Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos (42812 Views)

Ambode In School Uniform To His Alma-Mater, FGC Warri (Photos) / Photos: Was V.P Osinbajo Scolding Gov. Ambode In This Photo? / Jimi Agbaje Lost To Ambode In His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by ihesiuloa(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
That gubernatorial candidates are stepping down for ambode, those that means that our eyes are blind from not seeing anymore? We don't even know if there was any other gubernatorial candidacy apart from Jimi & Ambode! Who really cares about the others? If they even context all we would be hearing about there votes would be like" 94 votes,102 votes,69 votes,114 votes,etc so it was better they backed off! Cos there major aims had always been to step down,accept bribes and promises of commissioners, etc.. I think lagotians should now see the deaspiration coming from APC Lagos chapter.. Yes change we need and Lagos is non exceptional.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by aLgoridim(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
nairalandist:
If they like, let Tinubu step down for Ambode, we want Jimi and that's final. That's the true change.

All these ones are just looking for compensation because they never stood a chance. Now let the giants fight!

If APC holds both federal and state power it would be too much power for them and I'm afraid the people may not have a voice anymore. Only a good competition between state and federal powers can drive true development.

Jimi for sure!
But, how could you imagine PDP, the opposition to take hold of lagos when you aware of the fact that Lagos is the headquarter of the incumbent political party, APC?

1 Like

Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by Change2015(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
freshness2020:
...change at the top
..change at the bottom (Lagos)
...since we need change! Let it also continue in the state level.
Lagos state will not be an exceptional case.
JK we know.

Lagos has never been the bottom of anything. Best governor, more secure, and now playing a major role in the incoming government. Fashola is certain to be a senior government figure, and Ambode is an excellent man, loyal APC member, and the best suited to walk in his predecessors mighty footprints.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
aLgoridim:
But, how could you imagine PDP, the opposition to take hold of lagos when you aware of the fact that Lagos is the headquarter of the incumbent political party, APC?

they will 'change' their headquarters very soon...
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by lastpage: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
hush15:
Atimes, I read nairalanders post and I shake my head in dismay, seeing shallowness in human thoughts and reasoning

We all should see the beaty of what just happened. GEJ's action should enlighten us cos what it means is that he has giving the Nigerian People a voice. That voice is power and thus he has handed us the power to manage our government and not the other way around.

We should learn that in Nigeria, too much investiture of power to one political party is unhealthy for our democracy. It undermines our powers as citizens. And as such, we need to groom either the present strong opposition inpreparation for the annomallies of current government in power. A good instance is the APC to checkmate the PDP whenever they mess up. The question now is who checkmates the APC when the mess up? Every present government needs competition and as each government's party afilliation compete to perform and deliver on their manifestos, the real beneficaries are the citizens. That is the power of our voice wielded by us over the government of our choice

For a strategic state like lagos, we have the opportunity to balance the power. Especially the one at the center. Let's take a cue again from the our latest success as a country. Southwest, especially Lagos is so key to our political growth. APC from lagos is what was projected to what they are today. So it is right to say that Lagos is key to any political growth. Even the power at the center can't afford to joke with a State like lagos. Largely because, it gives vulnerability to the current dispensation.

Why am I saying all these? As we progress in to the second phase of our electoral process, we shouldn't just consider our individual interest as our current president has just shown us but to put our state and our country first. We must protect our voice, our democracy and the only way is to create competition. In our various states, when choosing governors, it is not about who we like, its bout balancing power and driving performance with our voice which is our vote. So, its bout what can you deliver to challenge the party at the center or what the party center can deliver to challenge what the party at state wants to deliver.

For this reason, I won't want to concede Lagos to APC, but would prefer PDP at the mantle of leadership. The reasons are clear: which is to strengthen our democracy by creating competition and to balance power.

PDP are ready to address their issues. They are willing to work on the deficiencies. They are ready to perform better and to win the confidence lost in the people and what better way to show this than to deliver on their promises of a better lagos. This return challenges the Party at the center to also deliver cos they will see that should they behave funny and fail on their promises, they again may be overtaken. So they can't afford any loopholes. Who are the real beneficiaries, the CITIZENS of our beloved country. It is time to hold our governments by the balls and hold them accountable on their words.

