Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028066 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
bidexiii:
WATCH BHT ATTACK ON MILITARY BASE IN BOSSO , NIGER REPUBLIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gta4w4GjoTM
I just watched the video..Here are my conclusions:
1. Boko Haram is far from being defeated. It can still mount large-scale attacks at will.
2. BH still has hundreds of battle-hardened foot soldiers on standby.
3. BH is still well-equipped with large reserves of AK-47s and AAAs like Dshks.
4. BH's Technicals are basically ex-N.A vehicles.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
grin grin grin no mind me my brother i no know say na only two them get.

I just dont trust the francophones. Dont forget how they delighted in kicking us when things were not going well.

Henry240:

Stop been an alarmist. Niger moved those assets down because of the terror attacks in Bosso. NAF doesn't need to re-arm because of Niger, an irrelevant country with 2 SU-25 aircrafts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
M14A1:

Excellent pair of balls(preferably steel coated in Ethiopia) grin

lol grin grin grin

first priority is to take out the technicals.
militarily BH entire center of gravity seems to be around the utilization of these technicals.

high time somebody gave a serious thought to tackling these technicals.

my idea / suggestion

1.road spikes especially designed and fitted with anti handling features i.e f**king attach proximity/ motion sensitive IEDs to these spikes designed to go off if somebody tries to remove/ approach them. beat the freaking terrorist in their own game with their own weapons.

the IED attached to the spike should be such that it cannot be recycled/reused.

camouflaged IED treated road spikes can be placed all around the base upto the external perimeter, another plus point any one of them going off will trip , alert the base defenses. plus hamper the technicals mobility.

during a BH assault even if 30% of the technicals are immobilized due to this, especially at the start of the assault the momentum is seriously broken and the attack will fail provided the defenders provide resistance.

2.remote controlled explosives with anti handling features placed at approach points , these can be high explosive, smoke , phosphorous, napalm based. any technical in close vicinity of such devices can be blown off remotely.

3. develop mortar artillery based cargo rounds filled with tyre puncturing spikes, any such round fired in air burst mode over approaching technicals will stop them.

4.fill the trenches with oil and other available smoke producing substances which can be set on fire to disrupt visibility for the technicals and deny them targets, do this only if you have immunity from the smoke screen only and the capability to hit the technicals through the same smoke screen .

5. low cost long range upto 2-3 km fire and forget ATGM to take out the technicals.

others plz add if you have any

@bidexiii what say you?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 10:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
There is also the option the NA seems to be using now i.e. outgun them by mounting similar calibre guns on your trucks and defended points. In the early days of hostilities, the NA used mainly GPMGs and a few browning 50cals. These tended to come up short against the technicals which typically mounted 12.7mm Dhsks or 14.5mm HMGs. Thus the technicals could stand off and saturate the Nigerian locations with heavy fire, and most of the time the NA could not respond.

Today virtually all NA vehicles mount 12.7mm HMGs, and the T72s' main guns are accurate enough to take out the technicals at any range.

nemesis2u:

lol grin grin grin

militarily BH entire center of gravity seems to be around the utilization of these technicals.

my idea / suggestion

1.road spikes especially designed and fitted with anti handling features i.e f**king attach proximity/ motion sensitive IEDs to these spikes designed to go off if somebody tries to remove/ approach them. beat the freaking terrorist in their own game with their own weapons.

camouflaged IED treated road spikes can be placed all around the base upto the external perimeter, another plus point any one of them going off will trip , alert the base defenses. plus hamper the technicals mobility.

2.remote controlled explosives with anti handling features placed at approach points , these can be high explosive, smoke , phosphorous, napalm based. any technical in close vicinity of such devices can be blown off remotely.

3. develop mortar artillery based cargo rounds filled with tyre puncturing spikes, any such round fired in air burst mode over approaching technicals will stop them.

4.fill the trenches with oil and other available smoke producing substances which can be set on fire to disrupt visibility for the technicals and deny them targets, do this only if you have immunity from the smoke screen only and the capability to hit the technicals through the same smoke screen .

5. low cost long range upto 2-3 km fire and forget ATGM to take out the technicals.

@bidexiii what say you?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
SergeAlain:
There is also the option the NA seems to be using now i.e. outgun them by mounting similar calibre guns on your trucks and defended points. In the early days of hostilities, the NA used mainly GPMGs and a few browning 50cals. These tended to come up short against the technicals which typically mounted 12.7mm Dhsks or 14.5mm HMGs. Thus the technicals could stand off and saturate the Nigerian locations with heavy fire, and most of the time the NA could not respond.

