Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio (30918 Views)

Jonathan Beats Buhari In Rivers With Over 1.4 Million Votes- PUNCH / Pdp’ll Win Over 90% Votes -akpabio / Meet The Nigerian Female Billionaire That Gave Jonathan 5 Billion Naira! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by lalasticlala(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, on Friday, urged Nigerians to emulate the statesmanlike nature of President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat for peace to reign in Nigeria.
Mr. Akpabio said this in his state-wide broadcast to mark 2015 Easter celebration in Uyo.
He said the lesson of Easter was recently brought home to Nigerians by the statesmanlike action of the President.
According to him, the President’s decision to concede defeat even before the announcement of final result is in the best interest of Nigeria and Nigerians.

He added that, “by this act, Mr. President has resurrected morality, good conscience, patriotism and goodwill for our country”.
The governor said President Jonathan had kept his vow that his ambition was not worth anybody’s blood.

On the April 11 governorship election, Mr. Akpabio urged the electorate to demonstrate their commitment to unity for a greater Akwa Ibom State.
He said, “the true Akwa Ibom spirit of loyalty was tested in the presidential election and we acquitted ourselves creditably.

“We were with the President right down to the finishing line and proud that we turned in close to a million votes for the President.

“We are proud of the President’s performance and proud of our support for him.

“This nation now knows that we have no place in this blessed land of promise for the Judas Iscariots.’’

He said those seeking to divide the state with politics needed to remember that Christ said it was through loving one another that one could prove himself a true disciple.

The governor urged Nigerians to adhere to the lessons of Easter, including self-sacrifices for the unity and progress of the state and Nigeria.

Mr. Akpabio also urged Nigerians, particularly Akwa Ibom people, to remain united in spite of the outcome of the past elections and to face the forthcoming elections with great hope.
“As we go out to vote on April 11, let us remember that what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

“Let us show love to our brothers and sisters from Eket Senatorial District by giving them the opportunity to taste what we from Uyo and Ikot Ekpene Senatorial Districts have tasted already,” he said.”
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/180561-why-we-gave-jonathan-nearly-1-million-votes-akpabio.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Collynzo9: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
“We were with the President right down to the finishing line and proud that we turned in close to a million votes for the President.
“We are proud of the President’s performance
and proud of our support for him.
“This nation now knows that we have no
place in this blessed land of promise for the
Judas Iscariots.’’
These are deep words. Loyalty pays.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by thinkdip(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
I may not know anything, but one thing I know is that with lalasticlala front page is danm, terribly possible.
*no comment on this* I want to rest

4 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
mr akpabio, u owe no body an explanation of what u did, every sailor must not be in the same ship(norsemen understands) and every nigerian mustn't b in the same party.....

Like-minded dudes attracts while d reverse repels
I rest my case
next

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
only an ingrate will go against his master, u did well mr akpabio, 98% of so called change agents wl rig there lifes and that of their unborn children 4 GEJ if dey hv d least opportunity to become a ward councilor

loyality pays

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by CR77(f): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Story 4 the gods

cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fraud---i am so sure that his excesses would be curtailed in the National Assembly by the superior numerical advantage of APC.
This man should just do the needful by keeping quiet till further notice.
Otherwise EFCC would be .........unleashed on ........ grin

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by ALAYORMII: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Akpabio
Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
you mean rigged?

30 Likes

Rigging of the highest order daris God ooo

28 Likes

whatever ever ur reasons are i dnt want to know infact i didn't read it

mr akpabio u r d best governor naija has ever produced,even buhari knows that

only if u will be given opportunity to rule as a president, am sure naija will become paradise

akpabio we love u

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by priscaoge(f): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
I still love [size=14pt]GEJ[/size]

24 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by GJames(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
SS and SE claiming the North and SW are tribalistic by voting GEJ out. GEJ won three states in the North, one in the west, got 2 million+ votes from both region. Buhari lost in the entire SS and SE with less than 600,000 votes altogether. Who is tribalistic here

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Because you rigged..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Bevista: 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2015

“We are proud of the President’s performance and proud of our support for him.
President Jonathan was heavily favoured and supported in Akwa Ibom. However, he would not have won a free & fair election by that embarrassing margin.

Being in Uyo during the elections, I can confirm to you that the rigging was monumental. A certain video is being circulated on social media as proof. The real total turnout of voters wouldn't even be up to 600k.

With Jonathan's loss, Akpabio's clout has left him, and he is no more the mini-god he has thought of himself.

Akwa Ibom State is embracing change come April 11th. Umana Okon Umana (APC) is the next governor!

