Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,358 members, 7,868,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:45 AM

How Significant Is Good Friday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Significant Is Good Friday? (9559 Views)

Opinion; Is It Not A Sin To Call The Day That Jesus Died "A Good Friday" ? / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / What’s So Good About Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2015
ignis:

All these Muslim nincompoops commenting trash and playing with Christian thread. Can any Christian try this on your always locked Islamic thread without being banned the next second?
It's not a must to comment on any thread. If you don't have any reasonable comment, please kindly move on, rather than displaying your stupidity.
Because Christians got tolerance doesn't mean you guys should push us to the wall.
But what part of wht I wrote aboveu dnt undersnd?
It's a questn nd I mean no harm morover wen U̶̲̥̅̊ knw U̶̲̥̅̊ cnt ans it...Y cnt U̶̲̥̅̊ shut d sh*t nd get off of mah mention?
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by Nicklaus(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2015
VERY SIGNIFICANT
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2015
The death is significant;the day insignificant. Jesus died on Friday nd not good Friday think and be free
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sukkot: 8:49am On Apr 03, 2015
jamillion:
creuelty take form from this day
GET DAT PICTURE OUTTA ERE STOP PROMOTING WHITE SUPREMACY. JESUS WASNT NO WHITE MAN sad angry wink

2 Likes

Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sleekymag(m): 10:16am On Apr 03, 2015
veraiyke:
Derz notin lyk good friday. Christ was not killed today if chronology n scripture is studied n understood rightly. Saying he died friday n resurrected sunday rubbishes d truth of him staying in d grave for 3nights n 3 days.

Actually you're wrong. Today being Good Friday the 3rd April, 2015 as well as 14 Nisan/Abib fits perfectly into Biblical chronology. The 14th day of the first month (Nisan/Abib) is the Lord's Passover, Jesus was crucified at the 9th hour (3pm Friday) and was buried immediately before Sabbath started. By Friday evening, the 15th Nisan, it was feast of unleavened bread, which also was a Sabbath day. The bible says on the third day he resurrected, I.e. early Sunday morning (he didn't have to stay in the grave for a literal 72 hours), which also is the Day of First Fruits, 16th Nisan. There are no discrepancies here.
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sleekymag(m): 10:19am On Apr 03, 2015
sleekymag:

Actually you're wrong. Today being Good Friday the 3rd April, 2015 as well as 14 Nisan/Abib fits perfectly into Biblical chronology. The 14th day of the first month (Nisan/Abib) is the Lord's Passover, Jesus was crucified at the 9th hour (3pm Friday) and was buried immediately before Sabbath started. By Friday evening, the 15th Nisan, it was feast of unleavened bread, which also was a Sabbath day. The bible says on the third day he resurrected, I.e. early Sunday morning (he didn't have to stay in the grave for a literal 72 hours), which also is the Day of First Fruits, 16th Nisan. There are no discrepancies here.
This webpage might help further http://biblelight.net/pasover.htm
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sleekymag(m): 10:25am On Apr 03, 2015
abuRevelatus:
for those who care abt facts!... Jesus was crucified on wednesday evening, spent 3nights and 3days in the grave, rose on saturday evening, was seen on sunday morning... If he died on friday evening n rose on sunday morning.. Dats just one day in d grave

Read the above two posts, and also check out this link, it would help address your misconceptions. http://biblelight.net/pasover.htm
Peace.
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by mamafunky(f): 10:36am On Apr 03, 2015
We adore you Jesus and we praise you because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world. By your stripes, we're made whole.
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by Revolva(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2015
Insignificant to me..
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sleekymag(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2015
johnne04:
Keep doing this in remembrance of me.—1 Cor. 11:24.

‘With the clouds gone, we can see the crescent of the moon. That means the start of a new month, Nisan. Certainly, Jesus will want to head for Jerusalem in order to arrive before the Passover.’ We can imagine such thoughts coming to the mind of some who were with Jesus in Perea (across the Jordan) on his final trip to Jerusalem. (Matt. 19:1; 20:17, 29; Mark 10:1, 32, 46) Once the first day of the Jewish month Nisan was determined, the Passover would be held 13 days later, after sunset on Nisan 14. Today is the date of the Lord’s Evening Meal, which corresponds to the date of the Passover.—1 Cor. 11:23-25. w13 12/15 4:1-3
Memorial Bible reading:  (Daytime events: Nisan 13)  Matthew 26:17-19; Luke 22:7-13  (Events after sunset: Nisan 14)  Matthew 26:20-56

Actually, Nisan 14 started Thursday evening. The Lord's evening meal was had by Jesus and his disciples Thursday night (Still Nisan 14) and he was at the garden of Gethsemane and arrested same night. Friday morning he underwent trial and all. He was crucified at the ninth hour of the day ( according to daylight starting from 6am, it's 3pm), all still on Nisan 14. He gave up the ghost at the exact time the yearly Passover lamb was to be killed, making him our ultimate Passover Lamb. Traditionally, the Passover lamb was to be eaten with unleavened bread at the night of 15 Nisan (Friday night), which is the Feast of unleavened bread. You can see the link below for more light and scriptural references. http://biblelight.net/pasover.htm
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by veraiyke(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Chai find my oda post in diz thread where I xplnd it using bible citation. It is u hu is wrong sincerely spkin. U r tryn to rationalise by saying 'he didn't ve to stay 3days n 3nights' when he himself n prophecies n xtendom accept he did so. Der is every need for us to study d bible properly n stop basing on mere stories.yes nisan/abib correspond to our our april. 14th april neva always falls on same day as in friday ds year n friday nxt year. Take note.
sleekymag:

Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by CELL2ME2: 11:40am On Apr 03, 2015
Opiosko:
No big deal abt it. Catholics observes the no meat gud Fri. U should know that Catholics are nor really Christians.

