Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,493 members, 7,861,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:01 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3074202 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacretus(m): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
Salatavor:
Of course you are not the leader. I personally will be ashamed of my self if I am being led by an immature and easily provoked sets of inneptitudes whose only excuse for failure is that "at least we are getting something" you are not and will never be the giant of Africa as far as military force is concerned if you continue this way. Giant of Africa. You think its just Planes that you do not have? Nigeria lacks any form of force projecting system as it is right now we are incapable of launching a modest assault anywhere outside our territory for self defense or for self sustenance. Even Mali can give us a rough day at the battle field and this person thinks calling me names is the solution to his problem. You lack Air defense systems, you lack a mechanised army, you lack a blue water navy, you lack the ability to launch a sustcained assault even within your territory and you are here insulting me.

The General complaining the other time was still within Nigeria fighting a local insurgency and we already have issues, what of when we are faced with a worthy mechanised brigade sized battle hardened conventional force.

I remember the Military enthusiasts that I know, they used to be people that sit down and talk about the operational needs of the Nigerian fighting force. But the wayward people we see this days are people that are trying to sugar coat failure and white wash incompetence.

How can a general be complaining that he is overwhelmed by gun trucks when countries around us are fielding very impressive fully mechanized armoured brigade sized forces. How do we stand them if we can't stand Boko Haram Hilux gun trucks.

You think calling me name is the stake here?
ogbeni!!! Nothing you say today that hasn't been said. Channel your anger to the DHQ if n.a. here you dey para, you will cry blood and nothing will happen.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by phazotron(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
BlackBaron:

At bolded, pray tell where I said such?

About the AC-130, You have comprehension issues I'm guessing? I quoted the dude as an aside. Nigeria can damn buy any military hardware from any blocs, union or party willing to sell. However, you don't seem to know anything about development history. Retrofitting by Denel to any C130 would take a significant period of time before their concept becomes reality unless Nigeria hasn't got any immediate need for it.
It took 3 years for Airbus Military/ATK to retrofit the AC235 and was still undergoing more modifications as the years went by. If we are talking of gunships available for service right now, those are the options I gave.

Yes, it may take a while but better late than never. We desperately need long endurance-high survivability gunships and cas platforms.

I still believe we can acquire 1 or 2 gunships thru backdoor means. Neither straightforward nor easy, but possible.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
Salatavor:
Of course you are not the leader. I personally will be ashamed of my self if I am being led by an immature and easily provoked sets of inneptitudes whose only excuse for failure is that "at least we are getting something" you are not and will never be the giant of Africa as far as military force is concerned if you continue this way. Giant of Africa. You think its just Planes that you do not have? Nigeria lacks any form of force projecting system as it is right now we are incapable of launching a modest assault anywhere outside our territory for self defense or for self sustenance. Even Mali can give us a rough day at the battle field and this person thinks calling me names is the solution to his problem. You lack Air defense systems, you lack a mechanised army, you lack a blue water navy, you lack the ability to launch a sustained assault even within your territory and you are here insulting me.

The General complaining the other time was still within Nigeria fighting a local insurgency and we already have issues, what of when we are faced with a worthy mechanised brigade sized battle hardened conventional force.

I remember the Military enthusiasts that I know, they used to be people that sit down and talk about the operational needs of the Nigerian fighting force. But the wayward people we see this days are people that are trying to sugar coat failure and white wash incompetence.

How can a general be complaining that he is overwhelmed by gun trucks when countries around us are fielding very impressive fully mechanized armoured brigade sized forces. How do we stand them if we can't stand Boko Haram Hilux gun trucks.

gurellia warfare is different from conventional warfare...You say Mali will give us a rough day in battle ha I laugh. We been the gaint of Africa Entails many things not just military...You know Egypt is stronger.
There's no African country that can defeat us in battle except perhaps military..
You're using our present situation to judge I'm using the future
The general complained of Wrong info and tactics given to him
He failed to change and respond on time IMO
No country would dare Nigeria currently and in a few years.
You say we don't have air defense I agree
The TRACON project is underway
Nigeria got the best eyes In the sky In case u don't know
ISR and Geospatial technology
Yes we fail most times I get it but appreciate the little we do that's why I'm even on Nairaland
Isn't it the same Hilux terrorists in Mali that the whole European nations are deploying troops and hardware here and there..

