Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! (86536 Views)

Etche Of River State Are Not Igbo--igbo Are Landgrabbers / Yoruba And Igbo Are Virtually The Same Language - Just Different Pronunciations / Before You Marry That Igbo Girl,know These Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:
Oh! And Israel might be their God's people...every people to their God

Even ur holy book knows that...I assume you are Jewish

Micah 4:5

Micah 4:5 says this:

5 For all people walk each in the name of his god,
But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God
Forever and ever.

Does not say every people to their God
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
More Igbo-Hebrew connection:

Eating of animals that meet the Biblically clean requirements as well as the complete draining of blood from the animal as well as other laws concerning Kashrut
The use of ritual washings like unto the mikvah
Washing of Hand before and after meals
Has a concept of clean and unclean, acceptable and abominable or taboo
Animal sacrifice like unto the Levitical sacrificial system
Believe in a Supreme, All-Powerful Deity (Chukwu) above all other deities
Circumcision on the 8th day as well as had the naming ceremony of the 8 day old child
Giving names that bear the name or title of G-d within it
Separation of menstruating women
Adah or Ada the name of the second woman mentioned in the Bible after Eve/Chavah (Gen. 4:19-20) and is also the title used to address the first born daughters of Igbo families
The keeping a lunar calendar
Shemita and Jubilee years: The annulment of debt and servitude every seven and fifty years
The concept of a lifetime servant (Odibo) – Deut. 15:12-14, Ex. 21:2-6
Burying their dead facing East, the direction of Jerusalem and the Promised Land
Burying their dead as quickly as possible
Sitting Shiva (seven day mourning period where one sits on low stools, remains unkempt and shave their head in grief)
Belief in a resurrection
Send the body’s home of Igbos who die outside of Igboland to be buried, like Joseph and Jacob desiring not to be buried in a pagan or foreign land
Lengthy funeral ceremonies such as found in Gen. 50:1-3
Preference of Inheritance and leadership was given to the first born and passed down through the fathers
Sung prior to and carried a type of Ark into battle when they went to war
Hospitality like unto the traditions and legends know of Abraham Offering water, meal and lodging to travelers
The Yam Festival is like unto Shavuot (Feast of Weeks) and the Ovala Festival in the fall is like unto Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles)
Conversation and deliberate among men and leaders like that of Rabbi’s and students in a Yeshiva
Levirate type marriages, brothers marrying deceased brothers wives to carry on the brothers name
Marriage negotiations (Onye-aka-ebe) between families, like unto the story of Isaac and Rebecca
Polygamy
A type of, “Cities of Refuge,” where an Igbo who has committed a crime can seek refuge in his mother’s natal home, known in Igbo as, “Ikunne”
The concept of Sanctuary, similar to the Igbo Osu caste concept where a victim of violence may flee to the altar (alusi) for divine protection (I Kings 2:28-30)
Shunning of those who willingly break Igbo laws
Shunning of those who marry outside of the Igbo people
Laws against sexual perversion, incest and the like, they had to marry among their people but outside their immediate tribal clan
Justice and punishment for certain crimes followed the lines of, “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth”
A rule of Torah (Law) was developed and was passed down by Eri
No jails or penal system
Rite of passage into adulthood
Governance of the people by a conglomerate of tribal elders and judges prior to the institution of kingship dynasties
The coronation of the Kings have rituals and customs that closely remember that of the coronation of Kings of Judah and Israel
Symbolic attire and accessories of the Kings and Elders closely resembled that of Kings and Tribal leaders of Judah and Israel
Igbo idioms are very much like, and carry similar meanings as Solomon’s book of Proverbs
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

I said at the palace at OBU-Gad why? Because OBU-Gad is the current name for the place so of course I am going to call it OBU-Gad, I've been to Nigeria many times and I have many Igbo friends so yes all the way from Ethopia

Not true. The current name is Obuga. You won't find anyone other than Hebrew wannabes calling it Obu-Gad.

As regards your link and onyxes, the writer says they reportedly have Gad written on them in old Hebrew. 'Reportedly'. The writer hasn't seen the onyxes, apparently.

I wish he had; that would give more weight to his words. I need to see these onyxes. Why doesn't anyone seem to have a bleeding picture? I need to see it! Then I need to hear what an archaeologist or a geologist can tell us about how old they are. And what a Hebrew scholar has to say about the authenticity of the inscriptions.

