Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,857 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3073468 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
Whenever Nigerian soldiers are killed, I feel happy. Whether he is igbo, igala, hausa or yoruba, it doesn't Matter, all I know is that he is a Nigerian soldier. And long may their deaths in active service continue.

Unpatriotic? Nah.

There is nothing patriotic about killing young & old people in lekki, osogbo, oyigbo, zakibiam, odi, etc, just because you have a gun, and they don't have a gun. The Nigerian soldiers aren't serving the Nigerian people, their loyalty is to the politicians and their Generals. So if they get killed, that's karma doing its thing.

Patriotism is to the people, and not to the 1% bringing destruction on the 99% .

And my hope is that, the soldiers who shot at unarmed young people during the Endsars protest and in other places, will somehow meet their match in bokoharam or some new terrorist outfit, then we will see how brave and brutal they really are.

In the end, Nigerians will end Nigeria, at the right time. The politicians cannot continue using their soldiers and legal terrorists to keep the average Nigerian docile and psychologically impoverished.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
kikuyu1:

You can see the missile trial,likely from a drone. Obviously its related to the ongoing election steal.

https://youtu.be/U6aM7WHm-NA

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=22384

Should've posted this earlier. Like I said its realted to the election steal.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
Please does anyone know the reason operation fireball hasn't kick-started?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
youghs:
Please does anyone know the reason operation fireball hasn't kick-started?
don't know why...

Also note the three NAF jf17 is ready as they were rolled out today along side 14 jf17b for the PAF.

Also the block 3 production launch was today NAF should not slack o make them place orders nowgrin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2020
Toju200:
don't know why...

Also note the three NAF jf17 is ready as they were rolled out today along side 14 jf17b for the PAF.

Also the block 3 production launch was today NAF should not slack o make them place orders nowgrin
Na that Block 3 be the koko grin

I also hope NAF will face the electronic side of the business in 2021. EW/ECM is a side I don't think we've developed

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
Odunayaw:
Peccavi delivers a nice plan on the security of the coffin making road of NE. Read

https://peccaviconsulting./2020/12/30/insecurity-on-nigerian-roads-securing-the-maiduguri-damaturu-road/amp/#click=https:///I9ZWhjlOfA
Needs to be condensed
1) Effective use of UAVS
2) Base command Posts
3) Hq POSTS
4) Unpredictable patrols
5) His premise is made on orthodox/ conventional tactics this is an absolute no-no in asymmetric warfare move to unconventional coin tactics
that means no watch towers , mobile fobs that can be dismantled at a moments notice .
6) Purpose is not regimented patrols but unregimented , highly mobile highly disciplined soldiers who are to interdicts/ eliminate bandits not to worry about deterrence factor .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
LTGEN:

5) His premise is made on orthodox/ conventional tactics this is an absolute no-no in asymmetric warfare move to unconventional coin tactics
that means no watch towers , mobile fobs that can be dismantled at a moments notice .
You do know what Patrol and Fire bases mean right?

As for watch towers/post, did you read the part of terrain appreciation (Natural slopes and heights etc)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2020
Toju200:
don't know why...

Okay now
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 11:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
illumined:
Whenever Nigerian soldiers are killed, I feel happy. Whether he is igbo, igala, hausa or yoruba, it doesn't Matter, all I know is that he is a Nigerian soldier. And long may their deaths in active service continue.

Unpatriotic? Nah.

There is nothing patriotic about killing young & old people in lekki, osogbo, oyigbo, zakibiam, odi, etc, just because you have a gun, and they don't have a gun. The Nigerian soldiers aren't serving the Nigerian people, their loyalty is to the politicians and their Generals. So if they get killed, that's karma doing its thing.

Patriotism is to the people, and not to the 1% bringing destruction on the 99% .

And my hope is that, the soldiers who shot at unarmed young people during the Endsars protest and in other places, will somehow meet their match in bokoharam or some new terrorist outfit, then we will see how brave and brutal they really are.

In the end, Nigerians will end Nigeria, at the right time. The politicians cannot continue using their soldiers and legal terrorists to keep the average Nigerian docile and psychologically impoverished.

What is your definition of docile? I ask because I doubt that if you took to the streets of several world cities and asked people randomly, 'out of Kenya, South Africa, Mozambique, Egypt, Nigeria', and someplace else of your choice, 'whose nationals would you consider the most docile?’ I doubt anyone would mention Nigeria. I doubt anyone in the world with an iota of exposure would consider Nigerians a controlled and subdued people.

Are you even Nigerian to say a thing like that?

