Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why Only Ogun State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Only Ogun State? (2479 Views)

Why Only Ogun State? Just A thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Only Ogun State? by Muyogoa: 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
Have you ever observed that many top and succesful politicians,leaders,singers,professionals are mostly from Ogun state? Out of about 6 states in the south western part of Nigeria, only people from Ogun state can be considered the most outstanding in many ramnification.
The only Yoruba president in Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo is from Ogun state, great people and heroes and heroine also emerged from this state. The likes of Obafemi Awolowo, late MkO Abiola, the first woman to drive a car, late Funmilayo ramson-kuti, the nobel prof. Wole Soyinka, former head of states,Ernest Sonekan, Mike Adenuga, late Fela kuti, late Tai Solarin, Ebenezer obey, Osewa Seun,the former military vice president, Dipo Diya and so many others are all from this great state. Also, some years back an indigene of Osun state emerged as the speaker of the house of representative but within a short time she was impeached and over taken by another Ogun state indigene, Hon Dimeji Bankole. Recently again during this Era of change, another great professor from Ogun state, also emerged as the vice president elect of this great country. The question is why Ogun state? Some said Ogun state people may be enjoying the benefits of their fore fathers for being the first to accept christianity in Nigeria which probably make God pleased with them, thus passing blessing to their offsprings. This is just an assumption anyway, but sincerely why are Ogun state Indigenes more outstanding among all other Yoruba states ?
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by adesammy1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
Proudly Omo Ogun...

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by FastShipping: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
Op, try again with your divisive post. Tell those who sent you that you have failed.

I am from Ogun and I don't see things in the same lens as you.

10 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by FastShipping: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
[s]
laplace12:

They are the Ijebus. They are hated in yoruba land and That Is the explanation for their success. Hated people are mostly successful people, take the Igbos as an example.
[/s]

Nonsense. So Obasanjo, MKO, Fela, Obey, Sonekan, Soyinka, etc are Ijebus? You are lacking in knowledge.

Yorubas, irrespective of their states have been successful.

9 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by laplace12(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Nonsense. So Obasanjo, MKO, Fela, Obey, Sonekan, Soyinka, etc are Ijebus? You are lacking in knowledge.

The op is yoruba but I don't think He Will agree with the bolded.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by seunfly: 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
FastShipping:
Op, try again with your divisive post. Tell those who sent you that you have failed.

You know exactly what is on my mind, they just love division, this is one of the reasons Jonathan was sent packing.

You may go back to your village where competition and hatred is common. As for we Yoruba's we don't care which state or religion all we want is benefits of democracy.

9 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
we no mind abeg.

Bola IGE, tinubu, bisi Akande, Arisekola, oyinlola, omisore, fayose, akinrinade, falae, mimiko, okoya, adeboye, adefarasin, oyedepo, etc are all not from ogun state

Say another one.

Don't divide people here a beg

3 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Muyogoa: 9:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Activa:

my intention is not to divide anyone, i only asked a question.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Katsumoto: 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Muyogoa:
my intention is not to divide anyone, i only asked a question.

Your thread is divisive, asinine, and lacking in anything educational.

Make sure you ask those around you for permission before opening another thread.

7 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by tpiadotcom: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
By outstanding I assume you mean visible.

That's because yorubas by nature generally do not like being in the limelight ( or under the spotlight), ogun state is an exception to this rule, hence they are more visible and more active in the national scene.

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Muyogoa: 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
tpiadotcom:
By outstanding I assume you mean visible.

That's because yorubas by nature generally do not like being in the limelight ( or under the spotlight), ogun state is an exception to this rule, hence they are more visible and more active in the national scene.
thnks. I think u d only one that get my question.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by tpiadotcom: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
You're welcome.

What you stated are easily verifiable facts, so its not necessarily an argument per se, neither is it subjective.

The only point you raised which could be disputed, is the first to accept Christianity one.

That might need to be looked into .
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by jaysniggs: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo, Late Apostle Ayo Babalola, Prophet T.B Joshua
All Ogun indigens?
You're high on baking soda op!
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by gists: 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Activa:
we no mind abeg.

Bola IGE, tinubu, bisi Akande, Arisekola, oyinlola, omisore, fayose, akinrinade, falae, mimiko, okoya, adeboye, adefarasin, oyedepo, etc are all not from ogun state

Say another one.