Simple truth if Nigeria Falls Africa falls
IN Mandela's words: Africa won't be respected until Nigeria is respected

Egugun be Kiafulloo

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Salatavor: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
Toju200:
gurellia warfare is different from conventional warfare...You say Mali will give us a rough day in battle ha I laugh. We been the gaint of Africa Entails many things not just military...You know Egypt is stronger.
There's no African country that can defeat us in battle except perhaps military..
You're using our present situation to judge I'm using the future
The general complained of Wrong info and tactics given to him
He failed to change and respond on time IMO
No country would dare Nigeria currently and in a few years.
You say we don't have air defense I agree
The TRACON project is underway
Nigeria got the best eyes In the sky In case u don't know
ISR and Geospatial technology
Yes we fail most times I get it but appreciate the little we do that's why I'm even on Nairaland
Isn't it the same Hilux terrorists in Mali that the whole European nations are deploying troops and hardware here and there..

Simple truth if Nigeria Falls Africa falls
IN Mandela's words: Africa won't be respected until Nigeria is respected

Egugun be Kiafulloo
Why are you treating me like this? I would prefer you insult me and call me names than come here and try to sell these absurdities to me.

Do you think I am not aware of all these white elephant projects.

Wrap all these claims you have along with the claim that Nigeria will send a living breathing human being to the moon in 2025.

besides TRACON is intended to be a marine surveillance system.

You people keep saying Europeans are fighting terrorists and forget the fact that these people are not fighting terrorists on their own cities and towns. ISIS will not survive a day in Germany, France or anywhere in Europe or Eastern Europe.

But here we are consoling ourselves with the fact that since america cannot fight terrorist in another man's land we should just sit back and rear the terrorists in our midst.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
Salatavor:
Of course you are not the leader. I personally will be ashamed of my self if I am being led by an immature and easily provoked sets of inneptitudes whose only excuse for failure is that "at least we are getting something" you are not and will never be the giant of Africa as far as military force is concerned if you continue this way. Giant of Africa. You think its just Planes that you do not have? Nigeria lacks any form of force projecting system as it is right now we are incapable of launching a modest assault anywhere outside our territory for self defense or for self sustenance. Even Mali can give us a rough day at the battle field and this person thinks calling me names is the solution to his problem. You lack Air defense systems, you lack a mechanised army, you lack a blue water navy, you lack the ability to launch a sustained assault even within your territory and you are here insulting me.

cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
pacretus:
ogbeni!!! Nothing you say today that hasn't been said. Channel your anger to the DHQ if n.a. here you dey para, you will cry blood and nothing will happen.

I wonder O......... cool
Like someone will say key board commandos.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
Salatavor:
Why are you treating me like this? I would prefer you insult me and call me names than come here and try to sell these absurdities to me.

Do you think I am not aware of all these white elephant projects.

Wrap all these claims you have along with the claim that Nigeria will send a living breathing human being to the moon in 2025.

besides TRACON is intended to be a marine surveillance system.

You people keep saying Europeans are fighting terrorists and forget the fact that these people are not fighting terrorists on their own cities and towns. ISIS will not survive a day in Germany, France or anywhere in Europe or Eastern Europe.

