Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3025773 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:

Are we yo judge a COAS based on his infantry exploit or election duties
I mentioned his infantry exploits already. Was talking about his record working in civilian climes

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBraven: 7:53am On May 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrw8mkWd8Os

See as UGM dey work bodly for broad daylight.
This are not unknown gunmen,this are cultist in edo state

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:58am On May 28, 2021
EricBraven:

Where in Edo state is that road located?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:13am On May 28, 2021
A village was attacked yesterday in Benue state, more than 30 people were killed. The pictures are so gory embarassed

Nigerian army will go into a community to disarm them, but when fulani heardsmen attack this communities, Nigerian army will be no where to be found.

I will be so shock if lawmakers from Benue state will be against state police.

This country keeps on failing the people, shey nah like this things go dey go

Fulanis herdsmen, attacking and killing people for no sane reason on their mothers land... Dam!!

I hope states that are interested in having state police, will be giving the opportunity to do so. Then the ones that do not want to have can keep on relying on the Federal police.

The pic are just so gory. This kind of killings is so unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:18am On May 28, 2021
GMB told the military and police to disarm communities, yet he did nothing to improve security of life and properties in this communities.

Fulanis will pay for all this unprovoked killings soon. It was because of this kind of attacks by fulani heardsmen some communities in the middle belt have refused to drop their arms.

The Nigerian army will go into this communities and start attacking indigenes of this communities, arresting indigenes of this communities, killing people of this communities and burning their properties just because they are looking for where arms are kept. When they eventually find this arms, they pack everything and leave.

Then fulanis herdsmen will com and attack this people and the Nigerian army and police will be no where to be found.

This communities have been existing before the creation of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 8:26am On May 28, 2021
Whyem15:

A country with over 300 tribes can not use the 1963 constitution as it is without facing numerous new problems. The southwest which is arguably the most homogeneous region isn't as homogeneous as we think, talk less of the north, south south and even south east. Have ten regions and we will still be hearing cries of marginalization. In my opinion, the best thing is to strengthen the local government and that at the wards so as to bring government and governance closer to the people. Majority of the dividends of democracy can only be enjoyed by majority of the when provided at the local level. Neither federalism or unitary system will work if this isn't taken care of. Let each tribe/ethnic group have a functioning government close to them where they can participate in the governance.
300 ethnic u mean
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:31am On May 28, 2021
People are already fleeing kana as if they are fighting a war in the community.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:43am On May 28, 2021
Whyem15:

A country with over 300 tribes can not use the 1963 constitution as it is without facing numerous new problems. The southwest which is arguably the most homogeneous region isn't as homogeneous as we think, talk less of the north, south south and even south east. Have ten regions and we will still be hearing cries of marginalization. In my opinion, the best thing is to strengthen the local government and that at the wards so as to bring government and governance closer to the people. Majority of the dividends of democracy can only be enjoyed by majority of the when provided at the local level. Neither federalism or unitary system will work if this isn't taken care of. Let each tribe/ethnic group have a functioning government close to them where they can participate in the governance.
I agree with you on stregnthning the LG. I believe we should have a central INEC that will be in charge of conducting every election (presidential election, federal and state assembly election and local government elections). State police, LG police should also be established.

The Tivs wanted a referendum for states to be created in the Northern region, Awolowo wanted the Yorubas in present day Kwara and Kogi to have a referendum to decide if they still want to be in the Northern region or Western region, the minorities in the Eastern region also wanted a state to be created for them.

The politicians messed up things after independence and the military com scatter everything pata pata.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:47am On May 28, 2021
Yobe state don talk say dem dey against state Police, Lagos State dey in support of state police.

I hope there will be room for referendum in this constitution review sha, so any geopolitical region that is tired can start working on leaving Nigeria in a peaceful way.

It will be left for the people of the geopolitical region to vote if they want to still be part of Nigeria or not.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:50am On May 28, 2021
The pictures coming out from naka in Benue is unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/one_dosh/status/1398152387118907397?s=19

There are few gory pictures in that link.

Fulanis attacked the community in the night, while people were sleeping.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:52am On May 28, 2021
A thread about the killings is already on the front page embarassed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:03am On May 28, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gw_kez5KsU

Look at the rubbish the DSS is more concerned about. You will never see them foiling an attack before it happens.