Thank you. I was about to come up with a similar list. Add Tunde Ayeni, Jimoh Ibrahim on the business side.
BTW I am from Ogun.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
gists:

Thank you. I was about to come up with a similar list. Add Tunde Ayeni, Jimoh Ibrahim on the business side

Thank you. We even forgot otedola, kase Lawal, Harry Akande, lere paimo, ogaa Bello, ayinde barrister, sunny Ade, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Vacuous thread without any basis in reality.

There are outstanding folks from all corners of Yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Adegbodolu1: 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
This is a nonsense thread. Please end this useless thread.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by docsholz(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Stupid thread
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by zimoni(f): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2015
Which kain divisive useless thread be this nah?

I suspect the OP is not a Yoruba.

Spit on the useless thread.
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Scatterboss(m): 12:57am On Apr 06, 2015
Agent of division.

2 Likes

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by raumdeuter: 1:06am On Apr 06, 2015
Most likely the OP is not Yoruba. This is like those Anambra vs Imo vs Enugu threads that litter this place

When you see anyone comparing one Yoruba state to another check well he is not from the SW
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 06, 2015
Even Osun and Ekiti States

FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 4:38am On Apr 06, 2015
This thread is divisive,Nigerian divide along tribe,now u trying to divide tribe along clan...No division in yoruba land

Thread thats are divisive like this should be close,but am sure one mumu mod will want to bring this to front page,i implore mods not to bring this to front page and closed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by AgentOfAllah: 6:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Muyogoa:
Have you ever observed that many top and succesful politicians,leaders,singers,professionals are mostly from Ogun state? Out of about 6 states in the south western part of Nigeria, only people from Ogun state can be considered the most outstanding in many ramnification.
The only Yoruba president in Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo is from Ogun state, great people and heroes and heroine also emerged from this state. The likes of Obafemi Awolowo, late MkO Abiola, the first woman to drive a car, late Funmilayo ramson-kuti, the nobel prof. Wole Soyinka, former head of states,Ernest Sonekan, Mike Adenuga, late Fela kuti, late Tai Solarin, Ebenezer obey, Osewa Seun,the former military vice president, Dipo Diya and so many others are all from this great state. Also, some years back an indigene of Osun state emerged as the speaker of the house of representative but within a short time she was impeached and over taken by another Ogun state indigene, Hon Dimeji Bankole. Recently again during this Era of change, another great professor from Ogun state, also emerged as the vice president elect of this great country. The question is why Ogun state? Some said Ogun state people may be enjoying the benefits of their fore fathers for being the first to accept christianity in Nigeria which probably make God pleased with them, thus passing blessing to their offsprings. This is just an assumption anyway, but sincerely why are Ogun state Indigenes more outstanding among all other Yoruba states ?

Op, I want you to reflect upon the following epigram thoroughly: Only people bereft of any personal glory to call theirs latch onto the glory of other individuals as the glory of their perceived group. In common parlance, we call that mediocrity.
The family, village, town, state, country, or continent from which you come is merely an accident of birth, and every intelligent person knows this. So it is never a matter of what people from your state have achieved, but what you, personally, have achieved for your own self.
No! Ogun people aren't any more special than Imo people, or people from Niger, Ekiti, Delta, Edo, Jigawa, Taraba or Ebonyi. Get over yourself

1 Like

Re: Why Only Ogun State? by KingTom(m): 6:50am On Apr 06, 2015
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Don't mind the fool! Proudly Ijebu sha grin
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by VoteOutPDPJona: 8:25am On Apr 06, 2015
FastShipping:

Thanks!
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by VoteOutPDPJona: 8:28am On Apr 06, 2015
OP, carry your divisive mentally commot here! angry
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Babatunde idiagbon,bola shagaya,oyedepo are Yoruba as well and they r Not from ijebu
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Day169: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2015
Activa:
we no mind abeg.

Say another one.

You added Fayose? Guy why you fall my hand na? ..anyway amongst every 12 there's always a Judas!
Re: Why Only Ogun State? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 06, 2015
Day169:

You added Fayose? Guy why you fall my hand na? ..anyway amongst every 12 there's always a Judas!

Na for notoriety grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Northern States Are The Poorest In Nigeria – Osinbajo / JPMorgan: Poor Economic Decision By Okonjo Iweala And GEJ Team / Graphics: Forbidden Photos From The Scene Of Kuje, Abuja Bomb Blasts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.