Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever (1457 Views)

See How Igbo People Blasted Rochas Today As He Begs Buhari 2 Release Nnamdi Kanu / Bola Tinubu's New Year Message: "APC Offers Nigeria Its Best Chance" / Nigerian Army Doing Their Best To Finish Boko Haram Video (viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Zico5(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
One of the closest Igbo man to the President Elect is
Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who was defeated in
the Senatorial Election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't
override a pathological hatred for General Buhari to
make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate,
to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase
General Buhari wins, which he did.
Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the
tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the
chance to make history as Senate President.
That's what happens when emotions trips common
sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi
and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests
instead of the masses they pretend to serve.
I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a
huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who
wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also
our chance in the new administration.
I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good
ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being
Senate President.
Igbos are very bad at politics.
Fifty years after independence, we are yet to
produce a president when others have taken multiple
turns. Our answer? Blame others! If you only Hausas
didn't do this or Yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the
god of politics will bless our lot.
And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with
others instead of our 'better than thou' attitude when
dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. We are not
better than anyone, these folks we thumb our noses
at, are God's creatures like us.
We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the
Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for
our livelihood.
Our politics should mirror our economic aspirations,
not the other way around. There is no wisdom in
living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the
Northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of
politics don't like that.
How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from
meaningfully seating at the table, making
contributions to Nigeria's political evolution?
How long can this foolishness go on?
How long?
There is a miserable silence across the land today,
because we are realizing that we were sold off for
pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.
Where are they?
Anyone home?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by ozo13(m): 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin[sup][/sup]
Zico5:
One of the closest Igbo man to the President Elect is
Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who was defeated in
the Senatorial Election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't
override a pathological hatred for General Buhari to
make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate,
to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase
General Buhari wins, which he did.
Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the
tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the
chance to make history as Senate President.
That's what happens when emotions trips common
sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi
and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests
instead of the masses they pretend to serve.
I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a
huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who
wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also
our chance in the new administration.
I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good
ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being
Senate President.
Igbos are very bad at politics.
Fifty years after independence, we are yet to
produce a president when others have taken multiple
turns. Our answer? Blame others! If you only Hausas
didn't do this or Yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the
god of politics will bless our lot.
And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with
others instead of our 'better than thou' attitude when
dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. We are not
better than anyone, these folks we thumb our noses
at, are God's creatures like us.
We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the
Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for
our livelihood.
Our politics should mirror our economic aspirations,
not the other way around. There is no wisdom in
living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the
Northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of
politics don't like that.
How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from
meaningfully seating at the table, making
contributions to Nigeria's political evolution?
How long can this foolishness go on?
How long?
There is a miserable silence across the land today,
because we are realizing that we were sold off for
pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.
Where are they?
Anyone home?
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by owobokiri(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Pray, tell me, what will your senate presidency do for the igbo? How is Oturkpo/Benue doing with Marks senate presidency? For the igbo, it should either be the executive presidency or nothing else. . That's where the igbo should be at the moment. We have had almost 5 senate presidents in the past and with the experience, I can tell you to shove that useless office up your asz. .

5 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Zico5(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
No problem, let's wait and see how the game play out with igbo in the opposition for the first time in history of Nigeria. U ll see how good it is to put all ur eggs in one basket

1 Like

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by ayuse(m): 6:03am On Apr 03, 2015
owobokiri:
Pray, tell me, what will your senate presidency do for the igbo? How is Oturkpo/Benue doing with Marks senate presidency? For the igbo, it should either be the executive presidency or nothing else. . That's where the igbo should be at the moment. We have had almost 5 senate presidents in the past and with the experience, I can tell you to shove that useless office up your asz. .
The problem with pple like u is that u want to get to d 90th floor but u dont want to take d lift u just want to b at d ground floor with ur eyes closed and as u open ur eyes u are there. It wont happen that way. Even jona with all his goodluck needed to climb up d latter. Some of their eastern kinsmen warned their so called leaders not to put all their eggs in one basket but they failed to listen to advice. Very soon rather than restrategise they will begin to cry maginalization.

2 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 03, 2015
Now that we have succeeded in replacing
OGOGORO with FURA in Aso Rock,so shall it be
in Benue State come April 11th.

1 Like

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 03, 2015
When the cry of marginalisation starts, I'll have a beats by dre earpiece on.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Segeggs:
When the cry of marginalisation starts, I'll have a beats by dre earpiece on.
See mumu!!!! Is it by force to vote for a party? Igbos do not want APC learn to deal with that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

See mumu!!!! Is it by force to vote for a party? Igbos do not want APC learn to deal with that
I reiterate, when the cry of marginalisation
starts, I'll have a beats by dre
earpiece on. Learn to ignore me by then.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 03, 2015
Segeggs:
Who the hell do you think you are? So if igbos cry marginalization and you listen to them, what can you do about it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by BrokenTV: 6:37am On Apr 03, 2015
Zico5:
No problem, let's wait and see how the game play out with igbo in the opposition for the first time in history of Nigeria. U ll see how good it is to put all ur eggs in one basket
My friend kindly keep quiet, we are not complaining. It is a decision we took and we stand by it. Why are you people taking panadol for another man headache. You should leave us alone and face your problem.

