Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028817 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
komekn:

It would help when you respond to give comprehensive examples.

Maybe l am wrong but l have never heard of a Chadian army base been over run, taken over for days, multiple soldiers killed and weapons carted off and or destroyed.

This is the first time it seems to have happened to the Chadians please correct me factually if I'm wrong.

Boko have been literally uprooted comprehensively wiped out from Chad in the space of a week.

In Comparison how long have Boko made Sambisa thier operating home base without being uprooted ❓ What has been the comprehensive response by the NA.

How many Nigerian armed forces bases have been over run by BOKO and sometimes they Boko have done a rerun and come back . In the past 10 years❓

Chadian and Niger military formations/bases gets often overrun just like NA military bases, few cases with the Cameroonian neighbors.
And you claim you’re not new here on the thread and you have friends and family in the military.
All Boko haram bases has been uprooted in Sambisa forest time without number, the only side we’ve not been able to clear his the northern lake chad fringes and this has been like that for years.
Now BHT has not even been totally wiped out on Chadian soil likewise the Lake Chad basin areas both share as borders. Those rats will keep coming from out from nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
jpphilips:

So in a 19yrs conflict based on your figures BTW, 0.3% KIA and 2.3% WIA means failure, defeat & fatally flawed strategy?
What a logic!!

It's not him that called it a failure. Everyone knows it's a failure. Even Trump the great idiot based his campaign on bringing the troops home and ending America's misadventures in the middle east.

0.3% KIA sounds really nice. Except if your brother or sister was included in that kill statistic.

Consider, the war in Afghanistan has damaged the US almost beyond the point of recovery. It has spent trillions of dollars prosecuting this war and has precious little to show for it. Its civil infrastructure is in shambles because there's no money to fix these, since war consumes money like crazy.

What the above statistics don't show is that quite a few service men and women stuffer from PTSD. They act crazy and do the craziest things and the cost of treating them is astronomical.

The war in Afghanistan has also massively degraded the US war fighting abilities. While it was focusing on fighting towelheads, the Chinese were massively growing their army and navy and the Russians were getting bolder and acting out.

Reports of massacres and torture by US forces also does its reputation no good and makes it look hypocritical when it lectures other countries on human rights.

The US war on terror is a failure with no clear goal or objective. The only thing it has to show for it is millions of deaths and unimaginable devastation. The Taliban they invaded Afghanistan to remove will be back in charge of that country very soon.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
The true situation, what NA faces unlike there Chadian counterparts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmPQTcGxAY
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

Lol baba is asking for refurbished tanks from Ukraine, but has forgotten what has happened to the T72s we bought from same Ukraine, you can't satisfy everybody bro.

You are comparing apples and watermelons. The contract for the T-72s you are talking about were awarded to top brass in the NA. They went and got near-scrap T-72s for less than $100,000 and then sold it to the NA for around $3 million.

I still have Nairaland links to that shit. And yes, it still makes me super angry when I think about it.

What Komekn was saying was that we buy second hand T-72s and massively upgrade them. In case you didn't know, Russian has tens of thousands of these tanks in stock and just parks them cos they are not needed.

We can get them very cheap and that means we can have hundreds of them rolling around our battlefield for the price of what we are paying for these Chinese tanks. Putin might even give some to us for free if we let him spend some private time with Genevieve Nnaji wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
bidexiii:
The true situation, what NA faces unlike there Chadian counterparts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmPQTcGxAY
I cherish the charisma and boldness of that general adeniyi
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
Toju200:
this whole operation was a MNJTF ops but mostly Chad...
Mapping was unexpectedly done by Israeli Airforce
Airlift of logistics was done by Chad and Nigeria
Aerial command post-Nigeria
Artillery and Airstrikes Nigeria and chadian helicopters...
Ground offensive Chad....

Why would Israel do aerial mapping for the MNJTF?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
jpphilips:

Why would Israel do aerial mapping for the MNJTF?

