Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

A Car Just Drove Itself Across The U.S - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Car Just Drove Itself Across The U.S (1439 Views)

How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? / My Car Just Crossed The 66666th Kilometer / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Car Just Drove Itself Across The U.S by tr3y(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
I could not believe my eyes when I watched the video, used t think such was only possible in Hollywood movies or maybe in a century to come but it seems the future is here already.

Delphi: a United Kingdom auto parts maker has modified the Audi Q5 to drive autonomously that is to say drive without human aid. The company also had the car drove itself 3400 miles from San Francisco to New York City in 9 days which is awesome for a start although it will still take years for the cars like the Roadrunner to be available to the consumer due to legal And some other issues.

Check out the promotional video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeJVFavHVJM

what do you think?
Re: A Car Just Drove Itself Across The U.S by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
The whiteman has created another reason why he's top of the foodchain amongst humans.
When these cars are finally legalized I picture alot of wealthy non-caucasian raced people buying them enmasse.

Its not too late for we Nigerians and Africans in general to shift our focus to science and technology. I just hope we realize the potential it offers sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: A Car Just Drove Itself Across The U.S by tr3y(m): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
charix:
The whiteman has created another reason why he's top of the foodchain amongst humans.
When these cars are finally legalized I picture alot of wealthy non-caucasian raced people buying them enmasse.

Its not too late for we Nigerians and Africans in general to shift our focus to science and technology. I just hope we realize the potential it offers sooner than later.

It's actually too late. It's just like a 400meter race, if any of the participant waste a minute before taking off thereby allowing the rest to move far ahead of him, I'm sure he won't catch up unless he is competing against snails, even the bible says if the foundation is destroyed what can the righteous do.

what we can do is just piggyback on what the developed countries has achieve and move forward from there rather than start from the beginning on our own.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

BSU Medical School Student Dies In Car Accident. Photos / Details On Peugeot 206 / "Decarbonising Your Engine With Water" Whats Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.