Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025343 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
Whyem15:
Striker Arab was wounded in an ambush. He is currently stable and recuperating

Thank God

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Odunayaw:
The Pilot was very annoyed or these Terrorists wore rocket gum! Whaaat shocked

Probably has a good fire control system, maybe mi35m.....
And his course mates are tearing apart their air force counterparts in their group chats, and private dm, they are motivated beyond comprehension. Very precise targeting.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
One can only imagine the level of damage that will be done to the human body when it's being fired upon from the guns of an aircraft, I doubt if there will be any hope of survival even if the bullets hits non life threatening part of the body.
The NAF is really doing a good job and this insurgency have greatly increased their capacity and professionalism..The accuracy of those shots most likely from 3rd generation aircraft is very impressive tells you something about the "sabiness" of those guys.
When we take delivery of more modern platforms e go too red for those terrorists (that's if they don't switch tactics from conventional attacks to full time guerilla attacks).

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
ugo4u:
One can only imagine the level of damage that will be done to the human body when it's being fired upon from the guns of an aircraft, I doubt if there will be any hope of survival even if the bullets hits non life threatening part of the body.
The NAF is really doing a good job and this insurgency have greatly increased their capacity and professionalism..The accuracy of those shots most likely from 3rd generation fighter jets is very impressive tells you something about the "sabiness" of those guys.
When we take delivery of more modern platforms e go too red for those terrorists (that's if they don't switch tactics from conventional attacks to full time guerilla attacks).
No fixed wing aircraft currently in NAF inventory could do that. They simply fly too fast. Only a rotary wing, Mi-35M helicopter to be precise, could do such damage so quickly.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
ugo4u:
The NAF is really doing a good job and this insurgency have greatly increased their capacity and professionalism..The accuracy of those shots most likely from 3rd generation fighter jets is very impressive tells you something about the "sabiness" of those guys.

I have spent 76mm , and 40mm, in my house if you see the size, you know if it hits, someone, they aren't looking for a body, they are looking for parts, i have seen what a 12.7mm can do to a human being....and naval guns have more velocity(power) than army guns.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESka-arLoo

O boy, what was that?!!!

What a feast grin cool

But why did the pilot pardon the remaining 5 technicals
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Whyem15:

What about that emmybenison guy?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
In respect to the debate about recruiting the service of Eben Barlow and his mercenaries that helped stem the tide of Boko Haram's onslaught circa 2015, this book - Mercenary by Colonel Mike Hoare appears to be pertinent. Mad Mike Hoare is acclaimed to be the grand father of modern day mercenaries. He was consulted by Ojukwu and the federal government during the heat of the Biafra war.

In this memoir, he gave a rich historical account of the Congo conflict. The book contains Maps, Battle plans, Military strategies, War notes etc. Most importantly, readers will get insight into the pros and cons of the involvement of mercenaries in internal conflicts. Military history buffs will find this useful.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Aside from Pictures and Videos, and reports focused on military operations against Boko Haram, Can I also share some academic and scholarly literatures in my library relating to military and defence?

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I have spent 76mm , and 40mm, in my house if you see the size, you know if it hits, someone, they aren't looking for a body, they are looking for parts, i have seen what a 12.7mm can do to a human being....and naval guns have more velocity(power) than army guns.

They also cause damage through splash hits too. Especially H.Es
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jarell: 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
FoolaniBandit:
Aside from Pictures and Videos, and reports focused on military operations against Boko Haram, Can I also share some academic and scholarly literatures in my library relating to military and defence?

Pls do.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Few of my Vietnam War collections. Aside from WW2, I doubt if there is any other war that has been written about as much as Vietnam. The Americans literally got their egos bruised in the swamps and jungles of Vietnam

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
Whyem15:

Get well soon brother.
God dey ya back...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is one of the introductory materials in Professor Barry Buzan's Critical Security Theory.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
Some materials for Masters thesis

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RESka-arLoo

O boy, what was that?!!!

dammmnnn son
that's what I call strafing....intense, decisive fire power from a gunship, combined with the anger and venom of a diligent pilot.
okay, so think its even more obvious now that we need more FLIR pods on the MI35s
in fact, FLIR pods on all rotary and fixed wing assets capable of raining down bullets and rockets on these vermin.
They carried out the attack at night, thinking they would be invisible as they've always been
but the FLIR pods or its Chinese or Russian equivalent indeed is a game changer,
more of these IR, Day/Night TV pods are needed.
MORE.
Get to strafing
hooooraahhhhhhhh

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
bidexiii:
NA modified OTO Melara Mod 56 on Toyota hilux vehicle

sweet sweet. more impressed about this than the SH5, because if Nigeria were to purchase everything it need to end this war,
the war will never end. So yes, nice that the SH5 were acquired but now that they have a platform to copy off of. (SH5)
NA and DICON should start converting all towed howitzers to mobile ones.
This should give the NA a lot more room to maneuver and deal decisively with these vermin.

