Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,779 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073373 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Its a graph showing the decreasing numbers of people effected/killed by Bokoharem. grin

99% of guys here now are new comers, during the dark days where SiriusBlack was in the N.E frontline, then we got most of the gist from is thread before it was taken down. Then I was just deployed to the north east for the second time, bomb blast was the order of the day and constant attack on military formations.

The NA was totally humiliated, @samuelanyawu who is saying BHT is roaming freely now in the N.E, way back during the dark days Monguno where his currently working now was totally in control of BHT likewise other L.G.A then.
Much has to be done and can be done, I can beat my chest that things are far better now.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Italian Priest Father Pierluigi Maccalli of African Missionary Society Kidnapped by jihadists in Bomoanga Niger Republique in 2018 and Nicola Ciacco another Italian appeared in a short clip released by jihadists to show proof of life.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
I haven't been seeing our tanks in action in the North East, most especially the T72 for a while now, what happend to them? Attrition?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
bidexiii:

Don’t let us deceive our selves, even if terrorism in Nigerian is been fought by Russia, American and Israeli military they will not put end to it. They might even make things worst which is there trade mark.
Terrorism is an ideology you can only reduce it to the minimal.
You re right.
Algeria is an example
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
bidexiii:

99% of guys here now are new comers, during the dark days where SiriusBlack was in the N.E frontline, then we got most of the gist from is thread before it was taken down. Then I was just deployed to the north east for the second time, bomb blast was the order of the day and constant attack on military formations.

The NA was totally humiliated, @samuelanyawu who is saying BHT is roaming freely now in the N.E, way back during the dark days Monguno where his currently working now was totally in control of BHT likewise other L.G.A then.
Much has to be done and can be done, I can beat my chest that things are far better now.

In 2018 we travel freely from Monguno to Kukawa to Baga. I really miss the Baga fish shaaa. In 2019 you dare not move 5Km out of Monguno towards Kukawa.

Baba Lake Chad basin is now worse than 2017 and early 2018 era.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
bidexiii:
Italian Priest Father Pierluigi Maccalli of African Missionary Society Kidnapped by jihadists in Bomoanga Niger Republique in 2018 and Nicola Ciacco another Italian appeared in a short clip released by jihadists to show proof of life.

There mostly used for patrol not much they can do in this type of environment while fighting a gorilla insurgency besides act like pumped up MRAPS. What are they gonna do shell the hell out of the forest and desert via horizontal blasts? Nigerian army already uses a lot of different artillery so whats the point. At least that's my educated guess. smiley

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
komekn:

Agreed 100% you completely get the point.

Comprehensive unacceptable falure imagine the "Desert Warriors" getting complacent and loosing 92 soldiers largest singular loos of sldiers in thier history. My view they lacked the mind set of other nations operating in that area, who would have run away.

But going back to my proposition that underpins my write up, FAILURE is the beginning of SUCCESS The response from the Chadeans was to address thier failure and respond with RESOUNDING COMPREHENSIVE SUCCCESS/ VICTORY. They even had the President Idris leading the deadly unforgiving response

The arms they captured just mind bogling, news reports have they even freed NA combatants.

Now the question is what will be the NA response , the Chadeans have raised the standard, can we now enter Sambisa and clear that plaace once and for all.

What do you think ?
But why are you talking like NA doesn't give responses after comprehensive losses too?

As for this whole matter, I'm among those that believe we don't have leaders both in khakis and agbadas ready to see this through.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
The way some people dey always talk, like say nah only dem dey see wetin dey happen for north east grin

We all saw the video a 2 star general was pleading for more support from his superior, in fact, a soldier was crying in the video grin

They are wailing about French army not defeating terrorists in Mali, talking about US army not defeating terrorists in Somalia grin when has Mali become a state in France, abi Somalia is now part of the US territory?

I even read one jargons talk, about the Chadian president doing a PR stunt, let your own president do him own PR stunt for Borno north.

We have seen videos of bombing upon bombing, yet majority of the people from this affected areas in borno can't return home, they still live in IDP camps. Mtcheww.

If this country is even a serious country, should we even have terrorists on our territory at all... Dem open mouth start to dey call useless and failed states like Somalia grin

2 star general pleading.
What type if lie.

