Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? (6706 Views)

Kidnapped Lawmaker’s Daughter Jessica Edionwele Found With Lover - ThisDay / Lagos State In Trouble... What Is Ambode Doing / Mama Peace In BIG Trouble!!! What Did She Do Again? U.S Moves To Impose Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by shift15(m): 11:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
When Ms. Jane Moloisi-Sithole, left her house on Tuesday morning, she must have looked into the mirror and felt satisfied in her new black gown. But little did the beautiful deputy leader of Mpumalanga legislature knew that her dress will cause her to be tagged ‘Prostitute’ on the floor of the parliament.

On Tuesday, Moloisi-Sithole colleagues in Mpumalanga provincial legislature were tasked with answering oral questions. One query was put regarding growing concern over the prevalence of drugs and prostitution in Witbank.

Debate on the issue started, but shortly afterwards, an ANC parliamentarian Vusimuzi Windvoël raised a point of order. He hinted that there was an MP present who was dressed like the people under discussion; that is the prostitutes.

Speaker Thandi Shongwe asked to whom he was referring. Windvoël replied that he meant DA Mpumalanga deputy leader Jane Moloisi-Sithole. Speaker Shongwe laughed, duly inspected Moloisi-Sithole – and then sided with the ANC MP.

She ordered members to dress "formally” and "traditional”, warning them against displays of cleavage. Addressing Moloisi-Sithole, the Speaker requested her to "put on your scarf”.

When DA leader in the legislature Anthony Benadie attempted to remonstrate with her, Speaker Shongwe replied that what Windvoël said was "proper”.

"I was expecting her to call [Windvoël] to order,” Moloisi-Sithole siad. "If the Speaker had objected [to my dress] from the beginning, maybe I would have thought she had a point.

Moloisi-Sithole says she found Shongwe’s response doubly confounding because on a previous occasion, Shongwe had instantly reprimanded an EFF MP who made an insulting comment about the dress of a female ANC MP.

"I was shocked by the response of the Speaker, to agree that I am dressed like a prostitute,” Moloisi-Sithole said. "I think her judgment got clouded completely. What is there to cover up?”

As you should be able to make out from the photograph, the dress that caused all the problems displays no cleavage.

http://believeafrica.net/this-dress-caused-south-african-lawmaker-trouble-what-is-wrong-with-the-dr-p457-108.htm

1 Share

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by major466(m): 11:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
I see nothing wrong with her dress. Some of the Mps are using the "Dress Code Saga" to nurse Personal Grudges against the young woman.

12 Likes

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Wendyslim(f): 11:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Perfect dress

7 Likes

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by leshluap(m): 12:45am On Apr 05, 2015
Brb
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by hardywaltz(m): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2015
Nothing wrong with the dress if you ask me....
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by LogicPower(m): 2:09am On Apr 05, 2015
This is a clear case of victimization.

Both the MP who described her as being 'dressed like a prostitute' and the speaker who "laughed, duly inspected Moloisi-Sithole – and then sided with the ANC MP." clearly wanted to sadistically put the lady to unjustifiable public ridicule.

The speaker and the other MP were like a gang-up of street bullies who picked a victim, tormented her and laughed as they watched their victim being humiliated.

They are just so pathetic, and I only wish that one day they would be subjected to worse public humiliation and ridicule in their life.

6 Likes

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Dibiachukwu: 2:26am On Apr 05, 2015
All black everything.

1 Like

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by cococandy(f): 2:43am On Apr 05, 2015
There are xtupid people everywhere.
Those who said that said such about her dress are perfect examples.
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by osamaBUSH(m): 3:57am On Apr 05, 2015
So even in SA ppl With baked brains dey legistilate And here I was thinkin Nija was in a league of its own undecided

6 Likes

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by mizjules(f): 4:34am On Apr 05, 2015
Pure beef... The dress is simple and nice. Too much arms though
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Ilekeh(f): 4:36am On Apr 05, 2015
LOL It's because she's black.

The same SA where young teenagers bare their chest to become the 100th wife for a tired old king?
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by luvmijeje(f): 5:04am On Apr 05, 2015
The dress is suited more to an informal than a formal setting......But I won't go that far to say she was dressed as a prostitute. This is not an indecent dressing but arguably it's an informal dressing. She should demand a public apology from them.

2 Likes

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:08am On Apr 05, 2015
major466:
I see nothing wrong with her dress. Some of the Mps are using the "Dress Code Saga" to nurse Personal Grudges against the young woman.

1 Like

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by angelTI(f): 5:14am On Apr 05, 2015
The accuser must have been beefing the accused. Old time grudge....
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 05, 2015
The size of her bre.ast is what distracted the randy MP. Bre.ast envy is what made the speaker to join issues.

1 Like

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by suwailad(f): 6:40am On Apr 05, 2015
there is nothing to talk about here

1 Like

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 05, 2015
They must be drunk to tag her a LovePeddler with this dress..

How do they expect her to dress,like a masquerade I guess..

Foolish people.

1 Like

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by donjuviam(m): 7:46am On Apr 05, 2015
This is just too perfect in the front view, but I don't no if the back is revealing her yansh.

Busy cooking my banga soup

1 Like

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by sinkhole: 7:51am On Apr 05, 2015
Her colleagues said the dress is a see-through type! When it was shown on TV I could not see through the dress, may be they can see through it live. Those who accused her are also blacks so there is no racial thing here, infact one of the white MPs was so furious at the allegation that he talked "Orubebe's style" to defend her!

2 Likes

Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by eightsin(m): 8:18am On Apr 05, 2015
Nothing wrong with the dress.. or maybe they want hijab
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by mikron(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2015
xenophobes
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Canme4u(m): 9:24am On Apr 05, 2015
eightsin:
Nothing wrong with the dress.. or maybe they want hijab

Can you as a class teacher wear that to school?
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by eightsin(m): 11:17am On Apr 05, 2015
Canme4u:

I'm guy. Nonetheless, I served in the north and saw so many female teachers wear that to work. It wasn't the agbada flowing kinda hijab though
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 05, 2015
mah kon dey go church joo
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by shift15(m): 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
penquin:
mah kon dey go church joo

YOu don come back from church....
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
shift15:

YOu don come back from church....
ah won just dey go ni
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by shift15(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
penquin:
ah won just dey go ni
Na night church you dey go?
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by cirmuell(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Honestly there's nothing wrong with this dress, dey get beef b4 I guess.
Re: This Dress Caused South African Lawmaker Trouble: What Is Wrong With The Dress? by cirmuell(m): 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
Canme4u:

Guy there's nothing wrong with that dress. undecided

Below is a class teacher in Nigeria, now compare the two.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2185794_bloggerimage1163062343_jpeg44b0f06dde8821ca3502de162801a263

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth Government Refuse To Tell You About MMM Founder, Sergey Mavrodi / BREAKING: Many Feared Dead As Explosion Rocks Catholic Church In Ondo (Graphic) / Touts On Edo Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.