Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,293 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. (1160 Views)

There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader / Dino Melaye, Kogi APC Chairman, Excos Gang Up Against Yahaya Bello (Pics) / Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by san316(m): 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
I have observed with great dismay, certain insinuations that the outcome of the just concluded election was a result of a conspiracy between the North and the Yorubas to wrestle power from a minority in the SS. It was also claimed that the results reflected religious and regional bias as against performance. Expectedly, this vein assertions are coming mainly from the SS and SE, a region that perpetuated the worst electoral malpractice in the country.

In my opinion, I think it is the height of hypocrisy and an unnecessary attempt to fan the embers of division and mutual suspicion among the good people of Nigeria. I will marshal my reasons in the foregoing;

1. THE 2011 ELECTION: Comparing the results of the 2011 and the 2015 election, we see a massive gap between the two candidates. GEJ got over 24m votes as against GMB who followed with 12m. These votes did not reflect votes from just SS / SE but all over Nigeria. GEJ won in Lagos and other SW states with wide margin. He won many states in the NC n won considerably large votes in the NW and NE. If there is a bias against the minority, that would not have happened. Many Muslims in borno, yobe, kano etc voted for GEJ against Buhari.

2.GEJ's ADMINISTRATION AND THE RESULTING DISCONTENT: Forward to the periods after elections, GEJ took decisions that hurt a lot of Nigerians and he didn't give a damn. Notable is the subsidy removal without any policy to cushion the impact. This is one of the factors that led to gej losing favor in the eyes of Nigerians. He decided to align with the rich and abandoned the poor. He showed a high level of incompetence and allowed corruption and bad people to throve in his government. These gave the opposition strong points against him during their campaigns. While GEJ's team was campaigning with unempirical data against apc, the evidence apc was giving agains GEJ were staring all Nigerians in the face.

3. THE BIRTH OF A STRONG OPPOSITION:
What attracted people to gej was his supposed luck. But his luck ran out when the formation of a grand alliance between major parties materialised. The aim of all political party is to take control of govt regardless of whether they are better or not. The APC was formed with ACN and CPC at the fore front. These two parties had their spheres of influence which is the north and SW. Now how is it a gang up when APGA, the SE party refused to join the alliance? Now this grand party was formed and were set to take power from the ruling party. What did the PDP do? They claimed they already have the structure so they cant be unseated. They underrated the opposition and got caught by surprise. Therefore, there was a gang up against PDP and not GEJ.

4. THE ROAD TO ELECTIONS AND CAMPAIGN STRATEGIES.: While the PDP was busy attacking personalities and sponsoring documentaries to damage the image of the APC stalwarts, the APC were going about their campaigns attacking the bad policies of PDP and telling the masses what they would do differently. Never was it mentioned in the APC campaign trail about religion or tribe. It was all about governance and Nigerians. When they wanted to bring fashola and GMB, the same pdp raised religious issues calling APC an islamist party. However, APC insisted on basing their processes on performance though they had to concede to the religious card due to political calculations.

Now note these;

I. PEJ called GMB dead brain and called northerners born troway without any statement from gej calling her to order. Would you as a northerner vote for such person? For me, it's a no no. Remember, Aisha Buhari noted that prostitution was a problem in the south, the whole SS was on fire that they wont vote gmb because she had insulted them.

II. Fayose went on rampage damaging GMB unencumbered. Remember, he categorically told the North to wait till 2019. Meaning the presidency is a regional thing and not based on performance. Some notable igbos even acknowledged that gej didn't do well but they would vote him. A popular one was a statement the "whoever fails a class would have to repeat. So GEJ must repeat" Asari said, since the oil is from them, the SS must rule through their two terms regardless of the constitutional provision for just one term.

III. GEJ has also stated that the Igbos are his back bone. He said there is a long standing alliance between the SS and the north all in a bid to divide the country. Instead of appealing to the people, he was appealing to the elite.

IV. PDP campaign was mainly on regional and religious politics. He went to all churches, shrines, cults and got(bought) endorsements from them. One even said he'd open the doors of hell for his opponents.

5. THE CONDUCT OF THE ELECTIONS AND RESULTS: Clearly, the results in the north and SS/SE clearly reflected religious bias. This is understandable because of the insults of PDP on the north and the fact that GEJ is from the SS. But there was balance in the SW and NC because the margins were relatively very low. What gave GMB the advantage is the fact that APC has roots in the SW. You cannot divorce sentiments from politics thus, the only way to know what influenced the votes is to look at the battle grounds, the SW and the NC where they both performed well.

In conclusion, those saying there was a gang up should explain why those ridiculous figures came from Delta and Rivers. Were they not bigoted as well? Finally, the election was decided based on performance because with the kind of campaign run by pdp, apc would not have won anything.

MY ADVISE: Let's. Come together and work for a better Nigeria. God Bless.

4 Likes

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by Gliding(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
san316:
I have observed with great dismay, certain insinuations that the outcome of the just concluded election was a result of a conspiracy between the North and the Yorubas to wrestle power from a minority in the SS. It was also claimed that the results reflected religious and regional bias as against performance. Expectedly, this vein assertions are coming mainly from the SS and SE, a region that perpetuated the worst electoral malpractice in the country.

