Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031142 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
WARTHUNDER:

I told you bruz, am done. I don't have interest in winning online forum arguments.

I understand FLIR infra red, HMD helmet sight, I 1. know how dey do IFF and radar only beeps on dots so it cannot I.D. friend or foe among men and vehices on battlefields, I have posted photos to show it here weeks ago, and I won't repost it again.

Only each buyer can tell us real price of his own variant of Mi-35M, M2 or Mi-28A, NE. 2.All different avionic configurations. Published prices you see are total contract value including spare parts, weapons, training, bribes, etc.

Some estimate Mi-35 & Mi-28 at $15 m to $25 m, prices change per year order dates. Some are even rebuilt second hand Mi-24. How much did NAF pay in 2016?

Everything I said in dat long Mi-35 analysis has published source on internet, invest your time like I did, google many web sources, you will find all my claims 100% correct.

I will only give you two sources that you don't know.

"4.Some HIND E and Mi-35 series export versions have upgraded night and weather capabilities, better avionics, weather RADAR."

https://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mi-24.htm

That weather radar helps navigation away from hazards not GPS navig role.

"The Mi-28 program was cancelled in 1993 because it was deemed uncompetitive with the Ka-50, and in particular, it was not all-weather capable."

http://parts.jspayne.com/php/SummaryGet.php?FindGo=Mil_Mi-28N

Please am tired of dis argument, u are free 2 ignore​ facts bruz. grin
can't make blatantly false statements then afterwards say you don't to talk further on the subject when you have been called out.

1. Incorrect, FLIR cannot IFF, that's where Radar data links and targeting systems come in.

2. Again a simple Google search you can pretty much see what exactly the price includes.... These days armes contract are relatively transparent.

3. The deal was worth around $300 mil for 12 mi35m if my memory is correct.

4. Emphasis on SOME I'm fully aware that some Mi35 versions come with radar..... For example the Super hinds offered by ATE come with the same radar fitted on the Rooivalk...hence I said Mi35 M does not come with radar emphasis on M

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WARTHUNDER: 3:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
jln115:
can't make blatantly false statements then afterwards say you don't to talk further on the subject when you have been called out.

1. Incorrect, FLIR cannot IFF, that's where Radar data links and targeting systems come in.

2. Again a simple Google search you can pretty much see what exactly the price includes.... These days armes contract are relatively transparent.

3. The deal was worth around $300 mil for 12 mi35m if my memory is correct.

4. Emphasis on SOME I'm fully aware that some Mi35 versions come with radar..... For example the Super hinds offered by ATE come with the same radar fitted on the Rooivalk...hence I said Mi35 M does not come with radar emphasis on M

Why won't you allow me to rest man? grin

If you want FCS weapons radar on your Mi-35M, Russia will add it for you, but air forces are just not showing interest for practical role of attacking land battlefields.

You are mixing air domain with land domain, it's air war that uses electronic IFF radar config for aircraft vs aircraft I.D. but in land domain helicopters use visual I.D. aided by optical sensors e.g. NAF needs to differentiate Boko Haram men and Hilux from Nigerian army men and APC, no radar radio link IFF can do that because those forces on land have no IFF configuration, so only FLIR displays on television screen and and you see men, heads, legs, even shapes of helmet or turban, Hilux, Vickers tank, army base cluster of items, all shapes in real life image moving, then FLIR helps attack the right target, that's what I called friend or foe ID or IFF.

Radar does not show you movie like TV image clarity even with radio frequency IFF, it will even ping dot target on metal houses, taxi cab, metal water tank on house top, helicopter pilot won't know who is who to shoot at.

I didn't make false statements, all I said are correct.

Radar on helicopter won't make a difference in separating men from terrorists on a mixed battlefield, reason air forces don't care about radar on Mi-28. FLIR thermal imaging is the sensor solution for helicopter gunship pilots.

Look at the thermal imager targeting I attach now, I hope your confusion has vanished bruz.