But here we are consoling ourselves with the fact that since america cannot fight terrorist in another man's land we should just sit back and rear the terrorists in our midst.
Just imagine how would terrorism develope in a western world. they're Alot of things hindering such Their borders are not porous e.t.c
Secondly TRACON is not only for marine only Total Radar Coverage Over Nigeria is merging the airforce Tin sheild Radar with civil aviation radars. I'm aware of the recent setbacks the military is facing it happens everywhere you don't expect our military to be super human
Whether terrorism is In US and Russia or not they should flex some muscles na abi are they not world power.
If it's conventional warfare would u say because it's not in their country it started they're losing...
I'm not selling you absurdities.
If Nigeria says they would send an astronaut in 2025 I believe it's possible with the level of effort I see NASRDA putting they'll achieve.
I'm telling u things that are going on not Absurdities neither I'm I sugar coating any shit..
Well I won't blame you but Top brass
Also lemme inform u new equipments are already heading to the NE apart from the imported VT4 and the artillery..
It now the job of the boys to use them well..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
U.S objectives in Afghanistan are easy to list: stability, good governance and prosperity. It should be noted that the United States did not make a premeditated choice to focus it's attention on the small land locked mountainous region. 9/11 changed all that. The initial goal of US military operations was narrowly conceived ; the elimination of the threat posed by al-Qaeda. The mission was urgent and not preceded by any long term objective. Albeit they did make quick work of the Taliban regime, their efforts did not produce any rapid result on the hunt for Osama bin Laden. The longer the US stayed in Afghanistan, the more blurry the line became between it's narrow counter terror mission and a more ambitious effort of building a post Taliban Afghanistan.The question is, was the US' strategic objective of building a stable and prosperous Afghanistan achieved? The answer is no. And I think the Taliban will be back.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
phazotron:

If you have a brighter idea, why don't u let us know na

Or shey u like wetin dey happen for the general Adeniyi video? sad

Egungun be kiafoo cool
My man, there's no idea that will enter the budget. The Tucanoes are paid for and are coming...all this "brighter idea" will only be used in Nairaland Air force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by phazotron(m): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2020
Odunayaw:
My man, there's no idea that will enter the budget. The Tucanoes are paid for and are coming...all this "brighter idea" will only be used in Nairaland Air force

Sure, na discussion we dey discuss. Su25 over Tucano for me

Su25+gunship=a very scared and demoralized bh cool

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by phazotron(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Toju200:
Just imagine how would terrorism develope in a western world. they're Alot of things hindering such Their borders are not porous e.t.c
Secondly TRACON is not only for marine only Total Radar Coverage Over Nigeria is merging the airforce Tin sheild Radar with civil aviation radars. I'm aware of the recent setbacks the military is facing it happens everywhere you don't expect our military to be super human
Whether terrorism is In US and Russia or not they should flex some muscles na abi are they not world power.
If it's conventional warfare would u say because it's not in their country it started they're losing...
I'm not selling you absurdities.
If Nigeria says they would send an astronaut in 2025 I believe it's possible with the level of effort I see NASRDA putting they'll achieve.
I'm telling u things that are going on not Absurdities neither I'm I sugar coating any shit..
Well I won't blame you but Top brass
Also lemme inform u new equipments are already heading to the NE apart from the imported VT4 and the artillery..
It now the job of the boys to use them well..

Well I hope I see modern armaments and tech. I also hope the na leadership won't embezzle the money and buy shit for our boys.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
pacretus:
Loud am

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
Hope whoever wrote knows a fully mechanized armored brigade will fight conventionally [rigid stuff] and Toyotas don't have any book to play by

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Odunayaw:
Hope whoever wrote knows a fully mechanized armored brigade will fight conventionally [rigid stuff] and Toyotas don't have any book to play by
Help me tell him
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 11:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
BMPT Terminator, my weapon of choice for the NA in the North East(because of the double 30mm auto cannon and good crew protection and choice of thermobaric bombs for anti personnel) . The airforce should procure thermobaric bombs for those remote islands to be able to flush them out from their nonsense bunkers.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 12:07am On Apr 11, 2020
blacKDalia:
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/boko-haram-chadian-govt-dismisses-recent-onslaught-by-president-deby/

So it was fake news after all just as I expected NOW DON'T ALL YOU CHAD WORSHIPERS LOOK FUCK1NG STUP1D. Tchad is nothing but a poverty stricken malnourished FRENCH PUPPET STATE ruled by a single COON since independence in the FUCK1NG DESERT NOTHING MORE. The only thing Chad has done recently is get raided and nearly loose 100 men. grin

