Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan (12104 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by lalasticlala(m): 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday felicitated with Nigerians on the celebration of Easter in commemoration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

In his Easter message to the nation, he urged Nigerians to seize the opportunity of the Easter holiday to reflect on what more they need to do as a people to ensure that the success o the current political process.

He was confident that just like the presidential elections, the forthcoming governorship elections will be peaceful.

He said: “I greet you all, especially our Christian brothers and sisters, as we celebrate Easter in commemoration of the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

“For Christians all over the world, the major lessons of Easter, which we celebrate this year in the midst of general elections in our nation, are to be found in the Messiah’s Divine love and glorious self-sacrifice for the redemption of mankind.

“This year’s celebration of Easter is taking place at a period of very critical national choices and decisions, during which we must all be prepared and willing to make sacrifices for greater unity, peace, political stability and progress in our beloved country.

“We must therefore seize the opportunity of the Easter holiday to reflect deeply on what more we need to do as a people, to ensure that the political process in which we are currently engaged is successfully concluded and that our beloved country, Nigeria continues to move towards a better future for all of its citizens.

“Happily, we have already successfully scaled the hurdle of the Presidential and National Assembly Elections. I am quite hopeful that the Gubernatorial and State Assembly elections will also be conducted peacefully.” he said

He noted that the collective actions of Nigerians since March 28 have assured the world that the democratic spirit is alive and well in Nigeria.

He added: “By the grace of God, our beloved nation, Nigeria is moving forward despite all challenges.

“Let us all pray this Easter, that God Almighty who has brought us this far, will continue to bless our nation as we march onward towards the fulfillment of our collective vision of a truly united, strong and prosperous nation.” he stated

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/gubernatorial-assembly-elections-will-be-peaceful-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL!!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by ozoigbondu: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
l trust you GEJ for you are a man of peace tranquilty and harmony but send battlions to rivers state the kind mago mago going on in that state.........

My ambition, and indeed the ambition of anybody, is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Goodluck Ebelemi Azikwe Jonathan GCFR
the man of peace

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by ELTON123(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
kudos
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by MEILYN(m): 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmmmm this thread is already existing. Please do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by TRADELYN: 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
Whether you like it or not, President Jonathan is more than a hero...he's NOT a LOSER...

He is simply Nigeria's SAVIOUR!

He has done his best.

May GOD keep blessing him.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by TrishaP(f): 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2015
We will be watching...
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
e
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Pvin: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Words from a true Democrat, may Jesus Christ who will celebrates his resurrection take you to higher places and also bless you with more wisdom.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Crocz(m): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
temitemi1:
Hero my brown as.s

3 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Morkavictor: 7:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gej i thank you very much for making this election violent free.God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by petitmonde(m): 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
The last easter message as d presdio of the country.whether you like it or not,GEJ is peace-loving!
GAA kept thanking him for accepting defeat when he went to visit him.
He will surely be remembered as a hero of our democracy.

6 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by omophunky(m): 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ok
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by otemanuduno: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
Loser not allowed to speak here. GEJ go to OTUOKE and stop talking for now abeg.

[b]BTW, this is how Jona lost the election

2013- GEJ has 100 million fans.

2014-
30 million deflected after the CHIBOK issue

2014- Wife said there is God o, 20 million deflected

2014- GEJ has 50 million fans, he said STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION, 10 million people deflected, remaining 40 million.

2014- He bribed our pastors, 5 million deflected, remaining 35 million

2014- Bomb blasts- 2 million people deflected, remaining 33 million

2014- Okupe said he is a bastard, 2 million people deflected, remaining 31 million

2015- Fayose said his mother wears Pampers, 5 million people deflected, remaining 26 million

2015- FFK kept on blabbing. 6 million people deflected, remaining 20 million

2015- Mama PEACE said you should stone anybody who says CHANGE. 5 million people deflected, remaining 15 million

2015- AIT showed documentary of Tinubu + Islamisation ish; 15 million people was added, making 30 million

2015- Jonathan couldn't answer many questions in international interviews (so clueless) 10 million deflected, remaining 20 million

2015- Naira value falls and Okonjo Iweala was telling us that WE HAVE THE STRONGEST ECONOMY. Guys vex and deflected. 5 million left, remaining 15 million

2015- Bribery continues, OPC leader awarded contract; 1 million deflected, remaining 14 million.