25 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by omo17(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
see is mouth like tortoise yanch

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by leke12(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
U did it simply u think jonathan will win and u will be able to fill ur pocket more.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Collynzo9: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
shachris:
you mean rigged?
Can you tell me why you think it was rigged and that of Kano and Katsina wasn't?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
[b]

FOUR MAJOR REASONS WHY JONATHAN ACCEPTED DEFEAT EASILY

No Civilian President would have done lesser than what Jonathan does(Accepting defeat). All the other presidents who stuck to power in the past have military background, so Jona hasn't done anything spectacular and I don't think he has made any history contrary to the songs many people here are singing.

Now here are my reasons for saying he hasn't made any history:

1. There are international observers everywhere and any nonsense will get him Gbagboed into International prison because they have declared the election as FREE AND FAIR. Remember Charles Taylor, Laurent Gbagbo and Gaddafi. They are all soldiers who are not scared a bit of prison or death, that's why they never stopped fighting. But for GEJ, he is not strong; a civillian like you and I, not ready to languish in prison. Obama himself made allusion to Nigeria election a day before it held, so that is enough to send some sensation of fear into the spine of any African president who has no military background. Jona himself has been made to sign peace treaty twice and also interviewed internationally and made to vow that their would be a credible election.

2. The earlier he agrees with Buhari, the better for him because no matter what he does, BUHARI is ready to suck him dry of the national wealth he has amassed for himself over the years and possibly dump him in prison. You will remember his wife shouting that she wasn't ready to feed her husband in prison. Jonathan is not a strong person at heart, so you should expect him to be scared of prison, unlike the likes of Buhari, Obj and other military converts.
So, calling Buhari on phone isn't a big deal at all, since that would be the last appeal he could do so that his punishment could be lessened. With this, by the time Buhari start crying out loud that Jonathan has done this and that, we the gullible Nigerians will start calling Buhari a wicked man and saying "upon how Jona called this man on phone, yet he is still exposing him that way." That is what we call APPEAL TO PITY(Fallacy)

3. With JEGA's intellectually calm and astute response to Mr Odubebe's bei bei bei, the whole world has already judged the man as a very shrewd and unbiased man, so I don't see any court case or rejection of the election result standing at all. Surely, Jega will defend himself and win in all cases. Also, everyone knows that Jona would have made many advances to Jega in attempts to bribe him; surely JEGA will reveal those advances in court and the story would be 'no story at all.'

4. Jona had to act this way(you all know he is a Nollywood actor) just to buy the apathy of many gullible Nigerians (especially the 'prophet says' and the 'Jona is a gentleman' type). He hasn't done anything well for the past six years, so by gently walking away, he wants to use that to gain last-minute popularity. Well, good luck to him but I ain't buying his ideas.[/b]

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by jamex93(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
you mean you are trying to tell us how una rig the election or wat

2 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Boscojugunu(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mad man

1 Like

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by darejem4real: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank you
Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
In everything u do, be loyal to whichever game u play.
God bless Jack
God bless Akpabio
God bless GEJ
God bless FRN

5 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Boscojugunu(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Just imagine

1 Like

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by holyokoto(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
With all his speech, He did not tell us why they voted for GEJ nearly 1M voters, or has Apkabio become a prophet to know ahead that GEJ will milky gave out power?

2 Likes

After massive rigging

2 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by seedorfg(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
hehehehehe akpabio is asking me y they gave GEJ one million vote and i reply "because u guys believe that "stealing is not corruption"

10 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Collynzo9:

Can you tell me why you think it was rigged and that of Kano and Katsina wasn't?

check the voter turnout. more 80 percent. that is impossible in nigeria bro.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by highmood(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ok. Well this is loyalty to the core. I believe in future elections, many political leaders who are seeking to be reelected or vying for a post will seek such loyalty displayed by the people of the SS and SE for Mr. President and the love and believe the north have for thier own- Buhari.
And for those who think the SE and SS will not benefit from the incoming administration because of the display of loyalty during this election, I would want them to imagine if Goodluck had won, would he have neglected the North who also voted in masse for Buhari?
people say Rigging, what would you say of kastina, Kano, etc where there were cases of child voters and no rejected vote and no rancor. Are they telling people the election is perfect?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Gave Jonathan Nearly 1 Million Votes — Akpabio by ifeelgood: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Uncle please tell us a story...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Jubilations At TETFUND As Buhari Fires Executive Secretary / I Declared Ifeanyi Ubah Winner To Save My Life – Returning Officer / Mary Sunday Samuel Wins 7 Medals In Germany (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.