Today virtually all NA vehicles mount 12.7mm HMGs, and the T72s' main guns are accurate enough to take out the technicals at any range.

yes true
but the T72s numbers are low to cover every place.
u need it in hundreds to make it count.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
chinese8107:

agree trenchs are needed
but if they don't have time to build or simply a temporary base
scout unit like scout cars(or simply toyota)patrolling around and snipers hidden in crutial positons will not cost much

if helicoper or scout car is expensive http://www.flir.cn/suas/content/?id=73063 then this toy cost only a second hand toyota. can provide at least 10 km air scout.

if enemy spotted 10kms away you have enough time to respond wether defend calling for reinforcement or retreat

The base fell because basic Stand Operating Procedures weren't followed. It's all basic poor planning and coordination.

What we have done in Nigeria is to dig trenches, provide tactical vantage points for scouts, provide tactical hovering UAVs, defined engagement areas, provide scout kawasaki motorbikes and bolstered firepower.

It's unfortunate this has happened, i know the terrorists are getting set for an attack on a Nigerian army outpost.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2016
nemesis2u:
@all there are SOPs which should be followed to allow successful base defense.
business, this is my personal guarantee since i worked with them.
You've laid it all out. Typical Lachit style.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
nemesis2u:

lol grin grin grin

my idea / suggestion

during a BH assault even if 30% of the technicals are immobilized due to this, especially at the start of the assault the momentum is seriously broken and the attack will fail provided the defenders provide resistance.

@bidexiii what say you?
-Good old Chinese AGL grin

- .416 Barrett / .50BMG anti material rifle to bounce them technicals around
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
bidexiii:

You are right when Baga and gwazo was overran BHT then there where many factors responsible for that? The army was badly equipped. No t72s, BMP's and morale was too low then...!

And even during the advent of new equipment, BHT still overran some base. But my point his not these time when BHT as being degraded totally, it's like we are going front and backward's. The amount of weapons and vehicle captured his enough to sustain BH operations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3682464/Boko-Haram-kills-7-northeast-Nigeria-residents.html

Did u watch the video...? I don't think we lost that much in Baga and gwazo.......!

I watched the Gwoza and Baga propaganda videos. The terrorist took N.A Shilka, Vickers MBTs, LAVs, Toyota's and large & small caliber ammo.

That's the truth, we keep going back and forth with the terrorists it doesn't seem to end. We should be prepared for a massive attack on one of our bases, i'm sure it's coming.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
Henry240:

I watched the Gwoza and Baga propaganda videos. The terrorist took N.A Shilka, Vickers MBTs, LAVs, Toyota's and large & small caliber ammo.

That's the truth, we keep going back and forth with the terrorists it doesn't seem to end. We should be prepared for a massive attack on one of our bases, i'm sure it's coming.

Hmmmmn......true yarn..... cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
nemesis2u:

yes true
but the T72s numbers are low to cover every place.
u need it in hundreds to make it count.

T72s & IFV :.... firepower is key. BHT knows these and they make use of it. !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
nemesis2u:

lol grin grin grin

my idea / suggestion

@bidexiii what say you?

Honestly it's a good idea and to me it doesn't look that expensive to put on. Only if our top brass can think in such directions. If those soldier lives meant something cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
Katyusha:
1. Boko Haram is far from being defeated. It can still mount large-scale attacks at will.

1, Those terrorists with poor fire discipline cannot fight, i can't seem to phantom why, apart from overwhelming numbers of marauders they over-run military bases.

2, The bases that keep getting over-run have APCs, 14.5mm and heavy caliber weapons. A bunch of goons running around with AKs shouldn't ordinarily be too much of a problem.

3, We seriously need to consider putting trackers on our Hilux vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
Katyusha:

honestly am just scared.......... embarassed

And you just said all my conclusions after the video.
Not only NA vehicles, niger republic & chadian vehicles... angry grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
Henry240:

You've laid it all out. Typical Lachit style.

well just my luck to be pursued by a truck load of born again african Sherlock Holmes and DR.Watsons

the original professor Moriarty was a lucky fellow indeed grin grin grin

a week ago snaeed posted a picture of that lca to test my response or so he claimed.

man that really made be smile.

really guys if i was head of DSS , i would recruit you fellows

anyways you guys must love or hate this lahit fellow very much, i remember reading the january thread where he was in the receiving end in bigeagle forum. it was very stupid of him really and fun to read enjoyed it much grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
Henry240:

1, Those terrorists with poor fire discipline cannot fight, i can't seem to phantom why, apart from overwhelming numbers of marauders they over-run military bases.

