Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result (4616 Views)

Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 3 / Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 2 / Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by semasir: 12:01am On Apr 05, 2015
Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, has exonerated President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan from the various rumours making the rounds that the president had put pressure on him to act in his favour during the elections

Jega who is leaving office June this year made this known yesterday in the morning programme of Hausa service of Voice of America,VOA, while being interviewed on whether or not he was ever lobbied by the president to act in his favour.

He emphasized that ‘all the allegations that Jonathan had put so much pressure on me was not true’, adding that such attempt to compromise him had never taken place anywhere.

Instead, the INEC boss clarified that since he became the chairman of the commission, all the money he requested from the president were given to him completely.

Recall that there were pre-election accusations of plot by Jega to rig the elections.Whlie series of groups and some opposition parties raised allegations of plots by the outgoing President, Goodluck Jonathan to compromise the INEC boss, the ruling party, PDP, also accused him of planning to rig the elections in favour of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

However, the INEC had dismissed the allegations that were widely published in some national dailies, not Peoples Daily.

A front page advertorial by a group described by Jega as faceless in some National Newspapers alleged a plot by the Chairman of the Commission to rig the 2015 general elections. The group cited the constitution of a presidential election result collation committee by the INEC Chairman as the basis for its allegation that a plot to rig the election has been hatched.

Although INEC, described the allegations as total falsehood and baseless, there were growing concerns surrounding them.

The Commission affirmed that the allegation to manipulate or rig the election is completely false and baseless.

INEC said that the Chairman of the Commission as the Chief Electoral Commissioner of Nigeria and the Returning Officer of the presidential election, has statutory and legal powers to constitute administrative committee(s) to facilitate the performance of his duties. The constitution of an in-house committee to assist in the collation process after the presidential election is purely an administrative arrangement to assist the Chairman. Members of the committee are officials of the Commission. They work as professionals and non-partisan technocrats and have sworn to the oath of neutrality in the execution of their official duties. They are drawn from the Operations, ICT and Legal departments of the Commission as well as the Office of the Chairman. This arrangement is not new and was the same as during the 2011 general elections.

However, the INEC boss has finally laid the matter to rest days after he announced the results of the presidential election, affirming that there were no attempt to compromise him on the elections.

Credits: http://www.newspunch.org/jega-what-president-jonathan-asks-me-to-do-about-poll-result/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by DebateNigeria: 12:18am On Apr 05, 2015
GEJ, Nigeria's greatest democrat

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Reediano(m): 12:20am On Apr 05, 2015
Hmmm...

Naija

2 Likes

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Splashme: 12:22am On Apr 05, 2015
[size=15pt]That useless APC sponsored group
that calls itself 'newspunch'
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Raikishi(m): 12:52am On Apr 05, 2015
Great? Yes! But not Greatest!!!

DebateNigeria:

2 Likes

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by eleko1: 1:20am On Apr 05, 2015
Make una free the man biko.We don Pursue am comot from Aso rock,free Him from Useless/baseless talk.Happy Easter to all wink cool
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by osamaBUSH(m): 4:02am On Apr 05, 2015
sad angry sad angry sad angry
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by VickyRotex(f): 6:39am On Apr 05, 2015
Kaiiii... Op, this your topic sef. Just to get attention. tongue

Anyways, who has seen my Easter Bunny sad cheesy cool
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by VickyRotex(f): 6:40am On Apr 05, 2015
eleko1:
Make una free the man biko.We don Pursue am comot from Aso rock,free Him from Useless/baseless talk.Happy Easter to all wink cool

Happy Easter Eleko....

Where my eko for Easter undecided embarassed

1 Like

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by eleko1: 7:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Hapi Easter oooo IYA Landlady.May the Power in the Blood of JESUS speak/Ansa for U today.
VickyRotex:

Happy Easter Eleko....