[url] https://www.sunnewsonline.com/boko-haram-chadian-govt-dismisses-recent-onslaught-by-president-deby/ [/url]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 12:15am On Apr 11, 2020
AskiaHarem:

So it was fake news after all just as I expected NOW DON'T ALL YOU CHAD WORSHIPERS LOOK FUCK1NG STUP1D. [/b] Tchad is nothing but a poverty stricken malnourished FRENCH PUPPET STATE ruled by a single COON since independence in the FUCK1NG DESERT NOTHING MORE. The only thing Chad has done recently is get raided and nearly loose 100 men. grin

[url] https://www.sunnewsonline.com/boko-haram-chadian-govt-dismisses-recent-onslaught-by-president-deby/ [/url]

Well, it was gotten from sunnewsonline. I don't know if it's genuine or fake.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 12:20am On Apr 11, 2020
blacKDalia:

Well, it was gotten from sunnewsonline. I don't know if it's genuine or fake.

Stop damaging controlling and down playing man the sh1t was obviously fake news from the start to anyone with an IQ above 60. Chad is a starving French prostitute in the desert missing 100 men.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 12:30am On Apr 11, 2020
Cannonleo:
did you watch the video
I do, but never mind
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:47am On Apr 11, 2020
Buratai has relocated to the north east..... Obeying presidential orders years after he was ordered.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://punchng.com/buratai-relocates-to-north-east-over-bharam-iswap-war/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwilg7G5iN_oAhWJzYUKHeqfAbsQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw2afeQQPXvZ6nVAdzwEDgsX&ampcf=1
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 12:52am On Apr 11, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Stop damaging controlling and down playing man the sh1t was obviously fake news from the start to anyone with an IQ above 60. Chad is a starving French prostitute in the desert missing 100 men.

Shush.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:51am On Apr 11, 2020
ugo4u:
Nigerian Army Air components is still a pipe dream. I don't see any tangible thing happening to that effect even in 5yrs time except something urgent is done. You can't be talking about establishing an air wing with our pitiable defence budget majority of which goes into recurrent expenditure.
Infact we don't have more than three operational T-72 tanks as of present. We hv not really seen the need to look for other sources of funding the Military other than the annual pitiable budget, if truely we have leaders that can think it won't be difficult to source for at least $2bn yearly from the private sector/public apart from defence budget to fund the military.
Out of the VAT sef 2% can be budgeted strictly for purchase of equipment yearly but we no dey reason in this part of world.

The military can raise its capital investment cost if they want to, for example, the cost of producing a barrel of crude oil in Nigeria is not more than $16, that figure rises to $25 -$30 per barrel once you include security.

The Nigerian navy charges both NNPC and oil companies as high as N1.4m for each gun boat escort the last time I checked.
You can pay as high as $15k daily to get a pipeline over flight surveillance from NAF.
They merely sit for government to buy the equipment then charge you to use it.

NPF claims to be under funded but nobody asks how much it cost to keep 2 mopols at the gate.
Do the math how many of them are on such assignments to get a clue how much they rake in. Don't be deceived my friend.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 11, 2020
Odunayaw:
I don't know if memory is playing pranks. There was this conversation you Saffas had about is it the KC390 or A400M or so...you guys were talking about putting the LEO or 30mm cannons.
Honesty can't remember tongue would be cool though!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 11, 2020
Odunayaw:
By Frumentius. I miss the man
same! but anyway thanks for the post! very interesting read!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 11, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Yes, it's a failure. Just like the Israelis, the US has an unhealthy fear of casualties. Just one dead soldier in the Middle East or anywhere else can trigger congressional hearings, firings and worse.

It doesn't matter if 1 person or 3K dies, they view every death as excessive and will spend millions of dollars in armaments attacking folks with AK who are about to overrun a single one of their soldiers. Someone like you should have known that.

