Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken (1592 Views)

According To Scientists, This Is What Humans Will Look Like By The Year 2050 / Top Five Nigerian Scientists And Their Great Inventions / Top 10 Israeli Inventions You Should Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by juliusocean(m): 11:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Israeli scientists have bred a featherless chicken. Although featherless chickens look quite
terrifying, poultry farm owners in many countries have shown keen interest in the birds
because they will not need to be plucked.
According to the scientists who have bred the new species, these birds cause no harm to
people’s heath. Moreover, they grow faster, and their meat is low fat.
According to the head of the project, Professor Avigdor Cahaner, at the Agricultural Institute
in Rehvot, Israel, such birds have more advantages because there will be no need to install
air conditioners for them in warmer countries. However, the genetic scientist admits that the
new species of chickens are unlikely to adapt to cold climates. Consequently, breeding bald
chicken in Scandinavian countries or Russia would be quite difficult.
The opponents of the new species have accused the Israeli scientists of having created a
genetically modified chicken. But the scientists dismiss these charges and insist that the
new chicken comes from a natural breed.
Russian experts have found another serious drawback, “When pairing the rooster may injure
the hen with its nails and beak because it has no feathers on the head and the neck. Even
now, the nails of two of the rooster’s fingers have to be cut off in order to prevent him from
injuring the hen.
“When pairing the rooster may injure the hen with its nails and beak because it has no
feathers on the head and the neck. Even now, the nails of two of the rooster’s fingers have
to be cut off in order to prevent him from injuring the hen. But in the case of new breed,
there will be scratches left on the hen’s skin, while the rooster will have nothing to hold on
to with its beak. This can be quite dangerous for the hen because when other birds see an
injured hen they start plucking her. This means that the hen would have to be isolated,
treated or culled,” Margarita Dmitrieva said.
Moreover, the absence of feathers reduces the chickens’ resistance to many skin diseases.
Birds will be consistently subjected to bacterial or fungal infections through skin injuries.
The Israeli geneticists agree with their Russian colleagues but continue to breed bald
chickens. The team of researchers led by Avigdor Cahaner is carrying on the experiment.
They weigh and measure the newly breed chickens, compare with the conventional breeds
and monitor their population, feeding and growth. “The food prepared from bald chicken
does not taste any different from those prepared from ordinary chicken,” say those who
have just tasted the food prepared with bald chickens, as long as you haven’t seen those
horrible creatures alive.

source http://crownheights.info/jewish-news/38661/israeli-scientists-breed-featherless-chicken/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
udoho sure(u ain't sure)
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by redvektor(m): 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tins day really happen oh
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by jamex93(m): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2015
grin grin

See how dem dey abeg

That one meat go sweet so
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Scientific error
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by Blakjewelry(m): 12:15am On Apr 06, 2015
Men that is gross, remind me of Adam and eve
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by madridguy(m): 12:40am On Apr 06, 2015
K
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by Karleb(m): 6:06am On Apr 06, 2015
Nonsense!

I'm coming with my Ostri-ken breed.
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 06, 2015
They will eventually die from cold
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by juliusocean(m): 7:30am On Apr 06, 2015
Osahon7:
They will eventually die from cold
yeah that got me thinking you're right
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by Geraucald(m): 9:25am On Apr 06, 2015
I'll never eat this birds, because no matter how the scientist stressed, I won't believe they are harmless.
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by Dekatron(m): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Scientific error
it isnt an error sir. Didnt you read the article?

I wonder how they will copulate then.
Re: Israeli Scientists Breed Featherless Chicken by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dekatron:
it isnt an error sir. Didnt you read the article?

I wonder how they will copulate then.
since they can't copu late, it's an error

(1) (Reply)

How To Unblock Yourself From Someone’s Whatsapp Account/latest Trick(2018/2019) / New! Gmail Motion / Airtel Nigeria Has Commissioned A Customer Experience Centre At UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.