And actually my guess would be that, right now, if you’re in Africa but not in Nigeria or South Africa you’re sitting and enjoying the hospitality of a West African nation whose people are the most docile in Africa contemporarily.

Please people forgive me for laughing, grin grin grin (I’m laughing bitterly) it’s just that I read, and I don’t know if this was fake, but inspector of police in Nigeria stating that one of his officers was killed, beheaded and eaten in the bush by some Nigeria miscreants’.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 31, 2020
The good thing about natural justice is that it always hits whoever supports evil. I know that some of you here are paid vagabonds carrying out PR propaganda for the Nigerian military.
But I'm here to tell you people that one day, you all will feel the tragedy of the pain the Nigerian military have caused thousands of Nigerian families. The bullets from the zombies might not hit you, but it would definitely not miss an individual whose death will bring you great trauma.

You look at the families of dead soldiers, and you see how they are suffering, that is karma. Some of their widows and daughters now engage in prostitution to feed. You destroy someone
else's family, while expecting your own not to be destroyed? You lie.

By the way, I stay in Lagos, close to an Army barracks.
Litmus:

What is your definition of docile? I ask because I doubt that if you took to the streets of several world cities and asked people randomly, 'out of Kenya, South Africa, Mozambique, Egypt, Nigeria', and someplace else of your choice, 'whose nationals would you consider the most docile?’ I doubt anyone would mention Nigeria. I doubt anyone in the world with an iota of exposure would consider Nigerians a controlled and subdued people.

Are you even Nigerian to say a thing like that?

And actually my guess would be that, right now, if you’re in Africa but not in Nigeria or South Africa you’re sitting and enjoying the hospitality of a West African nation whose people are the most docile in Africa contemporarily.

Please people forgive me for laughing, grin grin grin (I’m laughing bitterly) it’s just that I read, and I don’t know if this was fake, but inspector of police in Nigeria stating that one of his officers was killed, beheaded and eaten in the bush by some Nigeria miscreants’.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Edopesin: 1:00am On Dec 31, 2020
illumined:
The good thing about natural justice is that it always hits whoever supports evil. I know that some of you here are paid vagabonds carrying out PR propaganda for the Nigerian military.
But I'm here to tell you people that one day, you all will feel the tragedy of the pain the Nigerian military have caused thousands of Nigerian families. The bullets from the zombies might not hit you, but it would definitely not miss an individual whose death will bring you great trauma.

You look at the families of dead soldiers, and you see how they are suffering, that is karma. Some of their widows and daughters now engage in prostitution to feed. You destroy someone
else's family, while expecting your own not to be destroyed? You lie.

By the way, I stay in Lagos, close to an Army barracks.

Story, you will be alright one day

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 31, 2020
Such an oxymoron that your moniker 'illumined' points to someone that has light or is enlightened, but your comment portrays one that may be full of darkness and for lack of a better word, foolish.

While most of us here are grieved by the event of Oct 20, 2020, and pray/wish that the key players are brought to book or judged by God in some way, we also understand the sacrifice our Nigerian Soldiers up north are facing to ensure we stay safe. If none of these matters to you, then always keep in mind that sweeping generalizations are usually a sign of an unintelligent mind or one steeped in bias.

Those guys out there risking their dear lives are our brothers and they have loved ones too! BTW, you're free to place your curses on the key players of the Lekki massacre (not sure how those things work, if they do grin).

illumined:

Unpatriotic? Nah.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:25am On Dec 31, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 31, 2020
I've seen firsthand the atrocities your average Nigerian soldier is capable of. Back then in Kaduna, Dec 2015, the Nigerian soldiers didn't just kill men and women who were Shiites, but they also gunned down infants as young as 2 months old. Now tell me the sort of an individual who kills unarmed men and women, then took it a step further to kill their infants?

You talking about me being dark because, the truth tortures you. Well, we gonna keep talking about the atrocities the zombies have committed and keep committing against the Nigerian people, till they themselves end up in a coffin, and their families suffer just like they made other families suffer by extra judicially killing the bread winners of such families.

And you who do PR propaganda for them, karma will smile at you at some point.
bLacKGoLd3:
Such an oxymoron that your moniker 'illumined' points to someone that has light or is enlightened, but your comment portrays one that may be full of darkness and for lack of a better word, foolish.

While most of us here are grieved by the event of Oct 20, 2020, and pray/wish that the key players are brought to book or judged by God in some way, we also understand the sacrifice our Nigerian Soldiers up north are facing to ensure we stay safe. If none of these matters to you, then always keep in mind that sweeping generalizations are usually a sign of an unintelligent mind or one steeped in bias.