Maybe the Israelis just wanted to stretch their legs or wanted to see if their cameras were still working. Or perhaps the Chadians had a few hundred thousand dollars to throw around, and had an urge to waste it paying Israelis for detailed aerial mapping, when Nigeria could had freely provided this wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Maybe the Israelis just wanted to stretch their legs or wanted to see if their cameras were still working. Or perhaps the Chadians had a few hundred thousand dollars to throw around, and had an urge to waste it paying Israelis for detailed aerial mapping, when Nigeria could had freely provided this wink
of course they paid Israel to do it
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

[/b]You are comparing apples and watermelons. The contract for the T-72s you are talking about were awarded to top brass in the NA. They went and got near-scrap T-72s for less than $100,000 and then sold it to the NA for around $3 million[b]

I still have Nairaland links to that shit. And yes, it still makes me super angry when I think about it.

What Komekn was saying was that we buy second hand T-72s and massively upgrade them. In case you didn't know, Russian has tens of thousands of these tanks in stock and just parks them cos they are not needed.

We can get them very cheap and that means we can have hundreds of them rolling around our battlefield for the price of what we are paying for these Chinese tanks. Putin might even give some to us for free if we let him spend some private time with Genevieve Nnaji wink

Please don’t even let us go to that era where the likes of Amosun and IHerinjika got hundreds of millions of dollars borrowed to buy new MBT/IFV and jets, last last naa 3rd grade-hand MBT them go buy, Amosun go rent helicopters.
For me too I’ll would have preferred we buy huge numbers of T72 from Russia they have them in thousand rotting. Then build a facility here in Nigeria to upgrade/maintain them, a kind of technology transfer. This would have been a force multiplier but these new babies are incredible.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
seankafor:
I cherish the charisma and boldness of that general adeniyi

Me too
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Raising the flag of the Egyptian Naval forces on the third offensive submarine during its reception ceremony in the port of kiel north Germany this Thursday morning.. the submarine is the third out of (4) Signed by Egypt

Chai I dey always jealous this Egyptian military shopping’s grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
bidexiii:

Please don’t even let us go to that era where the likes of Amosun and IHerinjika got hundreds of millions of dollars borrowed to buy new MBT/IFV and jets, last last naa 3rd grade-hand MBT them go buy, Amosun go rent helicopters.
For me too I’ll would have preferred we buy huge numbers of T72 from Russia they have them in thousand rotting. Then build a facility here in Nigeria to upgrade/maintain them, a kind of technology transfer. This would have been a force multiplier but these new babies are incredible.

Yes, the new babes look incredible, but we need hundreds at least. They can face the gun trucks used by the terrorists and blast them to bits with ease.
It might have been cheaper to ask Putin to send us some T-72s he's not using and then massively upgrade these, plus the rest of the NA fleet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Toju200:
of course they paid Israel to do it

I was actually being sarcastic. What you should be asking is why did Chad waste hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions paying Israelis for an aerial survey the NA could have provided.
In case you didn't know, Chad is very poor. As in very very poor. I recently read how they are repaying debts with shipments of cattle..
Why would a country so poor spend big money when what it wanted was supposedly available with the NA and for free?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
bidexiii:
Raising the flag of the Egyptian Naval forces on the third offensive submarine during its reception ceremony in the port of kiel north Germany this Thursday morning.. the submarine is the third out of (4) Signed by Egypt

Egypt is good, but what Algeria has makes me drool. Like seriously.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chad has released the outcome of the recent Boma anger
Says they lost 52 troops
Killed a thousand terrorists
Channels TV says so...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
bidexiii:

Asin eeh
Dem get money Sha wat to do grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5JeIMGLSnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru-8HedQ9Jo

Guys the 1st video is the most important to watch or download, in the video lieutenant Gen Adeosun made mention of the heavy and light tanks, I think the VT4 MBT and STI tank destroyer respectively.
He also made mention in the video that two types of artillery where purchased ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Westerners ARE NOT & NEVER will be our friends. The sooner Nigerians accept this the better off will be. grin

That's a nonsensical proposition without one iota of substance.

