Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3030675 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Breaking: Again, Katsina residents of Yankara, Faskari Local government have are back to blocking major highways in the area, protesting kiillings and kidnappings by armed groups. The situation reports shows motorists are currently stranded. Photo Credit: @HumAngle_

https://twitter.com/NewsWireNGR/status/1271050368294805505?s=19

The Nigerian Government has to do something about Faskari LG o, cause the killings and kidnapping is not stopping yet.

Cc LTGEN.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
ugo4u:

As long as we still use pickup then most def we need humvees...
And am not saying humvee is the best in its class but it is better than pickup if for nothing else atleast against the elements (rain, sandstorm). Humvees should be the minimum By the way I've seen policemen fall off those pickups on Enroute a mission.

As for Innoson/Proforce I think they have capacity but the military authority might be complaining of funds.

Capacity for what❓ The add to that best value and most effective use of scarce resources.

Innoson is simply assembling Chinese copy cat engineering SUV. They are not armoured and in terms of durability and reliability that's another debate.

Proforce has very limited capacity again they use the chassis of a number of vehicles including Toyota pick ups and up armoured them.

There has been s technology transfer with regards to the MRAP vehicles they make from the original parent company partner.

The NA need at least 1000 + armoured vehicles today not tomorrow.

That means you need tried, tested and proven APC's, LAV's, IFV's ( do we have any at all) MRAP's as well as at least 200MBT's and to ensure operation effectiveness and move to a proactive approach at least 10 heavy lift helicopters.To ensure supply logistics support.

Anybody have an idea how much a soft skinned Toyota truck costs❓ my estimation $60k could be more. Anybody know how much the soft skinned Chinese questionable quality innoson BAIC pick up costs? ❓ Again my estimation at least $35k.

Our procurement has to be delivery NOW not tomorrow. And every one has to be armoured STANAG level 2 minimum.

First world Countries buy huge amounts of military hardware in thier defense budgets. With the exception of the USA most of this equipment hardly ever get used.

If you go across the Eastern block you will find multiple armoured vehicles platforms that have less than 5000km but are 10 years old.

These Eastern block countries with these huge stockpiles are looking at some of them as scrap metal.

If you look on page 1221 there are pics of what seems to me is BTR 60. These are the older ones it seems with the gasoline engines they can be bought for a less than $10K. I would look for the later BTR 80 models wholesale sale and if needed refurbished in Nigeria. Per unit price £50k. We should have at least 600.

With regards to LAV then procure the GAZ Tigre brand new unit price whole sale 1000 units should not be more than $100K they are STANAG 2.

IFV you have the Eastern block BMP2 again dirt cheap across the Eastern block $100k per unit 300.

MBT Czech Republic dashed Iraq 150+ some years ago that is how readily available they are. We really should not have less than 300 T72 upgraded or not.

These are all very cheap stop gap measures that are 1000 times better than the soft skinned suicide boxes we have our troops going in a forward frontal assault.

In the NE 95 % of the enemy are using AK47, the rest of the threats comes from IED, Rpg7 and the ubiquitous Gun trucks. If you are all in armoured vehicles vehicles you significantly reduce the enemy capacity to ambush also with the right vehicles you don't follow already established tracks again limiting the IED threats.

The enemy is very fluid and constant on the move and when in one place dug in bunker style buy always on the move.

The NA approach seems to be conventional and very reactive. Do we have semi autonomous search and destroy companies in groups of 10-15 armoured vehicles doing search and destroy across the areas of contention in the NE ❓ I DON'T KNOW.

Search and destroy is mainly about mobility you really need LAV's like the Russian Tigre or Amy other. Long range and very good off road capability. The USA JLTV is undoubtedly the best but like with all USA arms stupendously over priced $360k+ per unit.

AT this stage in out development NVG goggles and optic sights should be close to standard with personal communication infrastructure.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
LTGEN:

1/2 a sentence halleujah grin
N1.00 NGN
You will receive bank alert. cool
The insurgency situation in Nigeria has increased to the point that in the northern part of the country, Terrorists were seen moving freely.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2020/06/terrorists-in-katsina-seen-moving.html

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Una don do make babaowen vex grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
lebuhsi:
Una don do make babaowen vex grin
he is a fool.. no one should reply him henceforth.
He should be ignored like he doesn't exist

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
BabaOwen:
The insurgency situation in Nigeria has increased to the point that in the northern part of the country, Terrorists were seen moving freely.