Lol, i was taking ur post seriously, until i saw that screenshot.
U can do better than following that wailing waller on twitter.
That twitter handle can lie.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
bidexiii:

Don’t let us deceive our selves, even if terrorism in Nigerian is been fought by Russia, American and Israeli military they will not put end to it. They might even make things worst which is there trade mark.
Terrorism is an ideology you can only reduce it to the minimal.
You re right.
Algeria is an example

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
BabaOwen:
The kind of job I do, I can't escape from paying tax.
You should have gotten the answers from my questions grin

Nigerian politicians are corrupt and clueless, on the long run, what's happening in the North east will affect Nigeria. Armed bandits invaded and killed some people in some villages in sokoto 2 weeks ago, more than 20 people were killed, same 2 weeks ago, bandits attacked some villages in pleateu state. Is not as if the FG don't care about this states, they want this attacks to stop, but they are clueless

Cultists and touts do wreck havoc on the street of Lagos. What have the Lagos state government done about it?

Nigerians also pay tax on goods we purchase, is called VAT. Is not as if we don't pay tax, is not just as high as some other countries. Nigerians pay money for power supply we don't see. For the past 9 days, all the light I don see combine no fit enter 5hrs, yet we pay thousands of naira per month.

Very soon, me sef go port to an organise country.
So, u re currently living in Nigeria,
A lie has been busted.
But u said u re nt in Nigeria a couple years ago

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
komekn:

I made a tactical assessment and raised questions from those observations.

All the questions relate to the specifics of that one engagement at that time.

The use of existing assets and expected outcomes.

In a nutshell, how did 10 rudimentary gun trucks hold down three Battalions of the Nigerian army ❓❓❓ With a IMO opinion projected 1500 troops.
Wait. You think 1500 troops will be in one staging area or what is this that I'm reading?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
Sizzorkay:

Ranting here won't change what goes on Abuja, i beg spare us the lecture.
Before anybody goes spluttering the same thing over and over again. Here is words of wisdom!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
ST1 light tank it is referred to.

VT4 MBT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:

Wow! That the Chadians had a successful engagement with ISIS/BH, albeit it was a joint MNJTF operation with NAF ISR assets and helos, now makes them Gods? So the fact they lost over 90 troops is swept away and a photo opportunity by Mr Deby now qualifies him as a hero?

The fact that a lot of the islands were in Chad didn't matter at all and the successes of the NA in killing lots of BH/ISIS fighters in the past, not to talk of the various videos of the NAF blowing up BHT/ISIS ammunition dumps don't matter because we don't have NA soldiers laying over the ammunition in vogue style?

A lot of folk would laugh and say "lies" whenever the Armed Forces have bad a successful operation but any thing foreign is "true".

You have people with different agendas on this thread from a certain faction that can never see anything good, to people of a certain political affiliation to also people determined to spread misinformation.

Every country has faults and problems waging a war and there will be set-backs as well as victories.

The NAF for one is vastly under-equipped and the entire inventory isn't even enough to wage a sustained war in the NE not to talk of the different theatres they are currently operating in. For those asking where the air force is when troops are attacked, you do know that you need a FAC/JTAC with every patrol/base who can co-ordinate with pilots in the heat of battle as the pilots can't differentiate between friend or foe from up high? Ask the pilots in the Rann incident.

An SU-25 won't make much of a difference if there is nobody on the ground to co-ordinate with unless there is a clear gap between friend & foe. You will need a hell of a lot of assets to be able to sustain helos/fighters for every engagement taking into account downtime, training etc. If you utilise all your assets at once, you will end up with nothing operational further down the line.

The Tucano will help a lot because of its advanced avionics/weapons and the fact it can loiter for over 8 hours with ISR capabilities even after expending its weapons.

I have no interest in politics and you guys who vote can choose your leaders and they are a reflection of society. I only care for the Armed Forces whoever us in charge and it is quite disheartening to see people being so disrespectful to the Armed Forces and indeed the country because of selfish interests.