Dopeness

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2020
bidexiii:
NA SH5-105mm SPA

Dope platform to copy...
Turn all towed howitzers to mobile ones.
Its not hard...
like we see here

bidexiii:
NA modified OTO Melara Mod 56 on Toyota hilux vehicle

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Probably has a good fire control system, maybe mi35m.....
And his course mates are tearing apart their air force counterparts in their group chats, and private dm, they are motivated beyond comprehension. Very precise targeting.
This is probably the 2nd only video that'd impress me this much.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
Good one

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
Another command course material

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
A useful work on counter insurgency and guerrilla warfare

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
Someone already posted the footage on Reddit. Gathered so much upvotes already.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 8:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Black Hawk, one of America's most sophisticated Helicopters as at that time. Somali militia's loyal to Farah Adid knocked off three of this bird off the sky of Mogadishu with their RPG's. This book gives an account of America's military fiasco in that beleaguered country

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Another book on air disaster, this time, in the gulf

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FoolaniBandit: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
An academic material on the gulf war

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 8:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
BabaOwen:
You're right about the elite not supporting NK, but you're wrong about the general populace not supporting him. With what I use my eyes to see in the south east, he has a lot of followers.

There is this corper I know serving in NDA, when IPOB was celebrating an anniversary, he uploaded IPOB flag on his profile pic and status.

First of the nostalgic Biafra of the 1960's no longer get exists.

Biafra is intrinsically TRIBALISTIC. The South South will not subject itself to second class citizenship status and new masters taking the black Gold with red caps from the East.

That makes it essentially a landlocked country and far from economically viable.

The strength of the Igbo nation is in its ability to partnership, integrate, and trade across the entire West African sub region. Traders do not work in Isolation but partnership.

Do not presume silence to be consent. Igbo people are educated, conversant and informed. Do you see any of the Igbo elite subjecting themselves to be led by consent by this deranged megalomaniac called Nnamdi.

I SIMPLY DO NOT.

Nnamdi is IPOB and IPOB is Nnamdi and he thinks that knowledge and understanding are his reclusive preserve. Why does he not test his popularity by contesting just a senatorial seat. But he has not because he will probably loose.

Go and talk to the original founding members of IPOB in the UK where it was birthed. See how much division they have after Nnamdi made himself the sole signatory to all thier finances throwing all forms of democratic considerations into the bin.

Then you will have some more understanding and not be fooled by the propaganda charade that serves the purposes of deranged dictator.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
FoolaniBandit:
A useful work on counter insurgency and guerrilla warfare
Sometimes in the nearest future I'd save up and get myself a treat of most books on guerrilla warfare especially from South Africa.

Reading The Killing Zone made my brain ejaculate

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Whyem15:
Just thinking........ When Nigeria eventually recapture the remaining 4 LGAs currently under Bokoharam/ISWAP control, what next? Is there a possibility that the terrorists will go back to the suicide bombing attacks they started with or will they just vanish? How are we going to deal with such threats as suicide bombings and hit and run tactics? The terrorists are currently occupied with administering and defending the territories they currently hold, when you take that away, what else will distract them and prevent them from going on rampage in several parts of the country? Is there any hope that the ideologies will die suddenly and abruptly m

Let's discuss the next phase of the counterinsurgency war and predict what might happen after the military recaptures the remaining territories.

Correction; There is no four LG under bokoharam control, cos an area is infested with terrorists does not translate to control but I get your point.

Terrorism has different stages, this stage is the longest, It can last for decades. This stage first of all begin to witness terrorist organisation breaking into factions
What happens at this stage is that the terrorists reduce to common criminals by engaging in suicide bombings, IED attacks, ambushes of security agents ( military to civilian agencies) kidnapping, armed robbery, armed banditry, random killings etc. This stage is currently been witnessed in southern borno.
At this stage, the military's responsibility would decrease while the law enforcement agencies'( including intelligence services) responsibility would increase. The main objective at this stage would be to return to civil sanity and the best way to achieve the desired result at this stage is through appropriate law enforcement and amnesty, or else the insurgents would grow back through ambush of security agents and taking possession of their arms, ammunition and vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
komekn:

First of the nostalgic Biafra of the 1960's no longer get exists.

Biafra is intrinsically TRIBALISTIC. The South South will not subject itself to second class citizenship status and new masters taking the black Gold with red caps from the East.

That makes it essentially a landlocked country and far from economically viable.

The strength of the Igbo nation is in its ability to partnership, integrate, and trade across the entire West African sub region. Traders do not work in Isolation but partnership.

Do not presume silence to be consent. Igbo people are educated, conversant and informed. Do you see any of the Igbo elite subjecting themselves to be led by consent by this deranged megalomaniac called Nnamdi.

I SIMPLY DO NOT.

Nnamdi is IPOB and IPOB is Nnamdi and he thinks that knowledge and understanding are his reclusive preserve. Why does he not test his popularity by contesting just a senatorial seat. But he has not because he will probably loose.

Go and talk to the original founding members of IPOB in the UK where it was birthed. See how much division they have after Nnamdi made himself the sole signatory to all thier finances throwing all forms of democratic considerations into the bin.

Then you will have some more understanding and not be fooled by the propaganda charade that serves the purposes of deranged dictator.

Lol... I'm not talking of the south south.

I'm talking about Igbo land, but make we forget the matter so as not to derail.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2020
FoolaniBandit:
An academic material on the gulf war

Can I see all these books in a regular bookstore?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.