Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3029461 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by theenchanter: 9:25pm On May 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Two Helicopters almost pulled off my Roof right now cheesy grin grin Looks like the NAF are on point now... cool

grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2020
The Armed forces of Nigeria are really trying these days, they have been over stretched, fighting on multiple fronts.
May God grant us lasting peace in our Nation.
There should be a structured operation to checkmate arms flow to the volatile parts of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:27pm On May 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
Two Helicopters almost pulled off my Roof right now cheesy grin grin Looks like the NAF are on point now... cool

Fear of God grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jimi24: 9:31pm On May 22, 2020
komekn:

You are so caught up in your misguided idea of patriotism which really is denial of fault and or incompetence, but present the sub standard as excellent, that is the enthronement of mediocrity. You do the nation a disservice when you cannot criticize constructively and sweep all faults under the carpet. That is essentially SYCOPHANCY of which you have become the chief proponent.

Your first response is to cast aspersions and denigrate the competency of the Ugandan air force, you make no strategic regional comparison and our lack of strategic far reaching air superiority attack aircraft such as the SU-30.

But you go even further when you don't even consider the regional threats posed by multiple nations who could essentially wipe out our air force in a day. You then conclude we are getting the JF-17, that counters all potential threats, sorry that is a joke. Which country serious about air superiority will be buying Pakistani fighter aircraft.

The NAF have 15 Mi 24/ 35 Attack helicopters Sudan has 43, The NAF has 5 MI-8 large military helicopters Angola has 66, and we are the one fighting on multiple fronts.

The NAF has 13 Alpha jets and 8 FN-7 , how many of these China copied Mig 21's are operational, I read here about a number of them requiring major maintenance, apart from that they have been far less reliable than the much older Alpha jets.

It is as plain as DAYLIGHT the NAF is completely over stretched and does not have required aircraft for the job.

From all the you have said in your mind this is adequate lets hail PMB .

The intelligent question was asked by the guy. Why did Angola buy 66 MI8 (I dont actually believe that figure) but why would they have bought that number?. How many of them are actually operational at this time. I don't think Sudans aircraft acquisition also made sense. The only air force planes flying in Sudan now are J7s and Karakorum trainers i am sure.
Buying hardware does not mean your military is powerful. Ask Gadhaffi. A few rebel forces turned his army sometimes No2 in Africa into nothing.
In Iraq a few years back, ISIS with technicals and Land cruisers captured more tanks and armored cars in one week than the the entire Armies of West Africa

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:33pm On May 22, 2020
Xbee007:

From the video, it says it belongs to the Cameronians. Chadian Sukhoi also took part in the airstrike.
It's good to know that our neighbors are also engaging their air force in the fight against terror.

I think the video only shows ground coordination bombardment not airstrike.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:

yep MBRL strikes by NA

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:

Yes, just artillery strike is shown in the video as it was recorded yesterday. Today, Chadian Air force Sukhoi ground attack aircraft pounded ISWAP terrorists location in the Lake Chad area.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 9:37pm On May 22, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

those Gunships Don't even need to fly low level for u to feel their downwash.
Last year when MI35p flew over my compound the gates where literally vibrating...
And it's fast grin I couldn't take a pic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:02pm On May 22, 2020
Eta22seconds:

Who can explain the 2014 tank battle between the BHT captured Vickers and NA T-72?

From what l gather from that time of the lowest moral of the NA. They were simply abandoned and it was just one Vickers MBT.

Boko didn't have to really fight then.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:11pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
possibly yes as it is now.
The military is focusing on More made in Nigeria military hardware.
Except the ones that can't be produced in country.
You can now obviously see more innoson vehicles in The NE.
More than 300 acquired.
Same will go for the MRAPS.The army has already approved the ARA combat test and a proven war machine.

What % of local sourced manufactured or raw materials content is in these vehicles to call them " made in Nigeria" Do you know

Innoson is essentially assembling Chinese vehicle that could not meet the quality control standards in Europe and the Americas. At a premium price in Nigeria.

You are not more patriotic than me but I don't do window dressing and superficial praise singing �. I really want substance not spin.