You have no other country. Carry on.

https://t.guardian.ng/news/nigerian-army-destroys-iswap-camp-at-tumbun-fulani-in-northern-borno/
Baba, abeg help me manage am

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:
For people interested, NA has taken delivery of Chinese ST1 light tanks and VT4 MBTs

https://dailytimes.ng/insurgency-army-takes-delivery-of-sophisticated-armaments-from-china/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/04/08/insurgency-army-takes-delivery-of-armoured-tanks-artillery-trucks/
Although I advocated this VT4 as far back as 2017 or so... IMHO we don't need it. Factor in training and competency time and how little an MBT will have on the battlefield, you just want to slap the red out of a General's collar!

Get the boys some bloody IFVs! Refurbished BMP2s could be landing in Nigeria in tens and twentys by April ending!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:
ST1 light tank it is referred to.

VT4 MBT
How many did we buy?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
kabe1:

How many did we buy?

Don't know numbers yet, but I think they are coming in batches and this is the first batch.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
Odunayaw:
Although I advocated this VT4 as far back as 2017 or so... IMHO we don't need it. Factor in training and competency time and how little an MBT will have on the battlefield, you just want to slap the red out of a General's collar!

Get the boys some bloody IFVs! Refurbished BMP2s could be landing in Nigeria in tens and twentys by April ending!

They have already been trained in China and some ongoing training is also going to take place. I think there are assorted vehicles ordered so you never know.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
QuietMynd:

Baba, abeg help me manage am

Thank you sir. E full belle grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:

They have already been trained in China and some ongoing training is also going to take place. I think there are assorted vehicles ordered so you never know.
There's an acclimatization to the Nigerian battlefield they must undergo too. Anyway, let's wait and see.

Modify
I think the St-1 is from the same family of ZBL the Chadians Abi na Cameroonians use. But if the Sagaie were refurbished(not just painting o) it could complement.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Very nice. Do you know how many were bought?

I think it will all become clear over time. But 17 vehicles were off-loaded at the time of the report.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Odunayaw:
There's an acclimatization to the Nigerian battlefield they must undergo too. Anyway, let's wait and see.

Modify
I think the St-1 is from the same family of ZBL the Chadians Abi na Cameroonians use. But if the Sagaie were refurbished(not just painting o) it could complement.

I agree.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
At least this tanks should be usefull against the gun trucks. Its a $152 million deal. 17 vehicles were delivered today including the MBT, light tanks and some artilleries.
Unit cost of VT4-$3million
Unit cist of armata - $3.7 million
I think we went for the better deal considering the VT4 has almost all that the armata has for a lesser price.
The fact that we didn't hear anything about this deal till it was delivered means FG is keeping a lot of deals secret. I hope so sha.
Hope we see more hardwares in the next few months

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:
At least this tanks should be usefull against the gun trucks. Its a $153 million deal. 17 vehicles were delivered today including the MBT, light tanks and some artilleries.
I think we went for the better deal considering the VT4 has almost all that the armata has for a lesser price.
The fact that we didn't hear anything about this deal till it was delivered means FG is keeping a lot of deals secret. I hope so sha.

More hardwares shopping to also come from Russia and China

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 11:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:
At least this tanks should be usefull against the gun trucks. Its a $153 million deal. 17 vehicles were delivered today including the MBT, light tanks and some artilleries.

They did say last year that a lot of equipment had been ordered, but people chose to ignore it and were cynical as per usual grin

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:

Are you actually comparing the T-14 Armata next gen tank with a third gen Chinese MBT? That's total disrespect bro. angry
I too hope to see lots more hardware soon.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
rka2:

They did say last year that a lot of equipment had been ordered, but people chose to ignore it and were cynical as per usual grin

grin shocked grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Are you actually comparing the T-14 Armata next gen tank with a third gen Chinese MBT? That's total disrespect bro. angry
I too hope to see lots more hardware soon.

To be fair the T-14 Armata is untested and covert about its true capabilities and limitations. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Habane(m): 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
Whyem15:
At least this tanks should be usefull against the gun trucks. Its a $152 million deal. 17 vehicles were delivered today including the MBT, light tanks and some artilleries.
Are you seriously comparing the Russian Armata with Chinko VT4?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.