Have a nice day my man grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 4:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kalapizim:
Child
pikin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
NAFIL team storms Las Vegas for commercial UAV EXPO

The Nigerian Air Force Investments Limited (NAFIL), recently storm the city of Las Vegas in the United States to participate in the just concluded Commercial Unmanned Ariel Vehicle (UAV), Expo.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nafil-team-storms-las-vegas-for-commercial-uav-expo/#commentform

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
bidexiii:
NAFIL team storms Las Vegas for commercial UAV EXPO

The Nigerian Air Force Investments Limited (NAFIL), recently storm the city of Las Vegas in the United States to participate in the just concluded Commercial Unmanned Ariel Vehicle (UAV), Expo.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nafil-team-storms-las-vegas-for-commercial-uav-expo/#commentform
pls bidexiii give us full details grin they could have still showcased tsaigumi UAV
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
WARTHUNDER:

Why won't you allow me to rest man? grin

1.If you want FCS weapons radar on your Mi-35M, Russia will add it for you, but air forces are just not showing interest for practical role of attacking land battlefields.

2.You are mixing air domain with land domain, it's air war that uses electronic IFF radar config for aircraft vs aircraft I.D. but in land domain helicopters use visual I.D. aided by optical sensors e.g. NAF needs to differentiate Boko Haram men and Hilux from Nigerian army men and APC, 3.no radar radio link IFF can do that because those forces on land have no IFF configuration, so only FLIR displays on television screen and and you see men, heads, legs, even shapes of helmet or turban, Hilux, Vickers tank, army base cluster of items, all shapes in real life image moving, then FLIR helps attack the right target, that's what I called friend or foe ID or IFF.

Radar does not show you movie like TV image clarity even with radio frequency IFF, it will even ping dot target on metal houses, taxi cab, metal water tank on house top, helicopter pilot won't know who is who to shoot at.

I didn't make false statements, all I said are correct.

Radar on helicopter won't make a difference in separating men from terrorists on a mixed battlefield, reason air forces don't care about radar on Mi-28. FLIR thermal imaging is the sensor solution for helicopter gunship pilots.

Look at the thermal imager targeting I attach now, I hope your confusion has vanished bruz.

Have a nice day my man grin
1. No!! It's not that simple, Radar systems need to be integrated with exiting avionics which will not only take time but also cost alot of money.... Hence the mi28 was designed from the beginning with Radar in mind.

2. Again this isn't true, Radar, Data links, and radio communication is used for IFF....... Rooivalk for example can see friendly forces through blufor trackers in conjunction with linkZA (data link) which are fitten on all radio equipment in the SANDF, hence pilots can see not just friendlies but also enemy forces even though they my not be visually visible.

3. If the Nigerian defence force had a tactical data link and blufor trackers then it is certainly possible to IFF land forces very easily........ Denel actually tested a Mokopa fired from a Rooivalk which couldn't even see the targ et but the missile was guided by a soldier(who had visual on the target) on the ground through the use of linkZA.

You sound like a Mi35 fan boy simply because Nigeria has it.......

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2019
An ordinary man that wrote the story is your god now abi? You can't be smarter than him? Boeing and the source chose only the two helicopters they wish to compare. Common sense should tell you that because their comparison also excludes Eurocopter Tiger and China Z-10 that looks exactly like Apache, does not mean Tiger and WZ-10 are inferior rivals not competing with Apache.

My guy u hav problem tinking outside a box.

Look it's not about common sense bruz, it's about technical military sense, Boeing cannot compare Mi-35 with Apache because Boeing does not produce assault helicopters of Mi-35 class, Boeing only builds attack helicopters of Mi-28 class.

So Boeing is totally silent on Mi-35 and chose Mi-28 for comparison, same with that your data source, they both said clearly that the comparison is strictly for attack helicopters and Mi-35 doubles as a troop transport, not categorized with those types.

Russia built the Mi-28 as marketing concept to compete with Apache for customers by using copy copy look-alike shape design, that was the failed idea of rival that only 2 buyers choose. Reality turned out differently than designers concept plan, reality today is 80 air forces worldwide choose Mi-35 if they cannot get Apache, so miltary forces world wide have made Mi-35 the real life rival to Apache in real warfare, not in marketing design concept. This simple fact now becomes rocket science too complex for you to understand

lionel4power:

Please stop.

jln115, you ought to heed Lionel's injuction. Some nonsense can't be combatted; such is the internet.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Toju200:
pls bidexiii give us full details grin they could have still showcased tsaigumi UAV

grin grin grin
Nope they where there just to learn some new stuffs about commercial drones and new ideas to add to our tsaigumi. That's all.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
I.D please..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
bidexiii:
I.D please..
Minimi? Ultimax?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:36am On Nov 14, 2019
WARTHUNDER:

An ordinary man that wrote the story is your god now abi? You can't be smarter than him? Boeing and the source chose only the two helicopters they wish to compare. Common sense should tell you that because their comparison also excludes Eurocopter Tiger and China Z-10 that looks exactly like Apache, does not mean Tiger and WZ-10 are inferior rivals not competing with Apache.