For this, in Lagos, I implore we allow the PDP take charge. Their Statesmanship is the reason we need to. If they can show statesmanship at federal level, it means there is hope of better performance if given an opportunity to serve again. They know its business unusual and can't joke with the people anymore and its proven by their defeat at the federal level so they just have to deliver.

We have everything to gain I believe. The citizen's voice will be golden and we can keep substituting to enjoy the dividend of democracy.

If not for anything but to create competition for performance, vote PDP in lagos and yes, we will experience true change like never before. Our lives will be better for it.

Look at it this way, if APC hard to perform so hard in lagos to gain popularity to reach the center, PDP will work twice harder to regain the peoples confidence again as they find their way back to the center.

Thank you

No way!
Let them prove everything you wrote up there, in the STATES they won first!
Then, they can be allowed to come replicate it elsewhere.
For now, their REPUTATION in the last 16years, is what we can use to judge them......... and that is FAILURE!.

You mean you actually want to use lagos as a "scape-goat"...... as an opposition party-state, for another 4years, just coming out of it for the last 16yrs?

Abegii, this your "strategy" no dey work. We cant be fooled again.

Ambode all the way!

Lastpage!
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by jemype(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Baba una don start dis MFM style again. E no dey pay oo
Dinhodinho:
JIMI AGBAJE Must Win This Election By Fire By Force.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by ebony2011(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
jk we know.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
CoCoLav:
Nice game plan.
This is not looking good for Jimi
They know Jimi has the votes from.the igbos and they can't afford to have the votes from Yorubas being divided into ten. Even if the other 10 parties won't get many votes, its better not to take chances.

Same thing I thought too. Guess what? Today, the Ndigbo of Lagos declared support for APC.

The know all is against them now with recent happenings. Watching that today made me agree AMBO will win.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by naijasaints: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Sai AA+
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by silvernus0: 1:39am On Apr 04, 2015
JK WE KNOW

JK WE WANT
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by Kylecares: 2:52am On Apr 04, 2015
JK WE KNOW
JK WE WANT
will win d election(Godwin)
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by cashkid: 6:29am On Apr 04, 2015
nairalandist:
If they like, let Tinubu step down for Ambode, we want Jimi and that's final. That's the true change.

All these ones are just looking for compensation because they never stood a chance. Now let the giants fight!

If APC holds both federal and state power it would be too much power for them and I'm afraid the people may not have a voice anymore. Only a good competition between state and federal powers can drive true development.

Jimi for sure!
U av started again lol! Its jonathan we want! See where u have landed him 2day, anyway let's see what will happen next week saturday, buy stop all this ur "that is final" stuff cos I forsee another shock for you. No hard feelings
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 04, 2015
cashkid:

U av started again lol! Its jonathan we want! See where u have landed him 2day, anyway let's see what will happen next week saturday, buy stop all this ur "that is final" stuff cos I forsee another shock for you. No hard feelings

No shock for me bro. I was never a Jonathan fan. We're discussing Jimi Agbaje here and that's the issue. Take it or leave it..... JK lo le se!
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by wealth123: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Plus10:
we lagosians dont care let them merge all the parties in Nigeria JK is still our choice

And who are you to speak for Lagosians? how can Lagos be in opposition. Remember what happened during OBJ tenure when Lagos funds were seized by the PDP Federal Government. AMBODE FOR LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR GBA BEE.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by hush15: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
lastpage:

No way!
Let them prove everything you wrote up there, in the STATES they won first!
Then, they can be allowed to come replicate it elsewhere.
For now, their REPUTATION in the last 16years, is what we can use to judge them......... and that is FAILURE!.

You mean you actually want to use lagos as a "scape-goat"...... as an opposition party-state, for another 4years, just coming out of it for the last 16yrs?

Abegii, this your "strategy" no dey work. We cant be fooled again.

Ambode all the way!

Lastpage!

I get. You are for Ambode. Apparently, I and Ambode come from same locality and even at that, I won't pitch my tent with him as I know he is being seriously compromised.

Do you think Nigerians voted for APC? They voted for Buhari. Even in Lagos.
Neway, me am sick and tired of one government for the last 16yrs. Since change has been called by name, change must live to its name and change must happen in Lagos.

