Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard (17518 Views)

MUST READ!!!! Crazy Tales Of Gen. Buhari's Rule As Head Of State. / Can Buhari Rule Nigeria At 72??? / 2015 ELECTIONS: EU Observers Visit Buhari, Rule Out North-East Monitoring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by coded01: 12:38am On Apr 06, 2015
“AS Ijaw, we feel proud that one of us has provided Nigeria an example of a true democrat.’’

With these words, the founding Secretary of the Ijaw National Congress (INC), Pastor P. Z. Aginighan, spoke the minds of his Ijaw people on the presidential election.

Also from Aginighan, a former Executive Director, Finance and Administration, Niger Delta Development Corporation (NDDC) and Acting Managing Director, came a message from the Ijaw to the president-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari: “He (Buhari) should govern with the fear of God and deliver on his promises to Nigerians during his electioneering campaign. Now that he is about to enjoy the fruit of democracy epitomised by the decent democratic conduct of President Jonathan, he should do all to strengthen the democratic institutions in the country. He should also have the courage to do likewise if he is defeated in an election.”

PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN

The INC leader, in an interview with Sunday Vanguard, explained that the Ijaw mobilised for their kinsmen, Jonathan, ahead of last weekend polls, saying, “I heard the President of the Ijaw National Congress, Barrister Boma Obuoforibo, appeal to all Nigerians to re-elect President Jonathan for a number of days on NTA. Other Ijaw groups from Arogbo/Apoi clans in Ondo State to Eastern Obolo/Ibeno clans in Akwa Ibom State all mobilised for Jonathan.”

On the message Jonathan was trying to send by conceding defeat to Buhari, Aginigham said: “That was the manifestation of the finger of God upon Nigeria. It was the greatest demonstration of love for Nigeria. It was an uncommon show of statesmanship. General Buhari that he conceded defeat to never did same to him in 2011. His action is in conformity with the injunction of the Holy Bible in Romans 12:21: ‘Be not overcome of evil but overcome evil with good’. Jonathan kept his date with history. As Ijaw, we feel proud that one of us has provided Nigeria an example of a true democrat.’’

On the response of the world leaders to the President’s disposition to the outcome of the March 28 election, he stated: “For a man who resisted the temptation to use the instruments of coercion and stupendous state resources at his disposal to perpetuate himself in power, for a man who congratulated his opponent while the collation of results was still going on, for a man who averted the wasting of lives of thousands of innocent Nigerians through a post election violence, all the outpouring of commendation from within and outside Nigeria is well deserved. President Jonathan has lived out his often quoted saying that nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.’’

On the insinuation in some quarters that Jonathan is more of an Ijaw President than a Nigerian President, the former NNDC Acting MD said: “To me, Jonathan is not an Ijaw President as he has been painted in certain quarters. He is a Nigerian President of Ijaw extraction. He recognised that he became President of Nigeria in 2010 by divine providence. In 2011, Nigerians overwhelmingly elected him as their President. He served Nigeria to the best of his ability with all the challenges that he faced, particularly the Boko Haram insurgency in the North.

Jonathan has constructed so many roads for Nigeria with none that he has commissioned in the Ijawland since he became President. He established Almajiri schools in the North but none for the migrant fishermen in his native Ijaw land. There are SURE-P mass transit buses all over Nigeria but no SURE-P boats throughout the coastal belt that is inhabited largely by the Ijaw. No part of the Ijawland is benefiting from the railways Jonathan has revamped.

Ijaw does not have any airport to refurbish. Jonathan’s Ijawland is largely in darkness, inaccessible by road, without potable water. He pleased the rest of Nigeria and forgot his people, thinking that by so doing they would re-elect him, but that did not happen.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/ijaw-message-to-buhari-rule-with-the-fear-of-god/#sthash.s54JTiPW.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by madridguy(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2015
No state is governed by the governor only, it must have advisers and commissioners.

JK is same as PDP either you like it or not.

If PDP wins Lagos, the following people will co-rule and be advisers to JK, they are Koro, Bode George, Fayose, GEJ, GBENGA Daniel, kashamu, Igbinedion, David mark, ORUBEBE, etc what good can come out of this team?

Remember they were same co-rulers and advisers with GEJ.

Now compare that team to
Fashola, oshiomole, Buhari, Lagos state commissioners that translated Tinubus plans to reality, ABIKE dabiri, Fayemi, Amosun, Ajimobi, Aregbesola, Oshinbajo, Amaechi Tambuwal, Buhari, etc men of their words.

Look at the team not individuals.

Don't make the "MISTAKE" of voting PDP/JK because dis is first Time lagos will receives full support from the federal Government.

VOTE AMBODE = VOTE APC

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by delishpot: 12:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Ok we don hear! ............Ehen my people, where una say Asari dey kwanu? Him don run like idi amin run?

Chei, thunder fire wahala o grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by abduljabbar4(m): 12:47am On Apr 06, 2015
They don't even need to tell him.

Vote Ambode
Vote Elrufa'I
Vote Rochas Okorocha
Vote Amaechi
Vote wisely
Vote APC
Vote change

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by coded01: 12:51am On Apr 06, 2015
PROGRESSIVE CHANGE IN PROGRESS... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by delishpot: 12:52am On Apr 06, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Vote Ambode
Vote Elrufa'I
Vote Rochas Okorocha
Vote Amaechi
Vote wisely
Vote APC
Vote change

Bros, you want make we vote wisely yet you mention Roaches abi poachers abi na wetin be him name sef put for that list? Naim be say you sef need to find change go front o.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by coded01: 12:52am On Apr 06, 2015
delishpot:
Ok we don hear! ............Ehen my people, where una say asari dey kwanu? Him don run like idi amin run?