My guy u hav problem tinking outside a box.

Look it's not about common sense bruz, it's about technical military sense, Boeing cannot compare Mi-35 with Apache because Boeing does not produce assault helicopters of Mi-35 class, Boeing only builds attack helicopters of Mi-28 class.

So Boeing is totally silent on Mi-35 and chose Mi-28 for comparison, same with that your data source, they both said clearly that the comparison is strictly for attack helicopters and Mi-35 doubles as a troop transport, not categorized with those types.

Russia built the Mi-28 as marketing concept to compete with Apache for customers by using copy copy look-alike shape design, that was the failed idea of rival that only 2 buyers choose. Reality turned out differently than designers concept plan, reality today is 80 air forces worldwide choose Mi-35 if they cannot get Apache, so miltary forces world wide have made Mi-35 the real life rival to Apache in real warfare, not in marketing design concept. This simple fact now becomes rocket science too complex for you to understand.

Did you use the comparison tool and you didn't see all the attack helos that compete with the Apache including some you mentioned?

If you know anything about capability comparison, you would've known you indirectly answered your own question, Like hell you could.
Ah-64 and mi-28 are strictly attacks, Mi-35 combines attack with transport, that alone disqualifies the later from competing with the former, that was the reason Boeing doesn't need to mention your darling Mi-35, like I said, Mi-35 will be mentioned when Boeing compares attack & transport you are not smarter than Boeing please keep quiet.

The comparison standard Boeing used in that tool you're struggling to understand is a global standard, I have that for automobiles as well, unfortunately, I will not share it with you because you lack the underlying principle for comparing capabilities, I wont be responsible for your next migrane.

In the automobile tool, once you select a compact sedan like Toyota Corolla, Honda's Accord will disapper, but Honda's Civic will come alive, same thing happens when you select a mid size Sedan like Honda Accord, Toyota's Corolla will disappear while the Camry comes alive.

In a comparison tool, anything not on the list isn't a competitor, that's the ABC knowledge you are expected to have before comparing anything, unfortunately the man that doesn't know jack thinks he is smarter than Boeing, accept my sympathies grin grin

There is no technical comaprison tool that brings in "patronage" into the equation so your constant repeating sales figure when the subject is technical comparisons is silly!.

If Honda sells just 1 Accord or doesn't sell at all, it doesn't stop it from competing with Toyota's Camry technically, stop sounding like a comedian.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 4:57am On Nov 14, 2019
blacKDalia:

How?

https://www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft/mil-mi-28n-havoc/

https://www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft/mil-mi-35-24d/

Compare and see for yourself.

Ask yourself, who in his right senses compares an Attack/Transport combo platform with Attack only platform?
It is not just about comparison tools, that guy Warthunder has no clue the basis for such comparison.

A Psychologist once told me (jokingly) that the problem of Nigerians isn't the quality of education but a genetic degradation that compromised their thinking ability, im beginning to take that joke seriously.

A grown arse man could have all the knowledge in the world but he lacks the ability to apply the same knowledge, what use is the knowledge anyways?

I became horrified when he brought in sales record in technical comparison.
sadly, loads of his likes felt cool with his position, that tells you he isn't alone in the sickness.
grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2019
jpphilips:

Ask yourself, who in his right senses compares an Attack/Transport combo platform with Attack only platform?
It is not just about comparison tools, that guy Warthunder has no clue the basis for such comparison.

A Psychologist once told me (jokingly) that the problem of Nigerians isn't the quality of education but a genetic degradation that compromised their thinking ability, im beginning to take that joke seriously.

A grown arse man could have all the knowledge in the world but he lacks the ability to apply the same knowledge, what use is the knowledge anyways?

sadly, loads of his likes felt cool with his position, that tells you he isn't alone in the sickness.
grin grin grin

You are one of the few responding to his nonsense because you just had to show him you're smarter than him.

Scroll past his posts and stop feeding trolls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by obidark: 7:32am On Nov 14, 2019
jpphilips:

Did you use the comparison tool and you didn't see all the attack helos that compete with the Apache including some you mentioned?

If you know anything about capability comparison, you would've known you indirectly answered your own question, Like hell you could.
Ah-64 and mi-28 are strictly attacks, Mi-35 combines attack with transport, that alone disqualifies the later from competing with the former, that was the reason Boeing doesn't need to mention your darling Mi-35, like I said, Mi-35 will be mentioned when Boeing compares attack & transport you are not smarter than Boeing please keep quiet.

