Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! (1701 Views)

Why Many Of Us Graduated From School Unclad. What Our Lecturers Never Told Us! / What Is Wrong With Our Lecturers???? / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by yemi2plus(m): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2015
The negative impacts on economy, social, cultural and of course academic on students due to the six months long strike by Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in 2013 is still very fresh in the minds of students especially students of Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State, Nigeria.

If I'm not wrong, on 3-03-14, lecturers of Kogi State University, Anyigba (KSU) decided to embark on a strike action after series of threats which all fell on deft ear on the part of the State Government led by Captain Idris Wada, the Executive Governor of Kogi State. If my calculation is correct, today makes it a month since the forceful break started.

According to report from students and lecturers, the strike was due to the non-payment of academic earned allowances of our lecturers since 2009 and the over taxation of lecturers by the state government as against what other lecturers pay in other government owned universities across the federation particularly state owned university.

This according to our lecturers is unfair and tantamount to cheating as they wonder why they continue to work without being paid . Before our lecturers decided to go on strike, it was rumoured that they tried different means like dialogue, lobbying etc but all their efforts didn't bring up any good fruit.

As it is the norm in this part of the world, they had no other option but to embark on the strike as they believe it will help fast track the payment of their accumulated earned allowance and perhaps reduce their taxation by certain percentage.

However, this action by our lecturers is beginning to have negative impacts on students of KSU just like what happened in 2013. Some students were used as political thugs in the just concluded Presidential election and more will still be use this month to rig Governorship and State House of Assembly election. Also, our lodge rent is wasting away and Anyigba landlord are not ready to listen to you. Not forgetting the fact that we are being force to spend more years in school if nothing is done to call off the strike soonest.

Personally, I wonder the reason behind the State Government refusal to pay our lecturers their legal money after increasing our school fee by over 25% without anything to show for it. I believe the people who Kogi didn't vote for President Goodluck Jonathan due to the sins of Idris Wada and if he doesn't pay our lecturers and other state government staff, we will not fail to use our PVCs to vote him out later this year.

In sum, Captain Idris Wada, Please pay our lecturers and allow us return to class room.

#KSUstudentAgainstStrike
#KogiGovernmentAnswerOurLecturers
#IBagainForFourYearsInKsu
#kogistategovernment
#AnswerOurLecturers
#CallOffStrike
#KsuStudentsRetweet
#ksustudentonfacebookshare.

Please let's start the trend now on social media.

CC: Senu, Ishilove

Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by 42n8dzydoo(m): 10:00am On Apr 03, 2015
We must go against any form of strike looming
Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by yemi2plus(m): 10:09am On Apr 03, 2015
42n8dzydoo:
We must go against any form of strike looming

Are you a student of KSU?
Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by yemi2plus(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2015
CC: lalasticlala
Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by Matrix01(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
make dis pple stop d strike ooooo, we r tired of staying at home while our mates in oda schs r graduating embarassedmake dis pple stop d strike ooooo, we r tired of staying at home while our mates in oda schs r graduating
Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by Deiok(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Eyah, pele i can feel your pains.
Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by yemi2plus(m): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Matrix01:
make dis pple stop d strike ooooo, we r tired of staying at home while our mates in oda schs r graduating embarassedmake dis pple stop d strike ooooo, we r tired of staying at home while our mates in oda schs r graduating

You're so correct! The six months strike took away almost an academic session and now this. Idris Wada is yet to realise that if he fails to do anything urgent to stop this strike, he is likely going to loss the next election. Infact, even if he call it off this night, I'll still not vote him.

How I wish the moderation can move it to FP.

CC: Seun, Ishilove
Re: Captain Idris Wada, Please Pay Our Lecturers! by yemi2plus(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Please do the needful.

CC: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Oau Post Utme / 8 / I Bet U Will Stop Saying "Goons Mi" If U Really Know The Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.