Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. (4475 Views)

I Lost My Mum In The 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident / Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 04, 2015
A thread created by perfectionist. I followed up the story a bit and got sick of some females here taking sides with your wife.
Seriously your wife has no right whatsoever to slap and beat your mum up to the extent of her getting a deep scratch on her face, it's shows she has no respect for her MIL, this is Africa if she has forgotten and not some white' man land.
According to you, what caused the fight was simpy because your mum asked your wife to allow her take some 'naming' pics along, but your wife refused to give her probably because she thinks your mum is a witch and would in turn harm 'her baby' which is also 'your baby' I guess she has forgotten the baby is your mother's 'grandchild'.
I know one thing for sure, if it was her mother that.asked her to give her what your mom requested for she would gladly give her the same photos or hand over the album self, you know her mum isn't a witch unlike your mum grin
Your mum wouldn't have slapped her in the first place if she honorably and with respect give reasons to which she can't give her the pictures, she must have insulted your mum or got her overly angry even right in presence of your Mum's friend and sister.
To my own knowledge these are areas your wife missed it

1) she has no honor for your mum: this might be true because what on earth will it take her to give out pictures of her grandchild to her? Even if it's one?
She even got the old woman angry, she could have saved the day by giving out the pictures. It shows she doesn't trust your mum with her child.
2) she shouldn't have returned back the slap; this is the height of disrespect. angry what if it was her mum that angrily did the same? Would she have ended up in mortal combat with her? My mum use to jokingly tell me that am not too old for her to slap even in front of my kids and husband tongue even if my mum doesn't do that am sure she can insult me so much but will I retaliate by insulting her back? No! But if MIL did the same thing DIL would be quick to insult back and even beat their MIL self. What you do today u gain tomorrow o!
3) she could have waited for you to come: your mum did slap her, but what happened to her waiting for you to come? Shows she has no regard for both of u. She didn't have in mind what u can do on seeing her beat up your mum

The only fault her see in your mum is that she was quick in anger to slap your wife.
The truth is your marriage might not remain the same. This reminds me of a thread in Saturday punch news paper 'what will you do if your partner slaps your Mum'
It's a recent one if you don't mind to read it.

Most of these MIL are ancient women and so their way of reasoning is different from ours.

12 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Rotiix(m): 11:12am On Apr 04, 2015
That a reasonable lady like this remains on nairaland gives me hope!

10 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2015
Ooooo I pity that woman were for touch my mom

2 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by edwife(f): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2015
I can see you are looking for a Saturday showdown grin grin

Well it is a long weekend,so i am here to read... cool

2 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by agarawu23(m): 11:18am On Apr 04, 2015
Lacomus:
Ooooo I pity that woman were for touch my mom
that woman go reach heaven comeback

1 Like

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by agarawu23(m): 11:20am On Apr 04, 2015
Rotiix:
That a reasonable lady like this remains on nairaland gives me hope!
hopefully if she/he is a lady. So may fake genders on NL

Op u on point
Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by princesspinky(f): 11:21am On Apr 04, 2015
Am here to read comments
Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2015
agarawu23:
that woman go reach heaven comeback
she go die for here first when she gets to hell she die again.

1 Like

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by bastien: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2015
I think the MIL planned it,to frame the wife as baddo #MaOpinion

10 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by SAMBARRY: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2015
To start with what does the old woman need the picture for. Ahannn it looks suspicious na and very awkward. Just like a thread i saw the topic something like mother in law wants to bath with daughter in law. The topic was enough to give me an insight to what nauseating things I will see so I spared myself the details because the way the thread was expanding shows that there will be some irritants there. Abeg jare.

Small Time now someone will open a thread saying her mother in law asks her to bring her pants and because she didn't bring it her husband is quarrelling with her.

smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by ITbomb(m): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2015
The day I saw my late grandmother slap my mum wey don pass 50, and she just went away made me swear say even if this woman later slap me even when I reach 60, na just to find my level.
Therefore, woe unto any woman that my mother slap and she return the slap.
For God sake, if the heat is getting too much and you know it will lead to something else, either lock yourself in your room till I'm back or find a way and get out of the house.
Old age may make women paranoid but even if she is wrong, my wife have no right to talk back at her not to talk of raising her hands

5 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by agarawu23(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lacomus:
she go die for here first when she gets to hell she die again.
cheesy
Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
To start with what does the old woman need the picture for. Ahannn it looks suspicious na and very awkward.
I don't want to believe you said this..so its now a crime for MIL to have the picture of their grandchild?

