Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 (31367 Views)

Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / See Photos Of Copies Of Letter Buhari Wrote To Prime Minister M Thatcher In 1984 / Mama Taraba: Nigeria Margaret Thatcher In Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by otemanuduno: 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lewisj:
.....And you are so DAFT! I scrolled back to the pic to see if I could find any connection with it and your post, 'Lo and behold' there was none. Now ask yourself, who is really clueless between you and Gej? Give yourself 3 knocks.

I am programmed nah. Programmed to post that thing on FP till I get banned to return anoda day grin Actually, you are the most clueless of the three of us.

those times when we were warning you TANOIDS to stop shouting GEJtill2019 up and down, una nor hear word. Now it's my time to make fun of all GEJITEStillMAY29.

grin
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Simitrendy:
Shehu Shagari I wasn't alive when he was ruling sad cool embarassed
how old are you now?

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by deebsman1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
haywire1:

U bought a plot, person like me bought an acre

LOL, atole

watch out, on the verge of buying an island
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by kobonaire(m): 11:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
OgaTheTop2:
Those good days..
Absolutely, then 1 Naira = $1.63
exchange history

PS: Btw, your dp is disturbing .. is that dear stewie receiving the BJ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by tsdarkside(m): 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
shaking hands with colonialist(dogs)...no wonder africa never come forward..... angry angry angry

your leader is shaking hands your oppresors,and you find that great..what an insult,to our ancestors.. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by tsdarkside(m): 11:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
i think its about time,,,we start reprogramming our selfs...

what the fvck is going on with black people,,,how can you still have a slave mentality in 2015....

any black-man or black-woman that still bows down to a white-jesus-christ is a SLAVE...
any black-man or black-woman that still thinks,their is nothing wrong with the white-race is tooooooooooooo stvpid....

that time,we had a good chance to become great,what is now....
look how the chinese got out of their misery...they denied the white-race,and only believed in them selfs...watch the video below;;; angry angry angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDa0gSuAcg

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by mmsen: 11:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Two terrible leaders.

Thatcher was responsible for a number of appalling policies - more than doubling sales tax; trying (and failing) to control money supply to stem inflation which in turn wiped out 1/5 UK's industrial base and doubled unemployment; then abolished credit controls so that national and personal debt levels grew to dangerous levels; implemented a poll tax; privatized integral utilities at a bargain, to cronies. She is also credited with wasting much of the money that the UK accrued from North Sea Oil so that by the end of the 1980s the UK was once again deep in recession.

As a result of her terrible policies there was much rioting and the crime rate doubled during her tenure.

This is a woman who was supportive of the apartheid regime in South Africa as well as the murderous General Pinochet in Chile. Meanwhile she referred to Nelson Mandela as a 'terrorist'. During Pinochet's era over 2000 people 'disappeared', over 30,000 were tortured and over 1000 were exiled.

And if you really wish for a reflection of how unpleasant a human being this lady was do some research on her children - Carol and Mark Thatcher. The daughter was sacked by the BBC for being an unapologetic bigot and the last we heard of her son he was being implicated in a botched/incompetent attempt to depose the leader of Equatorial Guinea in a coup.

I can't believe this crap is on the front page, this woman was horrendous. I was told that people in the UK celebrated her passing (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/08/margaret-thatcher-death-party-brixton-glasgow) and yet here you are lauding her. For what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:03am On Apr 05, 2015
APC wants to make lagos more beta place for lagosians but without the federal support, they cant do it alone. So now that they got federal support, lets support them to make lagos a better place. We should not go back to old times in lagos now that we have the chance.
Vote Ambode for governor.
Vote APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Nebila(f): 12:03am On Apr 05, 2015
U too na small pikin...quote me wrong*tongues out*
snowland:

Na small pikin you be be that... grin grin
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by MaxAngellyn: 12:06am On Apr 05, 2015
Simitrendy:

You no dey alive. You die Hahhahahshshhsshshshh
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by MAYOWAAK: 12:07am On Apr 05, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Abeg stop that lie. My dad travelled to the UK in 84 and he said he needed a visa. I'm sure we all know who was leader then

I stand by the year I quoted.Do not bring politics into this.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by SirMethod: 12:15am On Apr 05, 2015
otemanuduno:
Okay, seen

Jona is like the thief on the cross. When he saw that there is no way he could rig the election anymore, he quickly said, "Baba, I accepted defeat."

Jona is so clueless that he didn't know how to successfully rig an election, though he tried many methods, but they didn't work.
Even after Jonathan has left Aso Rock for you, you are still busy in nairaland spewing thrash. You wanted war but he gave you peace and unity. Think you fool!