I say No to mutliple taxation and at the end of the day, one company will consume more that 5percent of our state revenue.

I say No to poor education state in Lagos. Thousands upon thousands have dropped out due to the exhorbitant fees placed by the governor only to revert to statusquo few months to election. Also many students who have endured are yet to graduate. They not even cleared by the senate yet, most especially the external campus students. Why hasn't the governor interfered since in the release of student results that they maybe cleared and graduated. When it was money,, we saw his quick and biased response.

I say No to poor healthcare systemm this particular one baffles me cos what people see is building. A routine tour would reveal that there are poorly equipped. Isolo Marternity ward and Igando is a complete mess. One of my friends who was ikeja general hospital was attended to at the reception of the hospital, that's after several hours of waiting. Even doctors are unfairly compensated. Rather, they empower their friends to open private ones.

I say No to poor transport system. When they started the BRT system, well, I thought they meant well. They promised adequate buses and availability. What do we have today? Buses that aren't indifferent from the 9/11 or molues that used to exist and not safe. Even their services are terrible. You just stand endlessly, rude and untrained drivers andworst, you stand endlessly at endless queue to catch a bus from point A to point B.

What's even worst is that one one person Tinubu is in charge of the supply of the Buses.

I say No lies, deceit, oppression and monopoly of Lagos by one party and a few people who are not true lagosians by the way to economically rape the precious resouces of my State.

I say No to turn public properties to personal ones cos I was an ex governor.

I say No to private toll gates when as a state, we have enough to fix our roads.

I say No to alway running to World bank to borrow money when we have more than enough to grow internally.

I say No to taxing us land use charge and still plan to tax us for water we source from that same Land.

I say Not to selling water corporation. I am a product of that system.

And so much no to many other usekess project of the state government without considering the lower and middle income earners of our great state.

They have tried. Our growth is not commensurate to the revenue and money we spend annually. We can't be held to ransome. Lagos is not their personal empire. The masses are working assidiously hard to pay their taxes, they are building Eko Atlantic with massive priority. What's that. Who would live there. Won't that bring segregation into our society?

Even the Landlord and tenant law created, they can't implement it. They built houses and sell for 15million and above. Shops, over 5million... Who can afford it but few? The list is endless. Oh, lemme add this one, the security cam he spent billions on and isn't operational nko? He should account for it.
Till then,

JK all the way.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by hush15: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
Change2015:

Lagos has never been the bottom of anything. Best governor, more secure, and now playing a major role in the incoming government. Fashola is certain to be a senior government figure, and Ambode is an excellent man, loyal APC member, and the best suited to walk in his predecessors mighty footprints.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov

What mighty foot print?

Rubbish....

I get. You are for Ambode. Apparently, I and Ambode come from same locality and even at that, I won't pitch my tent with him as I know he is being seriously compromised.

Neway, me am sick and tired of one government for the last 16yrs. Since change has been called by name, change must live to its name and change must happen in Lagos.

I say No to mutliple taxation and at the end of the day, one company will consume more that 5percent of our state revenue.

I say No to poor education state in Lagos. Thousands upon thousands have dropped out due to the exhorbitant fees placed by the governor only to revert to statusquo few months to election. Also many students who have endured are yet to graduate. They not even cleared by the senate yet, most especially the external campus students. Why hasn't the governor interfered since in the release of student results that they maybe cleared and graduated. When it was money,, we saw his quick and biased response.

I say No to poor healthcare systemm this particular one baffles me cos what people see is building. A routine tour would reveal that there are poorly equipped. Isolo Marternity ward and Igando is a complete mess. One of my friends who was ikeja general hospital was attended to at the reception of the hospital, that's after several hours of waiting. Even doctors are unfairly compensated. Rather, they empower their friends to open private ones.

I say No to poor transport system. When they started the BRT system, well, I thought they meant well. They promised adequate buses and availability. What do we have today? Buses that aren't indifferent from the 9/11 or molues that used to exist and not safe. Even their services are terrible. You just stand endlessly, rude and untrained drivers andworst, you stand endlessly at endless queue to catch a bus from point A to point B.