What is more important between the lives of Nigerians and the unity of Nigerians sef

No reasonable outcome might com out of this constitutional conference. I just hope a tribalistic southerner will take over in Abuja in 2023. We need changes or we should divide this country make everybody go dem way.

Benue state can't be an independent country and this kind of madness will be happening lai lai.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:29am On May 28, 2021
Then you might as well look into the mental health of most Nigerians.
The idea of brutality seem to be something engraved into us as a people.
No be that same country una dey stone each other to death? burn people to death etc?
What do you do to thieves when caught? strip them naked, sexually abuse them, pepper them etc, Were those soldiers doing all that as well? It's sadly our nature (perhaps current or not) to be brutal towards one another. It's a mentality that should have been gotten rid of in the military, i doubt the military is the cause.
Ordinary Nigerians on the street open their own eyes and commit murder in broad day light, imagine someone stole a laptop from some random stranger, then more random strangers gather around the thief and beat him to death, even though they were never victimized by the suspect.
How many employers are out there brutalizing their own employees in Nigeria? even sexually assaulting them, are they soldiers too?
If we need to build a better country, we have to change our nature, and that can only be done through thorough executions of law and order, and education, even education is debatable, but it will help because in the long run the crazies will get weeded out. But law and order is key.
I mean, we have university students in Nigeria committing serious crimes, so perhaps introduce course in civility, that might be a good start, if they don't have that yet.

GeneralFarouq:
Some stuff we allude to military brutality may fall under PTS.
I still believe looking into the mental health of soldiers would solve most of these issues.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by TabletMan: 9:49am On May 28, 2021
EricBraven:

That road is located at Owerri city center and you can clearly see the Imo state shuttle bus in the background.
DubaiLandLord1:
Yobe state don talk say dem dey against state Police, Lagos State dey in support of state police.

I hope there will be room for referendum in this constitution review sha, so any geopolitical region that is tired can start working on leaving Nigeria in a peaceful way.

It will be left for the people of the geopolitical region to vote if they want to still be part of Nigeria or not.
My brother, let's not get emotional while/when trying to solve a security problem cos it might led to another bigger problem.
The present political atmosphere in this country will make state police to be useless. Imagine what Obiano will use state police to do to his political opponent because of Anambra upcoming election, then reason how El rufai will use state police to intimidate and harass groups in southern kaduna like SOKAPU.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:55am On May 28, 2021
It's all about having checks and balances in place, US has state and local police and no Governor will dare abuse his authority by askithe police to do anythingillegal, if he do that, the Attorney General will launch an investigation and prosecute him.
If we have certain things in place, then no reason why we can't have local and state police.

TabletMan:
That road is located at Owerri city center and you can clearly see the Imo state shuttle bus in the background.
My brother, let's not get emotional while/when trying to solve a security problem cos it might led to another bigger problem.
The present political atmosphere in this country will make state police to be useless. Imagine what Obiano will use state police to do to his political opponent because of Anambra upcoming election, then reason how El rufai will use state police to intimidate and harass groups in southern kaduna like SOKAPU.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:07am On May 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I agree with you on stregnthning the LG. I believe we should have a central INEC that will be in charge of conducting every election (presidential election, federal and state assembly election and local government elections). State police, LG police should also be established.

The Tivs wanted a referendum for states to be created in the Northern region, Awolowo wanted the Yorubas in present day Kwara and Kogi to have a referendum to decide if they still want to be in the Northern region or Western region, the minorities in the Eastern region also wanted a state to be created for them.

The politicians messed up things after independence and the military com scatter everything pata pata.

Local governments had security outfits in the forms of forest guards years back. There is provision for it. State governors killed that program when they rendered local government useless. The former CDS claimed he informed the governors as far back as 2018 that the next security challenge will be from the forest and they still did nothing to prevent it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 10:14am On May 28, 2021
Sizzorkay:
It's all about having checks and balances in place, US has state and local police and no Governor will dare abuse his authority by askithe police to do anythingillegal, if he do that, the Attorney General will launch an investigation and prosecute him.
If we have certain things in place, then no reason why we can't have local and state police.

