Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) (45024 Views)

Lyrics Challenge:- In Which Song Did Wizkid Used This Lyrics ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Robinsonmekoyo: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2021
I used it when I was still a kid and d barber always give me a knock on d head if I complain it's paining me.

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2021
naptu2:

I always wondered why. The interesting thing is that it was in the mid to late 1980s when there was a change from manual to electric clippers that the barbers also changed from elderly men to young boys.

Life is turn by turn.......

Now we have cordless clippers....... NEPA must not stop business........... cheesy

Man must wack, regardless of DISCO'S not playing the appropriate tune....... cheesy
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Yoighaman(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2021
naptu2:

I always wondered why. The interesting thing is that it was in the mid to late 1980s when there was a change from manual to electric clippers that the barbers also changed from elderly men to young boys.

Technology caused the change....the profession became attractive to young boys....all those babas (elderly men) had to park well. smiley
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2021
Kaa4:
Anybody who used that clipper or had the clipper used on him cannot be less than 50 years. That betrays all you. Old folks are on this platform!

Properly educate yourself child... that instrument of terror survived well into the late '90s. Except you are among the "Indomie" generation (Year 2000 and beyond). grin

2 Likes

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Barrywilly(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2021
I used it in the late 80s to 90s. There was nothing like electric clipper then. The beauty of this is that no need of electricity grin grin cheesy
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Misteelummie: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2021
How come all barbers that used this thing then are always referred as "baba"? Cuz vividly I can remember Baba Tao, each time I look at his dirty mirror then his long tribal marks and ever frowning face scares me. And na for queue my siblings and I go dey.
I later graduated to blade and comb.
What a sweet recall....

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Totalconcept(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2021
I used it many time when I was in Ido-Ogan around omifunfun Ido-obi around 80’s to 90s+
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by airminem(f): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2021
MagumForce:

Nope.
Okay. Then i took my kiddo bro to one oga joe shop in zaria, kaduna and my lil bro cries all thru the haircut session. After i asked him why he cried and he told me his ear hurts him when taking the haircut (i guess the tool was pinching his ears like painfully) RIP Oga Joejoe wink
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2021
naptu2:

It's painful for some people o! It was painful for me, though not everytime.

Don't mind that guy... That thing was a nightmare! It hurt like hell throughout, especially if the hair was fully grown.

How can one say current clippers are not better??! Guy must be a masochist. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by judedwriter(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2021
Beremx:
lol. It wasn’t painful to me. I kept low cut when I was in primary school because of lice so I had the baba always coming home to barb my hair and that of my two younger brother.

Did you also noticed that the barbers were always elderly men? Their sight alone was scary. grin grin

Those days it was mostly middle aged to elderly men that used these grinders to barb our hair...

the remembrance of going to those old men for a painful hair cut was scary indeed grin now I laugh over it.

Now a younger generation has taken over with electronic clippers.

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Bornboy4: 11:39am On Mar 20, 2021
Manual clipper used in the 80s.

Now Old School.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Chummynoni(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2021
good ole days cheesy. this image alone makes me shiver.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by airminem(f): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2021
Angelfrost:

Properly educate yourself child... that instrument of terror survived well into the late '90s. Except you are among the "Indomie" generation (Year 2000 and beyond). grin
Yes pa! Let them know cheesy

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by tobestdegreat(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2021
Contact me for your 3d wallpapers and 3d panels installation
Call 09015269577
At affordable prices

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by corbanstevee: 11:42am On Mar 20, 2021
I had my air cut severally with this device and for several years too... �
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by skyblue4real(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2021
I cried for this clipper....too painful
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by saintruky(m): 11:44am On Mar 20, 2021
Na this my dad take barb me n my brothers a style he called "oslopogas"... Funny man.. i miss him so very much

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 11:44am On Mar 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:
Saw this yesterday and thought I should share. Good old days!!!!!!!! grin

That was when the dressing was like this cheesy

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by mytalentlyng: 11:50am On Mar 20, 2021
Wowwww, I used that. Iya ibeji used to berb our hair with that hand clipper then. Gone are those days.

JESUS LOVES YOU
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 20, 2021
The pain no be here o
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by joceey(m): 11:54am On Mar 20, 2021
Dis is called kill and go back then grin
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by emonis88: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2021
Na here we go know d small children weh Dey nairaland. Op so u wan cast these small boys n girls weh Dey here abi? but e good so them go know who be their egbon for here.

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2021
I have forgiven Baba Musa.....The way he used to hold and turned my head back then no be here.....The clipper will drag ones hair and he won't even bother to sharpen the blades.

The good part is that, he was an expert in using blades to put a beautiful patting for ones head grin
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Llight101(m): 11:57am On Mar 20, 2021
kolomax:
Chaiiii back then In baba jelili's place naso the man go just dey knock my head like door cry undecided
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by focus7: 11:57am On Mar 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:

Lol

From where did you exhumed it?
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Lawalemi(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2021
I did.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Babatojide: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2021
Ahmed0336:
cheesy smiley wink grin... I chop knock on top that “clipper”
It’s the original clipper...
Makes that “. Clip clip clip” sound..
No just try shake head nah knock u go hear for head...
All this Baba dem Dey frustrate that year...
Barbing was for elderly men and our mother been the razor expert...
That razor blade go humble U if u try shake head,
And trust our moms then... u shake head blade cut u... she apply tcp/methylated spirit...
Na u get the reminder each time u wan baff
Some of us excluded the head when bathing for days
Then I remember going to school and collecting that regular tap behind d head...(eventually became chief back bencher)
That feeling when u TAP person Head from behind...
That sound “ Pah” grin
Toree long
N.b
I don’t mind having one of those if anyone has a clean one as shown in the picture

1 Like

Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Tsavo: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes, one Baba Oyakigbo of blessed memory, use it to barb me in late 90s.
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Oloniyan(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
Rest in peace baba oloruntoba grin This Thing was damn painful and he will be like it's not painful naw � �
Re: Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
See as indomie generation full this thread grin

Henceforth, I'd choose those monikers I respond to, very carefully by profiling their comments cos many of them are young enough to be my child. From their comments ye shall know them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jim Iyke's Outfit At Tuface And Annie's Dubai Wedding - Hit Or Miss? / CNN Features Abdulahi Olatoyan: Is He The World's Most Dapper Squeegee Man? / Miss Philippines Is Miss World 2013!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.