The comparison standard Boeing used in that tool you're struggling to understand is a global standard, I have that for automobiles as well, unfortunately, I will not share it with you because you lack the underlying principle for comparing capabilities, I wont be responsible for your next migrane.

In the automobile tool, once you select a compact sedan like Toyota Corolla, Honda's Accord will disapper, but Honda's Civic will come alive, same thing happens when you select a mid size Sedan like Honda Accord, Toyota's Corolla will disappear while the Camry comes alive.

In a comparison tool, anything not on the list isn't a competitor, that's the ABC knowledge you are expected to have before comparing anything, unfortunately the man that doesn't know jack thinks he is smarter than Boeing, accept my sympathies grin grin

There is no technical comaprison tool that brings in "patronage" into the equation so your constant repeating sales figure when the subject is technical comparisons is silly!.

If Honda sells just 1 Accord or doesn't sell at all, it doesn't stop it from competing with Toyota's Camry technically, stop sounding like a comedian.

can you calm the fvck down....??
soo,you know more than him,so what....??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2019
jpphilips:

grin grin grin

That guys is sounding like a reincarnated covert1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by theenchanter: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2019
obidark:

can you calm the fvck down....??
soo,you know more than him,so what....??
hahahaha, i scrolled from d bottom to d top and i saw this post without the poster's moniker cos the quoted post is long... but immediately i saw d post, i knew it would surely be this guy. gringringrin

I was right. grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by remi1444: 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Evening bro. I sent you a "Hi" message and haven't seen your reply.

I am in Maiduguri for now. Are you in Maid?
embarassed Good morning, you're yet to reply my mail. Be like Gmail dump am for Spam box.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
#NAF PILOT
Always ready and willing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
#ThrowbackThursday Gen Yakubu Gowon and graduating cadets of the NDA Regular 1 Course in March 1967. Full faces from Left to Right: Cadets Salihu Ibrahim, Rabiu Aliyu, M Dahiru, Oladipo Diya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
oyinpr:
bro you even get time dey follow the guy talk I envy your patience.

And the worst thing is that he's a lecturer in one strategic bla bla bla(if that's true). No wonder the people at the helm of affairs in the army don't know left from right. It's mind boggling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
blacKDalia:

And the worst thing is that he's a lecturer in one strategic bla bla bla(if that's true). No wonder the people at the helm of affairs in the army don't know left from right. It's mind boggling.
Who does he lecture? Mannequins?
This thread has had its fair share of impostors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
Who does he lecture? Mannequins?
This thread has had its fair share of impostors

I want to ask the same question, I just decided to keep the question to myself.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
#More NAF PILOTS

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iblawi1: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
seankafor:
u wan tell me say if a useless pilot is on the wheels on su 30 whatever, even an RPG won't shoot it down? undecided
I don't see a any country putting a useless pilot on any equipment close to a $100 million. This is real life not cartoon network.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
seankafor:
u wan tell me say if a useless pilot is on the wheels on su 30 whatever, even an RPG won't shoot it down? undecided

A useless pilot won't even qualify to fly a su30 grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Iblawi1:

real life not is cartoon network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2019
bidexiii:

I want to ask the same question, I just decided to keep the question to myself.....
LOL. You guys didn't notice it from his initial posts? I wonder how people come here to boast that they 've this or that experience, or they are this or that when here is a faceless forum and anything gives. Keep anything you are in your pocket, nobody send anybody for here o.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
bidexiii:
#NAF PILOT Always ready and willing

when will you guys dump these alpha Jets and turn them to trainers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jeez,i just into nairaland as a member after 8 years of viewing battlefield discussion

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
Stormtrooper11:
Jeez,i just into nairaland as a member after 8 years of viewing battlefield discussion

and so undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
seankafor:
and so undecided
just glad

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
NAF HELICOPTER SUFFERS MISHAP UPON LANDING IN ENUGU

‪A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Helicopter has crashed on landing in Enugu after a routine flight today. Fortunately, there were no fatalities or injuries to any crew member or persons on the ground.‬ The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has directed the immediate constitution of a Board of Inquiry to determine the cause(s) of the accident. The NAF continues to solicit the understanding and support of the general public as it daily strives to ensure the security of Nigeria and Nigerians.‬ Details later.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.