Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Album Review: 2 Kings – Olamide And Phyno - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Review: 2 Kings – Olamide And Phyno (1149 Views)

J. Cole - 4 Your Eyes Only (album Review) / Opinion:Olamide And Phyno Who Is The Better Rapper / Download Full Tracks: Olamide Ft Phyno Album – 2 KINGS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Album Review: 2 Kings – Olamide And Phyno by nhop: 10:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Following the euphoria and the No-They-Didn’t-Do-That moment Phyno and Olamide created with the release of the massive banger, award-winning ‘Ghost Mode’ in 2012, it was only right that music lovers yearned for more from the dynamic indigenous rappers. They then went on another stellar collaboration with ‘Dope Money’ off Olamide’s critically acclaimed YBNL album, and a couple of other tracks have been laced with the dynamic duo’s energetic rhyme scheme.

It’s 2015 and the artistes who are undoubtedly two of the biggest acts in the country have taken their synergy to an album level…It has birthed the aptly titled “2 Kings“.

The 10-track long offering is hip-hop enough with a couple of tracks, ratchet and commercial enough with the others as they employed the behind-the-board services of Pheelz, Young John, Major Bangz and B-Banks. The album maintained an impressive rhythm as Pheelz handled the bulk of the production.

The ‘Cypher‘ opening is straight hip-hop with boom-bap beat from the boards of Pheelz and the duo brought their A-game freestyle ability as they traded bars with heavy punches, hard enough to make for an intriguing listen, as badoo makes us know he still keeps it real despite his enviable superstar status as he still “je bread ati akara”.

Pheelz delivered a masterpiece with the production on ‘Nobody’s Fault’ and the duo of Olamide and Phyno adequately did justice as they reflect on the struggles, pressure and expectations of being in the highly competitive music industry. Phyno quite owned the track with the impressive “long as the music comes with rewards/I don’t care about the awards/I broke all your records I don’t need to be applaud/mind in the music I can never be ignored/u wan see me finish get ready to explore”.

‘Ladi’ featuring Olamide’s protege Lil Kesh is just……ratchet and playful.

They’re always all about their money as Phyno declares “I only pay attention if you pay me” on ‘God be with

The album drifted from the real hip-hop start into the more commercial appeal through the middle, ‘Real Nigga’ has a raggae feel to it as the duo sought to cater to the club appeal and their lyrics ended up being disappointingly forgettable. ‘Confam Ni’ by Olamide featuring Wizkid sadly didn’t fare any better lyrically.

‘Carry Me Go’ produced by Pheelz(he was truly a champion behind the boards on the entire album), is a highlife-like rendition but also with shabbily delivered verses.

Olamide was in his element of repping the streets on ‘For My City’, as he is as impressive and poignant as he always is on joints like this with his delivery.

This project showcases highly successful artistes who are just enjoying having a good time, basking in the euphoria of being successful, though still yearning for more.

It is a pretty decent offering, a good addition to our music catalog and one that should be in our rotations for some time. However, the real Champ/King on this album has to be Pheelz for his dexterity in the productions.

http://nexthop.com.ng/album-review-2-kings-olamide-and-phyno/

(1) (Reply)

Download Music - Eddy Rolex - Love Boat / Funny Things About Nigerian Songs You Can Relate To / [NEW MUISC] Wizkid X DJ Spinall – ‘opoju’ (freestyle)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.