Those guys out there risking their dear lives are our brothers and they have loved ones too! BTW, you're free to place your curses on the key players of the Lekki massacre (not sure how those things work, if they do grin).

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 9:38am On Dec 31, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

You know a full drum of diesel isn't really dangerous, an almost empty drum though is more dangerous

How??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 10:08am On Dec 31, 2020
illumined:

Unpatriotic? Nah.

There was no massacre.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
Two scenario are at play here.
There is either a pateint on loose and has managed his hands on a phone or
Patient in these kind of hospitals now use phones.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
It was peaceful and tranquil until someone quoted him, I believe a lot of us have been here for a long time. We should know how to deal with people that seek attention by now. I'm sure he/she had a hard-on when he saw that quote.
LET'S DO BETTER, DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka1: 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
[quote author=lebuhsi post=97586234]It was peaceful and tranquil until someone quoted him, I believe a lot of us have been here for a long time. We should know how to deal with people that seek attention by now. I'm sure he/she had a hard-on when he saw that quote.
LET'S DO BETTER, DON'T FEED THE TROLL![/quote

That was when the problems started. It's the people that liked him I am aghast at. What the hell are they doing on this thread if they feel that way? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
Please who can confirm this?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandesward: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
joshingjosh:

How??

For there to be an explosion there needs to be adequate amount of oxidizing agent in this case, oxygen to cause an explosion....a fuel drum of diesel has little space for oxygen, the lower the volume of diesel or fuel, with higher quantity of oxidizing agent, the higher the chances of explosion.And the explosion strength increases with the higher number of charged particles in the mixture of fuel , and oxidizing agent....if you want to make a home made bomb more powerful, introduce powder particles into the air using fan or any means, pour fuel and light matches in a somewhat enclosed place. ...you will get a giant fireworks bang, and possibly dead bodies.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2020
Stephandesward:

For there to be an explosion there needs to be adequate amount of oxidizing agent in this case, oxygen to cause an explosion....a fuel drum of diesel has little space for oxygen, the lower the volume of diesel or fuel, with higher quantity of oxidizing agent, the higher the chances of explosion.And the explosion strength increases with the higher number of charged particles in the mixture of fuel , and oxidizing agent....if you want to make a home made bomb more powerful, introduce powder particles into the air using fan or any means, pour fuel and light matches in a somewhat enclosed place. ...you will get a giant fireworks bang, and possibly dead bodies.

Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
youghs:
Please who can confirm this?
I recommend u don't take this serious...this guy is a Specisl assistant on social welfare to Borno governor..most politicians are clueless on military matters .. They can call a pistol an automatic rifle.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2020
Odunayaw:
You do know what Patrol and Fire bases mean right?

As for watch towers/post, did you read the part of terrain appreciation (Natural slopes and heights etc)
AKA as Sitting Targets
We have been down this road before.
Even the most unlikely Soldiers in the field will tell you .
Constantly catching Bh unawares is what will kill Bh
What happened Saturday to Monday is being described as a bloodbath for Bh
They were caught napping.
This is going to be a dirty war not fought according to Queensberry rules.
You take the fight to the enemy when he is asleep not set up a regimented Shop and say :
Hello here I am..

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
Stephandesward:

Oga, how did you know all these?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LagosWahala: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

Oga, how did you know all these?

He's a military man.. that's how cool grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by davefurn: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
Nigerian own is even small compared to the so-called super-powers. Not saying what they did is right, but it was completely wrong. No army is Holy period!!!!!!
illumined:
I've seen firsthand the atrocities your average Nigerian soldier is capable of. Back then in Kaduna, Dec 2015, the Nigerian soldiers didn't just kill men and women who were Shiites, but they also gunned down infants as young as 2 months old. Now tell me the sort of an individual who kills unarmed men and women, then took it a step further to kill their infants?

You talking about me being dark because, the truth tortures you. Well, we gonna keep talking about the atrocities the zombies have committed and keep committing against the Nigerian people, till they themselves end up in a coffin, and their families suffer just like they made other families suffer by extra judicially killing the bread winners of such families.