Underrated post.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NafeesaAA(f): 10:24am On May 28, 2021
I want to ask a question.

When a president chooses an officer who is junior to numerous other senior officers for a top position, forcing the seniors into retirement, the senior officers are supposed to receive pension right?

Basically, officers who should be actively serving the nation, are retired in droves into doing nothing, not only denying the country of their contributions, but drawing money from the national purse simply being idle.

And this has been happening for decades.

So we are basically talking about hundreds if not thousands of such officers.

Is this the practice in other countries?

Or is this (sometimes) unnecessary waste peculiar to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:32am On May 28, 2021
SECURITY OPERATIVES RAID SUSPECTED IPOB/ESN CAMP IN AGBOCHIA FOREST, KILL SEVEN SUSPECTS AND ARREST FIVE
Security Operatives comprising Troops of 6 Division, DSS, and NSCDC led by Brig.Gen. MD Danja conducted a raid on a suspected IPOB/ESN camp in Agbochia forest, and killed seven suspects, and arrested five in the process.

The successful raid was conducted around 6.15am on Thursday May 27 in Agbochia Forest along Pipelines Road Ogali/ Kom-Kom boundary between Eleme and Oyigbo LGA of Rivers State.

During the raid, the combined security operatives engaged the criminals in a gun battle and eliminated seven of them while five were arrested.

Items Recovered

The security operatives recovered two AK 47 rifles,
Two G3 rifles,
One locally made machine gun,
One G3 Magazine,
Three rounds of 7.62mm special,
10 rounds 7.62mm x 51mm NATO,
One cutlass,
Five Baofeng handheld radios with chargers,
Ten black Barrett's,
One NAF Tag and rank of an LCPL,
Thirteen belts,
One locally made helmet with ESN inscription,
36 mobile phones,
One NPF face cap,
Five pieces of boots,
One camouflage T-Shirt,
Three backpacks, and
Other valuable documents.

The camp was destroyed by the security personnel, and the suspects arrested have been handed to the Rivers State Police command for discreet investigation.

https://eonsintelligence.com/details/481714681/security-operatives-raid-suspected-ipob-esn-camp-in-agbochia-forest-kill-seven-suspects-and-arrest-five-1263212725

Why is the police not taking along in this operation which they are suppose to be leading sef

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:36am On May 28, 2021
TabletMan:
I know is in Owerri, I was just asking the guy where the road is located in Benin city, since he said it happened in Benin city.

Is not compulsory the police with be under the state executive alone.

People are dying, we need solution. The Nigerian federal police is so ineffective. The kind of killings happening in Benue state would lead to civil war in some other african countries.

State and LG police will solve all this reckless killings up and down.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by TabletMan: 10:42am On May 28, 2021
Sizzorkay:

I said present political atmosphere for a reason. Nigeria is very bad presently because our political class always find a way to utilize power/authority to favour them.
What of salaries, promotion and recruitment?
How about pensions and gratituty?
I think it's good to just strengthen our local vigilant group for now. Till we have strong institution and law , I am not supporting state police.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:42am On May 28, 2021
The acting inspector-general of police, Alkali Baba has said the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) created a vacuum in policing the country.

Baba said this at a media briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

He added that the morale of police officers in the country has been low since the #EndSARS protests in October 2020.

Last October, there were protests in some states, largely organised by youths, to call for an end to police brutality.

They also demanded that SARS, a police unit, notorious for human rights abuses, should be disbanded.

During the protests against police brutality, the Nigeria police also unleashed terror on peaceful protesters in some many parts of the country, including at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos, the epicentre of the struggle.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/27/disbandment-sars-created-vacuum-policing%E2%80%94-police-ig

Where do they get this kin people sef, there were massive killings all over Nigeria even when we have SARS.

The morale of the federal police is so low, even with this kin talk by the police oga, people go still dey argue against state and LG police.

Any state wey feel say dem fit afford am, they should be giving a free hand to create a state police.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2021
Faithful007:
Why should experience and seniority be mutually exclusive in the first place? Or is promotion not based on experience any longer?
The office of COAS is not promotion based
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2021
NafeesaAA:
I want to ask a question.

When a president chooses an officer who is junior to numerous other senior officers for a top position, forcing the seniors into retirement, the senior officers are supposed to receive pension right?