What's even worst is that one one person Tinubu is in charge of the supply of the Buses.

I say No lies, deceit, oppression and monopoly of Lagos by one party and a few people who are not true lagosians by the way to economically rape the precious resouces of my State.

I say No to private toll gates when as a state, we have enough to fix our roads.

I say No to alway running to World bank to borrow money when we have more than enough to grow internally.

I say No to taxing us land use charge and still plan to tax us for water we source from that same Land.

And so much no to many other usekess project of the state government without considering the lower and middle income earners of our great state.

They have tried. Our growth is not commensurate to the revenue and money we spend annually. We can't be held to ransome. Lagos is not their personal empire. The masses are working assidiously hard to pay their taxes, they are building Eko Atlantic with massive priority. What's that. Who would live there. Won't that bring segregation into our society?

Even the Landlord and tenant law created, they can't implement it. They built houses and sell for 15million and above. Shops, over 5million... Who can afford it but few? The list is endless. Oh, lemme add this one, the security cam he spent billions on and isn't operational nko? He should account for it.
Till then,

JK all the way.
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by hush15: 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
laytoshtwo:
Ambode under pressure,he was begging for vote on wazobia fm like a baby.Abeg vote for me,please vote for me. He confirmed Lekki ikoyi bridge was built with 29 billion.

Imagine, lekki ikoyi bridge for N29Billion. Lagosians can you read this?
Re: 10 Governoship Candidate Step Down For Ambode In Lagos by Change2015(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
hush15:

What mighty foot print?

Rubbish....

Till then,

JK all the way.

I will say this very firmly. Nigeria does not exist for the benefit of public workers, and neither does lagos State. Doctors are poorly remunerated? What God-awful sense are you making? Have you not seen patients begging for transport fare at our general hospitals, and then you worry about the person that has a guaranteed job and regular salary? I have no sympathy for them. We are a poor nation and the public sector is sucking us dry. If they are so talented in their various callings, let them go into the commercial marketplace and try their luck. I am very familiar with a couple of general hospitals and I cannot sincerely say I have come across any dedicated workers, perhaps except where ngo's have intervened. Please find out the basic salary of a junior nysc doctor and get back to me. With so many unemployed we cannot be hijacked by the few that manage to secure jobs in the public sector. Their customer Base is already impoverished but they want to live like Kings relatively?
As for the education sector, you must have observed the response when Oshiomole exposed albeit by chance, the illiterate teacher in edo state. When he wanted tout in place a recertification test for teachers, their unions threatened all sorts, and strangely enough, there was little response from the public or parents groups. Please tell me what you would do as a politician.
Tinubu in charge of but buses? Please educate yourself and stop spreading lies.
__

The Lagos Bus Rapid Transit System, also known as Lagos BRT, is a bus rapid transit system in Lagos State, Nigeria. It is owned by LAMATA.
Contents

First phase
External links

First phase
Edit

The first phase of the Lagos BRT was opened on March 17, 2008, although it was initially slated for opening in November 2007 (the initiative to build the system was initiated by the government of the previous governor, Bola Tinubu. It goes from Mile 12 through Ikorodu Road and Funsho Williams Avenue up to CMS. At current, the Lagos BRT Corridor is 22 km in length.

Two operators are offering their services to the Lagos BRT: NURTW Cooperative and LAGBUS. LAGBUS is an Asset Management Company owned by the Lagos State government.

26 bus shelters are offered along the Mile 12-CMS road; three bus terminals are also placed along the corridor (at Mile 12, Moshalashi and CMS), with the bus terminal at CMS designed to integrate with transport modes of rail and ferry that are planned for future construction by LAMATA.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Bus_Rapid_Transit_System

Fashola has focused on improving the infrastructure of Lagos but as home to over 10% of Nigerians, there will always be pressure in one area or another. And as always resources are limited. But there is a reason he is widely acknowledged as Nigeria’s best governor. As for jk, lol, please wait and see how badly he loses next week. We are not so stupid as to put the future of Lagos into the hands of a political charlatan.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Assessment Portal: Nigerians Rate Power, Defence, Agric, Education Ministers / Pictures Of Tinubu And His Diaspora Campaign Team In The UK / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.