Source: https://www.musictori.com/2020/06/terrorists-in-katsina-seen-moving.html
what do u expect
Human shield

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
This ugly frustrated yahoo boy go com dey quote me and write rubbish, especially after dem don useless am for ashewo thread as usual grin e go com come here dey type rubbish grin

There was a day dem too abuse am, I had to check his profile and saw how ugly he is grin

Ugly cheap yahoo boy with a useless chinko phone. Anytime the rubbish collect small change, e go dey use am Bleep olosho grin

No wander the Yahoo boy is always supporting the Dubai landlord.

When you see this, you go wan rant as usual, but you won't get a reply from me you ugly yahoo boy grin

Dem Dubai landlord supporters, ordinary to do exam himself, he carry person wey go help am do am enter grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
The Nigerian Army says it is saddened by the attack on Faduma Koloram village in Gubio local government area of Borno state.Over 70 people were killed Tuesday when Boko Haram insurgents attacked the village.

While visiting the scene of the attack, Babagana Zulum, governor of the state called on the military to intensify efforts in its fight against the insurgents.

Sagir Musa, army’s spokesperson, in a statement on Wednesday said troops have been drafted in the area to track and apprehend the insurgents.

He also said efforts are also ongoing to get rid of bandits in some states in the north-west.

“The Nigerian army is deeply saddened by the unfortunate incident in which suspected retreating Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists with a few sleeper cells within communities ambushed and killed innocent women and children in Faduma Koloram village, Gubio LGA of Borno state,” the statement read.

“Already a large contingent of military personnel have been drafted in the general area to track and apprehend or neutralize the perpetrators. We have also mandated the Theatre Command, Operation LAFIYA DOLE to enhance security, dominate the area and reassure the affected communities of the Nigerian Army’s commitment to protect the population.

“The Nigerian army equally notes with great concern about banditry incidents in some parts of the north western part of the county across Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara states. It has come to our knowledge that some bandits are shifting base and venting their anger on hapless citizens because of the ongoing operations in Katsina state.

“While we sympathize with fellow Nigerians and the good people of Borno, Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara states in particular, on these unfortunate incidents, we would like to assure all of our unrelenting effort in engaging with communities to rid our society of any and all remnants of these criminal elements.

“We would like to state further that the Nigerian Army in conjunction with Nigerian Air Force, sister service, other security agencies and the affected States governments, will make efforts to clear all known bandits hideouts in those states as more troops are being mobilized as directed by Mr President and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.”

The army added that it is committed to investigate the circumstances of attacks by Boko Haram insurgents and bandits on innocent civilians.In the past weeks, the military had recorded successes in its fight against the insurgents.

https://www.thecable.ng/well-punish-those-behind-these-killings-army-reacts-to-borno-katsina-attacks/amp

Sagir Musa don fat o, before he became a Colonel, he was not this fat. Abi no be him pic be this grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Rough play : Wagner group edition.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Just heard Mike pompeo call ICC a kangaroo court grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Kalapizim:
Just heard Mike pompeo call ICC a kangaroo court grin
Americans keep on ridiculing themselves on the international stage. I see the name 'mike pompeo' I picture him standing besides benjamin natanyahu, lecturing the U.N general assembly 'Iran did it'(clown emoji)

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
komekn:

That means you need tried, tested and proven APC's, LAV's, IFV's ( do we have any at all) MRAP's as well as at least 200MBT's

The NA approach seems to be conventional and very reactive. Do we have semi autonomous search and destroy companies in groups of 10-15 armoured vehicles doing search and destroy across the areas of contention in the NE ❓ I DON'T KNOW.

Search and destroy is mainly about mobility you really need LAV's like the Russian Tigre or Amy other. Long range and very good off road capability. The USA JLTV is undoubtedly the best but like with all USA arms stupendously over priced $360k+ per unit.

AT this stage in out development NVG goggles and optic sights should be close to standard with personal communication infrastructure.

Proforce Ara is a battle proven vehicle....
With the right amount of money it can be adjusted to IFV.
I dont know how out SFs are utilized, but search and destroy missiins should be one area where they shiuld.be better applied.
As for the NVG ggogles, clearly the army finds it difficult to procure this, I ve never seen one in a picture of soldiers at the frontline(this of course doenst mean there arent, but shows its scarcity) which is very relevant, esp. In search and destroy missions,
I think they shiuld partner with local companies to produce ones at cheaper rate...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
lebuhsi:

Americans keep on ridiculing themselves on the international stage. I see the name 'mike pompeo' I picture him standing besides benjamin natanyahu, lecturing the U.N general assembly 'Iran did it'(clown emoji)
grin grin Good the court is looking into US military conducts in Iraq.

