Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? (34868 Views)

What's Your Favorite FPS Game? / Graphic Settings To Get 60+ FPS With AMD 290/290X / Call Of Duty:infinite Warfare Vs Battlefield 1(opinions & Reviews) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by coogar: 10:23am On Apr 14, 2015
LordReed:

Are the bullets curving or what? Their trajectory seems to change in mid-air.

no curves - they just give it 3 different shots from different angles for effizi.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by gj22(m): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2015
I think I can contribute to this. Having played 3 installments of COD(COD:MW, COD:MW2, COD:BOP2) on my 360, I decided to try battlefield 3. I just bought bf3 yesterday (I actually wanted to buy bf:hardline but they didn't even have bf4) but I have only been able to play it for a few hours thanks to phcn. Anyway, cod is fun but I feel battlefield will be more fun because it focuses on teamplay.

Note: I am talking about multiplayer as I have not even played single player on any fps before.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jbichene(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
gj22:
I think I can contribute to this. Having played 3 installments of COD(COD:MW, COD:MW2, COD:BOP2) on my 360, I decided to try battlefield 3. I just bought bf3 yesterday (I actually wanted to buy bf:hardline but they didn't even have bf4) but I have only been able to play it for a few hours thanks to phcn. Anyway, cod is fun but I feel battlefield will be more fun because it focuses on teamplay.

Note: I am talking about multiplayer as I have not even played single player on any fps before.
I have bf4 ,black ops 2(cod) and black flag assassins all for sale, neatly used ,users manual and some free online codes Xbox live ,all on 360
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by juicebox: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
between BattleField 4, BF hardline and COD AW. which is better?
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
juicebox:
between BattleField 4, BF hardline and COD AW. which is better?
The answer to ur question depends on if u are asking in terms of multiplayer, singleplayer, graphics etc.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by juicebox: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
The answer to ur question depends on if u are asking in terms of multiplayer, singleplayer, graphics etc.

In ur opinion, based on the different criteria u just mentioned, which is better?
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
juicebox:

In ur opinion, based on the different criteria u just mentioned, which is better?
Singleplayer - COD.
Multiplayer and Graphics - BF
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by gj22(m): 7:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
jbichene:
I have bf4 ,black ops 2(cod) and black flag assassins all for sale, neatly used ,users manual and some free online codes Xbox live ,all on 360

Thanks man, I am good for now. After playing bf3, I don't think I will touch bf again.

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by gj22(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
Okay, so I have played bf3 and can confirm it is nothing like cod:bo2. It's not as much fun as cod and the graphics is not so good but the animation is good tho. If you keep pressing forward and a table is blocking you, you will just phase through the table (never happened in cod).

Also, the maps are too dark and the enemies are tiny compared to cod. You could be aiming right at someone but if you don't tag or spot (using 'back' on 360) the person, you won't see the person.

It's also difficult to differentiate teammates from enemies at times because only a small triangle like marker is shown on your teammates head compared to cod where it's their full gamertag.

It's also difficult sometimes to tell what direction someone is shooting you from, the screen just keeps getting darker and darker.

On the plus side,

Animations are better

Everyone has a role, it's mor than just KDR (kill death ratio)

The mini map is on the bottom left

And your weapon doesn't take too much space on the screen like cod.

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by swagifted(m): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
AW might be better this year coz BF changed the concept entirely from 'all out warfare' to 'police and thief'. But BF4 can still stand toe to toe with AW tho.
the police and thief something started in battlefield hardline...not since henceforth
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by swagifted(m): 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
COD started meeting standards as at Cod ghosts and advanced warfare...even if Battlefield got more perks and activities than Cod
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by swagifted(m): 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I'll ve to try out the game b4 i can gve my opinion abt it. The added bullet trail seems like exta effizy dat we dont really need. But if u ask me, there's no fun in sitting back and sniping an entire game wen can go all-out in BF and play as a Sniper, Tank driver etc.
u don't know the joy of sniping ...if u have played splinter cell blacklist...u will understand that sniping is the definition of stealth!
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by ghostofsparta(m): 6:48am On Apr 17, 2015
cao:
To the FPS fiends, you can finally have a good verbal smackdown on whether Call of Duty or Battlefield is the better first person shooter game. Oya start talking.

CC: gmyguy & AdeLaNa1, you can continue your talk here, after your cooling off period is over.
In a general sense of an all out fun and destroy I think CoD kick the arses of both Battlefield, Crysis and the likes, but in terms of which is more close to realism in respect to an almost photorealistic visual rendition and a down-to-earth storyline I will definitely go with the Battlefields. As for the third person shooter series Ghost Recon, I think they are the most intentionally-made unnecessarily-difficult war game among the trio. What's your take on slasher games, specifically DMC and GoW ?

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by cao(f): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2015
ghostofsparta:

In a general sense of an all out fun and destroy I think CoD kick the arses of both Battlefield, Crysis and the likes, but in terms of which is more close to realism in respect to an almost photorealistic visual rendition and a down-to-earth storyline I will definitely go with the Battlefields. As for the third person shooter series Ghost Recon, I think they are the most intentionally-made unnecessarily-difficult war game among the trio. What's your take on slasher games, specifically DMC and GoW ?
Ahh...good old hack & slash games, I love those, you get to demolish folks with someone BAMF moves, while having a good old action-adventure. I absolutely love GoW way too much for my own good and even though I arrived late to the DMC party, it's still one awesome franchise famed for its difficulty. Hack & slash games combine two of things I enjoy in video games - fighting & storytelling.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
gj22:
Okay, so I have played bf3 and can confirm it is nothing like cod:bo2. It's not as much fun as cod and the graphics is not so good but the animation is good tho. If you keep pressing forward and a table is blocking you, you will just phase through the table (never happened in cod).