There are such things as hoaxes, my friend. Every claim has to be checked out and verified.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Radoillo:

Not true. The current name is Obuga. You won't find anyone other than Hebrew wannabes calling it Obu-Gad.

As regards your link and onyxes, the writer says they reportedly have Gad written on them in old Hebrew. 'Reportedly'. The writer hasn't seen the onyxes, apparently.

I wish he had; that would give more weight to his words. I need to see these onyxes. Why doesn't anyone seem to have a bleeding picture? I need to see it! Then I need to hear what an archaeologist or a geologist can tell us about how old they are. And what a Hebrew scholar has to say about the authencity of the inscriptions.

There are such things as hoaxes, my friend. Every claim has to be checked out and verified.

It's not a 'hoax' website it's an Israeli News network
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

It's not a 'hoax' website it's an Israeli News network

Yes, a news network. Not an academic, peer-reviewed online journal. A news report which makes use of the word 'reportedly', I might add.

I'm sorry, but this in no way proves the authencity of the onyx (which, in any case, the writer of that article has apparently never seen).

The only thing that Israeli article set out to do was to show that a claim exists. It didn't set out to prove the claim. Do you get the difference?
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
Radoillo:

I wish he had; that would give more weight to his words. I need to see these onyxes. Why doesn't anyone seem to have a bleeding picture? I need to see it! Then I need to hear what an archaeologist or a geologist can tell us about how old they are. And what a Hebrew scholar has to say about the authencity of the inscriptions.

I found this:

http://instagramtag.com/p/i_x5LpEWva/

But I don't think it's the onyx stone because I found on a social websites not a good website for information
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:
More Igbo-Hebrew connection:

Eating of animals that meet the Biblically clean requirements as well as the complete draining of blood from the animal as well as other laws concerning Kashrut
The use of ritual washings like unto the mikvah
Washing of Hand before and after meals
Has a concept of clean and unclean, acceptable and abominable or taboo
Animal sacrifice like unto the Levitical sacrificial system
Believe in a Supreme, All-Powerful Deity (Chukwu) above all other deities
Circumcision on the 8th day as well as had the naming ceremony of the 8 day old child
Giving names that bear the name or title of G-d within it
Separation of menstruating women
Adah or Ada the name of the second woman mentioned in the Bible after Eve/Chavah (Gen. 4:19-20) and is also the title used to address the first born daughters of Igbo families
The keeping a lunar calendar
Shemita and Jubilee years: The annulment of debt and servitude every seven and fifty years
The concept of a lifetime servant (Odibo) – Deut. 15:12-14, Ex. 21:2-6
Burying their dead facing East, the direction of Jerusalem and the Promised Land
Burying their dead as quickly as possible
Sitting Shiva (seven day mourning period where one sits on low stools, remains unkempt and shave their head in grief)
Belief in a resurrection
Send the body’s home of Igbos who die outside of Igboland to be buried, like Joseph and Jacob desiring not to be buried in a pagan or foreign land
Lengthy funeral ceremonies such as found in Gen. 50:1-3
Preference of Inheritance and leadership was given to the first born and passed down through the fathers
Sung prior to and carried a type of Ark into battle when they went to war
Hospitality like unto the traditions and legends know of Abraham Offering water, meal and lodging to travelers
The Yam Festival is like unto Shavuot (Feast of Weeks) and the Ovala Festival in the fall is like unto Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles)
Conversation and deliberate among men and leaders like that of Rabbi’s and students in a Yeshiva
Levirate type marriages, brothers marrying deceased brothers wives to carry on the brothers name
Marriage negotiations (Onye-aka-ebe) between families, like unto the story of Isaac and Rebecca
Polygamy
A type of, “Cities of Refuge,” where an Igbo who has committed a crime can seek refuge in his mother’s natal home, known in Igbo as, “Ikunne”
The concept of Sanctuary, similar to the Igbo Osu caste concept where a victim of violence may flee to the altar (alusi) for divine protection (I Kings 2:28-30)
Shunning of those who willingly break Igbo laws
Shunning of those who marry outside of the Igbo people
Laws against sexual perversion, incest and the like, they had to marry among their people but outside their immediate tribal clan
Justice and punishment for certain crimes followed the lines of, “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth”
A rule of Torah (Law) was developed and was passed down by Eri
No jails or penal system
Rite of passage into adulthood
Governance of the people by a conglomerate of tribal elders and judges prior to the institution of kingship dynasties
The coronation of the Kings have rituals and customs that closely remember that of the coronation of Kings of Judah and Israel
Symbolic attire and accessories of the Kings and Elders closely resembled that of Kings and Tribal leaders of Judah and Israel
Igbo idioms are very much like, and carry similar meanings as Solomon’s book of Proverbs

Nothing on this list is peculiar to the Hebrews and the Igbo. Not a single thing. How familiar are you with the cultures of sub-Saharan Africa?