But your mum can have the picture of your child right?

11 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by 5minsmadness: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
@op
truly you are a classy lady!
[img]http://media./media/10xZU9b7JBx14s/giphy.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by misfab(f): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
op..seriously wats d reason for this ur contorted opinion tell me.
addn more fuel to an already raging fire.

yes...d wife shuldnt hav slapped back MIL but dear shit happens n u were not der to see wat actually apnd.
d MIL is a troubleshooter n thats that.

stop blaming d young woman for her actions. she must hav regrettd her actions afterwards.
so shooo.....
lets al forget it
and pray neva to b in her shoes.
#peace

3 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by cococandy(f): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
And you didn't post your opinion on that thread because?

If I remember correctly, almost 90percent of people agree she should not have returned the slap.
While only few like you refused to admit that the MIL was wrong.

Admitting that the MIL was wrong to start with doesn't mean you're encouraging the wife to hit back but it seems that is so hard to explain. Advanced algebra maybe undecided

All in all, your opinion is not different from many on that thread, the slight bias is that you like some refuse to call out bad behavior on the mother's side. Why is it so hard to have typed your opinion where it counted. Abi we should copy the link and paste it for you on that thread? grin

Mtchew.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by TooNoisy(f): 3:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
This issue again. But the summary is that Nigerian women are their own worst enemies. The wicked MIL of today were the innocent DIL thirty years ago. Women are just intolerant of each other.

If the husband beat up his MIL, he will be a beast but if the wife beats her MIL; then our frustrated wives association of Nairaland will say she has to be right.

The MIL asked for her grandchild's pictures. I don't think that is a ridiculous request that must be denied. The wife probably is one of those that believe all MIL are witches who must be fought and defeated just like some morons here. Now she has caused problems for herself.

7 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
Another thread about the Mr Perfectionist story?!!! Jeez, who knew people felt this strongly about that thread??!! shocked

At least this person didn't try to cover her issues with the thread with some bullsh1t story.

cococandy:
Mtchew.
Girl, I can't! grin grin grin
Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Interesting grin

My opinions?

Mama has no respect for her son That's why she slapped the DIL. I am 100% sure she will not slap her SIL If the story was the other way round.

Daughter should not have slapped mama back. Walked out? Maybe.

And Mr. Perfectionist said over and over that MIL and DIL were not in Good terms.

Isn't it strange that MIL and DIL were fighting while the two other visitors looked on?

As I said, MY opinion.

1 Like

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
this thread is unnecessary. u could've posted ur reply on the thread like everyone else rather than create another thread just to drag the issue. ur sole purporse of creating the thread is to point fingers at the wife, mcheew.

4 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
cococandy:

If I remember correctly, almost 90percent of people agree she should not have returned the slap.
While only few like you admitted that the MIL was wrong.

Admitting that the MIL was wrong to start with doesn't mean you're encouraging the wife to hit back but it seems that is so hard to explain. Advanced algebra maybe undecided

All in all, your opinion is not different from many on that thread, the slight bias is that you like some refuse to call out bad behavior on the mother's side. Why is it so hard to have typed your opinion where it counted. Abi we should copy the link and paste it for you on that thread? grin

Mtchew.

U don't have to hiss ma kiss

2 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Miami11: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
I still support the daughter in law, how do yo go around beating and slapping other people kids in the name of pictures, would the mother in law like it if her own mother in law brought her gang to her own house and attack her?

Would the mother in law like it if her own Daughters were getting slapped around by some nincompoop mother in law, this is 2015, slap me I slap you, respect me I respect you.

Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Hotstepper(f): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
I normally wouldn't respond to stuff like this.

We do not know the fundamental of this MIL nd DIL problem because I do not see why a MIL should slap her DIL simply because she refused giving her pic. It could be a pill up of grievances and she got an opportunity wen her son left to deal with the DIL. Besides how come the 2 adults that came with MIL didn't jump in to save the day?

Solution: MIL would have awaited for the son to come back and then ask him directly for the pic

The Daughter inlaw shouldn't have slapped back but then her own grievances has been adding up as well.

Solution: she would have walked out on her or lock herself inside the room until her hubby comes back.

This does not give them the right to say he should divorce her. The man should not allow his family to dictact what happens in his life.

In general, MILS should stop doing things to their DILs what they won't what to be done to their own daughters in their husbands house.