2, The bases that keep getting over-run have APCs, 14.5mm and heavy caliber weapons. A bunch of goons running around with AKs shouldn't ordinarily be too much of a problem.

Honestly that's a good idea u av here, so they don't use the same vehicles to lunch attacks else where. Paraventure they are captured they might be tracked and destroyed or recaptured back.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
My brother e no easy like that o.
With the element of surprise on their side, and those technicals. First the attack would probably be just before first light, thus the enemy can advance to within 2km without being noticed. From 2 km those technicals can drench the target area with 12.7mm shells. With this even troops attempting to take up battle stations upon waking from sleep would be pinned down.

This would limit the effective opposing fire the BH would face to those from the sentries or those on night duty. These would more easily be over run or plastered by the technicals. Thus the BH infantry can approach the very edge of the target before the technicals seize fire (to avoid killing their own men). Before the men pinned down (if the survive the body armour shredding 12.7mm shells) can get to their feet, the on rushing BH rifle men would be in their midst in numbers.

Checkmate!!!

Henry240:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
bidexiii:

Honestly that's a good idea u av here, so they don't use the same vehicles to lunch attacks else where. Paraventure they are captured they might be tracked and destroyed or recaptured back.

it is a very good idea , but only if secrecy maintained and selectively used.

because if leaked BH will disable it somehow.

another idea make it mandatory to have satchel charges fixed to vehicles / large weapons in remote bases etc with clear instructions that on retreat or on the verge of being over run last man defending / CO will set off the charges thus denying BH their booty and creating a welcome exploding bon fire for them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 10, 2016
bidexiii:

As if on cue, a large number of terrorists attacked a Nigerian army base in Rann, Bornu state. 16 terrorists killed and heavy weapons including 14.5mm's destroyed.

www.nairaland.com/3216901/photos-soldiers-repel-boko-haram
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmm, will Bokoharam ever be defeated in Niger, Chad or Cameroon even if defeated in Nigeria? So Nigeria really need to be prepared militarily for a reinvigorated Bokoharam. West Africans nations not currently involved in this conflict will be vulnerable to a Bokoharam hardened by engaging Nigeria in battle for so long. They need to start thinking seriously of modernizing their armies.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 10, 2016
SergeAlain:
With the element of surprise on their side, and those technicals. First the attack would probably be just before first light, thus the enemy can advance to within 2km without being noticed. From 2 km those technicals can drench the target area with 12.7mm shells. With this even troops attempting to take up battle stations upon waking from sleep would be pinned down.

This would limit the effective opposing fire the BH would face to those from the sentries or those on night duty. These would more easily be over run or plastered by the technicals. Thus the BH infantry can approach the very edge of the target before the technicals seize fire (to avoid killing their own men). Before the men pinned down (if the survive the body armour shredding 12.7mm shells) can get to their feet, the on rushing BH rifle men would be in their midst in numbers.

Checkmate!!!

I do completely agree. It is easy for me sitting at the comfort of my sofa. However if we do not do things smartly and differently, we won't make any meaningful progress.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 10, 2016
M14A1:

-Good old Chinese AGL grin

- .416 Barrett / .50BMG anti material rifle to bounce them technicals around

good
but from protected well entrenched positions

RCL guns also good to to destroy technicals provided they are well positioned and well defended.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 10, 2016
SergeAlain:

Checkmate!!!

u got it correct but

1. BH technicals wont open fire at 2 km , because of line of sight issue, severe limitation of target detection via human eye or even some sensors , excessive fire dispersion ie almost zero ammo grouping , low visibility and obscuring atmospheric conditions.

so realistic range will be less than 500-600 meters for technical first round of engagement.

even with modern sensors tank ver tank battle occur at less than 2 km .

2.atleast east half of garrison troops are on duty during night, favorite enemy assault times are during dusk or dawn , so world over adequate no of troops are stationed during night without compromising security.

3.troops attempting to take battle stations after waking up would follow the trenches along side their bunkers up to their fighting posts.
it is a standard norm. so no getting plastered grin

4."BH infantry can approach the very edge of the target before the technicals seize fire"
if sentries/observers fall asleep or fail to detect enemy forces moving in than even god cant save you.
soldiers are trained again and again for a purpose , there is no room for failing duty, since the life of your comrades depends on you.

again
lot of complementing low tech and high tech options are there ,
1.razor/barbed wire can be rigged with cans filled with ball bearings which will make noise if the fence is disturbed.
2.sentry dogs will sense intruders from far.
3.clay-more mines placed close to the base
4.bobby traps like holes filled spears, snares with grenades etc etc
5.modern sensors

