Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,571 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:50 PM

An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ondo State, Dr. ‘segun Rahman Mimiko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ondo State, Dr. ‘segun Rahman Mimiko (958 Views)

Photos From Thanksgiving Of Fmr. Governor Of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan / Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Governor Of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Be Ministering At Today's Sabbath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ondo State, Dr. ‘segun Rahman Mimiko by OGBENIIFE: 11:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GOVERNOR OF ONDO STATE, DR. ‘SEGUN RAHMAN MIMIKO

GOVERNMENT HOUSE GROUND,

ALAGBAKA,

AKURE, ONDO STATE.

Sir,

BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE

As a well brought-up child whose love for the Yoruba philosophy (and core values) knows no bound, I shall be very lenient with my expression in this letter, considering most especially, the fact that you remain our father, the father of this state, therefore bear in mind, that the contents of this letter shall be intoned to suit a son-to-father conversation. It can be anticipated that as such, you shall put into consideration the content. Interestingly, this was the way Orunmila was said to have conversed with Olugbon and Aresa during the primitive age, consequently, their reign was said to have been significantly prosperous. King Herod was said to have despised the ‘word’ at the birth of Jesus, and history never forgave him. Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo, as well followed suit by putting the ‘word’ forward to President Jonathan, and of all the circumstances, it was those that were able to hearken to the ‘word’ that had their reign as being recorded as being significantly successful. And although, “my teeth I know are immature, if I should break with them kolanut, you can shun, But when I break with them arguments, give my stinking mouth a second thought…”

Initially this letter was meant to be written to the elected president, to congratulate him and express my anticipation for his government, but the stall in the economic growth, socio-political growth and other important aspects of the lives of the people of Ondo state, keeps knocking on the door of my subconscious, as such I am left with no other option than to raise my voice in solidarity with the people of the grassroots. Permit me to chip in here the fact that you wouldn’t have spent so much time and money during the campaign for Goodluck/Sambo’s quest, if your overall performance was rated by the citizens of the state as being satisfactory, in fact you wouldn’t have had to work tirelessly like you did prior to the general elections, your work would have simply spoken on your behalf.

Moreover, I was an initial follower of your political ideology (a followership which ended with the expiration of your first term in office), and as such, the bulk of the work lies upon us to put right, the misdeeds of somebody who was once regarded as our political mentor, and that makes the writing of this letter both timely and important.

I refuse to believe in insinuations that the defeat recorded by your political party in the last elections was as a result of some political miscalculation or your political adventures, because regardless of the political party or where you stand politically, what is important to us, at the grassroots is the efficient delivery of the dividends of democracy.

To whom much is given, much is expected, that accounts for the reason why, among other things some of us still stood by you at a time when the entire population seems to be against you, until we continued to hope and hope and hope in vain for a change in your administrative attitude…

Only if you shall hearken to the voice of the people at the grassroots, and create a distinct impression on the minds of the people, BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE, a lot can be salvaged, especially with respect to historical record about you, and life out-of-office. Although, I cannot say precisely, if that can tell on the outcome of the forthcoming state assembly elections, but in my opinion, that is simply irreparable.

The youths are demanding for the revitalization of the moribund industries in the state to create employment for them. They are requesting that the energy still bustling in them be utilized profitably, before it becomes diverted into futile adventures, They are demanding for a fair treatment as against the oppression which has become the order of the day, with regards to the armed men who have taken to the streets to embarrass both the innocent and the culpable, all this they demand, BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE.

The civil servants are asking for the payment of their salaries as at when due, with the inclusion of their welfare packages, the entrepreneurs are demanding for an enabling environment that would make their businesses thrive, as opposed to your exorbitant tax schemes. Farmers, and artisans are demanding for an improved credit facilities to create motivation which will in turn increase yield. The average citizen of the state is demanding for his share of the commonwealth in terms of provision of basic amenities. All this we are demanding BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE.

Permit me to end this letter by reminding you that the past is not as important as the present as it can never be mended. The important thing is posterity, and in a hope to be vindicated by posterity, I will suggest that you do what is right and best for the people of Ondo state, BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE.

ORIMOLOYE, Ifeoluwa is the National public relations officer of the National Association of Akure Students.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ondo State, Dr. ‘segun Rahman Mimiko by lafex: 11:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
K I will submit ur letter as addressed

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Governor Of Ondo State, Dr. ‘segun Rahman Mimiko by leshluap(m): 12:12am On Apr 05, 2015
Well done bro,, let him who have ear hear.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Igbo Market Leaders In Lagos Meet With Ambode, Supports Him Also / Breaking:ondo State House Of Assembly Serves Deputy Governor Impeachment / Where Is Pej???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.