The MRAP is just one of the varied number of multiple armoured platforms required by the NA.

Innoson vehicles are soft skinned and not particularly mechanically resilient and great off road.

But we should just buy it because it supposedly and arguably made in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:22pm On May 22, 2020
komekn:

What % of local sourced manufactured or raw materials content is in these vehicles to call them " made in Nigeria" Do you know

Innoson is essentially assembling Chinese vehicle that could not meet the quality control standards in Europe and the Americas. At a premium price in Nigeria.

You are not more patriotic than me but I don't do window dressing and superficial praise singing �. I really want substance not spin.

The MRAP is just one of the varied number of multiple armoured platforms required by the NA.

Innoson vehicles are soft skinned and not particularly mechanically resilient and great off road.

But we should just buy it because it supposedly and arguably made in Nigeria.

innoson it's like 70% Nigerian.
We've seen how their vehicles are made from steel cutting to Spraying.
As for The MRAPs I'll say 50%
We aren't just buying innoson because it's made in Nigeria bro.
Innoson handed over 3 to them for testing and they liked it now we have over 100 in the Theater .
The same goes to the ARA MRAP.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:33pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
those Gunships Don't even need to fly low level for u to feel their downwash.
Last year when MI35p flew over my compound the gates where literally vibrating...
And it's fast grin I couldn't take a pic
Which is why I find it ridiculous when I watch scenes in American military movies where helicopters land on their target's roof and the occupants of their building will still have no clue.

I have seen NAF and Nigerian police helicopters flyby on several occasions and I must say those beasts make hella of a noise. You hear them before you even see them.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2020
Jimi24:

The intelligent question was asked by the guy. Why did Angola buy 66 MI8 (I dont actually believe that figure) but why would they have bought that number?. How many of them are actually operational at this time. I don't think Sudans aircraft acquisition also made sense. The only air force planes flying in Sudan now are J7s and Karakorum trainers i am sure.
Buying hardware does not mean your military is powerful. Ask Gadhaffi. A few rebel forces turned his army sometimes No2 in Africa into nothing.
In Iraq a few years back, ISIS with technicals and Land cruisers captured more tanks and armored cars in one week than the the entire Armies of West Africa

You are sure of nothing, you are creating things from your imagination. You are making proposition that are quite frankly shamefully nonsensical. It's better to be quite and learn than to present irreverent Balderdash. Consider the bold.

Unless you have substantiated information to contest operational status of aircraft. You can't just make assumptions about the Sudanese airforce.

Angola has strategic forward planning that was birthed from a once hostile neighbour SA.

Today war capability is very much anchored in its operation on supply chain logistics. And having 66 utility heavy lift helicopters gives you considerable advantage in COIN operations without them you are limited.

Because we lack forward strategic planning doesn't mean neighbours do too.

In Iraq with its heavily fractured army saw Sunni component if the Iraq army simply let ISIS take over Mosul in Iraq without a fight.

Why should a country as big as Nigeria (Giant of Africa) have only 21, 2nd generation attack fighter aircraft. That to most people is unbelievable.

That's the question you should be asking.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Eta22seconds(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2020
Jimi24:

Those armies where just show-offs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:54pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
innoson it's like 70% Nigerian.
We've seen how their vehicles are made from steel cutting to Spraying.
As for The MRAPs I'll say 50%
We aren't just buying innoson because it's made in Nigeria bro.
Innoson handed over 3 to them for testing and they liked it now we have over 100 in the Theater .
The same goes to the ARA MRAP.

Can you be specific.

An innoson poor copy cat of the Mercedes-Benz G- Wagon, which is the Chinese BAIC motors BJ80 it has a kerb weight of approx 2000kg.

The transmission, body frame ( chassis), drive train and Engine will weight a conservative 1400kg. Are they made in Nigeria

Add the body shell, doors, etc suspension and wheels, that will be about 400kg at least

. Are they made in Nigeria also .

We now process iron ore into steel and then have steel rolling mill to roll the steel. Then the innoson factory has lazer cutters to precision cut the steel.

