Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect (43215 Views)

Fayose In Certificate Mess.. EFCC Writes INEC / Kogi 2015: Faleke Writes Oyegun, Rejects Yahaya Bello As Audu's Replacement / “i’m Kogi’s Governor-elect,” Audu’s Running Mate, James Falake, Writes INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by seunmsg(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
I am Kogi State Governor-elect.

.......James Faleke

The running mate to late Abubakar Audu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Saturday’s governorship election in Kogi State, has asked the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to declare him governor elect.

James Faleke, in a November 26 letter to INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, insisted that under Section 187 of the 1999 Constitution, he was duly elected as deputy governor of Kogi State.

While expressing sadness over the demise of his principal, Abubakar Audu, the deputy governorship candidate said INEC had no right under the law to declare the election inconclusive.
He accused INEC of deliberately creating what he called “legal conundrum” and urged the APC not to be a party to the action.

“In law and logic, no new candidate can inherit or be a beneficiary of the votes already cast, counted and declared by INEC before that candidate was nominated and purportedly sponsored,” Mr. Faleke wrote through his counsel, Wole Olanipekun.

“Assuming without conceding that INEC is even right to order a supplementary election, the votes already cast, counted and declared on Saturday, 25th November 2015, were votes for the joint constitutional ticket of Prince Abubakar Audu and our client.

“Therefore, no new or ‘supplementary’ candidate can hijack, aggregate, appropriate or inherit the said votes.”

In another letter to APC Chairman, John Oyegun, Mr. Faleke urged his party to distance itself from the “Greek Gift” being offered to it to nominate a new candidate for a planned supplementary election in 91 polling units.

He said the election had already being won and lost, and that the party should rather support him in actualizing the mandate already given to APC and its candidates.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193972-im-kogis-governor-elect-audus-running-mate-james-falake-writes-inec.html

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by seunmsg(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
Good to see that Hon. Faleke has decided to fight for what rightfully belongs to him. Any attempt to bring in another candidate at this point in time will not only be illegal, but unjust and immoral. We must learn to do things right all the time no matter the situation or circumstance. APC leadership better be properly guided.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Alphaoscar: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2015
I said it that their will be lots of litigations on this issue and at the end of the day both the APC planned primary and the scheduled DEC 5 supplementary election may not hold.

Wada is already in court

Yahaya bello is in court

Faleke is in court

Audu's son will soon be in court

PDP will go to court

APC will go to court

Every living soul in Kogi will go to court on this matter.

301 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
let thr be fight in the devil's camp, amen.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by suxkill: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hahahaha!!!

Game of throne!!!

Season............

APC=dubious party!!!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by OlujobaSamuel: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
the AGF goofed on this issue, he should have requested for a judicial interpretation from Supreme court, this would have prevented series of litigation that will cost the nation more.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by seunmsg(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
let thr be fight in the devil's camp, amen.

It is not a fight. It's about asking for what is legally his.

10 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by damton(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
The death of Audu the Apc candidate exposes a huge lacuna in our Constitution

You begin to wonder how the Court would interpret the law when they themselve (court) would fall back on the constitution for guidance.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Oloshi...na so governor dey come cheap? I go write INEC too. I'm the governor elect.

21 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by worlexy(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Fuji APC house of commotion

14 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by looseweight: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Welcome to kogis state

Do you care to loose that tummy fat, click my profile
Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Ephemmm: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Good! Even Metuh will fight for himself if he is in the same shoe tongue tongue tongue

But to be candid, I think he is the rightful owner of the mandate after the death of Audu. Whether elected or electing, the position of Deputy is constitutionally reserved whether at Federal, State or Local government level to cater for emergency like this.

Out of 3 boys that are running relay-race when representing their school, 2 fainted: whether the fainted ones survive the predicament or not, the fact is that the living one would collect the benefit/gift given to the school(APC) they represented tongue tongue tongue.

Therefore, APC should not practice ojoro oooooo cos it may backfire.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by McBrooklyn(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yeah! He Should Be!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Gboliwe: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
This isn't common sense. I hope they don't kill him off.

4 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by MEILYN(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
I am from Kogi State and I happen to be an Igala man. I don't see anything wrong with Faleke becoming the Governor of Lagos state. They should better give him what he owns and stop this ridiculously planned tactics to sideline him.

Top 10 Most Educated Presidents In Africa, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>www.intensetalk.com

12 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
The closest association I want with Politics is me fvcking A Politician's daughter or Wife or a Sugar mummy. Its too risky lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by tunjijones(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
With this his attitude one wld tink he has a hand in d death of Audu. Anyway I knw there wld be plenty court case in this kogi state stuff. Iheard Audu is a bad man.
My take on this is that the best person shd occupy that seat.

Let the game begin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
End time ......

2 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by timilehing(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
Faleke, I'm begging you to stick with deputy governor's post.

The witches & wizards that visited Audu are still very much around.

It's better to be a living Deputy than being a dead Governor elect

7 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by tuoyoojo(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Na wa

I jus hope say dem nor go bluetooth ,kill dem themselves finish
Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by chesterlee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Niqqa pls.....

This Tinubu stooge should go and rest abeg!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
it seems kogi just dont want a yoruba governor.

10 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yes, Hon James Faleke, you are the Incoming Governor of Kogi state whether any cabal like it or not. The law is behind you! But DON'T fail your people..

27 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Ekpekus(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Issues!!

1 Like

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Abayhormy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
right thing to do!
Are Okun Yorubas not bonafide Indegenes of Kogi State ??
What qualifies an Igala man to rule in Kogi also qualifies an Okun(Yoruba) man, and an Ebira man ! with this attitude in this country of some ethnicity feeling arrogantly superior and showing lack of acceptance nor recognition of other indigenes , I laugh at the believe that we are standing United as a country!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by omusiliyu(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Is he sick?

[size=30pt]END TIME POLITICIAN[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by tbaba1234: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
APC should have gone to the Supreme court for interpretation.... They are just living room for litigation.

3 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by tomdon(m): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
agreed
Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by NOBODYY: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
lildrop:
End time ......

5 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Franzinni: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
If they work another Audu in ... The case will be like father...like son.

1 Like

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Truthhurtss: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
looool

When you think you’ve heard it all more twist keeps coming up.

If care is not taken this could destroy Kogi APC

The death of AUDU is the End of APC

Quote me Anywhere

4 Likes

Re: Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2015
Faleke shud put up a fight o.
Thats his rightful place ooooo
#FalekeWeKnow

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo With His Bicycle Near His Farm In Ota (Throwback Photo) / Sadiya Umar Debunks Marriage Rumour / Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.