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
Igbo-Hebrew archealogist evidence:

“One scholar who visited Iboland, saw a swastika there and questioned how the Ebos/Hebrews could have this symbol and be Jewish. Sar Amariel answered the question stating, ‘This is an ancient Hebrew symbol that represents the sun…’” – Document: Tabernacle Congregation Prayer Yeshiva to HRM A.E. Chukwuemeka-Eri (Ezerora 34th and KAK Ji Ofor Igbo) King of the Igbos

And indeed swastikas have been found on the reliefs of ancient synagogues in Israel. No wonder the Nazis adopted this symbol to imply they were like the sun and greater that the Star of David." -Rabbi Kristopher
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:
Igbo-Hebrew archealogist evidence:

“One scholar who visited Iboland, saw a swastika there and questioned how the Ebos/Hebrews could have this symbol and be Jewish. Sar Amariel answered the question stating, ‘This is an ancient Hebrew symbol that represents the sun…’” – Document: Tabernacle Congregation Prayer Yeshiva to HRM A.E. Chukwuemeka-Eri (Ezerora 34th and KAK Ji Ofor Igbo) King of the Igbos

And indeed swastikas have been found on the reliefs of ancient synagogues in Israel. No wonder the Nazis adopted this symbol to imply they were like the sun and greater that the Star of David." -Rabbi Kristopher

What you perhaps do not know is that swastikas have been discovered in archaeological records from Neolithic England, to prehistoric Ukraine, across the Indian subcontinent, and all the way to China and Japan, not to mention well into sub-Saharan Africa.

Swastikas are a very widespread artistic and cultural element. Using it as an indicator of Hebrew origin or Hebrew influence makes absolutely no sense.

Who is this 'one scholar' in your Ezeora quote? Is his publication on Igbo swastikas available to the reading public?
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
Radoillo:

What you perhaps do not know is that swastikas have been discovered in archaeological records from Neolithic England, to prehistoric Ukraine, across the Indian subcontinent, and all the way to China and Japan, not to mention well into sub-Saharan Africa.

Swastikas are a very widespread artistic and cultural element. Using it as an indicator of Hebrew origin or Hebrew influence makes absolutely no sense.

Who is this 'one scholar' in your Ezeora quote? Is his publication on Igbo swastikas available to the reading public?

It only says the name of the person the scholar was with which is: Sar Amariel
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Radoillo:

Nothing on this list is peculiar to the Hebrews and the Igbo. Not a single thing. How familiar are you with the cultures of sub-Saharan Africa?

I never said anything was "Unusual" (peculiar) to the hebrew and the Igbo, the hebrew/igbo culture are similar to each other not Unusual to eachother
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

I never said anything was "Unusual" (peculiar) to the hebrew and the Igbo, the hebrew/igbo culture are similar to each other not Unusual to eachother

My point is: If this list is evidence that Igbos are of Hebrew descent, then it is also evidence that scores of ethnic groups across the African continent are of Hebrew descent.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
Radoillo:

My point is: If this list is evidence that Igbos are of Hebrew descent, then it is also evidence that scores of ethnic groups across the African continent are of Hebrew descent.

Well, God did told Abraham that his descendants will be like the 'stars' and the 'Sand of the sea shore', I don't think that number of people will fit into modern-day Israel.

Secondly, most of the times the Israelites get into trouble they will sometimes flee into Africa. Like Jesus went to Africa, So, somebody must have stayed behind.

Thirdly, God said he will scatter the Israelites throughtout the four corners of the Earth, so there is most likely one lost tribe of Israel, per country, tribe, and language. And it's only natural they will blend in with the people they're surronded by mixing in with them and still having the Y-chromosome of their original father.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

Micah 4:5 says this:

5 For all people walk each in the name of his god,
But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God
Forever and ever.

Does not say every people to their God

I call it the Jewish god
capitalisation makes no difference to intelligent people

Elohim is elohim, Jews don't even take capitalisation in Hebrew it's a Christian English thing
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

I call it the Jewish god
capitalisation makes no difference to intelligent people

Elohim is elohim, Jews don't even take capitalisation in Hebrew it's a Christian English thing

Do I care? No. This has nothing to do with me correcting you about what Micah 4:5 says
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

The Israel news would not have reported it if it was not true, they would of went and see it for themselves first.