How did you arrive at that deduction ❓ Have you lived in the West and or where educated there. Or is it by personal association and even then you there are a lot of countries in the West.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
Retired Men BUT Not Tired. Service to Humanity. God Bless Nigeria .
#ArmySkyDivers
#Airbone
#NA

WO Maikollo Gambo (rtd), Precision skydivers, displaying at the Graduation ceremony of the HQNigerianArmy Basic #Airborne Course 46 at the Nigerian Army School of Infantry, Jaji.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
All these fights over tanks.
Who remembers the time when it was T84 Ukrainian oplots we were supposed to get?

Then didn't happen and we got T72s instead. For the price we got them, spares and repairs meant we couldn't sustain any momentum with them.

We got VT4s, this deal most likely comes with support and logistics for an extensive period of time. It lacks all the bells and whistles of their MBT3000, but it is advanced than anything in Sub Saharan Africa right now.

By the way, Thailand actually preferred The Oplot but Ukraine wasn't able to meet production demands (priorities for their own army at war with Russia) so soon chose the VT4 to fill in their needs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sizzorkay:
Think he meant Chad, not Nigeria.
As for those saying the US can't defeat the Talis, boy, pray you don't see the full might of the US unleashed on your country.
Only reason groups like the taliban are still around, is to avoid civilian casualties and preserve infrastructure, in other words, the US is using proportional force, if they were to use all they've got, short of nukes, there will be no Afghan left, let alone talibans.
But since they claim to be doing this for the people and perhaps democracy, they can't exactly turn the whole country to ashes.
So their lack of victory isn't due to lack of ability to do so, we would be asking, what's left of Afghanistan as a country after it's been decimated from air. I mean, the US have some hell on earth kind of fire power you even wouldn't wish on your enemy.

The first time US pulled a hit on Haqqani rebels the present godfathers of Taliban on the Pakistani border in 2017, they struck with the GBU-43/B, for 12 days, no human being could come close to the blast radius, no thanks to the 11Tons of TNT.
That bomb has never been used since it was made in 2003, some comedians thought Taliban came to the negotiation table for fun.
Don't bother yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chief, you are kinda late to the party lol, why are you responding to past posts from days ago grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Axe4christ: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
jpphilips:

The first time US pulled a hit on Haqqani rebels the present godfathers of Taliban on the Pakistani border in 2017, they struck with the GBU-43/B, for 12 days, no human being could come close to the blast radius, no thanks to the 11Tons of TNT.
That bomb has never been used since it was made in 2003, some comedians thought Taliban came to the negotiation table for fun.
Don't bother yourself.

I just laugh, someone even said the war in Afghanistan has damaged the US almost beyond the point of recovery. Like seriously? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
Toju200:
Jesus!!!!
Guy can't u be grateful for ones
You are always *I'll rather this and that*
What is now wrong if they buy new VT-4.
I'm sure if they had bought refurbished tanks you'll say they sold Nigeria repaired scraps from junkyards...
It's a 154million dollar deal...
The amount of machines dropped yesterday was 17

You are being emotive and not objective and finally don't blaspheme.

Battlefield management is very similar to corporate management one description of profits is monetary and the other is victory over the adversary.

In this context time and impact spread are very important. And our main threat and concern is the Boko and the SE.

How large is the entire theatre of the SE❓

What impact across the entire theatre of operation in the SE will 30+ tanks make ❓❓

Then the question is are they what is needed in an attrition and asymmetric warfare environment.? ❓❓❓

You can talk from sentiment or you can look at things from a standpoint of objectivity and outcomes delivery. I guess depending on your knowledge base.

That's why we always ask the question, "Fit for purpose"

Is that what we need tactically speaking in the NE in this type of Sahel savanna desert based attrition and asymmetric warfare. That require self-sustaining units of search and destroy missions to seek out the enemy, respond to intelligence with expedience and devastating effect .

Is this this procurement "BEST VALUE" and if is it not, what are the alternatives? So below my constructive alternative approach, for better effective spread across the entire operational theatre.

In this regard l would rather have bought 100 T64/ 72 upgraded, 150 BMP 3 and the ubiquitous yet still effective BTR 80 at least 150 have them retrofitted with basic FLIR.

And still have some a lot of change for the game changer. Light armoured MRAP type vehicles instead of the software skinned Toyota pick up trucks.

