Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,905 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu (5107 Views)

Unfounded Speculations About Buhari’s Health Should Stop – Tinubu / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / Nigerian VP Yemi Osinbajo Barred From First Buhari's National Security Briefing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Jman06(m): 8:16am On Apr 05, 2015
aanumama:
Honestly I still don't get people's heartache over Tinubu!
A lot will die from HBP because of asiwaju's matter.
All I know is corrupt politicians must give account and answer to their wrong doing.
GEJ inclusive.
Tinubu,fashola, Amaechi, Ngige all inclusive!
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by charles316: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2015
whitecat1:
All of you pdp cowards who are hiding under new monikers and shouting Tinubu can't be taking seriously cos you are still groaning from your loss and looking for ways to get back at Apc. Sorry you won't be heard. We know your antics and nothing this administration would do will be good enough for you guys, Buhari and his handlers know this and will ignore all your staged inputs.

Lol. I am for change. Do you seriously want GMB to probe some people and leave others?
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by sherrylo: 8:19am On Apr 05, 2015
HBP everywhere because of Jagaban bogu.

Asiwaju nothing do you carry go omo olope.

3 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Borderless: 8:38am On Apr 05, 2015
Why will Buhari need Tinubu in 2019 if truly our votes count? Need him for what: Propaganda or To Rig? Smh in Swahili.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by chacoonder(m): 8:41am On Apr 05, 2015
zomby:
The only way Buhari will be taken seriously is to stop Tinubu right away.
Tinubu has had enough, he has done more than enough... It is now time for Nigerians to take back their country and mold a better future for many more generations.

Buhari must not entertain Tinubu under any circumstances...
This is the only way our votes will surely count.
This is the only way Buhari will be respected in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

I hope Osibanjo stays focus and be loyal to his boss ( Buhari), and don't allow same old Tinubu's trick brings him down just like many others.

Nigeria is our country, Nobody is bigger than Nigeria. Stopping people like Tinubu right away will only allow Nigeria to get to the top faster.

We want our votes to count, BUHARI MUST STOP TINUBU TODAY!!!...tomorrow is too late.

Sai Buhari
Why can't you people just leave Tinubu alone for God sake??..ehn..You've terminated your contract with TAN,now Bode George is your new slave master.But let me tell you something "whatever hand a banana lifts,it trounces itself with it".

3 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by omonnakoda: 8:44am On Apr 05, 2015
I am sure that if the FG adopts the alpha beta model it will not need oil revenues to run this country in 1999 IGR in Lagos State was 500 million monthly today it is 20 billion. I believe even more can be achieved by the FG especially from the Customs. One way Lagos State achieved this is to block leakages . However I think the alpha beta model should be open to other companies not just Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by dayodare490: 9:03am On Apr 05, 2015
zomby:
Tinubu has had enough, he has done more than enough... It is now time for Nigerians to take back their country and mold a better future for many more generations.

I hope Osibanjo stays focus and be loyal to his boss ( Buhari), and don't allow same old Tinubu's trick brings him down just like many others.

Nigeria is our country, Nobody is bigger than Nigeria. Stopping people like Tinubu right away will only allow Nigeria to get to the top faster.

We want our votes to count, BUHARI MUST STOP TINUBU TODAY!!!...tomorrow is too late.

Sai Buhari
What are you talking about? So you mean he should automatically turn tinubu to his enemy after he ushered into power? Anyway, his close allies have already advised on that. However, that is general's way of leadership

1 Like

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by juman(m): 9:06am On Apr 05, 2015
dammytosh:
Stop Tinubu from ?

I also do not understand the man. Stopping tinubu from what?
pdp wants to destabilize apc by causing rift among apc stakeholders.

Tinubu is a brand name represented by that man bola tinubu. He stands for interest of so many of them.

This country has two ways to get out from the hand of the devilish pdp, either by the coming together of the similar corrupt leaders but with the mind to put the things straight or through violent revolution by the masses.

So now there is apc coalition that won and said they are trying to build new nigeria, hope it is so.

3 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by dayodare490: 9:12am On Apr 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
You think Buhari isn't aware that they are corrupt people in his government? This would solve the problem;
He was probably thinking of the hawks in his government when he said this, Buhari is a wise man! Wait as time unfolds, most people would be disappointed but he just have to deal with corruption.
Buhari doesn't go after some because the person is currupt. He goes after those that are not from north.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by juman(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2015
Buhari should not listen to those people that want to destroy his party.

4 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by whitecat1: 9:23am On Apr 05, 2015
Still on handover thing! He can only prob people who stole! Obj answered to Yar'adua/Jonathan and it's time for Jonathan's administration to answer to Buhari. Fasola already cleared Tinubu!
charles316:

Lol. I am for change. Do you seriously want GMB to probe some people and leave others?
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by pazienza(m): 9:25am On Apr 05, 2015
dammytosh:
Stop Tinubu from ?