If this was true the word "reportedly" wouldn't have been used
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 10:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

lol desperate Yoruba man hunged up on one word:

re·port
rəˈpôrt/
verb
past tense: reported; past participle: reported
give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

And again a legit website will not report something that is false.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

Well, God did told Abraham that his descendants will be like the 'stars' and the 'Sand of the sea shore', I don't think that number of people will fit into modern-day Israel.

Secondly, most of the times the Israelites get into trouble they will sometimes flee into Africa. Like Jesus went to Africa, So, somebody must have stayed behind.

Thirdly, God said he will scatter the Israelites throughtout the four corners of the Earth, so there is most likely one lost tribe of Israel, per country, tribe, and language. And it's only natural they will blend in with the people they're surronded by mixing in with them and still having the Y-chromosome of their original father.

*under my breath* Oh my God....

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Haartz knows that the Igbo are Israel that's why they posted this explaining why the Igbo are not 'yet' recognized:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/in-favor-of-politicizing-jewish-identity-1.404508

Because there are over 40 million Igbo and the last thing Israel needs is a mass movement to Israel, secondly, Nigeria and israel are in a good relationship so they're afraid that recognizing the Igbo will mess that up.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

re·port
rəˈpôrt/
verb
give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.

Reportedly (adv)

According to rumor/according to reports.

(Note: Reports are not necessarily accurate accounts, hence this definition of report.

Report (n)

detailed account of an occurrence or situation/ rumor or story that is widely known.)

No offence, but I really am beginning to doubt you are really Ethiopian.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

grin grin how many promises did ur god fail to deliver on to Abraham?
check out Genesis 15:18-21 for one more failed promise
I would advise you don't let us go down the road of religion and all this god talk

this fleeing you are referring to was always to Egypt as u pointed, today lost Jewish clans exist in Egypt, Morocco and in and around Arabia but not in sub-Saharan Africa

Btw the earth doesn't have corners undecided
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

re·port
rəˈpôrt/
verb

undecided check for REPORTEDLY
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

I would advise you don't let us go down the road of religion and all this god talk

this fleeing you are referring to was always to Egypt as u pointed, today lost Jewish clans exist in Egypt, Morocco and in and around Arabia but not in sub-Saharan Africa

Your an atheist (or non-Christian, or non-jew)why do you care on who are Jews and who are not Jews? This does not concern you this is religious talk.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
Radoillo:

Reportedly (adv)

According to rumor/according to reports.

(Note: Reports are not necessarily accurate accounts, hence this definition of report.

Report (n)

detailed account of an occurrence or situation/ rumor or story that is widely known.)

No offence, but I really am beginning to doubt you are really Ethiopian.

How can one tell me if I'm an Ethiopian or not through a computer?
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

"Road of religion, all this God talk"

This has always been about religion and always been about God, because religion and God started this Israel thing in the first place so to say that is really stupid
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

"All four corners of the Earth" just means North,South, East, and West.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
What the Pope Just Said 'Reportedly' Has Turkey Fuming
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by macof(m): 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
TheBlue5:

Do I care? No. This has nothing to do with me correcting you about what Micah 4:5 says

Do you mind telling us the technical difference between God and god besides ur religious sentiments
It's like saying there's a difference between Cat and cat
Infact in correct English all nouns are supposed to be capitalised

In the original Hebrew there was no capitalisation problem with the word "Elohim" used in Micah 4:5
You are Jewish right, u should know this already pls

it remains Every nation to it's God
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2015
"There is evidence that is scientific that the Igbos descended from the people that evolved in Israel," says Remy Ilona. He began investigating the stories from his youth more than a decade ago."-CNN
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

Do you mind telling us the technical difference between God and god besides ur religious sentiments

In the original Hebrew there was no capitalisation problem with the word "Elohim" used in Micah 4:5

I do not care about "capitalisation" your making a big deal out of nothing. Who cares if someone types "Elohim" instead of " elohim" and vice versa gosh.
Re: Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! by TheBlue5: 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
macof:

And honestly I do not care but I heard this from somewhere that 'God' with a capital G means One deity in a montheistic religion while 'god' means any god from any religion. But I still don't care.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / South African Lady Goes Topless To Celebrate Her Culture With Pride / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.