Also, the maps are too dark and the enemies are tiny compared to cod. You could be aiming right at someone but if you don't tag or spot (using 'back' on 360) the person, you won't see the person.

It's also difficult to differentiate teammates from enemies at times because only a small triangle like marker is shown on your teammates head compared to cod where it's their full gamertag.

It's also difficult sometimes to tell what direction someone is shooting you from, the screen just keeps getting darker and darker.

On the plus side,

Animations are better

Everyone has a role, it's mor than just KDR (kill death ratio)

The mini map is on the bottom left

And your weapon doesn't take too much space on the screen like cod.
BF3 had its shortcomings but BF4 was a big upgrade on BF3. If u played BF4 i'm sure u'd feel differently about BF
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 20, 2015
Battlefield 3 and 4 have alwys blown away the COD series, its battlefield hardline that sucks hard balls!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Bawss1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
I think for people who want greater realism in military shooters that Battlefeld is the way to go. COD has a massive following but it's a bit watered down. You guys must have noticed how in COD your soldier can only run in short bursts after which he tires, very annoying especially when you want to make a fast getaway! Duck behind a wall or tree and you are invincible to bullets in COD, in BF the wall will eventually collasp after taking repeated fire - it only shields you temporarily. Of course this leads me to mention levolution in BF, that added dynamism of the maps. You can literally take down buildings and trigger ship wrecks! Imagine you are on the top of a sky scrapper taking out targets below, a few minutes later the whole building comes tumbling down with you apparently from tanks firing at the base or C4 charges placed by enemies. That feeling - that's a Battlefield moment.

In all they are both great games and debates on which is really better depend on the tastes of the player. I think I lean towards to BF.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
Bawss1:
I think for people who want greater realism in military shooters that Battlefeld is the way to go. COD has a massive following but it's a bit watered down. You guys must have noticed how in COD your soldier can only run in short bursts after which he tires, very annoying especially when you want to make a fast getaway! Duck behind a wall or tree and you are invincible to bullets in COD, in BF the wall will eventually collasp after taking repeated fire - it only shields you temporarily. Of course this leads me to mention levolution in BF, that added dynamism of the maps. You can literally take down buildings and trigger ship wrecks! Imagine you are on the top of a sky scrapper taking out targets below, a few minutes later the whole building comes tumbling down with you apparently from tanks firing at the base or C4 charges placed by enemies. That feeling - that's a Battlefield moment.

In all they are both great games and debates on which is really better depend on the tastes of the player. I think I lean towards to BF.
My fav levolution in BF4 is still the Skyscraper in Siege of Shangai map
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
lestat:
Battlefield 3 and 4 have alwys blown away the COD series, its battlefield hardline that sucks hard balls!!! angry
Hardline is ok if u're comfortable with the Police and Thief concept
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 23, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Yes I am bruh. It's the suck arse graphics I can't stomach
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by coogar: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

hardline is very ok.
i am currently on episode 9. it's boring at the start though cos all he's got is an annoying pistol but as you move up, the ammo gets better.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by joecooper(m): 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
youmour:
On BF you can literally feel the weight of the gun and you notice the difference between every weapon,not just the rate of fire but every gaddamn thing
@youmour I so agree with you
.... This is just one of the features I love about battlefield. Requiring every shooter with a different precision skill while using em.
But for story line Cod nailed it der.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
Heard Black Ops 3 comes out in a few days
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by juicebox: 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Heard Black Ops 3 comes out in a few days

Few days abi Months, early November
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by gj22(m): 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
juicebox:

From the trailer, it's going to be awesome.

On a side note, I started flying jets in bf3...awesomeness
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
juicebox:

A friend of mine told me it was coming out at the ending of this month. Guess he was wrong
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
gj22:

From the trailer, it's going to be awesome.

On a side note, I started flying jets in bf3...awesomeness
Flying jets and helicopters in BF4 is something i've failed at miserably time after time. I just stick to my Tanks, IFVs and AAs most of the time
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Uchwilliam(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
resident evil 5 is d best...try it
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by LordReed(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2015
Uchwilliam:
resident evil 5 is d best...try it

What!? You have to be kidding! Did you play RE4?
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by purplekayc(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
jbichene:
I just heard that COD black ops 3 has been announced ,that's a game I would love to have, cos I really enjoyed black ops1 &2 ,I hope the bring back the spec ops mode from modern warfare series I miss it .
get ready to upgrade your PC if you have not
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by gj22(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
purplekayc:
get ready to upgrade your PC if you have not

This is one of the reasons I got a console and ditched pc gaming.

I heard that the black ops 3 is for current gen and pc only though. sad
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
The PC minimum requirements aren't that tasking tho...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Xbox Or Playstation? / What Is Your Highest Score In Subway Surfers? / FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.