so sovereign
you should be more exposed. No country can interfere if jonathan decided to remain there, it would only lead to to extremities, a civil war or a revolution and its against international law for a country to interfere, they can only interfere if any party break international civil laws( war crimes) like using chemical/atomic weapons on your people and prolonged homicide by the military NOT THE PEOPLE. When it happens like that the only foreign military presence you can think of is the U.N peacekeepers and they don't fight,don't shoot too, they only protect and evacuate foreigners out of the country.people would die like sardines while GEJ would be having meeting with world leaders and the U.N BEGGING him to concede defeat and stop the fight. Nigerians should be thankful,if it had been most of these stubborn do or die politicians in his place there's no doubt Nigeria would be in a civil war right now and I tell you, NOBODY in the international scope can interfere, its an internal problem, you should understand the powers and rights of a sovereign state in the international world or else north korean dictatorship families would have been halted long time ago...... Don't pray it happens oo, Your U.S and U.K no go send you at all. Thank God and thank GEJ for being glorious in defeat.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by sam13(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2015
[quote author=Igwe9 post=32283198]This story is quite an emotional one.
In as much as I am a Jonathan sympathiser, I still have my reservations. You could recall that Orubebe's action took place between the hours of 11 am and 12pm.

Nevertheless, it's noble of him to heed to such a good advice for the interest of his country else, don't you think that other leaders that threw their countries into war were advised against it but refused for their selfish reasons.

By the way, GEJ could have kept quiet

Tank u NEXT!
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by 989900: 9:22am On Apr 03, 2015
Learn to appreciate 'little' things, probably good things would come your way.

Stop taking the 'relative peace' you enjoy now for granted.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why people prefer to settle out of court, even when they'r not wrong/guilty?
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by galadima77(m): 9:25am On Apr 03, 2015
ionsman:
Orubebe's drama happened at about twelve or so. You said the president called buhari when the drama was unfolding and you said Gej called Buhari around16:15......
You say the pix was a hoax,but Abdusalami wore the same cloth to meet Buhari and Gej on the 31st.
Insider my Foot.

Next story please.

Buhari himself said pGEJ called him at 17:15 and d OP says 16:15 ......haba op!!!

you may not be lying bit u are certainly not telling d truth!
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by galadima77(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2015
charix:
Lies. I also do not care what really happened that day but I'd forever hold GEJ in high regard for conceding defeat.

this more real than the OP's concoction. i respect my president GEJ for averting crisis.

1 Like

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Caveatemptor(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2015
All these attempts by Mr Jonathan's supporters to canonise him as a saint can never take away the fact that he was a weak,corrupt president and a monumental failure in office which led to the Nigerian electorate to comprehensively reject him at the polls and make him go down in history as the first incumbent president to lose an election in this country.

Mr Jonathan on whose behalf Elder Orubebe was obviously acting never wanted to congratulate General Buhari or conceed defeat but had his hand forced by the international community especially USA and the UK as well as the ECOWAS and AU observers who sternly warned him of the consequences of any attempt to alter the election results.
Finally Mr Jonathan was scared of the fate that befell Laurent Gbagbo and wife.
May this country never be so unfortunate as to be ruled by a president with the evil mindset of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by phemocheee(m): 10:43am On Apr 03, 2015
ionsman:
Insider my Foot.
H
Next story please.

I swear you nailed it. Not just abdulsalami, even Dangote wore the same suit and tie to meet Buhari on the 31st
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by stagger: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2015
It would have taken GEJ nothing to call in soldiers to disrupt the collation and counting at the media centre. Gbagbo did it and plunged his country into a 5-month civil war which France decidedly ended in Ouattara's favour. But he chose the honourable path.

This shows one thing. Left to GEJ, things would have changed in Nigeria long ago. But the hawks around him are the ones who are Nigeria's problems. I was quite disturbed seeing one or two of them going to congratulate Buhari. Buhari needs to identify all remnants of these hawks wherever they are and push them out immediately. A few of them will need to be prosecuted and sent to jail, especially Diezani. If Buhari should prosecute anyone, it should be that woman.

1 Like

Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by AspDrone(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2015
Missy89:

You really need me to explain to you what is being done to mugabe's government and the country's economy? Nigeria is not Russia. Your obasanjo's example does not make sense. You cant refer to a situation that never happened

He contested, He lost and he has to go. There is nothing heroic about obeying the law. You might as well call me a hero for not over-speeding then.Advise him to stay there for one more and you will know that you country is not so sovereign

There is nothing the international community would have done apart from calling us under developed.... Mugabe is still ruling forget thier bad economy .
Some of you think the USA can just interfer anyhow? Na wa o give credits wen due
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by erumena(m): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
bishopjoe02:

my pal. u have no idea the sacrifice GEJ made. Just one phone call to iG or Mbu dat collation process will be disrupted, result sheet wil b stolen. the highest the northern or nigerian can do is to riot. and it wldnt change a thing.