Bros ur papa!!!!!
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sleekymag(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
veraiyke:
Chai find my oda post in diz thread where I xplnd it using bible citation. It is u hu is wrong sincerely spkin. U r tryn to rationalise by saying 'he didn't ve to stay 3days n 3nights' when he himself n prophecies n xtendom accept he did so. Der is every need for us to study d bible properly n stop basing on mere stories.yes nisan/abib correspond to our our april. 14th april neva always falls on same day as in friday ds year n friday nxt year. Take note.

Did you check the link I posted? To help your understanding better, kindly read it. And yes, I read your other post. Some biblical school of thought say it's Wednesday, some Thursday, and the main, Friday; all in line with their scriptural understanding. The link I posted disproves theirs and showed he actually rose on the third day (not after 3 days and 3 nights), which supports the Friday crucifixion. There are many scriptures to support this, just can't start typing them now (a bit too busy now). Check the link I posted once again bro.
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by sleekymag(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
veraiyke:

And of course, no one mentioned 14th April, neither did I say it falls on the same date every year. It rather falls on 14th. Nisan which varies from year to year in the Gregorian calendar.
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by bobcharly(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
[img][/img]
if some celebrities can get plenty 'likes'
just for baring their bosssomms on
social networks...How much can you
give to our Lord Jesus Christ for dying
on the cross for our sake? ...#
goodfriday

Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by RobinHez(m): 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
The only way Jesus commanded we His disciples to remember Him was by observing the Lord's Supper. LUKE 22:19

The Church has instead imbibed different celebrations that have pagan origins and therefore, played down the importance of the Lord's supper.

For those who are conversant with history, we should know Semiramis. She is also known as Ishtar ; were we get the word Easter from. She ordered the women of Babel to mourn her dead husband/son-Nimrod for 40 days. This is the 40-day lent period being observed. During that period, they were not to eat meat.
I'm not to good at history but u can continue on these facts online. The point I'm driving at is...
Mystery babylon has captured the Church of Christ. The early church never practised any of these celebrations but we can see in Acts 2:42-46 that the church 'came together to Break Bread (which is the Lord's Supper)'

God has promised the fall of mystery Babylon. And it will come to pass. Revelations 17 & 18
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by macof(m): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
It's absolutely insignificant cause it's not even a Christian holiday but Aryan from the Iraqi region made famous by the Babylonians in honour of the Goddess Ishtar

1 Like

Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by teemercy(f): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gen.Sani Abacha died some years ago they call him late Gen.Sani Abacha,

Atta Mills died few years back, they call him Late Atta Mills

Michael Jackson died few years ago they call him late Jackson;

Mandela died last year they say
late Mandela,

But over 2,000 years ago our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross , and no body! not even the devil called him late JESUS...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
What a living Jesus we serve, can someone help me hail Him?

He lives!!!
He reigns!!!!
He rules!!!!!!!!
Halleluyah!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by paooxide(m): 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
veraiyke:
Listen to yourself. Read matthew 28. CHrist was killed in d middle od d week(wednesday) stayed in d grave for 3days- thursday, friday, saturday n 3nights- wednesday night, thursday night, friday night. Resurrected at the end of satur-day. D Jews count 12hours or broad day light as day n d oda 12 hours as night. At d end of d 12hour broad light christ resurrected before d d dawn of night. And in d end of d sabbath (wich begins after d twelve hour broad day light) as it began to dwan towards d first day of d week(sunday) mary magdalene n d oda mary came n den found out thru d occurrence dat Christ had resurrected. Joseph of Arimathea came to take his body for burial n it was granted him because its d custom of d jews not to let d dead body of anyone hung on a tree remain so all night. Compare mtt 27, joshua 8, 10 n deuteronomy 21: 23. Itz good we study d scripture wit understanding. N stop limiting ourselves to wat our leaders tell us.

Thanks boss... I see your argument.. Its convincing and enlightening
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by Empredboy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2015
njays24:
Growing up as a little child from a catholic background,I remember my Dad used to tell us it was wrong to eat meat or anything that has blood on good Friday. Growing up and looking back at those times,I just shake my head and smile. Now I can't even tell my 5yr old twin boys such a thing;those were years of ignorance as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if some peole still believe such..
Its because dad did not tell u why. Ok i will tell u now so dat u can tell ur kids. The reason is to ABSTAIN from something dat u love just for christ sake. The night b4 his death he went to pray with his disciples n he told them to be on the guard but d disciples slept off when he came back to them he asked them y dey couldnt watch with him for 1hr? The disciple couldnt ABSTAIN frm sleep that they love. 2ndly jesus said if u most b his disciple u most carry ur cross n ff him. Whats ur cross? Ur cross can be to ABSTAIN frm something that u love to always to do like driving car of 2km instead he treck.
Now concerning meat its believed dat an average human love MEAT so much. So y cant u ABSTAIN frm eating meat becos of christ to share in his suffering. Cos u too want to carry ur cross n ff him. Note there somemany things u can ABSTAIN from but the church picked meat
Re: How Significant Is Good Friday? by veraiyke(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
Good to know brotherly
paooxide:

Thanks boss... I see your argument.. Its convincing and enlightening

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Major Mistake Made By Christians / 2018 Top 10 Richest Pastors In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.