The so called Leahy law experts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
ugo4u:
SamuelAnyanwu, Odunayaw and others between these two vehicles which will you prefer to enter if invited for a tour/ patrol in the North East..
Assume both are light skinned.
Even a blind man will want the first one grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
lebuhsi:

Lol

IcJ is the world court established around 1945, without United Nations this court wiuld not exist and vice versa. the U.S.A is a memeber. The court has both civil and criminal Jurisdiction
But the ICC establised in 2002 has only criminal jurisdiction
The ICJ settles cases between states only, and since the US is a memeber by vritu of United Nation permanent membership, they use the court to achieve thier aims
But ICC on itherhand is a court that is intended to lift the veil of a state and try citizens of that states that have committed crimes... Goerge Bush and his entourrage refused to sign as amemeber and recognise its snce the court could imprison them or thier people for crimes committed internatiinally since the US govt officials cannot hide behind their country since this court targets the Individual
Even african leaders like kenyatta have insulted the creation pf this court as it targetted only African leaders. Africans have ridiculed the court and request that we africans created our own "African Ctiminal court" where we will be tried by our won Aftican pple
US has been trying and still trying to kill this court, and since it not a member what do u espect.... they can call it anythin they like, I support em in this one
"Another criticism of the ICC refers to the fact that the ICC is predominately engaged with situations in African countries. Out of 10 countries under investigation, nine are indeed in Africa. However, this does not mean that the ICC is predominately focused on Africa."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewelinaochab/2017/07/16/a-second-look-at-the-international-criminal-court/#53374d4a2c7e

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
BabaOwen:
This ugly frustrated yahoo boy go com dey quote me and write rubbish, especially after dem don useless am for ashewo thread as usual grin e go com come here dey type rubbish grin

There was a day dem too abuse am, I had to check his profile and saw how ugly he is grin

Ugly cheap yahoo boy with a useless chinko phone. Anytime the rubbish collect small change, e go dey use am Bleep olosho grin

When you see this, you go wan rant as usual, but you won't get a reply from me you ugly yahoo boy grin

Dem Dubai landlord supporters, ordinary to do exam himself, he carry person wey go help am do am enter grin

fvck you boy even if you celibate..

I never know and care to know you nor go through your profile because you don't exist to me..

Just that you litter this place with your useless rants and bullshits..
Get lost moderfvcker..

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Kalapizim:
grin grin Good the court is looking into US military conducts in Irag.

Just see the irony in the so called 'Leahy law'
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Kalapizim:
grin grin Good the court is looking into US military conducts in Irag.

But it cannot do anything to them, as thay are not memebers... only the ICJ can frustarte the US..But since US controls ICj, the case would be a situation of "Nemo Judex in causa sua" You cannot be a judge in ur own case
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

But it cannot do anything to them, as thay are not memebers... only the ICJ can frustarte the US..But since US controls ICj, the case would be a situation of "Nemo Judex in causa sua" You cannot be a judge in ur own case

The US hegemony' would continue to be unrivaled, as long as europe stays quiet
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
lebuhsi:

The US hegemony' would continue to be unrivaled, as long as europe stays quiet
exactly, i just read on RT that trump has placed Visa snactions onthe coirt officials

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Proforce Ara is a battle proven vehicle....
With the right amount of money it can be adjusted to IFV.
I dont know how out SFs are utilized, but search and destroy missiins should be one area where they shiuld.be better applied.
As for the NVG ggogles, clearly the army finds it difficult to procure this, I ve never seen one in a picture of soldiers at the frontline(this of course doenst mean there arent, but shows its scarcity) which is very relevant, esp. In search and destroy missions,
I think they shiuld partner with local companies to produce ones at cheaper rate...

The ARA is an MRAP it is absolutely not a light Armoured Vehicle. It's built on the truck chassis of the Tatra 4x4 Truck. Probably has a weight close too 20t.

Add to that it is not a IFV and cannot in circumstance be made into one.

It is not suited to search and destroy missions it's just too big and heavy. We are talking mobility and expedience and a more pro active response.

I did say the HERE & NOW we don't have the time to wait to have local manufacture.

What we are seeing is decades of misappropriation and disinvestment in the Nigerian armed forces.

Serious countries when they buy hardware they buy in 100's not in units of 10. That's simply not going to make any impact on the war in the NE.

We could buy into the USA the Excess Defense Articles Grant Program. Egypt was able to get 1000 MRAP you know how much they paid $0000.

This is why government pay lobbyists to get things done. This is how you play the game particularly if it looks good that Trump is fighting terrorism by giving equipment to Nigeria.