But a lot of people will die! Let me tell you something, what happened that day had d hand of God in it, we should all be giving all the glory to God, not to one man. To me, if Jonathan whom I voted for in 2011 had included God in all his plans and not man, he would've retained the seat today. Jonathan is a good man naturally but allowed himself to be led by men. What he did on Tuesday was divine, it showed all along if he had followed the voice of God and not the men that made up his Party, he would've had the support of the people. Let Jonathan decamp to APC today and you'll see how PDP will turn him into a monster you can only imagine in a horror movie. I voted GMB and I pray he satisfies the masses and not his Party!
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 03, 2015
I see the pain and agony in APC supporters because of the untouchable status GEJ has achieved for himself. Even Buhari self no fit shout but to respect the international man of the year.
GEJ I rep anyday.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2015
erumena:

But a lot of people will die! Let me tell you something, what happened that day had d hand of God in it, we should all be giving all the glory to God, not to one man. To me, if Jonathan whom I voted for in 2011 had included God in all his plans and not man, he would've retained the seat today. Jonathan is a good man naturally but allowed himself to be led by men. What he did on Tuesday was divine, it showed all along if he had followed the voice of God and not the men that made up his Party, he would've had the support of the people. Let Jonathan decamp to APC today and you'll see how PDP will turn him into a monster you can only imagine in a horror movie. I voted GMB and I pray he satisfies the masses and not his Party!

You are right. im only trying to make people see dat GEJ deserve a recommendation
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Nigeria always in the this dream of thinking the western world care about us. Hahahaha. Syria is a perfect example, they fought Asaad for a while, now they are supporting him. Mugabe is a very good African example. And yet, they have the Queen of England, what a hypocrisy. I wish some Nigerians will just wake up.
Good one!!!!!
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by bishopjoe02(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2015
jpphilips:

You sincerely believe clueless Jonathan and Putin is in the same league of international politics?
How some Nigerians delude themselves is pretty amazing,
Pls remind us who has a permanent seat at the UN security council with a veto to decide the fate of other nations.
The problem here is that Jonathan has limited your political scope to petty politics.
What a shame! !

let me help you with another example. have you watch cnn lately. . the West is about signing a deal with Iran over is nuclear program. .
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Guk: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2015
All these attempts to romanticize and paint GEJ in good colours does not hold water at all!

Let the truth be told, GEJ was incompetent; inefficient & took decisions with impunity and mischief (Alams pardon; Koro's nomination) and thats why majority of you and i who voted him in as President in 2011, voted him out in 2015. Period!

A man who abused Buhari in his 1st campaign in Lagos; refused to caution FFK, Fayose's poisonous, toxic, venomous, deadly, lethal, death-dealing adverts and statements & had no control over his wife as she continously spewed hostile, spiteful, venomous, vicious, vindictive, bitter, scathing, abusive, mean, nasty, aggressive, savage and harsh comments upon Buhari.

GEJ heightened tension to the same level that he is now been hailed to have prevented (we saw OPC in action in Lagos....it was authorised mayhem). Pls, Nigerians should stop this arrant nonsense of "Heroism". Its a normal practice for any rational being!
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by dazdilijae(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2015
Missy89:

Please in line with rule of law I hope you all would agree to the law if the courts decides that GMB through the submission of his INEC form is disqualified and would not fight or say it's not ONE NIGERIA o
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by TheAdvocate(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2015
Missy89:

Which law did GEJ obeyed by calling Buhari to congratulate him? And what law did GEJ obeyed by asking PDP (he did dat yesterday thursday) not to file a petition at the tribunal? Its a feat to accept defeat and its a lesson in humility to Buhari himself who had refused to concede defeat.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Missy89:
GEJ PR team trying so hard to snatch a little victory after an overwhelming defeat.

He for stay for Aso rock pass MAY 29 nah.
. Missy featherbrain! Smh.
Re: The Behind The Scene Drama In Aso Rock By Okah Ewah Edede by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Missy89:

and what will be the reaction of the international community?
. She did it again. Christ! Ignorance on rampage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shocker: Buhari Accuses U . S. Of Aiding Boko Haram / Invictus Obi: Nigerians Drag Forbes, Atiku, Others For Promoting Fraudster / Throwback To 1986 'End Police Brutality' Protest In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.