Basically, officers who should be actively serving the nation, are retired in droves into doing nothing, not only denying the country of their contributions, but drawing money from the national purse simply being idle.

And this has been happening for decades.

So we are basically talking about hundreds if not thousands of such officers.

Is this the practice in other countries?

Or is this (sometimes) unnecessary waste peculiar to Nigeria?
Generals are not in thousands abeg. At worst you'd have 20+ per every COAS appointment. Besides in the Armed Forces Act it is stipulated they go into reserve

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:15am On May 28, 2021
That's not an excuse chief. there's never going to be a perfect time to do what's needed. reforms can be carried out regardless of what atmosphere is there. The will to do it is what's lacking. if we are to wait for that perfect time or climate, we will wait for eternity

TabletMan:
I said present political atmosphere for a reason. Nigeria is very bad presently because our political class always find a way to utilize power/authority to favour them.
I think it's good to just strengthen our local vigilant group for now. Till we have strong institution and law , I am not supporting state police.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by TabletMan: 11:23am On May 28, 2021
Sizzorkay:
That's not an excuse chief. there's never going to be a perfect time to do what's needed. reforms can be carried out regardless of what atmosphere is there. The will to do it is what's lacking. if we are to wait for that perfect time or climate, we will wait for eternity

Now is not good because state governors are finding it hard to pay salaries, how will they be able to fund security upto maximum expectations to quell crises rocking their respective states?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:41am On May 28, 2021
But I thought we were told that SWAT don replace SARS, it seems the unit is also ineffective.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:45am On May 28, 2021
TabletMan:
This is one of the reasons we are asking for restructuring, states should stop depending on the FG, and any state that can keep up should be merge with another state.

Is the fault of the military unviable states were created.

Vigilantes with assault rifles can be under the control of the LG chairman, while the state have a state police command under the control of a judiciary.

Working on the constitution will take care of all this if our politicians are really serious.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 12:41pm On May 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrw8mkWd8Os

See as UGM dey work bodly for broad daylight.
COMPLETELY OLD VIDEO. THIS ARE STD FROM ABUJA TO OWERRI. THIS VIDEO WAS ONLINE AROUND MARCH TO APRIL .

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:47pm On May 28, 2021
Sizzorkay:

In that case, section 308 of the constitution granting immunity to President and governor's should be removed so that they can undergo court process while in power...
If they could be sued in personal capacity for offences committed while in power, most of these nonsense would stop.
Even the US where we copied our constitution from don't have section 308... We copied this particular section from the British, who have the rule " the queen can do no wrong".
OBj almost removed this, but when he proposed third term, the Constitution review just scattered.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 28, 2021
MAJOR GENERAL FARUK YAHAYA ASSUMES COMMAND AS THE 22ND CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF AT ARMY HEADQUARTER ABUJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYsZYPf5X-w
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:06pm On May 28, 2021
Same way America maintain her roads and bridges, taxes, boss, taxes.
It's a reform we are talking about right? they put all that into consideration when reforming the systems.
for example gas tax, when you fill up your car, you get charged tax, that money can be used for roads etc, toll gates, among other things.
Like right here in New York, when i pay my monthly gas bill, i see MTA tax, mta is our transit system, now why on earth is that on my gas bill, but it is, because those fools are running out of money to maintain the transit system.
So there are targeted areas they could focus on and get tax money, then direct that towards operating a more professional police force.
Tax laws should be strictly enforced in that country, over here when you get a letter from the IRS, you are about to wet yourself lol. they take their tax money even if you buy a pencil, because that money is Crucial to America's survival. One thing we haven't learned.
Here we pay local, federal and state taxes every single time we get our paychecks. naija could do the same. enforce those tax laws, make sure everyone that runs a business register such business and disclose their profits/losses etc, make low interest rate loans available to businesses, deduct social security payment from those paychecks every time you get paid, that money will then be there for you when you retire and don't have to rely on your children to feed you. grin
you will see billions come in. strict enforcement will do it, under that reform or restructuring.

TabletMan:
Now is not good because state governors are finding it hard to pay salaries, how will they be able to fund security upto maximum expectations to quell crises rocking their respective states?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.