Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,998 members, 7,952,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Man Of Exploits! - The Vision - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Of Exploits! - The Vision (908 Views)

Make The Vision Plain / On The Vision To Get The Best Skin Care Products? / Top List Of Romancelanders Whom Deliberately Bash Girls.( by man of list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Of Exploits! - The Vision by timothyedoja(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
MAN OF EXPLOITS! - THE VISION

…but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
Daniel 11:32

It was the year twenty-twelve in the city of Lagos Nigeria. I just received information concerning the up-coming National Sports Festival (NSF) which was to be hosted in Lagos State and it was tagged “Eko 2012.”

The National Sports Festival is a bi-annual sports competition held in Nigeria where athletes from different states of the country compete against one another in different sports.

The information concerning the sports festival got to me quite late and as a result, I had less than three months to train in order to represent Lagos state in the hundred meter, two-hundred meter and four-hundred meter sprint competition.

Prior to the competition, I use to train consistently but I stopped training for about a year due to financial constraint and as a result I wasn`t quite in shape for the competition. I knew quite well that three months was too short a time to train and get in shape for the competition but I said to myself “oh well, let`s just do this.”

I started training for the competition at the National Stadium in Surulere, Lagos. At the stadium I met other athletes who had been training consistently for up to two years.
The athletes were in top shape for the competition and here I was with less than three months training time to compete against them.

During the first three weeks of training with the other athletes at the stadium I would be placed about three meters ahead of the other athletes and given the signal to start running while the other athletes will start racing up behind me and they would catch up with me because they were in top shape. But by the fourth week of training, my running endurance was gradually returning.

When it comes to running, the running endurance builds up or returns back faster than the running power.

During the fourth week of training I was placed ahead of another athlete who was a police officer. I was given the signal to start running and the police officer came up running with power behind me. I could feel the police officer closing in on me with power, just as he got to my side; I got angry and increased my acceleration. We were running side by side for about five seconds because I was accelerating really fast due to my quick leg movement. I then let the police officer run ahead since he had built up momentum and we were quite close to the finish line.

After the race, the police officer commended on my fast accelerating ability. I was told to work on my upper body which would drive my legs to move even faster since I have more leg power when it comes to running.

When it comes to running, the legs move faster than the hands. If you train your upper body it will force your legs to move even faster.

Friend! I wasn`t just looking up to upper-body strength to run. I was looking for something much more powerful than upper-body strength. I was looking for the anointing. The anointing for exploits!

And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before A-hab to the entrance of Jezreel.
1 Kings 18:45-46

The spirit of the LORD came upon Elijah and he outran A-hab`s chariot which must`ve been the finest and fastest in the land. He could do so because the hand of the Lord was upon him. Friend! When the anointing of God’s Spirit comes upon you strongly, He quickens your mortal body, He anoints you for exploits! Then you can do or change anything, Hallelujah!

Just like Elijah outran A-hab`s chariot, I was also determined to outrun the chariots but this time not chariots of horses like Elijah did but the chariots of time. I was spiritually determined to set a new world record that no man will break!

After the training with the police officer, I decided to stay back at the stadium to do some private training. Now the stadium was quite scanty as most of the other athletes had left. I then moved towards the start lane and thought to myself “it`s time for exploits!, let the same spirit that came upon Elijah, let it come upon me.”

As I got to the start lane, I looked towards the Heaven and behold I could see the host of Heaven applauding for me. They were welcoming me into the realm of exploits! The lights in the stadium was fantastic, the crowd was cheering me. The camera men were moving on their motorized scooter trying to get first hand pictures of me as I was trying to slow down way past the finish line. I had just set a new un-imaginable world record.

I then moved towards my management and collected copies of my book titled “Man of Exploits!-The Vision” which I gave to the crowd. I had published the book earlier but this gave the book massive sale worldwide. I made so much money from the sale of my book that I payed off billions in tithe to my local church.

Still in the excitement of the fame and fortune that I had just acquired. I got lots of endorsement deals, a request to create a movie version of my book came in. I postponed all request to a later date in order to work on my second book which also sold billions worldwide.

Then all of a sudden I blinked my eyes, looked around and saw that I was still at the National Stadium Surulere in Lagos, Nigeria. I was having a vision.

They that know their God, they dream dreams, they see vision.

I then remembered that I was about to outrun the chariot of time before I had the vision. I thought to myself “let’s put the faith to work.”

…show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.
James 2:18

On your mark I took position on the start lane. And then I sped off the track, while I was in the acceleration phase.

When running, the acceleration phase is when you move with quick short strides to build momentum. Your body is tilted slightly forward to reduce air resistance.

I was in the acceleration phase when I noticed that there was somebody in the spectator area watching to see me get to top speed. I could tell my fast leg movement had gotten his attention. All this was happening within a time frame of less than three seconds. When running your awareness is heightened, time seems to slow down.

I was still in the acceleration phase waiting for the quickening power of the Holy Spirit.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Just as I was about to straighten up my body to reach top speed…

TO BE CONTINUED

(1) (Reply)

20 Photos That Are Sure To Make You Cringe / Can A 19 Year Hold HND Holder Start Looking For A Job? / Mayweather:“why Should I Donate Money To Africa,what Has Africa Done For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.