And you who do PR propaganda for them, karma will smile at you at some point.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:33am On Jan 01, 2021
Instead of Fire Crackers na Anti-aircraft Gun and AK Army dey take celebrate new year here grin grin

I was expecting 40barrel celebration embarassed

Happy New Year from the Northeast. Reporting Live from a Nigeria-Cameroon Border area grin

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:55am On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year people..
It's been God

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:13am On Jan 01, 2021
OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE: AIR TASK FORCE NEUTRALIZES ISWAP TERRORISTS, DESTROYS HIDEOUTS, LOGISTICS STRUCTURES AT TUMBUN GINI IN BORNO STATE

1. In continuation of its sustained onslaught against insurgents operating in the North East of the Country, the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has neutralized several Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) elements and destroyed their hideouts at 1Km North of Tumbun Gini on the fringes of Lake Chad in Borno State. This was achieved through air strikes executed yesterday, 30 December 2020, after series of aerial surveillance missions had indicated that the location, with structures and logistics items camouflaged under the dense vegetation, was being used as staging area where some ISWAP leaders and their fighters meet to plan and launch attacks.

2. Accordingly, the ATF dispatched a force package of Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets and helicopter gunships to attack the location in successive passes. The attack aircraft scored devastating hits in the target area, destroying some structures and neutralizing several of the ISWAP fighters while some survivors were seen fleeing the scene. Consequently, the fleeing ISWAP survivors were hit by second rockets and subsequently moped up.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
31 December 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2021
#PressBriefing #DHQUpdate

RECORD OF ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA OPERATIONS FOR YEAR 2020 FROM 18 MARCH TO 30 DECEMBER

1. As you are aware, the Directorate of Defence Media Operations (DDMO) came into full operations from 18 March 2020. Since its establishment, the DDMO have worked assiduously to meet its mandate; to manage military operations information from all theatres of operation across the Country. All through, the Directorate provided a single, coordinated voice to disseminate timely and credible information on all Defence Headquarters-led operations. We have achieved these through daily press releases, weekly press briefings as well as quarterly updates and sometimes personal appearances on different media houses, and these would not have been possible without your cooperation and support, gentlemen of the press. We honestly appreciate you. As we come to the end of the year, it is necessary for us to jog memories on the unrelenting and committed efforts of the Nigerian Military and other security agencies to resolve the security challenges across the Country. This would give a better perspective of the cumulative results of our operational activities and achievements. Against this backdrop, I will be giving a record on the Armed Forces of Nigeria’s operations from 18 March to 30 December 2020.

2. The efforts and sacrifices of the gallant officers and men of the Military as well as other security agencies that conduct these operations have been progressive. Within the period under review, troops engaged in series of land, maritime and air operations, involving both kinetic and non-kinetic activities across the country. The land operations conducted among others across the various theatres of operation include; clearance, ambush, raid, picketing, cordon and search operations as well as artillery bombardments and aggressive patrols. Others were maritime operations involving anti-piracy, anti-illegal bunkering, anti-crude oil theft and anti-pipeline vandalism operations as well as other duties such as anti-smuggling operations. Furthermore, comprehensive air operations including air patrols, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance missions, offensive air strikes, air interdictions, search and rescue operations as well as close air support and air cover for ground troops.

3. Although some of our troops paid the supreme prize in the course of the operations, our dogged troops have consistently exhibited gallantry and resilience in the various operations. Within the timeframe in focus, troops neutralized scores of terrorists and bandits, while many others were incapacitated and their camps destroyed. Our operations also inhibited activities of economic saboteurs as well as exposed and obviated other criminal activities. In addition, several other criminal elements, including high profile ones were either killed in action or arrested, sometimes together with their families as well as informants and gunrunners. Besides, there are records of scores of criminals surrendering due to troops’ overwhelming superior firepower and intelligence activities. Other feats recorded in the course of our operations were the rescue of kidnapped victims, prominent among which, is the recent rescue of 344 school boys of Government Science Secondary School Kankara, as well as the Islamiya children, all in Katsina State. Others were repelling and forestallment of terrorists and bandits’ attacks on civilians and troops. Troops also recovered caches of arms and ammunition, equipment, vehicles and oodles of livestock within the period. You may as well recall that, in the maritime environment, troops in major and subsidiary operations were able to disrupt smuggling activities, immobilize illegal refining sites, arrest perpetrators, seize foreign parboiled rice and recover tons of petroleum products.

4. In the North-West zone of the country, between 18 March and 31 December 2020, a cumulative total of 5,281 livestock, 6,951 rounds of ammunition and 120 assorted rifles were recovered from the armed bandits by the gallant troops in the Zone. Furthermore, a total of 455 kidnapped victims were rescued and 473 armed bandits were killed in action. In the same vein, a total of 461 arrests were made in the Zone including high profile armed bandits, gun runners and bandit’s collaborators, while a total cash of N6,365,550 was recovered from armed bandits and their informants in the Zone.