5." Before the men pinned down (if the survive the body armour shredding 12.7mm shells) can get to their feet, the on rushing BH rifle men would be in their midst in numbers."

that is why we have barricades and sand filled enclosures which allow entry and exit from one or two points into the base , these are heavily defended.

overall point being , u have to build your base correctly and follow sops to the last line

checkmate grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:31am On Jul 10, 2016
Litmus:
Hmmm, will Bokoharam ever be defeated in Niger, Chad or Cameroon even if defeated in Nigeria? So Nigeria really need to be prepared militarily for a reinvigorated Bokoharam. West Africans nations not currently involved in this conflict will be vulnerable to a Bokoharam hardened by engaging Nigeria in battle for so long. They need to start thinking seriously of modernizing their armies.

Most of these neighbouring countries are not taking the fight serious especially Chad and Nigeria. The NA is giving them serious heat, if other affected countries can intensify the fight there will be no hiding place BHT.

It's because of operation that BHT has migrated to other "less safe haven" . I believe Nigeria will defeated insurgency but they can easily lunch attack from other neighboring countries try our porous borders.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2016
TROOPS REPEL ATTACK ON THEIR LOCATION AT RANN

Yesterday evening remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in their numbers attacked our troops location at Rann, Kala Balge Local Government Area of Borno State.
The terrorists came with Motorcycles Borne Improvised Explosive Devices (MCBIED), Anti-Aircraft Guns and other weapons at about 5.00pm and the exchange of fire lasted for some hours before they were overwhelmed by the troops firepower.
Unfortunately, one of the terrorists' suicide bomber detonated himself at a gun truck killing the driver and the gunner. The truck and the mounted weapon were also damaged beyond repairs. In addition 2 soldiers were wounded in action while 3 others sustained minor injuries.
The troops killed 7 of the attackers instantly while quite a number escaped with gun shot wounds. During clearance operations this morning, the troops discovered 9 more Boko Haram terrorists dead bodies in the surrounding areas. Therefore the total number of terrorists killed was 16.
The troops also recovered a General Purpose Machine Gun, Rocket Propelled Grenade, ammunitions and captured 2 of the terrorists alive.
The bodies of the 2 fallen heroes and the wounded in action soldiers have been evacuated to Maiduguri, while reinforcement was sent from Gomboru Ngala.
In a related development, troops have also discovered and safely detonated 2 Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) planted along Gomboru-Rann road. It is believed that the IEDs were planted yesterday to prevent troops reinforcement to Rann while the attack lasted.
The Commanding Officer of 3 Battalion has visited the troops and held durbar with them. He commended them for their doggedness during attack and also urged them not to lower their guards.
Despite the incident, troops morale remains very high and they have continued with their clearance operations.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2016
MORE

----------WARNING DISTURBING IMAGES------------

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by donstefano8(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2016
chinese8107:

agree trenchs are needed
but if they don't have time to build or simply a temporary base
scout unit like scout cars(or simply toyota)patrolling around and snipers hidden in crutial positons will not cost much

if helicoper or scout car is expensive http://www.flir.cn/suas/content/?id=73063 then this toy cost only a second hand toyota. can provide at least 10 km air scout.

if enemy spotted 10kms away you have enough time to respond wether defend calling for reinforcement or retreat
I doubt if that bolded toy can deliver 10km realtime footage to base, but a scout armed with the toy could have radioed in enemy position and artilleries would have done serious damage before approaching the base. So long as the nations involved in this fight against BH refuse to adapt to the use of basic tech, we are going to keep losing men un-necessarily.
Did anyone notice that BHT convoys attacked the base with headlamps turned off? They used the cover of dawn to carry out their attack, that is basic hunting skill and the base was caught napping.

The arms captured is more than enough to prolong the war. I doubt if BH would attack another base with all that weapon. They will definitely spread the weapons within the cells across the length and breadth of that region to cause more extensive damage. The earlier the MNJTF mobilise serious air support to destroy the Shikas and heavy artilleries the better. By the way, what is Shiika anti aircraft weapon doing in that base? Does BH own aircrafts?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2016
SergeAlain:
grin grin grin no mind me my brother i no know say na only two them get.

I just dont trust the francophones. Dont forget how they delighted in kicking us when things were not going well.

Nigerian Forces are in Niger.
Two Nigerian Soldiers died in the Bosso Attack.
NAF routinely fly over Niger.
@Some point Nigerians will need to stop the paranoia about France .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2016
donstefano8:
I doubt if that bolded toy can deliver 10km realtime footage to base, but a scout armed with the toy could have radioed in enemy position and artilleries would have done serious damage before approaching the base. So long as the nations involved in this fight against BH refuse to adapt to the use of basic tech, we are going to keep losing men un-necessarily.
Did anyone notice that BHT convoys attacked the base with headlamps turned off? They used the cover of dawn to carry out their attack, that is basic hunting skill and the base was caught napping.