Chei, thunder fire wahala o
grin grin

Smh... grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by coded01: 12:53am On Apr 06, 2015
delishpot:

Bros, you want make we vote wisely yet you mention Roaches abi poachers abi na wetin be him name sef put for that list? Naim be say you sef need to find change go front o.

Wicked... grin grin grin
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Sweetguy25: 12:54am On Apr 06, 2015
Reclaim your oil before Tinubu strikes like Ogun.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by ojaydedon(m): 12:56am On Apr 06, 2015
naso

we are watching...
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Ilekeh(f): 12:56am On Apr 06, 2015
Why didn't they send this message to GEJ in 2011?

Igbos don send letter. Ijaws don send Letter. North don send letter.

Yorubas, we must not carry last grin

*grabs pen and paper* Dear Buhari....

Developed country: Govern/Preside
Third-world country: Rule

Bhettttt why?

10 Likes

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by delishpot: 12:57am On Apr 06, 2015
coded01:

Wicked... grin grin grin

No be small thing o. Say a vote for Roachers na a vote for change I tire for Naija o, grin In short, I dey go Iran now now.........make I go pack my bags. BRB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by naijafresh: 12:57am On Apr 06, 2015
feeding his neighbours without feeding his household?

I thought charity begins at home?

what is the Ijaw word for clueless please?

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by ojaydedon(m): 12:57am On Apr 06, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Vote Ambode
Vote Elrufa'I
Vote Rochas Okorocha
Vote Amaechi
Vote wisely
Vote APC
Vote change

vote amaechi for what

President?? Or??

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Ilekeh(f): 12:57am On Apr 06, 2015
#Truckpusher na your letter be this?

Ijaw does not have any airport to refurbish. Jonathan’s Ijawland is largely in darkness, inaccessible by road, without potable water. He pleased the rest of Nigeria and forgot his people, thinking that by so doing they would re-elect him, but that did not happen.”

Hmmm what has GEJ been doing for 4 years apart from enabling corruption?

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by ramdris(m): 12:58am On Apr 06, 2015
In GMB voice.... Noted!
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 06, 2015
Sleeping
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Motolank: 12:58am On Apr 06, 2015
Issokay
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by coded01: 12:59am On Apr 06, 2015
delishpot:

No be small thing o. Say a vote for Roachers na a vote for change I tire for Naija o, grin In short, I dey go Iran now now .........make I go pack my bags. BRB.

grin grin shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by abduljabbar4(m): 12:59am On Apr 06, 2015
delishpot:

Please I beg you on his behalf forgive him and vote for him. He will repent and CHANGE. The devil you know is better than the one you don't know. Since he failed, let him repeat
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 06, 2015
Eyaaaaaaaah
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by ajoskele(m): 1:01am On Apr 06, 2015
Abeg, make una help my deputy governor for Ondo oh...
Iroko Oluwere(Mimiko) no allow am enter office again oo. He collect all hin moto. Baba even wan travel, pilot no gree move and baba noh get private jet.
There are plots by the incumbent governor to rig this saturday's election. He has been prostrating around town begging civil servants, artisans, traders, local govt workers and shedding crocodile tears. These people have refused and rejected him anyways.
Thank God Olusola Oke and Jimoh Ibrahim(the strong men on the waterways and the creeks that won him one senatorial seat) are now working with the APC.
When APC honourables come in, consider Mimiko gone!!

Pardon me for derailing the thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by delishpot: 1:01am On Apr 06, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Please I beg you on his behalf forgive him and vote for him. He will repent and CHANGE. The devil you know is better than the one you don't know. Since he failed, let him repeat

Lol nor be small. True true who fail must repeat but e get sone failures wey be say the school dey call "God forbid" see when student fail that type, school dey ask am to leave/ withdraw, because such a case is an. Ihian! Roachers din fail Ndi Imo yakataaaaaa!
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by jamex93(m): 1:01am On Apr 06, 2015
Ok

Him don hear

At last some ppl don dey finally accept our new presido

That's good
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by Deltagiant: 1:02am On Apr 06, 2015
In a country with different ethnic nations, GEJ's story could be best described as a sad one

He will long be remembered by the Ijaw same way the Igbo remembers Ogbuefi Nnamdi Azikiwe

It beats my imagination why all the former Nigerian Heads of state from the old Eastern Region cared more about other regions than theirs

Again, here was a Nigeria president of eastern Ijaw extraction who spent 6 years and still left Ijaw land in the 17th century wild west it's been

Ijaw land had the opportunity and the physical potentials to be the Netherlands of Africa but Jonathan has blown it

Like some other ethnic nations, Ijaw has a bleak future in this wicked treacherous prison called Nigeria

The only option left for the young Ijaw generation is to take their destiny in their hands, look for like minded allies and press for their emancipation

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by LewisO: 1:04am On Apr 06, 2015
*No shaking, All is well* cool

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by DozieInc(m): 1:04am On Apr 06, 2015
ok
Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by ajoskele(m): 1:05am On Apr 06, 2015
naijafresh:
feeding his neighbours without feeding his household?
I thought charity begins at home?
what is the Ijaw word for clueless please?
Golugo!!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard by hardywaltz(m): 1:05am On Apr 06, 2015
Kinda sick & tired of all these Ijaw this and Ijaw that...

Ijaws please get the following message into ur skull:

1) Politics is not Child's play

2) Politics is and will always be a game of numbers

3) Stop deluding urselves that u are the 4th largest tribe coz ur guys are minority in almost all the states except Bayelsa State with a population less than 1 million (not even up to Obio/Akpor).

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Associating Fulanis With Killer Herdsmen - Rochas Okorocha / 774,000 Jobs: Buhari Approves November 1 Commencement For Special Public Works / Again, Lai Mohammed Berates CNN Over Lekki Toll Gate Shootings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.