Bit if you can't get it from the USA you can get surplus equipment from Germany Russia etc at fraction of the full cost. With regards to Germany that includes the IFV Marder, the APC TPZ Fuchs which are surplus to Germany armed forces but would be very effective for the NA.

What the NA needs most is LAV's and APCS to end dependency on soft skinned suicide and up trucks and soldiers being carted to war in low loaders, dumpster trucks etc.

We need to up the game, optic sights and NVG should be close to standard. And yes we need to get a more modern assault rifle.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
The House of Representatives today, played host to the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Abba Kyari, as a mark of honour for his exceptional work in the fight against criminality across the country.

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
BabaOwen:

Seankafor i do no intend to spite you. S o you mean you wrote Jamb in 2016 and you have been all over my post screaming i tell lies about Insurgency in the Northeast. shocked shocked shocked When in 2016 i have started touring the NE grin grin grin

Now i understand Nairaland better grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
komekn:

Proforce has very limited capacity again they use the chassis of a number of vehicles including Toyota pick ups and up armoured them.

There has been s technology transfer with regards to the MRAP vehicles they make from the original parent company partner.
What original parent company partner?

Anybody have an idea how much a soft skinned Toyota truck costs❓ my estimation $60k could be more. Anybody know how much the soft skinned Chinese questionable quality innoson BAIC pick up costs? ❓ Again my estimation at least $35k.
What heresy is this? Toyota Hilux $60k? Only the latest Toyota Rugged X (which we don't use) is of that price.

If you look on page 1221 there are pics of what seems to me is BTR 60. These are the older ones it seems with the gasoline engines they can be bought for a less than $10K. I would look for the later BTR 80 models wholesale sale and if needed refurbished in Nigeria. Per unit price £50k. We should have at least 600.
What BTR60! Do you know a BtR60?

What Army on the continent boasts NVG and Optic sights as standard?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Seankafor i do no intend to spite you. S o you mean you wrote Jamb in 2016 and you have been all over my post screaming i tell lies about Insurgency in the Northeast. shocked shocked shocked When in 2016 i have started touring the NE grin grin grin

Now i understand Nairaland better grin grin grin grin
and how does my age supposed to matter in this?

Doesn't fools get old too?

Although I acknowledge your first hand information here .but I won't fail to call you out when you exaggerate and serve us half baked beans..

Thanks my brother from Owerri imo state mbaise angry

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
komekn:

We could buy into the USA the Excess Defense Articles Grant Program. Egypt was able to get 1000 MRAP you know how much they paid $0000.

This is why government pay lobbyists to get things done. This is how you play the game particularly if it looks good that Trump is fighting terrorism by giving equipment to Nigeria.

Bit if you can't get it from the USA you can get surplus equipment from Germany Russia etc at fraction of the full cost. With regards to Germany that includes the IFV Marder, the APC TPZ Fuchs which are surplus to Germany armed forces but would be very effective for the NA.

What the NA needs most is LAV's and APCS to end dependency on soft skinned suicide and up trucks and soldiers being carted to war in low loaders, dumpster trucks etc.

We need to up the game, optic sights and NVG should be close to standard. And yes we need to get a more modern assault rifle.

The same hand-me-down MRAPs you want from EDAs are of the same weight class of the ARA you lampooned.

I beg to differ, NA cannot afford to have vehicles for different roles. Its just not viable. We all yell for standardization on a single platform across the classes of vehicles. If LAVs were dire to NA, Proforce PF2 could have been pressed into service in hundreds.

All things being equal, The Ara should have a lighter version. In the 9/10Ton class and at once cover all the LAV/APC/MRAP needs

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
seankafor:
and how does my age supposed to matter in this?

Doesn't fools get old too?

Although I acknowledge your first hand information here .but I won't fail to call you out when you exaggerate and serve us half baked beans..

Thanks my brother from Owerri imo state mbaise angry

You assume half-baked from Southeast? grin grin grin if I fully state what I see here in NE this thread will explode grin. Nobody in NE will ever say I exaggerate except he or she is feeding from the crumbs of this War. cool

Have a good night rest cool

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
Look at supposedly grown men playing in the gutter.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by seankafor(m): 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

You assume half-baked from Southeast? grin grin grin if I fully state what I see here in NE this thread will explode grin. Nobody in NE will ever say I exaggerate except he or she is feeding from the crumbs of this War. cool

Have a good night rest cool
continue your good works my brother..
I enjoy your contributions nwanne

(1) (2) (3) ... (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m), Runx and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.