The arms captured is more than enough to prolong the war. I doubt if BH would attack another base with all that weapon. They will definitely spread the weapons within the cells across the length and breadth of that region to cause more extensive damage. The earlier the MNJTF mobilise serious air support to destroy the Shikas and heavy artilleries the better. By the way, what is Shiika anti aircraft weapon doing in that base? Does BH own aircrafts?

radius 5km ; diameter 10km as claim by manufacurer, but some users say radius could be 7.5km or more,depends on the EM enviroment.

There are some upgraded version with up to 10km fly radius and realtime footage transmition distance

The AEE F50/F100 More profestional but many times more expensive
made by AEE technology just another manufacturer

turing off the technical's headlamps can reduce the chances of being detected by human eyes but not useful against a thermal imaging device.Shiika is not very useful as a AA weapon against morden aircraft but to provie some fire support for ground attack.

pic : AEE F100

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 9:22am On Jul 10, 2016
Henry240:

I concur...The virgin-hunters were like sheep without a shepherd..No coordination, no nothing. But, of what use is. coordination when you have enough firepower to drench a base with 12.7mm and 14.5mm shells? I have TONs of military documentaries on my laptop including many series on the war in Afghanistan, and ill tell you, even a USMC F.O.B would not have survived that attack without Apache support.

The cache BH siezed from that base is nothing compared to the booty at the MNJTF base at Baga. I have the vid of the attack, and there were clips of smiling insurgents emptying entire rooms filled with ammunition, artillery shells (to be used for I.E.Ds), rifles and even mortars. It was a disaster, so ill forgive the Nigeriens.

Someone praised the use of trenches by the N.A troops. But the truth is, sitting in a trench and returning fire against swarms of Dshk-armed technicals, is suicide. No ballistic vest can stop 12.7mm shells. The vest will be diced like onions in a blender. Hence the reason why the term "bullet-proof vest" irritates me so much.

The MNJTF should invest in Hesco bastions similar to the ones employed by the AMISOM forces in Somalia...Layers and Layers of barriers all well manned.

But the question that remains on my mind is, would that base have been overrun if the Nigeriens could have laid down accurate mortar fire?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:31am On Jul 10, 2016
Katyusha:
I concur...The virgin-hunters were like sheep without a sh ;Depherd..No coordination, no nothing. But, of what use is. coordination when you have enough firepower to drench a base with 12.7mm and 14.5mm shells? I have TONs of military documentaries on my laptop including many series on the war in Afghanistan, and ill tell you, even a USMC F.O.B would not have survived that attack without Apache support.

The cache BH siezed from that base is nothing compared to the booty at the MNJTF base at Baga. I have the vid of the attack, and there were clips of smiling insurgents emptying entire rooms filled with ammunition, artillery shells (to be used for I.E.Ds), rifles and even mortars. It was a disaster, so ill forgive the Nigeriens.

Someone praised the use of trenches by the N.A troops. But the truth is, sitting in a trench and returning fire against swarms of Dshk-armed technicals, is suicide. No ballistic vest can stop 12.7mm shells. The vest will be diced like onions in a blender. Hence the reason why the term "bullet-proof vest" irritates me so much.

The MNJTF should invest in Hesco bastions similar to the ones employed by the AMISOM forces in Somalia...Layers and Layers of barriers all well manned.

But the question that remains on my mind is, would that base have been overrun if the Nigeriens could have laid down accurate mortar fire?

@katyusha you said it all but u spoilt it with ;"accurate mortar fire"......... grin

When u av a 12.7 & 14.5mm she'll blazing from all directions. Mortar for his not a effective CION weapon. A mortar can only be effective if ur base is well fortified/protected i.e Hesco bastions or stalked sand bags
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Katyusha(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2016
bidexiii:

@katyusha you said it all but u spoilt it with ;"accurate mortar fire"......... grin

When u av a 12.7 & 14.5mm she'll blazing from all directions. Mortar for his not a effective CION weapon. A mortar can only be effective if ur base is well fortified/protected i.e Hesco bastions or stalked sand bags
I disagree..the 81mm mortar employed by N.A troops has a 25m blast radius with HE shells having a 40m blast radius..enough to wreck any technical gunners. 50 shells would have inflicted serious casualties on the attackers to buy the troops time to regroup and and destroy ammo caches if retreating is necessary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.