I want to believe that we produce 100% Nigerian tyres in Nigeria and the tyres are sourced in Nigeria.

Now consider what you have said and respond substantively.

What % of Nigerian local content is in Innoson vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 10:55pm On May 22, 2020
komekn:

Can you be specific.

An innoson poor copy cat of the Mercedes-Benz G- Wagon, which is the Chinese BAIC motors BJ80 it has a kerb weight of approx 2000kg.

The transmission, body frame ( chassis), drive train and Engine will weight a conservative 1400kg. Are they made in Nigeria

Add the body shell, doors, etc suspension and wheels, that will be about 400kg at least

. Are they made in Nigeria also .

We now process iron ore into steel and then have steel rolling mill to roll the steel. Then the innoson factory has lazer cutters to precision cut the steel.

I want to believe that we produce 100% Nigerian tyres in Nigeria and the tyres are sourced in Nigeria.

Now consider what you have said and respond substantively.

What % of Nigerian local content is in Innoson vehicles.
Everything except the electronics,Engines
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:00pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
Guy all these you mentioned are they still able to keep them in the sky do they have enough pilots to operate them.Of course the remaining F7ni fleets are operational about 80% of our fleets are operational.
You said which serious country about air superiority would buy the jet.
Obviously Egypt is showing Interest .
I'm not Denigrating the competency of the Ugandan Air force. Fine they have SU30 that's one advantage over us.But that can't change the fact we are better than them. Simple

Toju l like you, l truly admire your love of your nation.

I have myself have shown a lot interest in the Bugatti Veyron enough to go in the showroom.

When l get it, l will try it out on the autobahn. grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 11:07pm On May 22, 2020
Can anyone tell us what they imagine victory looks like to Bokoharam/ISAWP, if this can be achieved and how it may be achieved?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 11:15pm On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:
#NAF situation theatre room

is this all...
we really need to upgrade and expand our infastructure
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by stormwarrior(m): 11:15pm On May 22, 2020
bidexiii:
More...
plz what is the job of our police force plz.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:18pm On May 22, 2020
marvin906:

is this all...
we really need to upgrade and expand our infastructure
grin this is one
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
grin this is one

you've got to be kidding me.. we are so focused on procurement that we are neglecting other aspects.. technology and communication infastructure

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2020
do the NA need an early warning system or do we already have S400
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2020
marvin906:

you've got to be kidding me..
we are so focused on procurement that we are neglecting other aspects..
technology and communication infastructure
I mean this is just one of them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by marvin906(m): 11:36pm On May 22, 2020
Toju200:
I mean this is just one of them.

where's the main one
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Eta22seconds(m): 12:53am On May 23, 2020
GabrielYulaw:

Delivered to?
Russia
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Horus(m): 3:04am On May 23, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBJ604-l6I

Nigerian Air Force Armed Attack Drone Squadron In Charge of Raining Bombs on Boko Haram

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:04am On May 23, 2020
Nigerian Navy takes delivery of AgustaWestland AW139 helicopter.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 5:39am On May 23, 2020
I don't know how feasible this is but I feel the Nigerian police force should be temporarily stripped of all the helicopters in it's air wing and transferred to the NA for scouting and patrols. If the army has to take over the functions of the police force, they should also have access to the equipments the police force is meant to be using which they are not utilizing.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 6:11am On May 23, 2020
Whyem15:
I don't know how feasible this is but I feel the Nigerian police force should be temporarily stripped of all the helicopters in it's air wing and transferred to the NA for scouting and patrols. If the army has to take over the functions of the police force, they should also have access to the equipments the police force is meant to be using which they are not utilizing.

I second. 80% of the special mobile police unit should be drafted to the NE for the duration of 6 months to compliment the efforts of the military at this time.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:35am On May 23, 2020
Whyem15:

True talk .... grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:21am On May 23, 2020
bidexiii:

True talk .... grin
but why do y'all think the police ain't using their Helicopters.
Some of their helicopters has been equipped by the NAF with GPMGs.
The were used to eliminate some elements of Ansaru terrorists earlier this year ;

(1) (2) (3) ... (1190) (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.