Same way you people advised GEJ to stop Obasanjo.

Tinubu has the senate, house of rep, the judiciary, all states in south west.

Why bother stopping him ? Stop him now until he needs his help again.

Tinubu sacrificed his ACN structure to pave way for Buhari to come in.

As much as I don't like Tinubu, stopping him is not an option

Buhari won't need Tinubu help come 2019. SW is a minority, all Buhari need to do is woo the SE/SS, by providing more infrastructure for the zone, replacing Osibanjo with a SS/SE man, and Tinubu becomes history, as SW votes would amount to nothing. I am sure the SS/SE will be more than happy to spite Tinubu and SW. And I am sure Buhari is well aware of this.

So, if I were Tinubu, I would keep my kleptomaniac side in check at the FG level and just concentrate on milking Lagos and SW as usual, I am sure the General won't mind.

1 Like

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by adaweezy(m): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2015
pazienza:

Buhari won't need Tinubu help come 2019. SW is a minority, all Buhari need to do is woo the SE/SS, by providing more infrastructure for the zone, replacing Osibanjo with a SS/SE man, and Tinubu becomes history, as SW votes would amount to nothing. I am sure the SS/SE will be more than happy to spite Tinubu and SW. And I am sure Buhari is well aware of this.

So, if I were Tinubu, I would keep my kleptomaniac side in check at the FG level and just concentrate on milking Lagos and SW as usual, I am sure the gGeneral won't mind.
If tinubu is corrupt why didn't his enemy Goodluck Jonathan and the the pdp prosecute him?

3 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by OrigamiIII: 9:39am On Apr 05, 2015
I am very certain you are one of those that never wished buhari victory during so its convenient for you to encourage him to be ungrateful to people that helped him against all odds to get to where he is.
I am very certain also that you're from the SE and you harbour a very deep hatred for Tinubu without cause. We still remember what Arthur Eze said during the anambra guber elections campaign. What you guys seem to forget is the fact that the average new generation yoruba people loves tinubu, trust and expects him to lead the odua race politically. Stop speaking against him otherwise it would be given the interpretation you may not intend. Tinubu has proven beyond doubt that he is the leader we hope on. Not people like Bode George, Mimiko, Fayose, Gani Adams, Fasheun, Akinjide and Ayo Adebanjo etc.These are betraying lots that would never serve the interest of the yorubas.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Lucasbalo(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2015
seunlayi:
can he stop the dinner that feeds him? that is a question for time to answer. I am patiently waiting to see where it ends
Yes he can. If not, he will end up like GEJ. Nigerians are tired of all this corrupt politicians.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
You think Buhari isn't aware that they are corrupt people in his government? This would solve the problem;
He was probably thinking of the hawks in his government when he said this, Buhari is a wise man! Wait as time unfolds, most people would be disappointed but he just have to deal with corruption.
He is wise indeed. But I would prefer he sends a bill to the National Assembly to merge the ICPC and the EFCC. Enough with the duplication of functions.

2 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by pazienza(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2015
adaweezy:

If tinubu is corrupt why didn't his enemy Goodluck Jonathan and the the pdp prosecute him?

GEJ never saw Tinubu as an enemy, just as a political opponent, that's the nature of the man. Remember that it was Tinubu that delivered SW votes for him in 2011.

1 Like

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by dotreal4life: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2015
Eshinwaju:
How can you stop a legend and the most gifted politician in Nigerian Nigerians just hate sucessful people like....Tiñubu.. cool

Thank you folk. It is either some people do not have someone as politically gifted as Jagaban in their tribe or in their party that is giving them headache. In the politics of today, Jagaban is a polical Think Tank, so any tribe, region, or party that has him should treasure him dearly. Jagaban cannot be ignored because he knows what he wants and he knows how to get them.
You think he is a fool for PICKING Buhari to run has presidential candidate?
You think he does not know what he was doing when he GAVE HOA Speaker's position to Tambowai?

OP you are a political rookie and you need to learn fast. You need to enrol in Jagaban school of strategic thinking.

FYI, Jagaban made all the appointments, nominations, consultations and party structure that led to the success of this great party APC. Now tell me, how can GMB do without such person?

Buhari is and will remain a General, but Jagaban is the democratic half of GMB that made him complete.

In conclusion, POLITICS IS A DIRTY GAME, AND JAGABAN IS SUITABLY AND STRATEGICALLY MUDDY ENOUGH TO HAVE IN ANY WINNING TEAM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Generalkorex(m): 9:48am On Apr 05, 2015
dammytosh:
N

The sincere question you should ask yourself is that :

Did Tinubu stop Fashola from doing his job ?

Politics is about interest and I am dead sure Buhari will protect Tinubu's interest.