5. Progressively, in the North-East Zone of the Country within the period, 200 kidnapped victims were rescued by the gallant troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE. A total of 1,385 rounds of ammunition, 45 grenades as well as 95 assorted rifles were recovered from BHT/ISWAP fighters. In addition, several gun trucks were captured, while some others were destroyed during air strikes. Equally, 1,805 insurgents/terrorists including commanders were killed by the troops aside scores killed by air raids/attacks. Additionally, within the period, a total of 79 arrests were made including high value targets.

6. In the North-Central Zone of the Country, within the period, troops of Operations SAFE HAVEN, WHIRL STROKE and THUNDER STRIKE have achieved appreciable successes. A total of 130 kidnapped victims were rescued and 105 assorted rifles as well as 513 rounds of ammunition and 1,055 rustled cattle were recovered from armed bandits and other criminal elements in the Zone. In the same vein, a total of 1,250 criminals including family members of the Darul Salam sect were arrested within the period. Furthermore, troops neutralized a total of 125 armed bandits including militia gang leaders.

7. In the South-South Zone, the Armed Forces of Nigeria working with other security agencies recorded remarkable results in their efforts against economic sabotage and other sundry crimes in the Zone. Within the period under review, a cumulative total of 8,890,300 litres of stolen AGO and 33,516,00 litres of DPK were impounded by troops of Operation DELTA SAFE. In the same vein, the gallant troops immobilized a total of 185 illegal refining sites, 85 dugout pits and 163 metal storage tanks within the period. Additionally, troops impounded a cumulative total of 31,236.8 barrels of stolen crude oil as well as 12,272,652 litres of stolen PMS from oil thieves in the Zone. Also, a total of 47 kidnapped victims were rescued, while 72 vandals and criminals were arrested. Furthermore, a total of 4,250 bags of 50kg foreign parboiled smuggled rice were impounded and 45 boats engaged in illegal activities were arrested. Troops also arrested a total of 53 pirates and 25 trucks as well as recovered 23 rifles, 65,330 rounds of ammunition and destroyed 23 sea pirate camps.

8. Similarly, troops of Operation AWATSE in the South-West Zone between 18 March and 30 December 2020, impounded a total of 10,458,600 litres of PMS; 15,345 barrels of stolen crude oil and 345,000 litres of stolen AGO. Additionally, troops recovered a total of 3,594 rounds of ammunition and 14 assorted rifles. Also, within the period, a total of 23 illegal refining sites were immobilized, while 15 boats and 23 trucks engaged in illegal activities were arrested. In the same vein, within the period 35 kidnapped victims were rescued, while 48 arrests were made.

9. In addition to the kinetic operations, the Armed Forces of Nigeria carried out non-kinetic operations in form of Civil Military Cooperation Activities (CIMIC). A total of 92 boreholes were sunk for host communities and 16 schools and worship centres were renovated across the Country. Additionally, 16 clinics and dispensaries were constructed and donated, including buses to host communities. Moreover, the Armed Forces of Nigeria constructed roads, installed transformers and solar power equipment in some host communities. The military also fostered several stakeholders and reconciliation meetings between hostile communities and carried out medical outreaches.

10. In summary, the Armed Forces of Nigeria from 18 March to 30 December 2020 neutralized 2,403 criminal elements across the Country. This is in addition to scores of other terrorists and armed bandits killed during air strikes. Troops also rescued a total of 864 kidnapped victims across the Country. In addition, a total of 9,684,797 litres of stolen AGO and 33,516,000 litres of DPK were recovered. Equally, 1,910 criminal elements were arrested and large cache of arms, ammunition and equipment were recovered during the period. Furthermore, a total of 46,581.8 barrels of stolen crude oil and 22,881,257 litres of stolen PMS were recovered by the troops of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.

11. Gleaning from the available information as I have just presented, there is no gain saying the efforts of the Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies in the Year 2020 yielded appreciable results. Our operational performance for the year is a show of our commitment, synergy and determination to lay down our lives to protect our great Nation. We will continue to sustain the offensive and will not relent until peace is restored to every troubled zone in Nigeria. The general public is also assured of our commitment to protect our economic assets anywhere.

12. The High Command of the Nigerian Military wishes to thank the general public for their support and further solicit their cooperation towards providing credible and timely information that will facilitate proactive engagements in our operations. The Military High Command also commends all the gallant troops of the Armed Forces and personnel of other security agencies involved in various operations across the country for their resilience, doggedness and commitment. Troops are further encouraged to remain resolute and decisive in securing the country. Once again I thank members of the press for their understanding and support for our course.

JOHN ENENCHE
Major General
Coordinator
Defence Media Operations
Defence Headquarters
31 December 2020

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.