Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True (3679 Views)

15 Unbelievable Places That Are Hard To Believe Really Exist On Earth / 10 Unbelievable Places That Are Hard To Believe Really Exist / (PICTURES)..25 Facts You Won't Believe Were True.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by whillyamz98(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2015
1. On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds

2. Armadillos almost always give birthtoquadruplets

3. Your chances of being kllled by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark

4. Apparently there are more fake flamingos in the world than real flamingos

5. Shakespeare made up the name “Jessica” for his play Merchant of Venice

6. New York City is farther south than Rome, Italy

7. Maine is the closest US state to Africa

8. Ten percent of all the photos ever taken were taken in the last 12 months

9. If the sun were the size of a white blood cell then the Milky Way Galaxy would be the size of the United States

10. There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world

11. For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants

12. The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans

13.Nintendo was originally a trading card company

14. There is enough water in Lake Superior to cover all of North and South America in one foot of liquid
15. Dead people can have goose bumps

16. Oxford University is older than the Aztec Empire

17. Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto

18. Scotland’s national animal is the unicorn

19. There are 10 times more bacteria in your body than actual body cells

20. An octopus has three hearts

21. North Korea and Finland are separated by only one country.

22. John Tyler, the 10th president of the US, was born in 1790. He has a grandson that is alive today.

23. A strawberry is NOT a berry

24. A banana IS a berry.

25. A Scorpion can sting itself to death if your pour fuel on it.

Your comments are needed pls

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 04, 2015
Nice facts tho. Buh octopus having 3 hearts... Dats unbelievable
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by iwant2beheard: 10:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Lovely facts, I love it!
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Ezenwa11(m): 10:52am On Apr 04, 2015
Some of the facts are bullshit.
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by robinicule(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yam is a vegetable

3 Likes

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
If Number 1, was right, all space exploration would have been focused there, so its dead wrong ? Who even went there.

1 Like

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by morhsuud22(m): 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
It rains diamonds on jupiter and saturn....nnamdi biko lend me ur umbrella grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Doortun(m): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Tomato is a fruit

1 Like

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Ucheraymond(m): 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice facts wink
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Great facts
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Caution30: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
Wow,you mean its rains Diamonds on Jupiter?
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by whillyamz98(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
It does but no scientist can land on the jupiter or saturn. One is hot and the other...
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by whillyamz98(m): 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
It does but no scientist can land on the jupiter or saturn. One is hot and the other...
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by ERCROSS(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
whillyamz98:

1. On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds

if the. Distance is trekable, I trust my naija guys, they will just forget abt trekking to America via the Sahara desert

8. Ten percent of all the photos ever taken were taken in the last 12 months

credits to ladies all over the world

22. John Tyler, the 10th president of the US, was born in 1790. He has a grandson that is alive today.

chisos... shocked Methusela. Reincarnated...

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Hero10001: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
whillyamz98:
Saturn and Jupiter hot?! I don't think so.
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by tomzman: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by whillyamz98(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hero10001:

Saturn and Jupiter hot?! I don't think so.
Man can not live in both saturn and jupiter. there is no air and water.
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by iamyet: 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lemme ask google
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by PHAYOL81: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
Omo na d diamond tin sure pass oo if only d Planets ar easily accessible like others. Omo d tin 4 Don bcom yeye 4 earth here.
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Mirror97: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
I don't support that number 1 have you been there before??
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by andywaves(m): 8:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
How can john tyler's grandson still be alive after 225 years damn they got some anti ageing genes running in their blood
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by groundnutoil(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Billyonaire:
If Number 1, was right, all space exploration would have been focused there, so its dead wrong ? Who even went there.
it nt yet proved its just an assumption based on d high carbon content of their atmosphere
so it might and might not be true
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by groundnutoil(m): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
team of planetary scientists recently claimed that the mix of methane ,
carbon and lightning in Saturn's atmosphere is causing diamonds to be
forged in the planet's atmosphere. These diamonds would be around a
centimetre in diameter, but could range in size based on the availability of
carbon at the time of the diamond's formation. The new study estimates that
there are more than 1,000 tons of diamonds being created every year on
Saturn . Mona Delitsky of California Speciality Engineering in Flintridge , and
Kevin Baines of the University of Wisconsin-Madison , claimed that it is
possible. Saturn's atmosphere is mostly made up of hydrogen & methane ,
but when storms crop up, the lightning fries the methane , producing pure
hydrogen and burnt carbon, a.k.a. soot. As the clouds of soot fall towards
the planet, they clump together forming graphite, and as the pressure builds
up closer to the planet's core, that graphite is compressed into pure
diamond, thus literally raining diamonds on Saturn. The scientists think the
same thing might be happening on Jupiter too

2 Likes

Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
I doubt number 16 with pure vehemence.
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
groundnutoil:
Mona Delitsky of California Speciality Engineering in Flintridge , and
Kevin Baines of the University of Wisconsin-Madison , claimed that it is
possible. Saturn's atmosphere is mostly made up of hydrogen & methane ,
but when storms crop up, the lightning fries the methane , producing pure
hydrogen and burnt carbon, a.k.a. soot. As the clouds of soot fall towards
the planet, they clump together forming graphite, and as the pressure builds
up closer to the planet's core, that graphite is compressed into pure
diamond, thus literally raining diamonds on Saturn. The scientists think the
same thing might be happening on Jupiter too

How come they know all about this and they ain't made it on forbes list yet?
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 05, 2015
morhsuud22:
It rains diamonds on jupiter and saturn....nnamdi biko lend me ur umbrella grin grin

smiley cheesy

But no.10 though, I disagree
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Dubby6(m): 1:35am On Apr 05, 2015
26) Rokiatu shiits gold...
Mehn just sighted d ikebe today and now i know d difference between bum-bum and buttocks
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by lovely17(m): 2:22am On Apr 05, 2015
is that soooooo it rains failings diamonds in jupiter taking the next available flight there sorry I meant spaceship
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by groundnutoil(m): 7:14am On Apr 05, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

How come they know all about this and they ain't made it on forbes list yet?
u think if it was very possible to mine on this planets they wouldnt have? truth is they havent found a way to mine dem
Re: 25 Facts That Are Hard To Believe But Are So True by Hero10001: 8:01am On Apr 05, 2015
whillyamz98:

Man can not live in both saturn and jupiter. there is no air and water.
Sure, but they aint hot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From LASU Theatre Arts Students Induction Ceremony / Is This True About Private Xtian Universities Girls? / Just funny Animal memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.