Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? (1392 Views)

Pics Of Sports Minister Dalung Jumping Up In Brazil As Nigeria Scored Last Night / The Secrets Of Sports Betting Business That Nobody Else Will Tell You / Osinbanjo To Be Minister Of Sport ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by maclatunji: 10:53am On Apr 05, 2015
Sports has many positive effects in any society such as: entertainment, employment for those who participate in as well as those that facilitate it, promoting a fitter and healthier population and social cohesion.

Sadly, over the decades, sports has not been given the required recognition, management and investment it requires to deliver the aforementioned benefits to Nigerians. Many ministers of sports have been 'ministers of football' that have failed to develop even this sport.

Nigeria requires a minister that will orchestrate the development of sports like athletics, basketball, volleyball, handball, hockey,cricket amateur wrestling, martial arts and so on in terms of infrastructure, training, funding and administration. This is part of the change we are clamouring for.

Who do you think is the man that is qualified to deliver these results in the government to be formed by President-elect Muhammadu Buhari?.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by nairaimporter: 11:04am On Apr 05, 2015
maclatunji:
Sports has many positive effects in any society such as: entertainment, employment for those who participate in as well as those that facilitate it, promoting a fitter and healthier population and social cohesion.
Sadly, over the decades, sports has not been given the required recognition, management and investment it requires to deliver the aforementioned benefits to Nigerians. Many ministers of sports have been 'ministers of football' that have failed to develop even this sport.
Nigeria requires a minister that will orchestrate the development of sports like athletics, basketball, volleyball, handball, hockey,cricket amateur wrestling, martial arts and so on in terms of infrastructure, training, funding and administration. This is part of the change we are clamouring for.
Who do you think is the man that is qualified to deliver these results in the government to be formed by President-elect Muhammadu Buhari?.

I am a very visionary leader. I've been lucky to be in positions where I'vI've been able to change culture of neptism and a general failure trend. I am very competent to be the sports minister. I currently run a blog that's just the totally best place for sizzling gossips about sportmen and women.

Check my signature for my bblog's address.

I won't mind being the minister of sports sha. grin
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by crownprince102: 11:28am On Apr 05, 2015
Bolaji Abdullahi, the one and only option.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Seun(m): 11:43am On Apr 05, 2015
Segun Odegbami. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by ELTON123(m): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Pls let me book
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by maclatunji: 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
Seun:
Segun Odegbami. smiley

Segun Odegbami? He seems to be the forgotten man of sports and I don't know if he is an APC member.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by jnrbayano(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
Seun:
Segun Odegbami. smiley

Why?
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by MUMINATED(m): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
Arsene wengerundecided so dat nigeria can be carrying 4th in every competition
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Seun(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
jnrbayano:
Why?
He's a former sportsman, known to be very intelligent and articulate, is respected by everyone and hasn't participated in corrupt activities.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Optional2(f): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
No body else but me Optional2 grin
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by jnrbayano(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Seun:
He's a former sportsman, known to be very intelligent and articulate, is respected by everyone and hasn't participated in corrupt activities.

Well I know they called him "the Mathematician" in his playing days but has he ever held a managerial role in any establishment prior to now?
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Dermie: 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
I'm qualified... I want myself wink
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Seun(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
jnrbayano:
Well I know they called him "the Mathematician" in his playing days but has he ever held a managerial role in any establishment prior to now?
Yes, this one: http://www.theinternationalacademy.org/tia/ A secondary school for students who want to be professional athletes.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by jnrbayano(m): 1:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Seun:
Yes, this one: http://www.theinternationalacademy.org/tia/ A secondary school for students who want to be professional athletes.

You have a case then
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Clement westerhof.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by jacabi(m): 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Optional2:
No body else but me Optional2 grin
Make una send your cv make I recommend you.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by maclatunji: 3:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Clement westerhof.

You are a real comedian.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by curiouses: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Bolaji Abdullahi
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by maclatunji: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
curiouses:
Bolaji Abdullahi

I an not convinced he is the best man for the job.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Coach Adegboye Onigbinde!

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Optional2(f): 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
jacabi:

Make una send your cv make I recommend you.
sorry cant send u my cv na only Buhari i fit send am to.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by jacabi(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Optional2:
sorry cant send u my cv na only Buhari i fit send am to.
I wish you well!
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by tosyne2much(m): 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Seun:
Boss cool
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 06, 2015
Kanu Nwankwo..
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by vokalguy(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Personally I do not know who to recommend but I hope and pray we get somebody who will take other sports seriously. I believe we have athletes who can do us proud in the Olympics. I am not so sure about basketball, volleyball and other sports but if possible, lets not just focus on football alone. Now since football is our number one sport, I think its time to clear out the incompetent goats who are at the Glass House. From their boss to the so called 'friends of keshi'. Its time to start afresh, bring someone in with good ideas, someone that can draw up a concrete plan on how to make us one of the most feared teams in the world, not just in Africa.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by M4gunners: 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sunday Olise he has shown how good he is in sport both as a player and Coach . For FIFA to recognise him and choose him as Nigeria representative in FIFA,that shows the quality.I have not heard much about Odegbami after his playing time.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Optional2(f): 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
jacabi:

I wish you well!
tnk u bro u d best love u kisses kiss
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by jacabi(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Optional2:
tnk u bro u d best love u kisses kiss
You're welcome!
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by vickylinco(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
me
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by denedene(m): 2:41am On Apr 08, 2015
anyone that will sack keshi angry
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by maclatunji: 8:06am On Apr 08, 2015
This thread shows we have very few renowned sports administrators in Nigeria.
Re: Who Do You Want To Be Minister Of Sports Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Berti vogt or mikel obi

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Asisat Oshoala And Jude Ighalo Bags Award From Best Of Africa Award / FIFA Ranking Of The World Best Player 2016!! / 2-3 Odds Daily Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.