DIL should go and apologize to her MIL and MIL Should find a place to forgive her and also apologize for slapping her. They should find a way to talk about what's paining them and find a way to reconcil and start having a good relationship.

7 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Stillfire: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
A thread created by perfectionist. I followed up the story a bit and got sick of some females here taking sides with your wife.

There were men who justified the actions of the wife on that thread. But you chose to ignore that and focused on the females.
I can never take people like you seriously with your fraudulent reasoning and your sick, very sick thirst for male attention.
In time past, these are the type of women that engineered and policed the cutting of their daughters cli.to.ris just to adhere to tradition.
Thanks for posting this thread anyway, because I will finally use it to kill female misogyny.

If indeed we are Africans and you want to use tradition to rationalize why a MIL has a right to give her DIL uppercuts, when matters deteriorate into irredeemable measures, we blame the most oldest person in the group for allowing it to deteriorate like that. The MIL gets the greatest blame for every damn thing that happened that day! If it's not making you people sleep well at night, please do the needful and drink cyanide! grin

Imagine the nonsense! Is it that you guys don't want to be slapped back when you slap your DILs in future? grin Why are you having sleepless nights? Have you slapped your DIL before and you are scared she will retaliate one day by either returning the favor or visiting babalawo to kill you slowly? What is the problem? angry grin Confession time! grin cheesy

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Ngokafor(f): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
....Mstcheww!!

..what an attention seeking thread angry.

...@op and every other 'saintly' females opening numerous threads to lament about this stale topic,please get a life already and move on for goodness sake!!!..

...The wife in the thread in question was wrong to return her MIL slap alright but that old woman was completely out of line to assault someone else's child like that..period

....besides most married men on that thread also felt the op's mother did not behave well as well so I don't get where all these lame threads by some self-righteous females castigating some females who also towed the married men's point of view is all about really..

..once more,enough is enough..when you get married to a MIL who slaps and kicks you all around and you are still so sweet,come and tell us and we will listen...till then please swerve joor!!

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by cococandy(f): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
classicB:

U don't have to hiss ma kiss
Ok. smiley

Happy Easter
Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Get out of my mind girl.

I was just going to type this exact post.
How do they not see the men who not only saw reason with the wife but vehemently thought slapping back was the perfect response.

Off the top of my head I can count about 10 of them. If I go to that thread there plenty of them.

For some reason it is the 'sick women' they saw.
I don't even think that many women supported slapping back. All they asked was for some biased minded posters to at least state that it is wrong for the MIL to initiate such fracas.

I don't get what this 'I'm a better woman than you' thing is all about. undecided

Stillfire:

There were men who justified the actions of the wife on that thread. But you chose to ignore that and focused on the females.
I can never take people like you seriously with your fraudulent reasoning and your sick, very sick thirst for male attention.
In time past, these are the type of women that engineered and policed the cutting of their daughters cli.to.ris just to adhere to tradition.
Thanks for posting this thread anyway, because I will finally use it to kill female misogyny.

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Kimoni: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
I can bet my 2 cents the DIL didn't tell the MIL an outright no, I am sure she would have said something like "mama, can I please reprint these copies you have chosen and send them to you"

This is the norm when people like your pictures and want to have copies but agreed the OP didn't explain at length what she really said.

It was wrong for the DIL to get physical with the MIL but it was even worse for the MIL to slap her DIL, even slaves should not be treated that way. And the fact that she is insisting on having the son throw her out of her matrimonial home even when the wife is ready to apologise immediately tells you who the primary aggressor is.

But then, did most posters really justify the DIL fighting the MIL on that thread? that's not what I observed or was I reading the comments upside down shocked

11 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by bebe2(f): 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
[/b]To start with what does the old woman need the picture for. Ahannn it looks suspicious na and very awkward.[b] Just like a thread i saw the topic something like mother in law wants to bath with daughter in law. The topic was enough to give me an insight to what nauseating things I will see so I spared myself the details because the way the thread was expanding shows that there will be some irritants there. Abeg jare.

Small Time now someone will open a thread saying her mother in law asks her to bring her pants and because she didn't bring it her husband is quarrelling with her.

smh

Ok, R u for real? Smh lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Re; My Wife Fought With My Mum Following A Quarrel. My Own Opinion. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Stillfire:

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Part Of Marriage Do You Dislike? / DNA or Divorce: Is Now Important Since Some Women Are More Harmful Than Snakes / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.