In my opinion, I think it is the height of hypocrisy and an unnecessary attempt to fan the embers of division and mutual suspicion among the good people of Nigeria. I will marshal my reasons in the foregoing;

1. THE 2011 ELECTION: Comparing the results of the 2011 and the 2015 election, we see a massive gap between the two candidates. GEJ got over 24m votes as against GMB who followed with 12m. These votes did not reflect votes from just SS / SE but all over Nigeria. GEJ won in Lagos and other SW states with wide margin. He won many states in the NC n won considerably large votes in the NW and NE. If there is a bias against the minority, that would not have happened. Many Muslims in borno, yobe, kano etc voted for GEJ against Buhari.

2.GEJ's ADMINISTRATION AND THE RESULTING DISCONTENT: Forward to the periods after elections, GEJ took decisions that hurt a lot of Nigerians and he didn't give a damn. Notable is the subsidy removal without any policy to cushion the impact. This is one of the factors that led to gej losing favor in the eyes of Nigerians. He decided to align with the rich and abandoned the poor. He showed a high level of incompetence and allowed corruption and bad people to throve in his government. These gave the opposition strong points against him during their campaigns. While GEJ's team was campaigning with unempirical data against apc, the evidence apc was giving agains GEJ were staring all Nigerians in the face.

3. THE BIRTH OF A STRONG OPPOSITION:
What attracted people to gej was his supposed luck. But his luck ran out when the formation of a grand alliance between major parties materialised. The aim of all political party is to take control of govt regardless of whether they are better or not. The APC was formed with ACN and CPC at the fore front. These two parties had their spheres of influence which is the north and SW. Now how is it a gang up when APGA, the SE party refused to join the alliance? Now this grand party was formed and were set to take power from the ruling party. What did the PDP do? They claimed they already have the structure so they cant be unseated. They underrated the opposition and got caught by surprise. Therefore, there was a gang up against PDP and not GEJ.

4. THE ROAD TO ELECTIONS AND CAMPAIGN STRATEGIES.: While the PDP was busy attacking personalities and sponsoring documentaries to damage the image of the APC stalwarts, the APC were going about their campaigns attacking the bad policies of PDP and telling the masses what they would do differently. Never was it mentioned in the APC campaign trail about religion or tribe. It was all about governance and Nigerians. When they wanted to bring fashola and GMB, the same pdp raised religious issues calling APC an islamist party. However, APC insisted on basing their processes on performance though they had to concede to the religious card due to political calculations.

Now note these;

I. PEJ called GMB dead brain and called northerners born troway without any statement from gej calling her to order. Would you as a northerner vote for such person? For me, it's a no no. Remember, Aisha Buhari noted that prostitution was a problem in the south, the whole SS was on fire that they wont vote gmb because she had insulted them.

II. Fayose went on rampage damaging GMB unencumbered. Remember, he categoricallhe SW and the NC where they both performed well.

In conclusion, those saying there was a gang up should explain why those ridiculous figures came from Delta and Rivers. Were they not bigoted as well? Finally, the election was decided based on performance because with the kind of campaign run by pdp, apc would not have won anything.

MY ADVISE: Let's. Come together and work for a better Nigeria. God Bless.
Nice analysis. I hope more and more people will be able to think critically, doing away with ethnoreligious sentiments. This same GEJ won overwhelmingly just 4 years ago amassing votes from all parts of the country. The SW and SS were in the front line fighting for his installment after the demise of Yar'Adua.

2 Likes

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by seunfly: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
Don't mind them, that is one of the seed Jonathan planted during his campaign into this country, he used religion and ethnicity a lot just to divide and rule but God is above him, the problem of this nation trancent tribalism and religious sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by dexentity: 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
Impressing your message on the losers is just a waste of time, they know the truth, they are just being bitter. Southwest is not a region that can be herd like goats as evident from the voting pattern in the region in the just concluded election.

SW and MB individuals voted on personal convictions, not following a one way reasoning. The other regions should sort themselves and start thinking of what is best for the country and not basing there judgement on sentiments and personal vendetta.

1 Like

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by DaBullIT(m): 7:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
He nor dey do una ? Screaming conspiracy doesn't and will never change the election results

1 Like

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by themilanway(m): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Where are those hungry stricken NL PDP/GEJ spin doctors?

Come and do the needful to this wonderful thread.

1 Like

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by san316(m): 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
DaBullIT:
He nor dey do una ? Screaming conspiracy doesn't and will never change the election results
This is to those who claimed they were being dominated by the SW and the north because they lost elections. Barcanista even claimed the APC will not last because the ppl that formed the party did it just to spite GEJ. But all along, the PDP and GEJ's cronies are the ones playing the ethnic and religious card. I want them to stop all those rants.
Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by san316(m): 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gliding:

Nice analysis. I hope more and more people will be able to think critically, doing away with ethnoreligious sentiments. This same GEJ won overwhelmingly just 4 years ago amassing votes from all parts of the country. The SW and SS were in the front line fighting for his installment after the demise of Yar'Adua.

It is unfair of them to say yorubas and hausas ganged up against GEJ. The fact is that APC would not have succeeded if GEJ was not going about provoking everyone that helped him win election in 2011. I wouldnt even call GMB's victory a resounding one because if it were a gang up, the marging would have been far wider, maybe 20m.

1 Like

Re: On The Gang Up Between The North And South West. by superstar1(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice write up.

This is what we have been telling those hypocrites that believed they were ruling by proxy. They are the ones crying more than the bereaved.

Even SS cannot agree less with the dismal performance of GEJ and the unintelligent campaign strategy.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Accuses APC Of Plot To Impose One-party State / Ekiti Commissioner Of Police Redeployed Over Fayose’s Impeachment Drama / PDP Kicks As INEC Cancels Donga LG Election In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.