Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? (41214 Views)

President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Ministers Cut Cake With Yemi Osinbajo To Mark His 60th Birthday (Photos) / Which Jonathan Policies Should Buhari Continue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by lonelydora: 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Diezani Alison Madueke ***runs out of thread before they kill me***dodges bottle on my way running***

Na joke I dey ooohh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
cardoso111:
Akinwumi Adesina
Your head dey there. cheesy
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by 4Play(m): 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
989900:

No disrespect, but your first sentence in the above^^, kinda describes the interpretation of the remainder of your rejoinder . . .

. . . à la comparing our resources, income, and administration (Civilian vs Military) vs. results with then vs. now.

Depleting the reserves and a sh!tty currency, while plunging the country into more debts, while selling oil for the highest prices ever, over the longest period ever by any administration=failure!

Throw in oil subsidy payments from N300b to N1.3 trillion in a year thereabout, and watch NOI's explanation at the Lagos town hall debate, then tell me that's not dumb, or deceitful whichever fits.

I can't make head or tail out of this incoherence. Depleting reserves and sh!tty currency, you think it's the Finance Minister that manages currency reserves and exchange rate stability and not the Central Bank of Nigeria? It's funny that people now blame her for the effects of falling currency value, when she was calling for increased savings, our new "saviours" made the following call:

Sept. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Nigeria’s main opposition party said it will scrap the country’s sovereign wealth fund and a separate excess crude account if it wins elections in February.

“We’re going to put a stop to them,” Lai Mohammed, a spokesman for the All Progressives Congress, or APC, said in an interview in London yesterday. “The sovereign wealth fund and the excess crude account are illegal.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-30/nigeria-s-opposition-wants-to-scrap-sovereign-oil-funds

If she was against making savings, then the above statement would have been unnecessary and superflous.

As for oil subsidy going up, most of the miscomprehension arises from how oil subsidies are accounted for. The idea that subsidies only cost 300bn Naira in a nation of 177m people before NOI is utterly risible and profoundly naive.

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by ollyruffy: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
Tell me any parastatal that works in this country as at today. Then i will say the head should stay.

Since nothing currently works, they all have to go. But not to just go, EFCC will have to examine their dealings.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
annibro:

Akinwunmi! Never!! My elder bros is a Dep Dir in d Minis3 of Agric Area 11 Abuja.
Adesina came wit good ideas & plan but got currupted along d line. He transferd one of their best Perm Sec simply becos he refused 2 allow d minister access 2 some Billions donated by world bank whch was meant 4 Nigerian farmers. He, Akinwumi now replaced d Per Sec wit a woman tru whom all d Billions was squandered & no Living farmer in Naija got access 2 dat money. Also money meant 4d building of d Minis3 was squandered leaving d minis3 of Agric as d only ministry operating frm a rented structure in Area 11.
Akinwunmi gives out contracts 2 foreigners so as 2 mek gains where professionals employed by d govt are made redundant doing nothing.
D ordinary form used yearly 4d farmers registration exercise is printed in the UK as if there is no printing co in Nigeria.
During ds ongoing Birdflu incidence, dey claimed der's no enuf moni 4 posters, hanbills etc 2 enlighting d public on its dangers but dey had enuf moni 2 gather about 100k so called farmers at eagle square, lodge some & provided TP of not less dan 6k 2 each one of dem just 4 campaign purpose at d peak of an outbreak.
Abeg! If GMB knows wat is good 4 his govt. Don't recircle anybody wo wok under ds govt. Dey are used 2 free moni

Wow!
This is some serious allegations. Well, it's now left for buhari to choose. Let's wait and see, hope he makes the right choice.Pray his cabinet members are intellectuals that can move this country forward.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fanni Kayode
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by joxxy01(m): 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
AGRIC MINISTER....forgoten that his name
sef

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by shurlermoz(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Opiosko:
Obanikoro..... As if the certificateless old goon who is drunk on blood and high on lies knows the meaning or value of competence.
eyah! E still dey pain you?!

The Army said they now have the certificate so cool off on that.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by BetaThings: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Iamsynord:
Minister of Health , Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, He did well in fighting Ebola.

I will also love to See Orubebe as The Minister of Information !!!

prof Chukwu should be shot
When ebola arrived in Nigeria, he stayed back in Australia at an HIV conference to collect estacode
He cornered the N1.9b Ebola fund, thinking of how to fund his planned bid for governorship of Ebonyi state

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by dasrackhor(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Iamsynord:
Minister of Health , Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, He did well in fighting Ebola.

I will also love to See Orubebe as The Minister of Information !!!
I jegaed every orubebe in Nigeria IJN...tahh orubebe kor orubabel ni...
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by engrhorla(m): 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
donjuviam:
I'm coming pls, lemme finish cooking this banga soup

Cooking banga @ 8.20am...send me ur CV

2 Likes

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Justicealh3(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
grin I suggest Dr. Jonathan or mama p.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by 0955eb027(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
CyberWolf:
You people will be disappointed..Buhari will spend his first 4 years pursuing personal vendetta against his perceived enemies without doing anything and we will see how the country will go from bad to worse..
You wish! ShAme on haters... Ntoooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Alphonsocapone(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
4Play:

Is Pat Utomi a better economist than NOI?
I dont understand why u keep calling NOI a better economist while her policies has almost dwindled nigerias economy.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Onyenekwu: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister for Agriculture should be retained to continue agricultural revolution going on. I also feel that the minister for Trade and Investment should be allowed to continue in that position in GMB's administration to allow for continuity in industrial revolution in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister of Works....Dr.Mike Onolomemen

Minister of Power.....Prof.Chinedu Nebo

Minister of Agriculture....Dr.Akinwumi Adesina

Lastly,

Minister of Trade and Investment.....Dr.Olusegun Aganga.