2015- Shifted election; 1 million deflected, remaining 13 million

2015- Hired Nigerians protested at CHATHAM against Buhari. They interviewed them and found them clueless like the person who sponsored them. 2 million Nigerians deflected, remaining 11 million.

2015- GEJ's paid soldiers said CHIBOK's girls are now in GWOSA. Sharply 1 million deflected, remaining 10 million, but 2 million gullible people joined, making 12 million

2015- FFK kept on running his mouth. 1 million left, remaining 11 million

2015- Election was held and GEJ has 11 million votes + 1 million rigging = 12 million.

Thus, GEJ lost the ELECTION!!! [/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Not interested
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Ojestas(m): 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Peace ambassador ,, GEJ !

1 Like

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
We pray so,no more bloodletting in our nation.
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Sweetcollins: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
God bless you latest hero

1 Like

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Sai GEJ the true definition of leadership unlike some desperate....you know the rest

4 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by stonemind(f): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
temitemi1:

FAYOSE your what? I'm not sure you're sane

2 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by thinkdip(m): 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
good one governorship election is for pdp
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Silva79(f): 7:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
he is not desperate afterall

3 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by LastProphet: 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
A thread for losers and their outgoing president. Where are those "Buhari is a serial loser" squad? Where una dey?

1 Like

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by sanandreas(m): 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Gej is a blessing to Nigeria. Those who speak bad of him now, will someday make a u-turn.

5 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by luckylucky: 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kudos to Mr president he has demonstrated integrity to core, in fact I'm glad to have you as a leader indeed. Mr Jonathan has written his name on plate of gold in history of leadership in Nigeria and no matter what our history as a peaceful nation can't complete without your name on a full page.
May almighty God gives you a successful son we are looking forward to see any of your children that share your ideology to lead us in politics and future national challenges. God bless you sir!

7 Likes

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l trust you GEJ for you are a man of peace tranquilty and harmony but send battlions to rivers state the kind mago mago going on in that state.........

My ambition, and indeed the ambition of anybody, is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Goodluck Ebelemi Azikwe Jonathan GCFR
the man of peace

You idiot never ashamed of your self. I thought you said repeatedly that if Jonathan lose in this election, you will die from nairaland. What is still keeping you here? You forget something? Shameless man that can't keep to his words. Like his father, okupe, like son.

temitemi1:

And you, you have been reprogrammed, abi? No more JEG 2019? Yeye people dem.

1 Like

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Csami(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ ma overrated hero. Inasmuch I wanted you to win, you now really piss me off. Losers don't take sh*t but winners take all. All I can say for now is journey well back to otueke.

1 Like

Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by teufelein(f): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
[size=18pt]jonathan is unfortunately cluelessly an imbecillic fool...a very stupid creature![/size]
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by koikoi2(m): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
GEJ is sent by God to save Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by rusher14: 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
So elections are only violence-free on the day it's hel? Days preceeding and after really don't count?

Rivers state has become a hotbed of gangsters and lives are lost on the daily. Yet, the elections are suggested to be free of violence.

Shame and desperation of a government which has no value for human life and who wish to paint themselves as democrats, when it is quite glaring they are as desperate and as despotic as it gets.
Re: Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections Will Be Peaceful - Jonathan by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
start from rivers state. call your boys to order. this guy is simply a wolf in a sheep's clothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Leads In Cross River - The Nation / Osinbajo: Buhari’s Friends Won’t Be Spared In Anti-graft War / Power Grid Records First Collapse In February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.