Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Are those Old Land Rover Series still in Naija? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Are those Old Land Rover Series still in Naija? (780 Views)

SUPER CLEAN PIMPED REGISTERED LAND ROVER LR3..2.2m / Extra Clean 2k Toyota 4runner From Fhemmy Motos To Nyrol, Live In Naija Pixz / 2010 Land Rover Range Rover Hse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are those Old Land Rover Series still in Naija? by DonSegmond(m): 1:01am On Jan 25, 2009
Hey yall.  Can these still be found in Naija?  You know, those land rover from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.   I haven't been in Naija for 15+ yrs.  But I plan to land this year, and that's what I want to get.   If so, how much can they be had for? :-)  Thanks
Re: Are those Old Land Rover Series still in Naija? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jan 25, 2009
Blimey! That's a blast from the past.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Are those Old Land Rover Series still in Naija? by promise72(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2009
Im pretty sure u can. The question is that waht shape? As far as i know, most ppl who use the in naija now (especially the 60's models) use the for towing. They are usually in pretty bad shape and worst still they probably will have a converted engine to something like a nissan patrol or so engine.

My suggestion is that u might have a better luck with something like a defender 90 or 110. Some clean ones are still running around. Some ppl actually use the for private use. As opposed to the older ones u are looking for.

Good luck.
Re: Are those Old Land Rover Series still in Naija? by DonSegmond(m): 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2009
promise72, thanks!

That's cool, so long as I can find one that's all I care for. It doesn't need to be running. I want to rebuild and restore one, I will put the original engine back in it. I don't care for the defenders, I want the pre defenders, they were designed to be pretty simple, no electronics, no computers, easy to repair, and they can handle the terrible nigerian road. :-) Yes, they are a little slow, but there are a few things to make em a little bit preppy and faster. I am not going to waste money IMPORTING a 4x4 into Naija that I will drive once a year, when I can get a local landrover. LOL

(1) (Reply)

Check And Buy Cheap Used Cars / Get A Brand New Kia Vehicles Of All Ranges through Bank Financing. / 1998 Honda Crv For Grab At Low Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.