I am in no way saying he should not be prosecuted if found corrupt but I doubt if he will have a problem if he was anti Obasanjo for 8 years as Lagos Governor and nothing happened to him.
I support you sir
Tinubu serves as shield to Fashola so he wasn't distracted.
No need of stoping tinubu.
He should just stand as shield to buhari against opposition to they won't distract buhari attention.
This help fashola to delivered.
Buhari should nt allow tinubu to interfare much into the government affairs much

1 Like

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by RomanceLander(f): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2015
Please this tinubu of a man, what are his offenses .
Seems he doesn't have only one
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by tmotmo: 10:29am On Apr 05, 2015
What is actually happening on this thread?
How can there be many intelligent discussion based on hearsay or mere dislike for the person of Asiwaju.
The fact is that you don't need to like all people, but calling Tinubu a Thief was concocted just like certificateless Buhari and fake pastor Osinbajo were.

Envy is the art of counting the other fellow's blessings instead of your own. ~Harold Coffin

If actually, Asiwaju was a thief or whatever they called him as against what he actually stands for because of "the enemy" misgivings toward his been a successful business person and political icon in his own stand in the history of Nigeria, we should ask ourselves or provide answers to the following:

(a) Why is it that the company he owns (ALPHABETA) and been alleged as the conduit for Tinubu financial malpractices is not only consulting and acting as Internal Generated Revenue agents for some APC controlled states, but also some PDP controlled states? (If you are confused, do a research on this)

(b) If for 8 years under the Obasanjo Presidency when there were discriminating EFCC prosecutions against opposition, and despite the obvious in the relation between Pres Obasanjo and Tinubu, do you think the needful wouldn't have been done?

(c) Why? if as we speak now, Femi Fani-kayode the Director of Information for President Jonathan is still having a pending EFCC case to answer, did Government of PDP who has the apparatus to investigate Tinubu will not do so, knowing fully well that this is the man that built a formidable opposition to the ruling party?

(d) Why do you think the most important thing (as you tagged the topic, FIRST THING FIRST) is to stop Tinubu and not institutionalizing/overhauling the core principles/practices of Anti-corruption models we have in the country; where nobody will be above the law including the President, his family, his business and political associates and party members?

(e) This Tinubu, that Tinubu, here Tinubu, there Tinubu, why is it so difficult for you guys to leave the methods you employed during the campaign period that led to your failure. It is been said "that you can do things same way and expect a different result".

Personally, I believe the PDP losers should be nursing their wounds and re-strategise to give a good fight to APC to have check and balances in Government than focusing on the looting dreams that could not be realized any longer, because Nigerians have rejected looting and other forms corruption they stood for and wanted to last for 60years.

Like someone said on another thread of this Forum, if the PDP plan A (PDP must win at all cost) and Plan B (Buhari should not be declared winner) have failed,

Then we all need to continue our struggle for true democracy with prayer and hard work, because PDP Plan C (Buhari will not be sworn in) should be taken serious and the security of President-Elect (Buhari) is more important now than ever for Nigerian and Nigerians that choosed him to lead them in the next four years.

Last PDP Plan D (form a strong opposition to APC) should be a welcome idea if based on principles that could be sold to Nigerians for adoption and due electoral process followed, because in such a political environment, the ordinary people will be winners.

Please Let Asiwaju Tinubu be!!!!!!!!!

All we should hope for in the Buhari led Government is the improvement for all Nigerians irrespective of tribe and religion, either from Cursed oil producing states or not. He should be for all.

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. ~William Penn, Some Fruits of Solitude, 1693

SAI Baba, Be the Unifier and not divisor cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sai GMB/PYO, please make use of patrotic economist/business gurus and sincere technocrats than be expecting foreign revenue FDI from Nollywood shocked shocked shocked

Goodluck (not GEJ) Nigerians
God Bless Nigeria
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by kosovo(m): 10:39am On Apr 05, 2015
adaweezy:

So many opposition parties have won governorship seat in different states.. Have you ever heard an opposition governor probing his predecessor?

You still don't understand this country.. You guys can keep screaming.. For me, I know APC is PDP and PDP is APC.

They would be massive deflection and all that.. Even in extreme cases, where deflection doesn't happen. It's nearly impossible to probe a predecessor in Nigeria.. Because of higher powers.

The case of Edo State and Ekiti State is an example. Governor Oshiomole threatened to change the whole system. He never tried to open the books of Lucky Igbenedion because his father is a man, who from a single phone call can summon as much as 34 ambassadors to a mere birthday party. His influence knows no bound.

Looking at things from the common man perspective is okay. However, we are very far from such system in Nigeria. For anyone to believe that Tinubu and GEJ are worse enemies must be deceiving himself.

There was a report that Oshiomole would insult Anenih in the day, and run back to Anenih in the night to drink beer with with him. There is more to see than the eyes.