And I'm not using my standards, but theirs.
And this is a bad thing?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 2:25am On Apr 11, 2020
Toju200:
He stopped us from getting three Chinooks and 10 cobras

You can not touch a Chinook. US arms tansfer work differently, no US ally will tansfer a US made strategic asset without their pemission.
Besides Egypt on an arms transfer agreement with the US, no African country use it, you think its a coincidence?
If Israel or India agrees to sell, the US will block it, so stop complaining about not getting something you aren't supposed to have in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:39am On Apr 11, 2020
jln115:
And this is a bad thing?
It's both a bad thing and a good one.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:27am On Apr 11, 2020
ugo4u:

Obama stopped the sale of Chinooks to Nigeria that I am sure of, the Israeli's were willing to sell to us as per third party but it was blocked by the US.

Some of you don't understand simple English, what is the difference between "Being off limits to you" & "you were stopped from getting it"?
Whoever initiated a Chinook transfer to Nigeria from Israel is stup!d.

There are several people in the ministry of foreign affairs, that could've explained why it's useless initiating a deal like that let alone waiting to be screwed, it was an unrealistic wet dream.

I wasn't surprised he tried to get a Chinook, someone that negotiated arms transfer with pastors and militants what do you expect?
Do you expect a militant to know what the diplomatic rules are?

The same reason Nigeria can't get a Chinook is the same reason Britain can't get a Raptor from the US, there are rules.
So the US didn't block you from getting a Chinook, you weren't supposed to have it in the first place based on existing rules, only a president surrounded by ignorant folks will think the rules will bend in the US congress.

Go and read the US arms export control act to get a clue how those things work, Nigeria stands zero chance of getting a Chinook, directly or indirectly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 3:51am On Apr 11, 2020
nemesis8u:

Just a minor correction .

Nothing to correct, India proceeded with the purchase of five regiments of S-400 surface-to-air missiles in a $5.43 billion, paid in Euros in order to bypass CAATSA sanctions.

Last year, New Delhi made a down payment worth $800 million, and initial deliveries will arrive in October 2020, with the order completed between in 2023 and 2025.
So India bypassed CAATSA fact!!

Turkey wasn't so lucky, CAATSA kicked them out of the F35 program, for buying the same S-400 Fact!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 4:06am On Apr 11, 2020
Toju200:
the russkies with their Sukhois are they winning in Syria..
ISIS destroyed three yesterday in Syria I'm case u don't know

So Russia isn't winning in Syria because they were hit? really?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:40am On Apr 11, 2020
jpphilips:

Some of you don't understand simple English, what is the difference between "Being off limits to you" & "you were stopped from getting it"?
Whoever initiated a Chinook transfer to Nigeria from Israel is stup!d.

There are several people in the ministry of foreign affairs, that could've explained why it's useless initiating a deal like that let alone waiting to be screwed, it was an unrealistic wet dream.

I wasn't surprised he tried to get a Chinook, someone that negotiated arms transfer with pastors and militants what do you expect?
Do you expect a militant to know what the diplomatic rules are?

The same reason Nigeria can't get a Chinook is the same reason Britain can't get a Raptor from the US, there are rules.
So the US didn't block you from getting a Chinook, you weren't supposed to have it in the first place based on existing rules, only a president surrounded by ignorant folks will think the rules will bend in the US congress.

Go and read the US arms export control act to get a clue how those things work, Nigeria stands zero chance of getting a Chinook, directly or indirectly.

Stop wallowing in ignorance, as of 2014 I was very much within the military circles (Airforce) and was privy to some information esp from the contractor that procure our helicopters (Won't mention the name). The Israeli's were more than willing to give us Chinook helicopters to help with the fight against the insurgents, infact the deal was almost done and approved by Netanyahu before it was blocked by Obama citing (Leahy's Law) it's as simple as that I even saw minuted document to that effect. I still have all the memories as fresh as a morning wine. Can you post the "rules" that made it off limits to Nigeria but accessible to India, UAE, Singapore etc
Calm down and learn stop basing your argument on hearsay or sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.