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Misogynist2014(m): 12:34am On Apr 05, 2015
dipopooo:
Hmmmmm

Abeg who is lalasticlala?
Na all him topics dey make front page plus d one wey no make sense sef.
I racked my head for an hour, just to make the minutest of sense from this.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by mmsen: 12:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Caracta:

I like strong and powerful women. cheesy I don't think the world has given us another Thatcher. I like Hilary Clinton too and Condoleezza Rice cheesy

At least two of those are horrible examples.

One of them instituted a number of dreadful policies that culminated in the destruction of the industrial base of the UK and frittered way the proceeds of the oil money that the UK had (amongst other things) which vastly increased unemployment. I could go on - she really was awful.

The other worked for George W. Bush and lied to the US Congress regarding the presence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq which justified the US invasion, which lead to the Iraqi Civil War, which in turn lead to ISIS.

Hilary Clinton hasn't held power yet but the other two should be ashamed. If you speak to many Brits they will tell you that they are glad that Thatcher is dead.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by osazelee: 12:37am On Apr 05, 2015
you were DEAD?? Lol..... use d word exist
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by tsdarkside(m): 12:45am On Apr 05, 2015
lalasticlala

how dear you put this up,and call that white-dog lady,,, angry angry angry

i dont know who you are,and i dont care what you are... angry angry angry

I HATE EVERYTHING WHITE..ITS IN MY BONES...

their are so many black-queens,that fought for the black-race,and you bring white-dog....

were is queen nzinga...
were is Winnie Mandela...
were is Queen Amina...
were is Queen Tiye

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Moheat(m): 12:53am On Apr 05, 2015
otemanuduno:
Okay, seen

Jona is like the thief on the cross. When he saw that there is no way he could rig the election anymore, he quickly said, "Baba, I accepted defeat."

Jona is so clueless that he didn't know how to successfully rig an election, though he tried many methods, but they didn't work.

Dry joke!
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by themodernman: 12:53am On Apr 05, 2015
I thought they said its haram i.e Sin for a man to shake a woman in Islam...wetin Shagari they do so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Moheat(m): 1:00am On Apr 05, 2015
MAYOWAAK:
For posterity,it was Margaret Thatcher who in September 1986 introduced a visa policy for Nigerians travelling to the United Kingdom.Prior to then,all that was needed was transport fare.

Could this be true? please educate me the more. well, Iron Lady could be irrational at times.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by MAYOWAAK: 1:47am On Apr 05, 2015
Moheat:

Could this be true? please educate me the more. well, Iron Lady could be irrational at times.

You can confirm from those that were of age in the 1980's.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by rubii09: 6:50am On Apr 05, 2015
Etumgbe:
Lalasticlala abeg where u from dey fish out all these ur throwback pictures?
follow 'SeeMeSeeNigeria' on twitter
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by meforyou1(m): 6:53am On Apr 05, 2015
deebsman1:
at last I buy that land, after almost 8 yrs on Nairaland, just like baba Buhari grin .

na FTC I dey after,wetin concern me concern mama Charlie and Gowon.
Mama Charlie is queen Elizabeth
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by dipopooo(m): 7:54am On Apr 05, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I racked my head for an hour, just to make the minutest of sense from this.
You must be so dull.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Sacramento4real(m): 8:37am On Apr 05, 2015
Simitrendy:
You weren't born then,not you weren't alive.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by deebsman1(m): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2015
meforyou1:
Mama Charlie is queen Elizabeth
oh i dunno, i thought she's the queen Amina of Zaria
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by meforyou1(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2015
deebsman1:

oh i dunno, i thought she's the queen Amina of Zaria
it's not Queen Amina of Zaria, it's Queen Amina of Zazzau. Zaria is a town, Zazzau a kingdom. Product of War Criminal awolowo's half-baked free education.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by timunstopable: 10:28am On Apr 05, 2015
He is one of the MoDs on nairaland

I call this abuse of power

He pushes all his topics to Front page both even the ones that doesnt make any sense

anyh in this period of change .this must stop

dipopooo:
Hmmmmm

Abeg who is lalasticlala?
Na all him topics dey make front page plus d one wey no make sense sef.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by dipopooo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
timunstopable:
He is one of the MoDs on nairaland

I call this abuse of power

He pushes all his topics to Front page both even the ones that doesnt make any sense

anyh in this period of change .this must stop

I see
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by bewittuuuu: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ayanko:
I like her
U can marry her
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by deebsman1(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
meforyou1:
it's not Queen Amina of Zaria, it's Queen Amina of Zazzau. Zaria is a town, Zazzau a kingdom. Product of War Criminal awolowo's half-baked free education.

Pls how does that add your bank acct? thx baba Awo for making us half-baked and that's the reason why we are far far ahead of you nimcompops.
Re: Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 by Moheat(m): 12:12am On Apr 07, 2015
MAYOWAAK:

You can confirm from those that were of age in the 1980's.

You mean you were not of age? then why are you acting like someone born in the 70's?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Uju Rochas-Anwuka Appointed Board Member Of Federal College Of Education, Omoku / Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign Rally In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.