We just hope for the best.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by thunderrider: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2015
Tinubu, Amaechi and Atiku are my fears for the party

1 Like

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by charles316: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2015
whitecat1:
Still on handover thing! He can only prob people who stole! Obj answered to Yar'adua/Jonathan and it's time for Jonathan's administration to answer to Buhari. Fasola already cleared Tinubu!

Those guys you mentioned cleared their godfathers.

Anyway, I will be happy if the loot can be returned to the nation's account. But buhari must not be selective in his anti- corruption crusade.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On Apr 05, 2015
dammytosh:

You have not answered my question.

Stop Tinubu from what exactly ?

I will appreciate facts not hear say.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by adaweezy(m): 10:53am On Apr 05, 2015
pazienza:

GEJ never saw Tinubu as an enemy, just as a political opponent, that's the nature of the man. Remember that it was Tinubu that delivered SW votes for him in 2011.
Whelp didn't he prosecute his political opponent of he is actually corrupt

1 Like

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 05, 2015
OrigamiIII:
I am very certain you are one of those that never wished buhari victory during so its convenient for you to encourage him to be ungrateful to people that helped him against all odds to get to where he is.
I am very certain also that you're from the SE and you harbour a very deep hatred for Tinubu without cause. We still remember what Arthur Eze said during the anambra guber elections campaign. What you guys seem to forget is the fact that the average new generation yoruba people loves tinubu, trust and expects him to lead the odua race politically. Stop speaking against him otherwise it would be given the interpretation you may not intend. Tinubu has proven beyond doubt that he is the leader we hope on. Not people like Bode George, Mimiko, Fayose, Gani Adams, Fasheun, Akinjide and Ayo Adebanjo etc.These are betraying lots that would never serve the interest of the yorubas.
Which average south western are u referring to? Definitely am not one of them..
I dislike Tinubu because of his greedy nature, apart from some mischievous propaganda by the PDP, U and I know Tinubu cannot be trusted..He successfully handicapped Fashola's second tenure, the reason he replaced an ever performing Adebisi Sarah Sosan(Former deputy gov to BRF) is still suprising, he used Ikuforiji and His colleagues in LSHA to compel obedience from the Governor..Anyway, i believe for Gen Buhari to have a Successful govt the excesses of Tinubu should be adequately checked..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 05, 2015
adaweezy:

Whelp didn't he prosecute his political opponent of he is actually corrupt
Jonathan's govt is corrupt and he knows that, he probably afraid.
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Raiders: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2015
dammytosh:
Stop Tinubu from ?

Same way you people advised GEJ to stop Obasanjo.

Tinubu has the senate, house of rep, the judiciary, all states in south west.

Why bother stopping him ? Stop him now until he needs his help again.

Tinubu sacrificed his ACN structure to pave way for Buhari to come in.

As much as I don't like Tinubu, stopping him is not an option
I agree with some of your points. I don't really see Tinubu interfering with Buhari government because he knows Buhari level is above him. Tinubu will just play a role as party leader and will not be invovle in the running of the government like a god father. Buhari is not Fashola that Tinubu can control

2 Likes

Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Raiders: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2015
olatunji21:

Which average south western are u referring to? Definitely am not one of them..
I dislike Tinubu because of his greedy nature, apart from some mischievous propaganda by the PDP, U and I know Tinubu cannot be trusted..He successfully handicapped Fashola's second tenure, the reason he replaced an ever performing Adebisi Sarah Sosan(Former deputy gov to BRF) is still suprising, he used Ikuforiji and His colleagues in LSHA to compel obedience from the Governor..Anyway, i believe for Gen Buhari to have a Successful govt the excesses of Tinubu should be adequately checked..
Buhari is not Fashola that Tinubu can control. Buhari and Tinubu are on 2 different levels. I think Tinubu will respect himself and not interfer with Buhari government
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by adaweezy(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2015
zomby:

Sai Buhari
probing or prosecuting Tinubu for the alleged corruption is not and will never be the yard-stick to measure the anti-corruption crusade of GMB.
if GEJ/PDP would not do it despite Tinubu being a torn in their cancerous flesh, why should GMB do it when there seem not to be evidence to back the perennial phantom allegation of fraud against him.
You where never pro buhari
Re: First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu by Afroconnect: 11:04am On Apr 05, 2015
Supported...I keep telling people that the people to save Naija are the free-born,non aligned and revolutionary youths-we must not leave the slaves and ass lickers to decide the fate of our Nation.

I voted for Buhari not APC,political parties are like organised crime syndicates-Public enemies number one. If Buhari does not rein in on Tinubu then we will castigate him like we did the last mediocre president.

F-ck the political parties they are the evil cbal,let's support noble men to power...independent candidates should arise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?... / Photo: Is This The Future Nigeria Holds For Igbos? / What's Stopping Yorubas From Developing Other States Like They Developed Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.