With good negotiations probably create a subsidiary solution for technology transfer. That means part local manufacture.

Way cheaper and effective than those huge heavy and far from nimble MRAPS that are simply not fit for purpose. If you really want to chase down Boko in search and destroy missions. I am talking about the Russia GAZ Tigre. Not the best but very durable and rugged and armoured but still nimble. It won't get stuck off road like the huge MRAP'S.

What I find strange that these are things l know, from commercial procurement in Europe. so l can't believe our top brass dont know these things.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
Odunayaw:
Kabe1 have posted such facts —of their loss. Even a simple google search will help

If you think 20 dead here and there and a bursting off their stashes equals "wiping out", then I'm afraid, this discussion will go in circles

Don't piggy back on some one elses comments that's a bit weak.

And if you do, of you can take a screen shot of my comments you can of his.

I was very specific not general.

You comment but you don't address the issue in any way or form.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Odunayaw:
They were in what I call a "regroup" thus making it possible for the three Generals to be in a video. In advance or even defense, 3 battalions can never be together. Of course, this isn't going into details of orbat as I don't have such strength to type

I am honestly shocked to see a general in a forward position in very volatility direct contact engagement with the enemy.

Three Generals is totally bewildering irrespective of the circumstances.

Theory and practice are two different things.

I could write an academic paper on organisational culture and the preponderance of culture over process management and strategic response.

And in the context of the military it has greater credence.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
Odunayaw:
I also don't like the BTRs but they're dirt cheap and they could be gotten fast AND IMPORTANTLY they are quite fit for purpose...Even if we have just 12 per Battalion, with MRAPs complementing

90% of Boko combatants will have an mainly light arms. Then the smaller % will have RPG's and of course the obligatory sometimes battered gun trucks with HMG.

When the lead starts flying what's your survival chance in the back of a pick up truck then if you survive that of course you would have taken casualties. What's then is your response afterwards, not very effective my opinion. You are now trying to stay alive, disorientated and shocked.

Which would you rather be in a BTR 80 with 30mm that will give protection from the Ak raining round around you. And a chance to respond. If we retrofit cage armour you have negated the RPG threat to some degree.

In addition BTR is great off road, never have to follow the same track twice. Very difficult to set up IED ambush.

Which would your prefer to be in, a $50 K used BTR or a $50k brand new Toyota truck.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
komekn:

That's a nonsensical proposition without one iota of substance.

How did you arrive at that deduction ❓ Have you lived in the West and or where educated there. Or is it by personal association and even then you there are a lot of countries in the West.

Get the Bleep out of here coon. It's braindeads like you that are the reason countries like France and beyond still have much of the continent under uninterrupted economic and soilshilogic slavery and why there about to test bio agents here.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
BlackBaron:
All these fights over tanks.
Who remembers the time when it was T84 Ukrainian oplots we were supposed to get?

Then didn't happen and we got T72s instead. For the price we got them, spares and repairs meant we couldn't sustain any momentum with them.

We got VT4s, this deal most likely comes with support and logistics for an extensive period of time. It lacks all the bells and whistles of their MBT3000, but it is advanced than anything in Sub Saharan Africa right now.

By the way, Thailand actually preferred The Oplot but Ukraine wasn't able to meet production demands (priorities for their own army at war with Russia) so soon chose the VT4 to fill in their needs.

We are not contending with Algeria or Egypt it's Boko Haram it's not conventional warfare.

Not what we need and therefore not fit for purpose. IMO

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Get the Bleep out of here coon. It's braindeads like you that are the reason countries like France and beyond still have much of the continent under uninterrupted economic and soilshilogic slavery and why there about to test bio agents here.

I have one answer for you SILENCE

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
Best response yet.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

You are comparing apples and watermelons. The contract for the T-72s you are talking about were awarded to top brass in the NA. They went and got near-scrap T-72s for less than $100,000 and then sold it to the NA for around $3 million.

Absolutely correct. LOL

Although l use the term used it's somewhat misleading. Some of these Tanks have less than 3000 miles on them. They have just been stored for years.

Many eastern block countries give them away for free in the name of friendly gestures. See below.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_21570.htm?selectedLocale=en

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.