My Opinion though
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by 4Play(m): 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Alphonsocapone:
I dont understand why u keep calling NOI a better economist while her policies has almost dwindled nigerias economy.

Can you point to any data source that shows Nigeria's GDP has contracted or stagnated since she assumed office. Just one source.

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by zemaye: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister for Agriculture has it!
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by ngoziama: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
Biggty:
He shouldn't retain any of the theives from johnathan administration.
Buhari should appoint you now mtchewww.please let gej be.you are talking because he stepped aside for Buhari the same that threatened to make nigeria difficult for gej.i am not pertubed, God wants to prove something to you all and I shall have a good laugh at the end.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by jenbost: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Stella Oodua abi na Oduduwa?
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Sibrah: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
demelza:
This is obviously a huge joke
She did well enough to merit another chance but the pro-APC won't see it that way. She gave a lot of good advice and guidiance to Jona but can't do it all? She also gave some bad once like removal of subsidy instead of blockage of leakage in the system.
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by otokx(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
None of them should be retained, we are tired of their satanic lies and newspaper improvement.

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by jazzyjagz(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister of Agriculture- Dr. Akinwumi Adesina
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Rekeb: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
None
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by expressglory: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister of Agriculture
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by ybportable: 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mayor, think APC need to 1st look @ its manifeto and programmes, confirm if their is need to retain any in line with their various achievements and the party's programme. Not just personalty, believe the party too has a lot of intellient people. Mayor, will not mind an invitation for the inauguration on may 29 pls. Will supply my email add if agreed. Thanks
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Exjoker(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister of science and technology and the minister of agriculture

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by 989900: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
4Play:

I can't make head or tail out of this incoherence. Depleting reserves and sh!tty currency, you think it's the Finance Minister that manages currency reserves and exchange rate stability and not the Central Bank of Nigeria? It's funny that people now blame her for the effects of falling currency value, when she was calling for increased savings, our new "saviours" made the following call:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-30/nigeria-s-opposition-wants-to-scrap-sovereign-oil-funds

If she was against making savings, then the above statement would have been unnecessary and superflous.

As for oil subsidy going up, most of the miscomprehension arises from how oil subsidies are accounted for. The idea that subsidies only cost 300bn Naira in a nation of 177m people before NOI is utterly risible and profoundly naive.

1. There are 2 ways to go if you can't comprehend, up your comprehension skills, or have me break it down for you like 'elementary'.

2. If OBJ could up our reserves from less than $5B in 1999 to $43b (while paying off debts and selling crude at an average of $35/barrel) in 2007, and Yar'Adua left us with $62b, and the present administration depleted that to $30b thereabout while incurring more debt, even though selling oil at an average of $100/barrel thereabout.

How can anyone commend the coordinating/finance minister?

Is the CBN totally autonomous off the finance ministry?

Did the Naira make any appreciable gain against the dollar while we were selling at $110+/barrel?

3. As per the oil subsidy, if you didn't watch the 'town hall' debate, go look for it and watch again, listen to NOI's explanation, and what Sanusi had to say about it then, and find out what he had to say about the sham later.

Going by your 'gloss', then there is no 'oil subsidy scam', just so we can vindicate NOI. smiley
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Drone007: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
IYANGBALI:
for where?boys with vaseline dey wait for her at the airport and all boarders.
Configured to self-destruct by your dyslexia. When your boys with mere vaseline come jam pipeline and crude oil fire at the airports and all the borders their bestiality and crack-fired randiness go quick vamoose from their sick brain. And I hope say when the real boys-boys finish doing to them what they dreamed of doing to her they fit still waka in the jailhouses where dem go wake up. ANY HOW SHA, DIEZIANI STILL DE KAMPE AS PRESIDO FOR OPEC DEY DETERMINE THE FATE OF NIGERIA'S OIL UNDER BUHARI!!!
Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by SirShymexx: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
989900:

No disrespect, but your first sentence in the above^^, kinda describes the interpretation of the remainder of your rejoinder . . .

. . . à la comparing our resources, income, and administration (Civilian vs Military) vs. results with then vs. now.

Depleting the reserves and a sh!tty currency, while plunging the country into more debts, while selling oil for the highest prices ever, over the longest period ever by any administration=failure!

Throw in oil subsidy payments from N300b to N1.3 trillion in a year thereabout, and watch NOI's explanation at the Lagos town hall debate, then tell me that's not dumb, or deceitful whichever fits.

Stop wasting ya time on that guy - a lot of these naija pseudo-analysts are vacuous intellectual frauds.

If someone could actually come out to defend a woman who had over a decade, with absolute control, to create a proper structure for the country's economy - yet failed miserably, with the country's economy still largely informal - that alone should tell you how empty the person. Heck, the woman has never been forthright in articulating her plans/programmes, and also terribly in eloquent for her CV. Trying to debate him would amount to talking to a table.

Okonja Iweala is ya typical bretton woods economic hit-woman and a product of affirmative-action/quota-system for Africa. There is absolutely nothing about her.

I might create a thread later tonight to list at least five Nigerian economists who are head and shoulder above her in all ramifications.

2 Likes

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by toluleke(m): 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
EggovinMma:
Minister of agriculture!

His bow tie tho grin
na your head correct pass and that head no go die...you sabi am..

1 Like

Re: Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? by Cchuks27(m): 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Minister of Science and Technology ... He's been a shining light since appointed a minister in a very short time. All parastatals under his ministry have seen unprecedented work input,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect / INEC Rejects Padded Governorship Results From Abia, Enugu States / Kano Government Reacts To Video Of Governor Ganduje 'Receiving Bribe'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.