Where my eko for Easter undecided embarassed
Nor wori,make I go Sosi come back cool wink
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by DaGC(m): 7:03am On Apr 05, 2015
Hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by ceemac: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2015
GEJ put pressure He no put pressure... How that one take affect handing over to Buhari... Another story please....

1 Like

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by donjuviam(m): 7:37am On Apr 05, 2015
Thank God say today na easter sunday, I would have cause something tragic on this trend. Btw busy cooking my banga soup
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by VickyRotex(f): 7:54am On Apr 05, 2015
eleko1:
Hapi Easter oooo IYA Landlady.May the Power in the Blood of JESUS speak/Ansa for U today.Nor wori,make I go Sosi come back cool wink

cheesy cheesy Aminnnnnn... And you too... cool

I don dey go Sosi too.. Make I meet my eko when I return o. tongue grin grin
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by olas24u(f): 8:02am On Apr 05, 2015
DebateNigeria:

grin Demo wetin ?demonstration of craze.
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Jman06(m): 8:03am On Apr 05, 2015
Op, kindly push this thread to the front page!
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Lordtrillion(m): 8:21am On Apr 05, 2015
OK, checkout our Easter Special Price for Mtn data. Get 1GIG @ N1,000. Offer valid until 06/04/2015 23:59

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by seunfly: 8:27am On Apr 05, 2015
Splashme:
[size=15pt]That useless APC sponsored group
that calls itself 'newspunch'
[/size]

What about the useless PDP sponsored vanguard, thisday, AIT, NTA, and majority of the media both at national level and state level.

Even useless pa Clark and co even made this allegation and useless Taniod on Nairaland sang Jega is a devil like national anthem.
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by swtdrms(m): 8:30am On Apr 05, 2015
We agree Jega is basically painting Mr outing going president as a good man, but saying he didn't put pressure on him, dat one na lie.

No b ds same President and em cabinet blackmailed and pressurised Jega to postpone the election?

No b ds same president's party blackmailed him on the use of card reader with all sorts of wild allegations?

No b ds same president's use d DSS to arrest and intimidate the contractor who supplied card reader?

If the president can do all of these, how can we then believe Jega wasn't pressurised nor threatened towards jettisoning free and credible election.

Jega had to protect the president's image since he had done the honourable thing, assuming the president had formented any trouble? Jega wouldnt have any option than to expose to the world all the pressures the president had made him go through
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by sanandreas(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2015
Jega is truly my man of the year. Look at the way he spoke to orubebe. His SI unit is calm.
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2015
Our company "Student Works"is a UK based
educational agency that provides services to
students coming to the UK & USA for educational
purposes, work programs or to live here.
The services we provide are as follows
*English Courses
*Exam preparation courses
*University studies
*Short summer courses
*Unpaid work programs
*Paid programs
*Host family accommodation
*Student accommodation.
We work and represent many
schools,colleges,Universities, businesses and
landlords in the UK.
If you are interested or need further enquiries,
please contact
rowlandjumbo@gmail.com
Please Application forms are free.
Thank You.All our services are free of charge.We
don't collect a dime from prospective student
because we get our commissions from our clients
(Schools).
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by semasir: 9:44am On Apr 05, 2015
grin you don vex ni
VickyRotex:
Kaiiii... Op, this your topic sef. Just to get attention. tongue

Anyways, who has seen my Easter Bunny sad cheesy cool
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by Stellaodoni1(f): 10:03am On Apr 05, 2015
GEJ will be the best loved president ever

www.stellaodoni.com
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by rusher14: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2015
We won't take it!

We can't take it!

Jega is a tribalist.!!

Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by VickyRotex(f): 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
semasir:
grin you don vex ni

cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: See What President Jonathan Asked Jega To Do About Election Result by semasir: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Airforce Killed 350 In Akwaibom / See The Signposts Fayose Put On Ekiti Highways / Senate Presidency: PDP Torn Between Ndume/ekweremadu And Lawan/ekweremadu Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.