2 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by arewafederation: 6:37am On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

A stubborn fly follows the corpse to the grave.

You need to have a sober reflection and re orientation or you will forever remain at the bottom.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

Who the hell do you think you are? So if igbos cry marginalization and you listen to them, what can you do about it?
we will like to do nothing.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by CyberWolf: 6:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Is the life of northerners better than Igbos? OP just shove that senate presidency into your anvs angry

3 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by owobokiri(m): 7:06am On Apr 03, 2015
ayuse:
The problem with pple like u is that u want to get to d 90th floor but u dont want to take d lift u just want to b at d ground floor with ur eyes closed and as u open ur eyes u are there. It wont happen that way. Even jona with all his goodluck needed to climb up d latter. Some of their eastern kinsmen warned their so called leaders not to put all their eggs in one basket but they failed to listen to advice. Very soon rather than restrategise they will begin to cry maginalization.

You keep jumping up and down trying to pontificate. What have you won? A vee pee position for one Osinbajo to carry buharis briefcase. What is so sophisticated about a tribal gang up between two ethnicities against a minority president? Did tinubu put his eggs in 50 baskets? Where are all the igbo former presidents? Which one will you ever vote for? You lot just want the peace to enjoy your plunder. . Igbo issues in Nigerias politics are perculiar and can't be solved with a Yoruba medicine. Going forward, PDP is the party for the igbos. The party is broad, has permeated many parts of Nigeria and has a great following across board.. There is no future for the igbo man with your fledging APC.

4 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by meforyou1(m): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2015
We don't hate hausa and yoruba. Just reciprocating their good gesture.
APC is dead on arrival in igboland and okorocha will learn that fact the hard way in Apr 11

3 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Ama80(f): 7:30am On Apr 03, 2015
Segeggs:
it has always bn like dat and we knw who we are,strong,blessed,brilliant and hard working pple.ngige was a gud gov but a bad senator perhaps,u shud learn to man ur boundary.

2 Likes

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by AmucheJane(f): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2015
I can see how somepeople care about ndigbo, interesting. Even if we don't have any position in the government, we will still survive.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Donrissy(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2015
Strategy or not, when a man is destined to be somewhere, then he must get there provided he is running with a vision and is working assiduously towards it. It will only take time. Bro, RELAX.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Zico5(m): 8:21am On Apr 03, 2015
One thing that igbo fail to realize is that without Yoruba and Hausa's influence, they can't amount to anything in Nigeria politics. Get the fact right today. Under normal circumstances, after Buhari's presidency the odd favour igbo to produce president but with the permutation on ground now, it will not be easy unless igbo change their orientation and work together hausa and yoruba.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by ofeco: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2015
Igbo race is the best,when Igbos are determined to do anything we do it regardless of the consequences. voting for gej demonstrated how united igbos are, With igbos unity there is hope

1 Like

Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 03, 2015
well. they took a risk and it backfired.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by BrokenTV: 8:57am On Apr 03, 2015
OAM4J, MACLANTUNJI, IKENNA
Please do us a favour and close this thread.
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by madamoringo(f): 10:07am On Apr 03, 2015
Ibos don't need government or senate presidency, they can do everything on their own. Abeg leave them alone, and don't pay attention to their whining or complaints about marginalization. They chose this road, let them walk it, let them play the opposition for once in the history of mankind and not their usual any government in power. (AGIP).
Re: See How Igbo Truncate Their Best Chance Ever by 4Play(m): 10:24am On Apr 03, 2015
It's difficult to comprehend the illogic of these simpletons. What actual difference does it make if your tribesman is in a political position? Do you think the indigenes of Minna, Kano or Daura who have produced Presidents have a better living standard than those of Oshogbo or Nnewi who haven't?

Buhari would either make a good President or not. If he does, the inhabitants of Nigeria will benefit irrespective of their ethnicity. If he doesn't, the reverse will be the case.

Unless you are part of the elite or close to them, it makes no difference whether your tribes people occupy particular positions. We have had decades of Northern rule without meaningful impact on Northerners vis-a-vis Southerners as empirical evidence. Nigerians' penchant for tribal zero-sum calculations is insurmountable despite overwhelming contrary evidence.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ferguson Onwo Of A.P.C In Isoko Constituency 2 Fainted This Morning / Disgusting: See What Obama Is Doing In This Photo. / Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers Despite Recent Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.